Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Firec
No Caption Provided

Who would win?

The scenario: Boba Fett is taking a bounty from the covenant to kill MC, upon arriving the SLAVE I shuts down.

Master Chief has just finished that whole ordeal in halo 4 and cortana is gone. his armor is on critical (to fair the fight) and he has a low on ammo shot gun and a plasma pistol.

No Caption Provided

Boba has his blaster, a pistol and two thermal dets, also a lightsaber (blue of course!)

MC has a shotgun a plasma pistol and two Frag Grenades, also an energy sword.

both have working jetpacks.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Inphase

Halo 4 chief with no cortana, barely any ammo for a shotgun, and a plasma pistol. Fett stomp.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

Fett fully deck out would stomp a fair condition MC.

Fett stomps.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By McHotcakes

Chief Stomps, he doesn't even need weapons to take on Boba Fett. Fett is just plain out over rated.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlteredBeast

Master Chief would make Bobba Fett hold the camera while he slam dunks his girlfriend. Bobba Fett would be honored.

Jedi Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jedi Wolverine

@McHotcakes said:

Chief Stomps, he doesn't even need weapons to take on Boba Fett. Fett is just plain out over rated.

If i could address the Fett is overrated statement.

Could he take on Superman or Thor? No.

The reason Fett is rated as highly as he is is due to his standing as the greatest bounty hunter in the StarWars universe.

He is a prep genius and had contingency plans upon contingency plans - sure perhaps not up to Doom's abilities and feats but theres a reason he pretty much commands his own price for getting jobs done.

Fett has willpower and a drive that very few have and a willingness to survive that many others would not have - detonating a thermal detonator inside a 'sarlaac' despite knowing the inherent dangers involved!

Now to the battle - MC and Fett both have excellent combat skills and strategies but where MC comes out on top is speed. Perhaps Fett has better manoeuvrability due to jet pack but that wont slow down MC to that great of an extent.

Durability goes to MC also - Sure Fetts armor is top-notch but if MC manages to close the distance and engage in hand to hand then his strength and speed would overwhelm Fett.

I'm leaning towards the MC here perhaps 7/10

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McHotcakes

@Jedi Wolverine said:

@McHotcakes said:

The reason Fett is rated as highly as he is is due to his standing as the greatest bounty hunter in the StarWars universe.

He is a prep genius and had contingency plans upon contingency plans - sure perhaps not up to Doom's abilities and feats but theres a reason he pretty much commands his own price for getting jobs done.

Fett has willpower and a drive that very few have and a willingness to survive that many others would not have - detonating a thermal detonator inside a 'sarlaac' despite knowing the inherent dangers involved!

Now to the battle - MC and Fett both have excellent combat skills and strategies but where MC comes out on top is speed. Perhaps Fett has better manoeuvrability due to jet pack but that wont slow down MC to that great of an extent.

Durability goes to MC also - Sure Fetts armor is top-notch but if MC manages to close the distance and engage in hand to hand then his strength and speed would overwhelm Fett.

I said he was over rated because all he manages to do in three movies is get knocked into a pit by a blind guy. Fans love to quote how cool he is in the expanded universe, which is basically licensed fan fiction, but that just doesn't cut it for me. As far as I, and Star Wars creator George Lucas, are concerned the movies are the true canon. And Fett does nothing in them and then dies pretty unceremoniously. I don't know why he has become so popular honestly.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Theorder14

Master Chief, he's able to fight Samus and could even defeat her if he wanted to....... just kidding, non-cannon :P

Jedi Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jedi Wolverine

@McHotcakes said:

@Jedi Wolverine said:

@McHotcakes said:

I said he was over rated because all he manages to do in three movies is get knocked into a pit by a blind guy. Fans love to quote how cool he is in the expanded universe, which is basically licensed fan fiction, but that just doesn't cut it for me. As far as I, and Star Wars creator George Lucas, are concerned the movies are the true canon. And Fett does nothing in them and then dies pretty unceremoniously. I don't know why he has become so popular honestly.

Well, here's the thing - i believe we use the EU in all battles unless specifically stated to be book/film versions etc.

Ironically i was using the books not only in reference to Fett but to MC too. In the books MC's augumented strength and speed feats are strong - this guy can react,run and strike really impressively!

