Avatar image for great_evil_beast
Great Evil Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Great Evil Beast

Character morals apply. They start 20 feet apart  in the China Town in Queens. 

Who wins? (win by KO, incapacitation, or death)

Wolverine
Wolverine
Shocker
Shocker
Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By The Average Bear
Wolverine. His reflexes should allow him to dodge Shockers attacks.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite
@The Average Bear said:
" Wolverine. His reflexes should allow him to dodge Shockers attacks. "
I didn't know his reflexes were better than Spider-man's(who Shocker has consistently been able to tag)
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Average Bear
@Decoy Elite said:
" @The Average Bear said:
I didn't know his reflexes were better than Spider-man's(who Shocker has consistently been able to tag) "
They aren't But 20 feet apart, IMO, isn't far enough for Shocker to get a good range of attack. Wolverine has dodged similar-ish attacks at point-blank range. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Decoy Elite
@The Average Bear said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
I didn't know his reflexes were better than Spider-man's(who Shocker has consistently been able to tag) "
They aren't But 20 feet apart, IMO, isn't far enough for Shocker to get a good range of attack. Wolverine has dodged similar-ish attacks at point-blank range.  "
Good point, I'm not sure if Shocker has the reaction time to keep from being blitzed and Wolverine's claws do give him a bit of an advantage over Shocker's suit(which usually keeps people from blitzing him)
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Average Bear
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
They aren't But 20 feet apart, IMO, isn't far enough for Shocker to get a good range of attack. Wolverine has dodged similar-ish attacks at point-blank range.  "
Good point, I'm not sure if Shocker has the reaction time to keep from being blitzed and Wolverine's claws do give him a bit of an advantage over Shocker's suit(which usually keeps people from blitzing him) "
I don't think he does have the reaction speed. I could be wrong and/or confusing 616 with 1610 Shocker in some areas. Nonetheless, I think Wolverine will get the win here.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite
@The Average Bear: I think he could win as well, although I just realized this is bone claw Wolverine and I don't know how sharp his bone claws are....
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Average Bear
@Decoy Elite said:
" @The Average Bear: I think he could win as well, although I just realized this is bone claw Wolverine and I don't know how sharp his bone claws are.... "
Sharp enough to cut through stone and some metals, if I'm correct. They're denser than normal bone.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite
@The Average Bear: You think it would be able to penetrate Shocker's suit?
--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By --Anubis--

of course not!
Shocker gets the win here

The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Average Bear
@Decoy Elite said:
" @The Average Bear: You think it would be able to penetrate Shocker's suit? "
I was pondering the same thing. Shockers suit protects him from his blasts and attacks from Spider-Man. So basically blunt force. I'm not sure what it does against sharp objects. I, myself, think Wolverines claws could penetrate it.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Decoy Elite
@The Average Bear: I'd say this comes down to two scenarios 1. Wolverine can penetrate the suit = Wolverine wins, 2. He can't = Shocker wins. The first scenario is more likely.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Matezoide2

i thought Shocker`s suit could take bullets?

The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Average Bear
@Decoy Elite said:
" @The Average Bear: I'd say this comes down to two scenarios 1. Wolverine can penetrate the suit = Wolverine wins, 2. He can't = Shocker wins. The first scenario is more likely. "
Well there's one thing you seem to have left out: Shockers eyes. They are not very protected. 

Another scenario- Shockers blasts overwhelm Wolverines enhanced hearing, thus incapacitating and possibly killing him. Now that I think about it, that seems very likely.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Decoy Elite
@The Average Bear said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @The Average Bear: I'd say this comes down to two scenarios 1. Wolverine can penetrate the suit = Wolverine wins, 2. He can't = Shocker wins. The first scenario is more likely. "
Well there's one thing you seem to have left out: Shockers eyes. They are not very protected. 

Another scenario- Shockers blasts overwhelm Wolverines enhanced hearing, thus incapacitating and possibly killing him. Now that I think about it, that seems very likely. "
Would that work?
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Average Bear
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Decoy Elite said:

Another scenario- Shockers blasts overwhelm Wolverines enhanced hearing, thus incapacitating and possibly killing him. Now that I think about it, that seems very likely. "
Would that work? "
It certainly seems plausible. Wolverine was almost killed by one of the Hulks sonic claps because of this.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Decoy Elite
@The Average Bear: Then I'd say Shocker wins this one.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@The Average Bear said:
" @Decoy Elite said:

Shocker's body doesn't really have a weakness.  The vibrational field is generated around him.  Funny fact: The latest ASM gave people the impression that if his vibro gauntlets are destroyed, he can't fire.  He actually modified his armor awhile ago and can fire without the units on his hands.

@The Average Bear
said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @The Average Bear: You think it would be able to penetrate Shocker's suit? "
I was pondering the same thing. Shockers suit protects him from his blasts and attacks from Spider-Man. So basically blunt force. I'm not sure what it does against sharp objects. I, myself, think Wolverines claws could penetrate it. "

His vibranation field was powerful enough to deflect a sniper rifle bullet to the back. However, Shocker fled and was questioning if he could withstand a second shot. 

A_Nonny_Moose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By A_Nonny_Moose

I think Shocker would beat even a regular Wolverine by KO. He should be able to kill bone-claw with his blasts unless we are to believe now that Wolverine is faster than Spider-man?

