#1 Edited by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a bracket battle among some less-used Sith and Dark Jedi. It is not an attempt to determine the most powerful Sith/Dark Jedi, it is not intended to be comprehensive, some of them are somewhat more-used than others, some of them have more on-panel (etc.) feats than others, and some are more powerful than others. But let's have some fun here!

The pairings in round 1 fight each other first, then the winners go to round 2, etc., until we get to the big winner. Please say who you think wins each fight in each round. If you have to guess, that's fine.

Each combatant is given a choice of light sabers before each battle: one single-bladed light saber, two single-bladed light sabers, one saberstaff (double-bladed light saber), or two saberstaffs. No other weapons or equipment beyond these light sabers (note this especially in regard to Lumiya and Haazen).

The combatants may use the Force, or Sith magic, in any way they know how during their fights.

After each round, each combatant is fully refreshed and healed.

Each combatant is at the height of their abilities, except for those who have switched back and forth between being a Jedi and Dark Jedi and Sith, in which case they are at the height of their abilities during the time which they were a Dark Jedi or Sith, not when they were a good Jedi. Some of them, like Lok or Offee, could arguably not be Dark Jedi, but just normal Jedi in a really bad extended mood :), but I'm calling them Dark Jedi for the purposes of this thread.

The battles take place, one at a time, in Smaug's treasure chamber (Smaug is not there but the treasure is), starting 30' apart, and in character (again, at a point in which the character was aligned with the Dark Side). Win by death, KO, or incapacitation.

Who wins each battle and why?

Links:

Pong Krell, Sora Bulq, Darth Talon, Savage Opress, Ulic Qel-Droma, Darth Wyyrlok, Lumiya, Darth Malgus, Aurra Sing, Darth Wredd, Haazen, Barriss Offee, Darth Nihl, Sharad Hett, Quinlan Vos, Daegen Lok

Pong Krell
Sora Bulq
Darth Talon
Savage Opress
Ulic Qel-Droma
Darth Wyyrlok
Lumiya
Darth Malgus
Aurra Sing
Darth Wredd
Haazen
Barriss Offee
Darth Nihl
Sharad Hett
Quinlan Vos
Daegen Lok

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Ulic wins tourney. Hehe...

#3 Posted by RogueShadow (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#4 Edited by Pr0metheus (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hazeen wins

'cause he looks the coolest.

I know nothing about EU.

#5 Posted by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

Ulic wins tourney. Hehe...

Do you think he does? Or do you think he's overrated? I don't get the "hehe" here.

#6 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: Very VERY VERY Interesting. Quite a lot of factors to factor in but I'll be back.

#7 Posted by Joygirl (20045 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Darth Talon?

#8 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25198 posts) - - Show Bio

Though the fanboy in me screams Ulic, Malgus takes this.

#9 Posted by dondave (37993 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Malgus is certainly one of the main contenders for the big winner. Any thoughts on the other matches?

#11 Edited by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: Very VERY VERY Interesting. Quite a lot of factors to factor in but I'll be back.

Thanks. I know it's not easy to deal with the whole thing at once...take your time.

#12 Posted by ShootingNova (17851 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I promised to @owie I would post in this, but I didn't have the time or energy to do so until now. I'll be using the same format as in the other thread.

Round 1

Left

1. Pong Krell vs Sora Bulq: Ehh... Pong Krell seems to have considerable power and skill, but he only displayed this against clones. I highly doubt he would have as much success against Sora Bulq, who is also more skilled than him. Sora Bulq wins.

2. Savage Opress vs Darth Talon: Savage just wrecks. Talon never impressed me.

3. Ulic Qel-Droma vs Darth Wyylork III: Wyyrlok has considerable mental and other powers, but he never impressed much as a duelist, where Ulic is superior and skill tends to take priority. I do see room for Wyyrlok to win several rounds, but in a close fight, Ulic Qel-Droma should be victorious.

4. Lumiya vs Darth Malgus: Malgus. Stronger, more resilient, more powerful. Lumiya's later showings against Luke are more or less just PIS.

Right

1. Aurra Sing vs Darth Wredd: I haven't read the Legacy comics in a while, but I don't recall impressive feats on Wredd's part. Aurra Sing should be able to win.

2. Haazen vs Barriss Offee: To be honest, Barriss. She demonstrated considerable skill in her fights against Ahsoka, Ventress and Anakin, although she did have the element of surprise against the former two. She is also more powerful. (I still hate how TCW suddenly turned Barris to the dark side and gave no explanation or conclusion for how she came back to the light in future EU works, but now that that stuff is gone, I suppose it doesn't matter anymore).

3. Darth Nihl vs Sharad Hett: Probably Nihl, although neither combatant really impressed me.

4. Quinlan Vos vs Daegen Lok: Don't know anything about Daegan Lok, but a quick online search didn't entirely impress me (I only skimmed the information, though). Quinlan Vos, both out of ignorance for one party and because it would be easier for me to judge future battles.

Round 2

Left

1. Savage Opress vs Sora Bulq: Savage. Sora is more skilled, but unfortunately lacks the power or other physical feats to win. Savage should have it in a good fight.

2. Ulic Qel-Droma vs Darth Malgus: Malgus in a rout. He's about or at least as skilled as Qel-Droma, on top of being stronger, faster (I can't recall many speed feats for Qel-Droma), and much more powerful.

Right

1. Barris Offee vs Aurra Sing: Barris can probably return most of the fire back and has not so inconsiderable skill and power. Barriss wins.

2. Darth Nihl vs Quinlan Vos: Quinlan Vos is just better.

Round 3

Left

1. Savage Opress vs Darth Malgus: This is a decent fight, but while Savage is only stronger, Malgus is more skilled and likely more powerful, with Lightning being an edge for him as well. Malgus wins.

Right

1. Barriss Offee vs Quinlan Vos: This is a good fight. They seem to be almost even, if anything. Hmm.... I might give it to Quinlan Vos since this needs to have a victor.

Round 4

Darth Malgus vs Quinlan Vos: Malgus gets the relatively comfortable victory. He is stronger, more skilled, and more powerful.

#13 Posted by Owie (3765 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Thanks for putting in the time! I'm interested that you had Malgus go the distance, I know you're not always a big supporter of him in other threads, due to the relative featlessness of his opponents. Do you see his opponents in this thread as just being of lesser quality than the others he often goes up against in the forums?

I agree with your comments on Barriss. I was pretty impressed with her abilities at the end of the Clone Wars.