#1 Posted by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep 
Fight takes place in a Empty NY 
Thanos (Cannot use his Energy Manip or Telepathy or TK but he can use his Force Fields) 
Bor (Cannot use his Enery Manip but can use his shield and spear) 
To the death both bloodlusted 
Thanos can die in this fight 
No BFR 
Morals off 

VS

#2 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Bor, but he was turned to snow by a quick spell by Loki and lacks an effective means of actually putting down Thanos. 
It also doesn't help that Thor one shotted him after trying to talk some sense into him for a while, albiet busting Mjolnir in the process, which is a crazy good feat for Bor on it's own. 

Bah I'll say Thanos, Bor can't BFR him and he can't kill him so Bor doesn't have much else to do other then mindlessly fight him till one of them goes down..
#3 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos:
thanos can die in the fight
#4 Posted by pooty (11244 posts) - - Show Bio
@slacker the hacker:  I'm going to say Thanos. This is basically going off strength and durability since energy is not allowed. so i'm going with Thanos who has more feats
#5 Posted by Nefarious (20653 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos still wins. 

#6 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:
"@Hellos: thanos can die in the fight "

Not only is he packing a body immune to Death, but Death's also rejecting him which would still make him come back.
#7 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't Thor Kill Bor??? Thanos stomp

#8 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenshot80 said:
"Haven't Thor Kill Bor??? Thanos stomp "

Odin Force Thor. 
It's when Bor was starting to put energy out that was going to destroy the planet Thor came in and killed him, actually breaking Mjolnir in the process. 

Bor's still a skyfather, even if his feats are somewhat limited. He probably could have given Odin a run for his money.
#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37950 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor admitted if it werent for the odinforce , first strike bor wouldve killed him, and Bor broke one of Thor's ribs and Hellos said, Thor broke mjolnir killing him, I give it to Bor.
#10 Posted by pooty (11244 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:  Reportedly Odin and Bor are pretty much close in power. But Bor does not have the feats. Going off of speculation and flashbacks i would say Bor wins. But going off of feats i say Thanos. havn't seen enough of Bor to give him the match
#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37950 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty:
i can agree with that.
#12 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

in a straight brawl with no supernatural stuff? BOR ENDRE LIFE!!!!!!!!

#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanos. By far better feats overall.
#14 Posted by HolySerpent (12568 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @god_spawn:  Reportedly Odin and Bor are pretty much close in power. But Bor does not have the feats. Going off of speculation and flashbacks i would say Bor wins. But going off of feats i say Thanos. havn't seen enough of Bor to give him the match "
#15 Posted by deathlife (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
"  I want to say Bor, but he was turned to snow by a quick spell by Loki and lacks an effective means of actually putting down Thanos. It also doesn't help that Thor one shotted him after trying to talk some sense into him for a while, albiet busting Mjolnir in the process, which is a crazy good feat for Bor on it's own.  Bah I'll say Thanos, Bor can't BFR him and he can't kill him so Bor doesn't have much else to do other then mindlessly fight him till one of them goes down.. "

Actually that spell worked on Bor only because his magic defenses were down (it was said because the Frost giants he was fighting with had weak magics).

That being said, i go with Thanos. He has far better feats/
#16 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @god_spawn:  Reportedly Odin and Bor are pretty much close in power. But Bor does not have the feats. Going off of speculation and flashbacks i would say Bor wins. But going off of feats i say Thanos. havn't seen enough of Bor to give him the match "
#17 Posted by GhettoSwag (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Bors magic is more powerful than odins isn't it? lol

#18 Posted by KingOfAsh (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Bor just on planet destroying level?

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio

I think The Purple Titan would put those hands on Bor... it could be a very good fight though still.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#21 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3021 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos should win.

#22 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very close actually. Honestly had Bor had some more decent fights, apart from 1 with Odin Force Thor and a short one with X-factor and lastly where he basically ran away fearing death from the Desir, he doesnt really have a lot of feats, but you do get an impression, specially from the first fight with Thor , that he is meant to be a whole weight class above normal heroes like Thor and Silver Surfer.

Had he had more fights, there was good chance marvel would establish him superior to Thanos, but this is just pure speculation from my part.

