#1 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rules...

• Pre/Post 52 Wildcat
  • All of Ippo's manga and anime feats from Fighting Spirit can be referenced.
  • Boxing feats only
  • Strength is equalized.
  • 8 Rounds

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat. He's a heavyweight champion, and he's more experienced.

#3 Posted by SMXLR8 (1431 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8:

Oh right bc Ippo has "never" beaten anyone more experienced than himself... except that he has... many times over...

#5 Edited by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8:

@saiyan_earthling said:

Oh right bc Ippo has "never" beaten anyone more experienced than himself... except that he has... many times over...

You're forgetting something... Wildcat is a heavyweight champion, and he's considered to be the best boxer of DC, having taught the likes of Batman, Black Canary, and even Superman. Wildcat has been known to be able to 1 hit KO highly trained fighters. He may be old, but he's still use to fighting tough, and take hard hits.

And just for the record, Ippo is still a featherweight.

#6 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque said:

@smxlr8:

@saiyan_earthling said:

You're forgetting something... Wildcat is a heavyweight champion, and he's considered to be the best boxer of DC, having taught the likes of Batman, Black Canary, and even Superman. Wildcat has been known to be able to 1 hit KO highly trained fighters. He may be old, but he's still use to fighting tough, and take hard hits.

Ippo hits harder than most heavy weights...

#7 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque said:

@smxlr8:

@saiyan_earthling said:

That's why I equalized their strength to make it fair.

#8 Edited by SMXLR8 (1431 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling said:

@carter_esque said:

@smxlr8:

@saiyan_earthling said:

STOP QUOTING GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Posted by RetconCrisis (3740 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8 said:

@carter_esque said:

@saiyan_earthling said:

@carter_esque said:

@smxlr8:

@saiyan_earthling said:

STOP QUOTING GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Posted by kyrees (4919 posts) - - Show Bio

wildcat, far bigger experience than ippo

#11 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#12 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#13 Posted by Chibi_cute (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

That ring picture..

Is that manny pacquiao Knocking down hatton?

#14 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

That ring picture..

Is that manny pacquiao Knocking down hatton?

yup lol

#15 Posted by Mister_X_1 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat

He is a heavyweight boxer, and has the experience that Ippo lacks

#16 Edited by SlimJ87D (9685 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: dude Ippo is 124.5 lbs... I use your knowledge of both people next time please. Strength equalizing does not mean weight and size equalizing.

#17 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@carter_esque: dude Ippo is 124.5 lbs... I use your knowledge of both people next time please. Strength equalizing does not mean weight and size equalizing.

You're reading way too much into this... I mean over-thinking it to the maximum. What's that have to do with anything when I've made so Ippo can hit just as hard as the person he's fighting? And who challenges the rules that the OP has set anyway? Really, who does that?

#18 Posted by SlimJ87D (9685 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: people usually challenge the Op when the OP socks. Happens all the time.

#19 Posted by IRS (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat wipes the floor with him. Really he does. What this should have been is Takamura vs Wildcat, that would be a good fight.

#20 Posted by Iggy_Knightfall (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Ippo has fought people on the superhuman caliber, I believe Wildcat wins.

#21 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@irs said:

Wildcat wipes the floor with him. Really he does. What this should have been is Takamura vs Wildcat, that would be a good fight.

I had thought about using Takamura but I wanted to see how the main protagonist would fair against Wildcat first.

#22 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@carter_esque: people usually challenge the Op when the OP socks. Happens all the time.

Well I don't care what you think. Unless you're going to debate about the match up, there's no reason to respond to you beyond this post. Good day.

#23 Posted by SlimJ87D (9685 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: I was just be honest and genuine, the op sucks. Don't take it personally.

#24 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@carter_esque: I was just be honest and genuine, the op sucks. Don't take it personally.

Okay, I didn't. I'm just saying that pointing out what you think the OP lacks is counterproductive to the thread's purpose. If you don't like a thread, you don't really have to comment just to express why you think it's flawed.

#25 Posted by SMXLR8 (1431 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by SMXLR8 (1431 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by SMXLR8 (1431 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by Cor_Tsar (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Wild Cat old as balls, he probably beat John Dempsey, Mike Tyson, and Muhammad Ali all at their respective times, no matter how much i like Ippo, he probably doesn't have anything new or better to show Wildcat. Ippo did tank 2 ton punch, and with strength equalized i'm sure he'll be in the ring for a while, but WC is just too experienced.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by DarthAznable (6659 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking of this match.