#1 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one - On horse back, standard gear for both, battle to the death

Round two - Both start 20 feet apart on the ground, standard gear for both, battle to the death.
 

 Boromir


vs
 

 Eddard Stark


 






Which incarnation of Sean would win this battle and why?

#2 Edited by odinswrath (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one: Eddard, only because i havent really seen or heard of a fight where Boromir was on horse back. And please no spoilers for ice and fire... getting through game of thrones book lol.

Round two: Eddard again. Boromir (going off the movies) only fights orcs. Eddard has fought Taragyens soldiers and Lannisters (for a fight). I think Taragyen men and Lannister men are much more of a challenge as opposed to orcs. Orcs are mindless, but are good in numbers of course. But i think Eddard has just fought more skilled opponents. So i give Eddard the win here.

Love both characters tho, good fight =)

#3 Posted by Fragneto (746 posts) - - Show Bio

006 Sean Bean FTW!

#4 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir wins both rounds (although i prefer Eddard as a character). Boromirs' brother Faramir showed that their people are fully trained and willing to fight on horse back, they just didnt get a chance to show it because Lord Denethor sent them to their deaths against a large number of orcs with arrows. My point is that they were prepared to fight on horseback but have no feats to show they are any good, but going from the way Boromir fights on foot, and that his people are acustommed to fighting on horseback, then i'm presuming Boromir is pretty handy on a horse too. 
Boromir was killed by arrows - any swordsman no matter how good can be killed like that. 
In the book Ned Stark's horse fell on him in the fight against Jaime lannisters men which is how his leg was injured (in the series it shows him fighting Jaime and one of Jaime's men stabs his leg with a spear). If Ned can taken off his horse by a few foot soldiers that leads me to believe that his speciality isnt fighting on horseback either. So the fight on horseback is much the same as the fight on foot - who is the better fighter? In both the books and the series/films Boromir has more feats and shows the better fighting skill and also has arguably the better reputation.
Eddard Stark is also one of the most loyal and noble people in the song of ice and fire realm, Boromirs loyalty was broken by the ring. I see Boromir using his slight superior skill and the odd dirty tactic to gain victory in both fights here.

#5 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Ned fighting with a regular blade or does he have Ice?

#6 Posted by odinswrath (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: id assume, since they have all their stuff

#7 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@OptimusPalm said:
Boromir wins both rounds (although i prefer Eddard as a character). Boromirs' brother Faramir showed that their people are fully trained and willing to fight on horse back, they just didnt get a chance to show it because Lord Denethor sent them to their deaths against a large number of orcs with arrows. My point is that they were prepared to fight on horseback but have no feats to show they are any good, but going from the way Boromir fights on foot, and that his people are acustommed to fighting on horseback, then i'm presuming Boromir is pretty handy on a horse too.  Boromir was killed by arrows - any swordsman no matter how good can be killed like that.  In the book Ned Stark's horse fell on him in the fight against Jaime lannisters men which is how his leg was injured (in the series it shows him fighting Jaime and one of Jaime's men stabs his leg with a spear). If Ned can taken off his horse by a few foot soldiers that leads me to believe that his speciality isnt fighting on horseback either. So the fight on horseback is much the same as the fight on foot - who is the better fighter? In both the books and the series/films Boromir has more feats and shows the better fighting skill and also has arguably the better reputation. Eddard Stark is also one of the most loyal and noble people in the song of ice and fire realm, Boromirs loyalty was broken by the ring. I see Boromir using his slight superior skill and the odd dirty tactic to gain victory in both fights here.

I agree with this, but I do think that Boromir redeemed himself for his fault in allowing himself to become corrupted when he defended the Hobbits in the end.
#8 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor: Yeah he definately made ammends, i just feel if one of them was to use dirty tricks it would be Boromir (he could go for the old 'handful of dirt in the face' move)
#9 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@OptimusPalm
btw, Love the Children of Hurin AV, bro.  That was a great book.
#10 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@odinswrath: But the real part of my question was. Was Ned "fighting" with Ice, he only seemed to use it to behead people I don't think any of his flashbacks showed him using Ice for combat even though that would've been interesting to see.

#11 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor: its the best tolkien book IMO, i wish there were more books about the history before LOTR
#12 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

i personally prefer Ned..

#13 Posted by odinswrath (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: i always assumed he carried around... am i wrong?

#14 Posted by odinswrath (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@OptimusPalm: honestly, id be nice if the person put morals on lol

#15 Posted by Blood_guts (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinswrath said:

Round one: Eddard, only because i havent really seen or heard of a fight where Boromir was on horse back. And please no spoilers for ice and fire... getting through game of thrones book lol.

