Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Bor
Bor
Sentry
Does The Sentry have what it takes to bring down
the Architect of Asgard? A God of Gods who nearly obliterated an Odinpowered Thor and would have killed him if were not for the Odinpower? Or will The Sentry be able to best The All-Father's Father in a fight to the death?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sentry.OVERKILL.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Hmmm...maybe Bor
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Didn't Loki kill Bor?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
Vance Astro said:
"Didn't Loki kill Bor?"
He/She Did ?

previous post of KS has heartattack and dies
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Vance Astro said:
"Didn't Loki kill Bor?"
Sort of but all Loki really did was scatter his essence into the Snow using a very powerful mystical spell, but that's way different from killing someone in physical combat, plus Bor wasn't actually dead, just waiting.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Scourge
I'm saying Sentry
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Bor, Odinforce Thor is more impressive than Sentry (when he fights like he has it) and Bor matched a full powered Thor utilizing the Odinforce. That makes him more than Sentry can handle.

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rei-Kai

Bor was undefeated when it came to battle. He was practically invincible. He had no fear of the Frost Giants cause none of them were strong enough in magic to be considered a threat, so he never learned the mystic arts himself. That was his mistake. However, I don't see Sentry as the mystic type.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordraiden
Emerald_General_Jai said:
"Bor, Odinforce Thor is more impressive than Sentry (when he fights like he has it) and Bor matched a full powered Thor utilizing the Odinforce. That makes him more than Sentry can handle."

When did Odin's dad, Bor, fight his grandson Thor?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"Bor was undefeated when it came to battle. He was practically invincible. He had no fear of the Frost Giants cause none of them were strong enough in magic to be considered a threat, so he never learned the mystic arts himself. That was his mistake. However, I don't see Sentry as the mystic type."
You don't know what the Sentry can handle.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom
lordraiden said:
"Emerald_General_Jai said:
"Bor, Odinforce Thor is more impressive than Sentry (when he fights like he has it) and Bor matched a full powered Thor utilizing the Odinforce. That makes him more than Sentry can handle."

When did Odin's dad, Bor, fight his grandson Thor?"
Thor 600.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordraiden
AtPhantom said:
"lordraiden said:

Thor 600."

Really? picking that up today, been hanging for that!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
Thor 600 huh ? Yeah I will have to get that one myself...
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordraiden
Vance Astro said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Bor was undefeated when it came to battle. He was practically invincible. He had no fear of the Frost Giants cause none of them were strong enough in magic to be considered a threat, so he never learned the mystic arts himself. That was his mistake. However, I don't see Sentry as the mystic type."
You don't know what the Sentry can handle."

No one does, least of all Marvel! They haven't got the balls to step up to the character :-)
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ecsnclr
lordraiden said:
"AtPhantom said:
"lordraiden said:

Thor 600."

Really? picking that up today, been hanging for that!"

Why have they jumped to 600 i don't get it ?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
ecsnclr said:
"lordraiden said:
"AtPhantom said:
"lordraiden said:

Thor 600."

Why have they jumped to 600 i don't get it ?"
Well it's supposed to be issue 13 or something like that of the new series, but it's the 600th Thor comic out since Thor was created in the sixties.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ecsnclr
AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"lordraiden said:
"AtPhantom said:
"lordraiden said:

Thor 600."

Why have they jumped to 600 i don't get it ?"
Well it's supposed to be issue 13 or something like that of the new series, but it's the 600th Thor comic out since Thor was created in the sixties."
Oh i get Because i have 1 to 13 Vol 3 but I never got the fact that it jumped to 600 LOL thanx for telling me
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lordraiden

Yeah, they've jumped back to it's original numbering! If they still kept it as it's original numbers, this is what issue number it would be up to! See, that way they get the best of both worlds, they can start it off with a new issue number 1 for a relaunch/new series, then at some point, kick it back into it's original numbering!

