Avatar image for armlesstigerman
ArmlessTigerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ArmlessTigerMan

@arcus: Yeah, but little hits turn into big hits and big hits turn into critical hits, and someone ends up dying, but yeah you are right and i withdraw my previous statement. For the first fight either of them could win, it just depends on who gets mad faster and who will be willing to take the other one out first.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the first two fights, Bolin stomps, his lavabending would destroy katara with or without her having basic knowledge of it, he can just turn the ground beneath her feet to lava and she would be immobilised and burning to death. An ice shield would not work because the ice would almost instantaneously melt and evaporate, you cannot put out lava with water, lava still burns on the sea bed for a while.

I reckon Bolin might be able to win round three also...

Think about it, they may be next to a whole sea of water, but it would take longer for and would be a lot harder for Katara to bend a whole lot of water than for Bolin to pummel her with rocks from the beach, as it is a rock beach. For Katara to move a large mass of water to quickly take out Bolin would require a fair amount of effort and a few seconds.

Loading Video...

00:44

Katara runs and flings a near lake sized amount of water in projectile form up a mountain sized incline at Combustion man and does so fairly quickly. Bolin's lava isn't instantly evaporating that amount of water because it isn't concussive as a combustion blasts.

Loading Video...

3:40 The amount of force she can apply to water (lifts up a fairly heavy boat like paperweight) can be done so nigh instantly as seen with that arm movement. She literally tosses the boat as if it weighs nothing into a mass of earth that is at a considerable distance and literally destroys it.

Loading Video...

1:52 Considering the fight takes place in the South Pole, Katara will most likely not stand on any earth that Bolin can lava bend and she will have several ice caps and Ice covered earth to take advantage of. With that being said, even if she isn't sin direct contact with the water (which she usually isn't, but in this case she very well could be) she can shift immense amounts of water with powerful concussive force that would certainly crush or at least KO Bolin, if it doesn't drown him, and if it makes contact. Even in this video, she flooded the entire area with mist and blinded the enemy ship. Due to her being able to control water in all forms and on much more massive scales that Bolin has, with a near infinite supply of water in the South Pole, I definitely don't see him winning, but I will respect your decision. This wasn't really to persuade you that she will win, just to show you that Katara is definitely capable.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armlesstigerman: Also, I believe you are referring to magma taking a while to cool even when it is submerged. This is usually only because there is a volcano already submerged underwater and the magma is rising from below the sea bed, that is different from lava being created from the curst of the earth on land and encountering a mass amount of water. Bolin's lava is hot and powerful, but comparing it to the actual magma caused by volcanic activity on a sea bed is probably not very accurate. Those are two completely different locations and circumstances. I love the way you think though.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: to be fair, we've never really seen bent lava cooled by anyone other than a lava bender

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The recent episode made me see bolin in a new light. He improved heavily, with time he may be as good as ghazan who engulfed an entire temple with his lava bending. Bolin wrecks katara, heck he may even do it without lava bending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The recent episode made me see bolin in a new light. He improved heavily, with time he may be as good as ghazan who engulfed an entire temple with his lava bending. Bolin wrecks katara, heck he may even do it without lava bending.

He has improved a lot, though I think Katara would take a fairly solid majority if he was limited to just earthbending

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: This is true, however there has been only two main Lava Benders in the entire series though so we can't help the limited circumstances. What we do know is that the lava from the volcano Avatar Roku had taken on was diminished as it hit the ocean. Also, I doubt if lava created and manipulated by an earth bender is any different in its physical properties and functions that normal occurring lava. There is little reason to believe that it would now simply negate the cooling effects of a massive amount of water just because a bender created it. It is still just molten earth after all.

It would be like saying because Katara bends water out of the air, that particular water shouldn't conduct naturally occurring electricity, or because Azula bends blue flames, those particular flames shouldn't be neutralized by naturally occurring water. From what we have seen, the elements in any case are still just the elements, keeping the same functions and reactions of its naturally occurring counterpart, and relations with the opposite element. If we become that technical, we can argue all sorts of bending possibilities that would go on forever lol. It is logically acceptable to think that water will cool lava.

Avatar image for armlesstigerman
ArmlessTigerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Amen. I haven't watched The Last Airbender in a while and i suppose i had forgotten some things about Katara. Good post, persuasive arguement, fair douze brother, faire douze.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armlesstigerman: Haha it's ok man. A lot of us have forgotten things from the original series. I appreciate your compliments.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu:

The only possible difference is that bent lava is being actively heated by the bender, other than that fair points

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@rijehu:

The only possible difference is that bent lava is being actively heated by the bender, other than that fair points

True. To be honest, you would think lava bending would be just as frequent as a water bender turning water into ice and vapors. It is still just technically altering the phase of the element. But I suppose it takes a LOT more energy altering to change earth to lava than ice to water or vapor.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rijehu
MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@arcus said:

@rijehu:

True. To be honest, you would think lava bending would be just as frequent as a water bender turning water into ice and vapors. It is still just technically altering the phase of the element. But I suppose it takes a LOT more energy altering to change earth to lava than ice to water or vapor.