#23 Edited by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

Bors magic is more powerful than odins isn't it? lol

Quite the contrary, since at his time Bor had no competition he never actually bothered learning magic, thats the reason Loki could trick him, turn him into ice, and later forcefully teleport him to currect reality simultaneously putting a hax on his head where he would see Thor, who was trying to talk to him like a gentleman as a monster.

#24 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very close actually. Honestly had Bor had some more decent fights, apart from 1 with Odin Force Thor and a short one with X-factor and lastly where he basically ran away fearing death from the Desir, he doesnt really have a lot of feats, but you do get an impression, specially from the first fight with Thor , that he is meant to be a whole weight class above normal heroes like Thor and Silver Surfer.

Had he had more fights, there was good chance marvel would establish him superior to Thanos, but this is just pure speculation from my part.

Wasn't he depowered in fight with X-Factor? I mean, he was dead at the moment and we've seen that when he is dead he is almost powerless (moment when Hela summons him to remove Mjolnir from 9 worlds remade by Twilight Sword).

IMO if Thanos can die here, Bor would win sooner or later, since he can kill Thor with one punch according to Thor, Thanos can't do it and Bor has his spear which was able to block Mjolnir in pretty good way.

#25 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has better feats, So I choose him.

#26 Edited by GhettoSwag (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well actually, all norse gods aren't immune to getting speklls cast on them.. Thor and odin have had spells cast on them.. But anyways, apparently Bor had magic that rivaled odins own, or even greater.. It says that on his wiki page...

#27 Edited by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well actually, all norse gods aren't immune to getting speklls cast on them.. Thor and odin have had spells cast on them.. But anyways, apparently Bor had magic that rivaled odins own, or even greater.. It says that on his wiki page...

Norse Gods arent immune never said anything to the contrary, but the chronology makes it pretty clearly that Loki is incapable of harming Odin of his magic, unless huge plot is involved.

That being said i can look for the scan, its from the same comics or 1 issue earlier when Bor fights Thor, he wasnt adapt in magic really, the only thing he has done is cursed the Valkarie into being disir, thats the only magic feat Bor has his entire life.

And wiki pages, even one in comicvine arent very reliable source.

Wasn't he depowered in fight with X-Factor? I mean, he was dead at the moment and we've seen that when he is dead he is almost powerless (moment when Hela summons him to remove Mjolnir from 9 worlds remade by Twilight Sword).

I have seen no mention of him being depowered though, nor do i remember anything being said he is completely powerless when dead. Where is that shown or stated?

IMO if Thanos can die here, Bor would win sooner or later, since he can kill Thor with one punch according to Thor, Thanos can't do it and Bor has his spear which was able to block Mjolnir in pretty good way.

Possible because thats the statement comes to mind, but he does still lack feats to suggest he is as powerful. After all his only real fight till date was against Thor and X-factor, and you are saying he was likely depowered on the second.

Thanos could kill Thor in an all out brawl as well, he nearly killed Surfer when they fought, but i am with you i dont think he could have done it in one punch. So that shows Bor is stronger, not necessarily more durable. He did lost against OF Thor , hard to say Thanos is just as durable, more likely, more so than Bor.

I think its close could go either way and while Bor has his spear, Thanos has his shield, which would be handy.

#28 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

I have seen no mention of him being depowered though, nor do i remember anything being said he is completely powerless when dead. Where is that shown or stated?

In Avengers:Prime, when Thor, Cap and Iron Man comes to Asgard after Siege. Then, they are teleported to area in which Asgard was placed before they came to Earth. Hela has Twilight Sword and manipulated realities of all other realms. She puts down Thor and she wants to remove Mjolnir from her realms. She summons Bor's "ghost" to do it for her, since she can't move it. Bor refuses, but he can do nothing against her. Do You remember when Zeus was killed? He also didn't have his Skyfathers powers in Hades.

X-factor, and you are saying he was likely depowered on the second.

But don't take it as 100% fact, I barely remember that comic. And... Wasn't that New Mutants instead of X-F? In this cross between them and JIM.

So that shows Bor is stronger, not necessarily more durable.

Yeah, that comes to my mind too.

I think its close

Fully agree.

#29 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Yes thank you, i was talking about New Mutant and the cross over with Journey into the Mystery, got that confused with X-factor and the recent Hell On Earth story arc.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

Also not sure if anyone has noticed, its not 616 Thanos in the OP, but i am guessing its not intentional and just a wrong picture.