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ecsnclr
lordraiden said:
"Yeah, they've jumped back to it's original numbering! If they still kept it as it's original numbers, this is what issue number it would be up to! See, that way they get the best of both worlds, they can start it off with a new issue number 1 for a relaunch/new series, then at some point, kick it back into it's original numbering!"
So you think it was agood idea
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordraiden
ecsnclr said:
"lordraiden said:
"Yeah, they've jumped back to it's original numbering! If they still kept it as it's original numbers, this is what issue number it would be up to! See, that way they get the best of both worlds, they can start it off with a new issue number 1 for a relaunch/new series, then at some point, kick it back into it's original numbering!"
So you think it was agood idea"

For me, either iether! Although I prefer the old numbering system, it's not really an issue and doesn't detract from my enthusiasm for the title :-)
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ecsnclr
lordraiden said:
"ecsnclr said:
"lordraiden said:
So you think it was agood idea"

For me, either iether! Although I prefer the old numbering system, it's not really an issue and doesn't detract from my enthusiasm for the title :-)"
I know where your coming from but i still don't get why they made Loki a girl LOL do you think he will be a bloke again soon
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lordraiden

Well, technicly, they (i'm assuming your refering to JMS and Marvel) didn't really make him a girl, it was Loki who's done all this himself, most of it being explained in said issue we're talking about, all for manipulating things for his purpose! Loki is still Loki, if you read the previous issue, I think, you see him stepping out of the form that he's in, and you see him as he really is, in Hela's realm! I believe the female form he took/is inhabiting, is Sif's form, but you know what happend to her and what Loki did! He's doing a big mindf#$% over Thor in many ways, by doing what he's been doing over the last twelve issues which culminated in Thor #600, and him using Sif's body that she was suppose to inhabit, is another way of him screwing Thor over, mentally and emotionally, cause I believe he plans in getting back into his own skin, and letting Sif get back into her's (the one Loki's been wearing for the last twelve issues), but Thor and everyone else are use to seeing Loki when they see that female image, he's tainted Sif's new body, so both her and Thor have been psychologically screwed! Looks like Loki's pulled a pearler of a revenge and mindfu#$@ on his hated enemies :-)

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ecsnclr
lordraiden said:
"Well, technicly, they (i'm assuming your refering to JMS and Marvel) didn't really make him a girl, it was Loki who's done all this himself, most of it being explained in said issue we're talking about, all for manipulating things for his purpose! Loki is still Loki, if you read the previous issue, I think, you see him stepping out of the form that he's in, and you see him as he really is, in Hela's realm! I believe the female form he took/is inhabiting, is Sif's form, but you know what happend to her and what Loki did! He's doing a big mindf#$% over Thor in many ways, by doing what he's been doing over the last twelve issues which culminated in Thor #600, and him using Sif's body that she was suppose to inhabit, is another way of him screwing Thor over, mentally and emotionally, cause I believe he plans in getting back into his own skin, and letting Sif get back into her's (the one Loki's been wearing for the last twelve issues), but Thor and everyone else are use to seeing Loki when they see that female image, he's tainted Sif's new body, so both her and Thor have been psychologically screwed! Looks like Loki's pulled a pearler of a revenge and mindfu#$@ on his hated enemies :-)"
Funny thing is he made Thor think he's a changed man/woman so he's good LOL
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordraiden
ecsnclr said:
"lordraiden said:
"Well, technicly, they (i'm assuming your refering to JMS and Marvel) didn't really make him a girl, it was Loki who's done all this himself, most of it being explained in said issue we're talking about, all for manipulating things for his purpose! Loki is still Loki, if you read the previous issue, I think, you see him stepping out of the form that he's in, and you see him as he really is, in Hela's realm! I believe the female form he took/is inhabiting, is Sif's form, but you know what happend to her and what Loki did! He's doing a big mindf#$% over Thor in many ways, by doing what he's been doing over the last twelve issues which culminated in Thor #600, and him using Sif's body that she was suppose to inhabit, is another way of him screwing Thor over, mentally and emotionally, cause I believe he plans in getting back into his own skin, and letting Sif get back into her's (the one Loki's been wearing for the last twelve issues), but Thor and everyone else are use to seeing Loki when they see that female image, he's tainted Sif's new body, so both her and Thor have been psychologically screwed! Looks like Loki's pulled a pearler of a revenge and mindfu#$@ on his hated enemies :-)"
Funny thing is he made Thor think he's a changed man/woman so he's good LOL"