Tahunuva123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tahunuva123

Shocker would stomp. Even at 20 feet away wolverine would not be fast enough to reach before shocker blastes him into oblivion. If spiderman gets hit by shockers blasts then he can clip wolverine. Even if wolverine has dodged stuff that close in the past shocker's blasts are alot different then bullets because the have an AOE ( are of effect ) there for sake of argument wolverine dodges the centre of the blasts the AOE will trip him up causing him to be vulnerable to the fullness of the blasts. It will also only take a couple blasts to KO him incapacitate him since he has no adamantium.

nomed666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nomed666

im convinced, win for shocker

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeanroygrant

Shocker maybe

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By They Killed Cap!

@Decoy Elite:

I think him being bones claws gives wolvi better reflexes

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By ReVamp

I can see Shocker taking it, actually.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Decoy Elite

@They Killed Cap! said:

@Decoy Elite:

IIRC it gives him a speed boost(due to not weighing as much)

However the boost is not such that he is above Spider-Man, a person that as I mentioned Shocker can consistently tag.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By emperorznb

@Decoy Elite said:

@They Killed Cap! said:

@Decoy Elite:

IIRC it gives him a speed boost(due to not weighing as much)

However the boost is not such that he is above Spider-Man, a person that as I mentioned Shocker can consistently tag.

I believe he can be as fast as Daken without the adamantium...

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Decoy Elite

@emperorznb: Who is still not as fast as Spider-Man.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By emperorznb

@Decoy Elite said:

@emperorznb: Who is still not as fast as Spider-Man.

Of course he isn't ^^

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

Wolverine would win the majority. Yes shocker has tagged spider-man and yes its an impressive feat but spider-man has also dodged shocker a lot. In the scenario wolverine does get tagged his healing factor will help him recover fast enough get up and try again. Just because wolverine isn't spider-man doesn't mean its impossible for him to get a hit in on shocker. He can close the gap assuming he uses his skills. Oh and wolverines claws would probably get by shockers suit i think.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Decoy Elite

@jashro44: The point of Shocker being able to tag Spider-Man is that it means he's going to be able to hit Wolverine, which will blast Wolverine back and then continue to hit him with blasts until a KO is achieved. It would a long, long fight but there's no reason for Shocker to tire out or for his aim to suddenly suck(also keep in mind the radius of his blasts, which helps make up for fighting fast foes).

As for Wolverine cutting his suit, it's debatable to do Shocker vibrating his suit in order to block hits potentially blocking slashing attacks as well( it had allowed for him to stop a sniper bullet, but one could argue that cutting damage is different enough for that to be moot)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44
@Decoy Elite said:

@jashro44: The point of Shocker being able to tag Spider-Man is that it means he's going to be able to hit Wolverine, which will blast Wolverine back and then continue to hit him with blasts until a KO is achieved. It would a long, long fight but there's no reason for Shocker to tire out or for his aim to suddenly suck(also keep in mind the radius of his blasts, which helps make up for fighting fast foes).

As for Wolverine cutting his suit, it's debatable to do Shocker vibrating his suit in order to block hits potentially blocking slashing attacks as well( it had allowed for him to stop a sniper bullet, but one could argue that cutting damage is different enough for that to be moot)

I understand, I just feel as if people are putting to much faith in shockers ability to tag spider-man. I know it could be a long fight yes, but wolverine should be able to dodge (assuming he uses his skill).  He would most likely would get tagged but his healing factor will allow him to recover from a blast if he does. He may not be as fast and not near as agile as spider-man, but I think his speed feats are still good enough to dodge shockers blast.

I think it can cut the suit. Bone claws have cut steel before.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Decoy Elite

@jashro44: I think he could dodge some of Shocker's blasts but not all of them, which is the problem. One blast leads to being blown back, which leads to being blasted again, etc. Shocker can stun loop here is what I'm saying.

Possible, but the suit acts very different from steel.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jashro44
@Decoy Elite said:

@jashro44: I think he could dodge some of Shocker's blasts but not all of them, which is the problem. One blast leads to being blown back, which leads to being blasted again, etc. Shocker can stun loop here is what I'm saying.

Wolverine will have faster recovery time due to the healing factor. Also all though 1 blast would send him flying back to land a fetal 2nd blast shocker will need to charge those blasts.

True but I don't believe his suit has stopped slashing damage before.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Decoy Elite

@jashro44 said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Wolverine will have faster recovery time due to the healing factor. Also all though 1 blast would send him flying back to land a fetal 2nd blast shocker will need to charge those blasts. True but I don't believe his suit has stopped slashing damage before.

He has to charge? Since when?

I'm arguing under the assumption that Wolverine doesn't get to Shocker so I'm fine with that. IIRC it hasn't really gone up against cutting damage.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jashro44
@Decoy Elite said:

@jashro44 said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Wolverine will have faster recovery time due to the healing factor. Also all though 1 blast would send him flying back to land a fetal 2nd blast shocker will need to charge those blasts. True but I don't believe his suit has stopped slashing damage before.

He has to charge? Since when?

I'm arguing under the assumption that Wolverine doesn't get to Shocker so I'm fine with that. IIRC it hasn't really gone up against cutting damage.

I believe thats how shocker changes the power of his blasts (I could be wrong). Those blasts are capable of knocking someone off there feet to vibrating there bones to jelly. I recall spider-man throwing cooking oil on the ground and shocker unleashed a powerful blast where he was sent flying back because of the recoil. Spider-man said "he's building up energy for one super zap!" in that encounter so I always just assumed shocker had to charge his blasts for 1 of his more powerful blasts.

True.
kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kajitatsu

Have they met before? If Shocker knows about Wolverine's HF he should win because once he tags Logan he'll keep pummeling him down till he's KO'd. If Shocker doesn't know about it Logan will get back up and gut Shocker.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BringnIt

Going with Logan.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Decoy Elite

@jashro44: IIRC he has setting for his blasts, not charges.