I think it's implied in the series that, due to its rarity, lavabending can only be learned by an earthbender who had both fire and earthbending parents.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Arcus1

@mrunsmiley: that would make sense, considering lava bending was originally only possible for the avatar as a combination of earth and fire bending

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Hasn't been outright stated, so it's anyone's guess.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: I see. I know this wasn't implied, but I also felt that P'Li was responsible for the death of Mako and Bolin's parents.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@mrunsmiley: I see. I know this wasn't implied, but I also felt that P'Li was responsible for the death of Mako and Bolin's parents.

That...has no real grounding in fact, but to each his own.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: I know, but I remember how Mako mentioned that their parents were killed by a Firebender and then when P'Li was introduced and after seeing how deadly she was, I figured she was locked away for 13 years for some serious crimes other than a revolution attempt. She just seems to be an easy target I guess lol.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: her crime was attempting to kidnap the Avatar

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Thats why I put "other than the revolution attempt" cause I knew of that one. I ale remember her mentioning her previous affiliate wanted her to be used as nothing more than a weapon. I just though it was possible that she could have been a killer for hire as well.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@mrunsmiley: I know, but I remember how Mako mentioned that their parents were killed by a Firebender and then when P'Li was introduced and after seeing how deadly she was, I figured she was locked away for 13 years for some serious crimes other than a revolution attempt. She just seems to be an easy target I guess lol.

She was imprisoned for trying to kidnap the Avatar. If she was imprisoned for murder, she wouldn't be in such a specialized jail cell.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: I mentioned that in the comment above but I get what you are saying. I remember she referenced being used as a weapon at one point.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Arcus1

Bump, any other thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@rijehu said:

Bolin for Round 1 because I don't see Katara killing but I see Bolin roasting her to death if he has to.

Round 2: Katara because her application of water in all forms is beyond what Bolin has done with lava and Katara has feats with water in thin air, no to mention how deadly she is when she is pissed or pushed to kill.

Round 3: Katara drowns Bolin or crushes him with water pressure...in fact if she gets to the ocean, he isn't touching her.

Sums this battle up.

Signed,

L. D.

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm.. Book 4 Bolin has shown some damn impressive feats thus far. Round 1 and 2 most likely go to Bolin, 3 goes to Katara. Only reason being that Katara has the ocean at her disposal which pretty much negates the effects of the lava Bolin will throw at her. Furthermore, Katara has shown a feat where she almost a capsized a boat with a huge wave. Other then that I'd have to say Bolin in a stomp. He's faced way more agiled, and imo way more skilled, opponents and held his own to some degree (Unalaq and Ghazan). Bolin has gone from mediocre to pretty damn good bender folks.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with Katara for all rounds. Morals off means she will bloodbend.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jmarshmallow said:

@z___ said:

@rijehu said:

Bolin for Round 1 because I don't see Katara killing but I see Bolin roasting her to death if he has to.

Round 2: Katara because her application of water in all forms is beyond what Bolin has done with lava and Katara has feats with water in thin air, no to mention how deadly she is when she is pissed or pushed to kill.

Round 3: Katara drowns Bolin or crushes him with water pressure...in fact if she gets to the ocean, he isn't touching her.

Sums this battle up.

Signed,

L. D.

Co-signed by me.

Sophie

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Round 1 Katara

Round 2 Bolin

Round 3 could go either way, though I think Katara has better chances of winning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Arcus1
Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd say Bolin, possibly all rounds

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he's mentioned how older classic proper styles tend to lose to quicker modern boxing style techniques, and morals off, throwing a wave of lava against a wave of water, the lava is winning

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: the classical styles were ineffective in probending, doesn't mean they're less effective in actual combat

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DeathHero61

round 3 katara god stomps.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Mrnoital

@arcus: I was talking about the actual speed

they seemed to be a bit faster

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@arcus: I was talking about the actual speed

they seemed to be a bit faster

sometimes they were, true

round 3 katara god stomps.

Any reasons? What about the other rounds?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Mrnoital

@arcus: one of the biggest examples that LoK characters seem to bend faster was done by Mako though, he can make lightning way faster than anyone in the original series, and in many ways Bolin and Mako are pretty even, at least imo

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#93  Edited By patrat18

Bolin

Blood bending

Blood bending

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: she can only blood bend on a full moon

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18:

Any reasons?

There's no full moon so no bloodbending

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By patrat18
DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Bolin. Katara wrecks round 3 because lava bending can be made irrelevant with the amount of water katara will have access to.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: who do you think wins without bloodbending?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Katara. I doubt Bolin would kill her with morals.

Bolin because Katara has no answer for Lava.

Katara. Endless amounts of water should overwhelm Bolin.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: with a starting distance of 25 feet, I don't think she'll be able to put out his amounts of lava, even with the ocean

Loading Video...

0:45, 1:15, and 2:18