Not really! Thor always new he was never to be trusted and always new at the back of his mind not to trust him and he'd still be planning something! You can change your skin, but you can't change your nature :-)
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ecsnclr
lordraiden said:
"ecsnclr said:
"lordraiden said:
Funny thing is he made Thor think he's a changed man/woman so he's good LOL"

Not really! Thor always new he was never to be trusted and always new at the back of his mind not to trust him and he'd still be planning something! You can change your skin, but you can't change your nature :-)"

To True i just finished sending out like all my Cyber Valentine cards cos I'm CHEESY lol
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vrakmul

Bor smashes sentry's atoms back into their component electrons, neutrons, and protons, and the neutrons and protons into their compnent quarks and those back into their component mesons.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Scourge
I dont think this would be an easy fight. I think it would be real tough for Sentry to pick up the win. Bor fought Thor and gave him a lot of trouble in their fight. Bor was able to catch Mjolnir when Thor threw his hammer and it was stated that his power could destroy the Earth. I think Sentry would win but it would be tough for sure.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Assman

Bor

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Erik
Fresh Prince said:
"I dont think this would be an easy fight. I think it would be real tough for Sentry to pick up the win. Bor fought Thor and gave him a lot of trouble in their fight. Bor was able to catch Mjolnir when Thor threw his hammer and it was stated that his power could destroy the Earth. I think Sentry would win but it would be tough for sure.
"
For most of that fight, Thor was trying not to kill Bor. Once he decided to kill him, he did it in one hit.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Scourge
erik said:
"Fresh Prince said:
"I dont think this would be an easy fight. I think it would be real tough for Sentry to pick up the win. Bor fought Thor and gave him a lot of trouble in their fight. Bor was able to catch Mjolnir when Thor threw his hammer and it was stated that his power could destroy the Earth. I think Sentry would win but it would be tough for sure.
"
For most of that fight, Thor was trying not to kill Bor. Once he decided to kill him, he did it in one hit."
Doesnt mean he had no trouble. Being able to actually catch Mjolnir is a pretty impressive feat right there. And Thor said that Bor could destroy the Earth if he kept it up.And he didnt do it in one hit because Thor also got a bunch of hits on him earlier which also weakened Bor.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik

My point is that during the whole fight, Thor was holding back. Once he cut loose, Bor died very easily.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Scourge
erik said:
"My point is that during the whole fight, Thor was holding back. Once he cut loose, Bor died very easily."
True but I still think a fight between Bor and Sentry would be a close one.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik

I do as well. I even think Bor could take this if he played his cards right.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
erik said:
"My point is that during the whole fight, Thor was holding back. Once he cut loose, Bor died very easily."
Maybe i read the wrong fight, but I did not get that impression at all. I mean, to begin with, Thor wasn't the only one holding back. It was pretty clear that, until the end, Bor wasn't tapping the limits of his power. He started with weapons, then took it to a fist fight instead of using his energy/magic, which he kept until the very end when he started to worry about getting worn down by Thor and the Avengers. Anyway, my bigger disagreement was with how Bor died easily the moment Thor cut loose. Thor was without his hammer when Bor powered up and Thor decided he needed to kill him. He could barely resist Bor's power output and make forward progress to regain his hammer. He took several blasts from Bor that caused him obvious pain and slowed him down even more before he finally reached his weapon. When he did they clashed and after that Thor was talking about how weak he felt and how he was about to die. The final time they both struck it looked like Thor hit when Bor didn't so he won (destroying his weapon in the process). Thor was struggling every second between his decision to "cut loose" and his victory, didn't seem easy to me.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SeSAW

