you really think so?

Showa Godzilla has some pretty good durability feats

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Godzilla, he was pretty much in that series able to take on anything, developed new powers on a whim, pretty much becoming a superhero who just couldn't fail.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@betatesthighlander1:

Irrelevant. Bomb Queen can't lose. She's basically X-rated Squirrel Girl.

@wolfrazer:

Bomb Queen cannot fail. She's incapable of failure.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1:

Irrelevant. Bomb Queen can't lose. She's basically X-rated Squirrel Girl.

@wolfrazer:

Bomb Queen cannot fail. She's incapable of failure.

examples of her great ability to win any battle?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

She has a plan that had been set in place for hundreds of years, involved time loops and suicide, and having her consciousness remotely uploaded into a personal network and then put into a new body, which led to her ruling the entire world.

For starters.

@ravager4 could actually go into greater detail.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1:

She has a plan that had been set in place for hundreds of years, involved time loops and suicide, and having her consciousness remotely uploaded into a personal network and then put into a new body, which led to her ruling the entire world.

For starters.

@ravager4 could actually go into greater detail.

do you think @ravager4 is coming?

could you give examples?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

Dunno. *shrug*

And that was an example. I actually only read the first mini but she succeeded at absolutely everything without challenge or pause, including highly powerful superheroes. Also it is hard to post scans because they are mostly R-rated.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Then its a stalemate cause neither of them is gonna lose.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1:

Dunno. *shrug*

And that was an example. I actually only read the first mini but she succeeded at absolutely everything without challenge or pause, including highly powerful superheroes. Also it is hard to post scans because they are mostly R-rated.

yes, that is difficult (like, she was taking on Superman level guys?)

could you link to any?

or is there anyway you could cover the nudity?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1:

Dunno. *shrug*

could you link to any?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1:

Dunno. *shrug*

could you link to any?

No real desire to dig back through them, and I also didn't read enough to give good examples. But basically think Dr. Doom + Squirrel Girl = Bomb Queen.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By rav4

It's been way too long since I've read Bomb Queen, nor do I have any desire to back through it again (it's good for one thing only, but even the boobs can't make up for how mindnumbingly horrible the story is), but I will back Joy on this. If Squirrel Girl became a sex-crazed stripper with a sailor's mouth, you'd have Bomb Queen. She is quite literally incapable of losing. If not by force, then by prep planning she pulls out of her ass yet somehow had already thought of well in advance. If Godzilla somehow vaporized her with its radioactive breath or whatever, Bomb Queen would probably come back in another body only to reveal it was all part of her plan or something... If Squirrel Girl and Bomb Queen were to fight to the death, the universe would probably implode.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1:

Dunno. *shrug*

could you link to any?

No real desire to dig back through them, and I also didn't read enough to give good examples. But basically think Dr. Doom + Squirrel Girl = Bomb Queen.

cool, thanks for the contribution

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4 said:

(it's good for only one thing only, but even the boobs can't make up for how mindnumbingly horrible the story is)

New 52 Powergirl in a nutshell, hell she's like the superpower idiot in World Finest.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4 said:

(it's good for only one thing only, but even the boobs can't make up for how mindnumbingly horrible the story is)

New 52 Powergirl in a nutshell, hell she's like the superpower idiot in World Finest.

The only difference is that for NuPG it applies to not just the story, but to the character, her personality, her motivations, appearance... well, everything about her, really.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4 said:

It's been way too long since I've read Bomb Queen, nor do I have any desire to back through it again (it's good for one thing only, but even the boobs can't make up for how mindnumbingly horrible the story is), but I will back Joy on this. If Squirrel Girl became a sex-crazed stripper with a sailor's mouth, you'd have Bomb Queen. She is quite literally incapable of losing. If not by force, then by prep planning she pulls out of her ass yet somehow had already thought of well in advance. If Godzilla somehow vaporized her with its radioactive breath or whatever, Bomb Queen would probably come back in another body only to reveal it was all part of her plan or something... If Squirrel Girl and Bomb Queen were to fight to the death, the universe would probably implode.

is the story really that bad?

would you say that Bomb Queen isn't worth reading?

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rav4

@ravager4 said:

is the story really that bad?

would you say that Bomb Queen isn't worth reading?

Well... it depends, I suppose. The story itself isn't necessarily bad, it's more of a flavor that was just extremely bitter for me. For one BQ is a villain. She kills, manipulates, tortures, etc., all for fun. Which wouldn't be bad if she were actually likable while doing it, but I found her to absolutely grating. Furthermore she is never challenged in anything she does (except maybe once in the third volume, but even that didn't last very long), and always wins. Even when it looks like things are finally not going her way and she might actually lose or have to actually try, it's revealed to all be part of her plan and she wins perfectly. Every. Damn. Time. It got to the point where I was rooting for the characters opposing her (the heroes of that world, basically), but of course they never win, because BQ is perfect and can't lose. She never grows as a character, never really learns any lessons, or changes, anything like that.

But... if you can put up with all of that and want to get into it purely for the boobs... well, that's the one area where it excels, so more power to you.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4 said:

Well... it depends, I suppose. The story itself isn't necessarily bad, it's more of a flavor that was just extremely bitter for me. For one BQ is a villain. She kills, manipulates, tortures, etc., all for fun. Which wouldn't be bad if she were actually likable while doing it, but I found her to absolutely grating. Furthermore she is never challenged in anything she does (except maybe once in the third volume, but even that didn't last very long), and always wins. Even when it looks like things are finally not going her way and she might actually lose or have to actually try, it's revealed to all be part of her plan and she wins perfectly. Every. Damn. Time. It got to the point where I was rooting for the characters opposing her (the heroes of that world, basically), but of course they never win, because BQ is perfect and can't lose. She never grows as a character, never really learns any lessons, or changes, anything like that.

But... if you can put up with all of that and want to get into it purely for the boobs... well, that's the one area where it excels, so more power to you.

well, since I'm posting here, you can presume I have internet access (boobs are never far away)

and that does sound like the exact kind of character I'd hate

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4 said:

well, since I'm posting here, you can presume I have internet access (boobs are never far away)

If it sounds like you'd hate her from that, then definitely pass it up. It's at least 10 times worse in the actual book than my half-baked descriptions.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4 said:

@ravager4 said:

If it sounds like you'd hate her from that, then definitely pass it up. It's at least 10 times worse in the actual book than my half-baked descriptions.

good to know

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: This is the kind of thing you'd be in for:

No Caption Provided

Bomb Queen crushing little girls having a picnic without a care in the world.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4 said:

@betatesthighlander1: This is the kind of thing you'd be in for:

No Caption Provided

Bomb Queen crushing little girls having a picnic without a care in the world.

I can watch movies like Brain Dead nad can enjoy stuff like Fist of the North Star or Riki-Oh, but that's a litlte to messed up for me