We don't know if Fett gets killed in ROTJ (the books are enlightening) but compared to the EU Fett in the movies isn't that great feat wise i concur.

Fett being popular from the movies - he's nonchalant, stands up to Vader, has a badass ship, armor and weapons that are a joy to see etc

I dont know why 'Reservoir Dogs' is regarded as one of the best movies ever myself! Somethings are just what they are - baffling i know! ;D

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Fett could win against Master Chief without MC being weakened first.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ShootingNova

LOL @ the EU being "barely licensed". There shouldn't be a need to assess matters one doesn't even know about.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McHotcakes

@Jedi Wolverine: I guess my issue isn't so much that he is popular, but that fans see him as a super badass, even though he was never meant to be anything more than a henchman in the movies. His role was basically just a stormtrooper who could fly. Sure he looked cool but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't do much other than die. And I still hold that he was meant to die in the movies, the EU may say other wise, but I'm sure you were to ask Lucas he'd tell you that Boba was never meant to leave the pit.

Also the main difference between the Halo novels and the Star Wars novels was that the Halo ones are officially canon. The Fall of Reach and Halo 1 feel like one big connected story. Meanwhile the Star Wars ones range from semi-canon to not even close to canon.

I've never read the ROTJ books so I'm not sure where they fit in, but I know that screen canon trumps written canon so to me the real Boba Fett is still the guy who got bumped off by Han Solo.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail the thread so I'll just leave off by saying that Chief still easily takes out Fett.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McHotcakes

@ShootingNova said:

LOL @ the EU being "barely licensed". There shouldn't be a need to assess matters one doesn't even know about.

I never said it was "barley licensed." I said it was "basically licensed fan fiction." Basically the EU is considered canon until it is contradicted by a "more canon" source. In the case of Star Wars the Movies are considered the official canon and so anytime something in the movies contradict with something in the novels of comics the movies' canon instantly take president. Sort of like how several novels that were treated as the "official" prequels to the original trilogy were considered null and void because of the story of the New movie trilogy.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KingOfAsh

Master Chief. Boba Fett just hung around in armour before getting knocked into the Sarlacc as a joke. Master Chief has shown better feats in his main series than Boba Fett has.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@McHotcakes: No, it's not. Again, please refrain from assessing matters you're not assessing correctly in the first place. The EU has been admitted and accepted by Lucas, so while the terms "G-Canon" and "T-Canon" override "C-Canon", they're all pretty much canon, and of course supersede S-Canon and N-Canon, but that's irrelevant. The EU is not fan-fiction; it is not written by pure fans. Lucas has edited and approved of the RotS novelization, for example. While it is generally considered part of the EU, it is also G-Canon. Unless you're going to say Lucas's works are fan-fiction, there's really no need to beat on the EU.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McHotcakes

@ShootingNova: When I say it is fan fiction I don't literally mean that the fans have written it themselves. I know Lucas does approve of people writing in the EU and they are professional writers. I suppose a more appropriate term is place holder canon. Meaning that it is considered canon until Lucas decides otherwise, and as long as it doesn't contradict the movies. The reason I don't really approve of Boba Fett in the EU is just that he doesn't really seem to be the same guy from the movies. In the films he really was just a glorified henchmen who fell into the sarlacc pit and was meant to die. Saying he survives and is actually a super BAMF capable of taking down everybody just feels fan fiction-ish to me. It's just a matter of if you are willing to believe that Fett was able to escape from the sarlacc. As for me, I fully believe that Lucas killed Boba Fett in ROTJ. I know he approves of EU but until we actually see Boba Fett alive in the new trilogy, I'm counting him as a dead lackey of Jabba the Hutt.

Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By ghostrider fan1

Master Chief beats the highest selling toy. Seriously he didnt do crap except fall into a pit.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@McHotcakes: Then I won't bother with your ignorance. Ignore the EU as much as you like, I'm not going to stop you. Fett took some time to escape the sarlacc, and there's things such as PIS, CIS, and WIS. Some of the stupidest things have occurred in comics, that does not stop the comic from being canon.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McHotcakes
No Caption Provided
Firec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Firec

Wow, this is a lot more responses than i expected, i enjoy the opions though. So thanks

Firec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Firec

@shooting nova, by cis do you mean the confederacy of intergalactic systems, or somthing else