gonna go with Bor

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Scourge
Buckshot said:
"erik said:
Maybe i read the wrong fight, but I did not get that impression at all. I mean, to begin with, Thor wasn't the only one holding back. It was pretty clear that, until the end, Bor wasn't tapping the limits of his power. He started with weapons, then took it to a fist fight instead of using his energy/magic, which he kept until the very end when he started to worry about getting worn down by Thor and the Avengers. Anyway, my bigger disagreement was with how Bor died easily the moment Thor cut loose. Thor was without his hammer when Bor powered up and Thor decided he needed to kill him. He could barely resist Bor's power output and make forward progress to regain his hammer. He took several blasts from Bor that caused him obvious pain and slowed him down even more before he finally reached his weapon. When he did they clashed and after that Thor was talking about how weak he felt and how he was about to die. The final time they both struck it looked like Thor hit when Bor didn't so he won (destroying his weapon in the process). Thor was struggling every second between his decision to "cut loose" and his victory, didn't seem easy to me."
In a way though, Thor was holding back because he didnt want to kill Bor because he knew he was one of his fellow Asgardians. But I agree with you that Bor too was also holding back a bit because he only unleashed his full power towards the end of the fight. But Thor also did put him down with one hit from his hammer. In this fight alone Bor showed some pretty impressive feats like catching Mjolnir and showing that he had enough power to destroy the Earth. I think Bor can beat Sentry here but it would still be tough.

and everyone out there Thor does have the Odinforce. He stated it in Thor 600 :)
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Nighthunter

I wasn't the only one that saw how Bor was owning Thor for the complete fight right? Sentry doesn't stand a chance

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Scourge
Nighthunter said:
"I wasn't the only one that saw how Bor was owning Thor for the complete fight right? Sentry doesn't stand a chance"
Because Thor didnt want to kill him. So he didnt use his full power until he needed to.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AtPhantom
Nighthunter said:
"I wasn't the only one that saw how Bor was owning Thor for the complete fight right? Sentry doesn't stand a chance"
Nope, I saw the same thing.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Nighthunter
Fresh Prince said:
"Nighthunter said:
Because Thor didnt want to kill him. So he didnt use his full power until he needed to."
he never said that he didn't want to kill him
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Fresh Prince said:

In a way though, Thor was holding back because he didnt want to kill Bor because he knew he was one of his fellow Asgardians. But I agree with you that Bor too was also holding back a bit because he only unleashed his full power towards the end of the fight. But Thor also did put him down with one hit from his hammer. In this fight alone Bor showed some pretty impressive feats like catching Mjolnir and showing that he had enough power to destroy the Earth. I think Bor can beat Sentry here but it would still be tough.

and everyone out there Thor does have the Odinforce. He stated it in Thor 600 :)"
Put him down with one hit? Not that it really matters, but that's not true. Did he not hit Bor until the final attack? Whether he was hitting him to kill or not, he was hitting him throughout the fight and obviously using more power than normal to do it (Bor said how Thor was using the Odinforce as they fought and Thor mentioned how it was keeping him in the fight). Even if you only count when Thor "stopped holding back" - which time though? i would say that saying something like "this must end quickly...so end it i shall" (and failing to put him down with the following "one hit from his hammer" btw) would be evidence of Thor's seriousness, but we can go with later in the fight - he took him down on the second hit.
As for the Odinforce, I am underwhelmed. (I was underwhelmed by the entire fight actually, coulda been longer, more destructive, with more displays of power from both of them, but maybe that's just me.) Thor doesn't seem to use it for much else than bolstering his physical abilities. 
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Scourge
Nighthunter said:
he never said that he didn't want to kill him"
It was implied. "I must try to slow him down, buy time to discover what this is all about". He wanted to know why Bor was acting like that so of course he wouldnt kill him. "Alone I cannot stop him without killing him... But perhaps with greater number he can be safely subdued". He wanted to stop him without killing him.