Round two: Eddard again. Boromir (going off the movies) only fights orcs. Eddard has fought Taragyens soldiers and Lannisters (for a fight). I think Taragyen men and Lannister men are much more of a challenge as opposed to orcs. Orcs are mindless, but are good in numbers of course. But i think Eddard has just fought more skilled opponents. So i give Eddard the win here.

Love both characters tho, good fight =)

however eddard has never fought orcs and certainly not the stronger than regular human uruk kai 
 
r1:eddard 
r2:eddard 
sean bean loes everey match.... and wins......MIND F#CK!
#16 Edited by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@odinswrath: When he was visiting them hoes in Kings Landing and encountered Kingslayer and his posse the tv show showed him with a regular blade and the book never made any indication he brought Ice along to the fight.

#17 Posted by odinswrath (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood_guts: but sean bean has??? YOU HAVE ENTERED THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

#18 Posted by Blood_guts (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinswrath said:

@Blood_guts: but sean bean has??? YOU HAVE ENTERED THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#19 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't recall if Boromir's sword had any magical enchantments in the books, can anyone elabor ate on this for me its ben a while

#20 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio
@Steps: Ser Ilyn Payne chopped his head off using Ice, so Eddard must've bought it to Kings Landing. Its a huge long sword so to carry around the Citedel would be a bit awkward which is probably why he only had a short sword when surprised by the Lannister troops.
@CapitolPunishment
Not that i recall, i read them years ago and cant remember the sword being enchanted 
 
#21 Posted by alcoholbob (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddard Stark got hurt by his horse 17 years removed from war, cut him some slack.

#22 Posted by odinswrath (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@alcoholbob: lol

#23 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

@OptimusPalm: Thanks for the info. As far as the sword I just remember the book gave great detail on its specifications, looks, design weight and balance. If I remember correctly it was a gift from his mother. I do not recall if it had a name or if it was enchanted with magic but I guess it was not. I remember his horn was enchanted, when he blew it it would take the courage out of his enemy/s and also give him more strength. I wonder if this would effect a man as noble and brave as Ned.

#24 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapitolPunishment said:

@OptimusPalm: Thanks for the info. As far as the sword I just remember the book gave great detail on its specifications, looks, design weight and balance. If I remember correctly it was a gift from his mother. I do not recall if it had a name or if it was enchanted with magic but I guess it was not. I remember his horn was enchanted, when he blew it it would take the courage out of his enemy/s and also give him more strength. I wonder if this would effect a man as noble and brave as Ned.

No probs. You remember more than i do about the sword! I'm not sure Boromir would use the horn in a one on one fight (he may not have the opportunity) and i seem to remember it was meant to be used as a call for help? I may be wrong though

#25 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Great..this thread reminded me of season 1...now am angry and sad. 
 
#26 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@OptimusPalm: I know he brought it to KL but from what I've read and seen it seems he only uses Ice for beheading. Which leads me to believe that the Starks only use Ice for ceremonial acts of judgement if you will as opposed to a weapon they use in a fight. It's like a sword that's too symbolic for the Straks to be used in a fight. At least that's what I got from it.

#27 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio
@Steps
The thing is, in neither the books or the series it doesnt show or describe Neds previous battles in much detail, so we'd only be guessing at the sword he used. When Morment gives John Snow the sword that Jorah left behind when he was exciled John says it reminds him of his fathers sword (Ice). John carries that sword with him (with the intention of using it in battle), its for this reason that i believe Ned would have carried Ice into battle. Of course, this is only my opinion.
#28 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir in a massive stomp both rounds.

#29 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Joygirl (18834 posts) - - Show Bio

Sean Bean from Equilibrium wins.

#31 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir wins with ease. Ned's greatest feat was holding out against the Sword of the Morning.

#32 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Sean Bean from Equilibrium wins.

Partridge, Baby girl <3

#33 Posted by dondave (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir

#34 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9585 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir, I wasn't really impressed by Stark's fights in the shows(haven't read the book). Better match would probably be against someone like Jamie or the Hound

Online
#35 Posted by Joygirl (18834 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

How could sean bean beat himself up and yet i didnt mentionned the fact that both character are death.

Alec Trevelyan Solo

Joke apart Boromir wins.

ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT

ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT

#38 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

LORD Eddard Stark FTw

#39 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9585 posts) - - Show Bio

Boromir, not that impressed by Eddard honestly.

Online
#40 Posted by dakkad00d (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddard's sword Ice is a pretty big advantage considering it is forged with magic and absurdly sharp and strong because of it.