Buckshot said:
Put him down with one hit? Not that it really matters, but that's not true. Did he not hit Bor until the final attack? Whether he was hitting him to kill or not, he was hitting him throughout the fight and obviously using more power than normal to do it (Bor said how Thor was using the Odinforce as they fought and Thor mentioned how it was keeping him in the fight). Even if you only count when Thor "stopped holding back" - which time though? i would say that saying something like "this must end quickly...so end it i shall" (and failing to put him down with the following "one hit from his hammer" btw) would be evidence of Thor's seriousness, but we can go with later in the fight - he took him down on the second hit.
Fresh Prince said:
Thor also got a bunch of hits on him earlier which also weakened Bor."

I just read it again and he was taken down on the second and not the first hit. My bad.

Buckshot
said:
As for the Odinforce, I am underwhelmed. (I was underwhelmed by the entire fight actually, coulda been longer, more destructive, with more displays of power from both of them, but maybe that's just me.) Thor doesn't seem to use it for much else than bolstering his physical abilities.
I agree. I don't think Thor knows how to use the Odinforce to its full potential like his father.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lordraiden

Again, in regards to Thor and his inherited Odinpower/Thorforce, it does take time to earn feats and adapt! He's only had them for what, 12 issues of his lates run! Everything takes time characters to grow and become more potent/powerfull with their new found powers and showings! JMS's run has been awsome, but it also has been a slow burn building up to it's climax! He hasn't produced a stroy with Thor roaming around with the Thorforce annihlating things in his path.  Give him time, he'll shine :-)

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Scourge
lordraiden said:
"Again, in regards to Thor and his inherited Odinpower/Thorforce, it does take time to earn feats and adapt! He's only had them for what, 12 issues of his lates run! Everything takes time characters to grow and become more potent/powerfull with their new found powers and showings! JMS's run has been awsome, but it also has been a slow burn building up to it's climax! He hasn't produced a stroy with Thor roaming around with the Thorforce annihlating things in his path.  Give him time, he'll shine :-)"
13 :)

I dont think Thor will be able to use his Odinforce the same way his father did and really master it. But I hope he will.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lordraiden
Fresh Prince said:
"lordraiden said:
"Again, in regards to Thor and his inherited Odinpower/Thorforce, it does take time to earn feats and adapt! He's only had them for what, 12 issues of his lates run! Everything takes time characters to grow and become more potent/powerfull with their new found powers and showings! JMS's run has been awsome, but it also has been a slow burn building up to it's climax! He hasn't produced a stroy with Thor roaming around with the Thorforce annihlating things in his path.  Give him time, he'll shine :-)"
13 :)

I dont think Thor will be able to use his Odinforce the same way his father did and really master it. But I hope he will.
"

No, he won't, he'll learn to use them in his own way's, as he's very different to his father and I believe he will master the force/power in his own way! Again, an intelligent writer (like JMS, but different) and time will build his character and strength in proportion :-)
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Scourge
We'll just have to wait and see what happens. What power was it that Bor used in his fight with Thor? Was it something like the Odinforce?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AtPhantom
Fresh Prince said:
"We'll just have to wait and see what happens. What power was it that Bor used in his fight with Thor? Was it something like the Odinforce?
"
BorForce? Nah, that sounds stupid...
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Scourge
It says on Bors page that his power>Odinforce. If that's so then how was Thor able to beat him?
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lordraiden
Fresh Prince said:
"It says on Bors page that his power>Odinforce. If that's so then how was Thor able to beat him?
"

Yeah, I wouldn't really take that to heart! Odin had to go through alot to gain the power he recieved, ie the Odinforce!