• 58 results
#1 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting has begun!

The debate is over now so feel free to have a look over the arguments and vote for who you think did best in the debate.

This is a debate between myself and ImmortalOne feel free to comment but please refrain from contributing to the argument.

Boba Fett
Batman

One day of prep with no equipment but they do have their wealth and intelligence for the day to purchase new equipment (so no mandalorian armour for Fett). Their day of prep is spent in their own worlds before they are transported to an unfamiliar Earth city. Start 20 meters apart.

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait !

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Made it. Do you want to start or shall I?

#4 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Okay, I'll start off.

First off, Batman is fast enough to dodge bullets from a submachine gun, even while running towards the person firing.

And considering lasers move slower than baseballs in the Star Wars universe, he should be able to dodge all of Boba's shots.

From there, a flash freeze pellet, or some knockout bullet should be able to take out Boba.

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: Blasters aren't the only thing commonly found in Boba Fett's arsenal. His vast collection of weapons and proficiency in them give him an edge.

Although Boba Fett may not have these specific weapons, he is very versatile and was one of the most wealthy men in the universe for a time. He also has plenty of contacts, being a famous bounty hunter and Mandalore, who can aid him in acquiring any required equipment.

#6 Edited by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: But Batman can pretty much dodge all of them, with the exception of the laser, because I don't know how fast that is.

Besides, he's got just as good- if not even better- equipment.

A compound that turns solids into liquids-

An armor that duplicates Superman's powers.

A handheld laser that cuts through Amazo's legs (who has the absorbed powers of the Justice League. This means Superman or above level durability).

Batman's equipment is even stronger and versatile than Boba's, as referenced in these scans. And the fact that Batman can dodge most of Boba's arsenal, while I haven't seen Boba show any remarkable dodging skill yet, gives him an edge.

#7 Posted by Fetts (4081 posts) - - Show Bio
@guttridgeb: Kick his butt bro. Make me proud :) 

And considering lasers move slower than baseballs in the Star Wars universe, he should be able to dodge all of Boba's shots.

............ They're blaster bolts........... Not lasers......................... Jus sayin.
#8 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: Boba's jetpack skills are incredible. Before the events of Attack of the Clones when he was still very young, Boba was able to steal a tooth from this using only a jetpack, no other tools or equipment. My scanners broken and I can't find a scan of Boba holding the tooth afterwards but I assure you, it happened in this comic, I'll keep trying to find that scan.

He also managed to avoid being slaughtered by Vader in a fight, in most circumstances this would not have been possible admittedly but it is impressive regardless.

He was held in such high regard as a warrior that Jaina Solo went to him when she wanted to train in order to defeat her brother Caedus, one of the most powerful Sith in the history of Star Wars.

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: thanks, I'll try :)

#10 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is really nice! Can't wait for whats to come!

#11 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

@guttridgeb: Kick his butt bro. Make me proud :)

............ They're blaster bolts........... Not lasers......................... Jus sayin.

Yeah, I know. I always say laser though, force of habit.

@guttridgeb: Boba may have a jetpack, but as shown in the Superman armor scan, Batman can match Boba with faster flight, along with strength. It ripped Metallo apart easily, it should be able to KO Boba.

Boba only got the drop on Vader because of trickery, and wasn't it revealed the next page that Vader wasn't trying especially hard anyways? I'm not sure, it might have been another.

Batman's arsenal of weapons will be too much for Boba. The compound (shown in the earlier scan) can dissolve all of Boba's equipment and armor, a flash freeze pellet could take him down, an exploding batarang, etc.

#12 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: If Batman had more time and equipment at his disposal I have no doubt he could take Fett down with the Superman armour or the Insider suit. However he only has one day to start from scratch (almost). With that short amount of time, the chances of Batman being able to spend it obtaining equipment other than his standard is slim. Furthermore, the scan regarding the compound only mentions the wall, there isn't any evidence that it would work on any solid. Do you have any details on how flash freeze pellets work? Even if an exploding batarang did get anywhere near Fett, decent Star Wars shields are powerful enough to absorb most damage and Fett can easily afford the best their is.

An example of shield technology, IG-88's stopping a lightsaber.

In terms of the Fett VS Vader scan he did only manage that through trickery but it still shows cunning and skill, not just anyone could get past Vader's defenses. Vader does not say that he wasn't trying very hard. The next two pages:

Boba Fett also has the advantage of morals. He is willing to kill and at times quite ruthless whereas Batman will hold back, trying to only harm and knock out Fett. A lot of Batman's more powerful equipment may not be deemed safe enough to use on a relatively unknown target.

#13 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't Bobba Fett stomp Batman?

#14 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

This isn't about who we think wins its about who puts up a better argument.

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Isn't that what it comes down to though.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@jashro44 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No not really. Its about who convinced you more. You can think that boba fett would win but if immortalone brings a better argument then he wins. This isn't so much batman vs boba fett as it is guttridgeb vs Immortalone

#17 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has my vote. With prep Batman will always win.

If this was Insider Suit Batman then he would definitely win.

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@jashro44 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

No not really. Its about who convinced you more. You can think that boba fett would win but if immortalone brings a better argument then he wins. This isn't so much batman vs boba fett as it is guttridgeb vs Immortalone

True

#19 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Okay... I got a killer strategy.

Batman buys a giant magnet. He wins!

(I'm going to post a better argument later... I'm sort of busy, which is why I haven't been contributing to frequently. Unless, of course, you submit to my awesome strategy).

#20 Edited by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: I'm not sure whether I should answer that seriously or not, there are impracticalities associated with carrying a large magnet around.

@N0tS0An0nym0us: I refer you to the first sentence of the first post.

#22 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio
@guttridgeb: I guess the "spoiler warning" is just for lulz then? I read the first page, it is your choice to read the spoiler or not, either way it doesn't add or take away from the thread if let be, but what are "spoiler warnings" for anyway *rollseyes*

#23 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: He'll just latch it with some wheels and connect it with the Batmobile. Batman wins.

And honestly, an EMP was on my mind, I wasn't sure if it would work on Star Wars universe equipment, which was why I hadn't said anything.

#24 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us: Spoiler warnings are for spoilers (the clues in the name) not for ignoring rules laid down at the start of the thread.

#25 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: I think it might be an idea to disallow vehicles, otherwise Fett could be the best ship he could find and bombard Batman. EMPs in Star Wars rarely last any time at all, during the Clone Wars, clone troopers would use EMP grenades against droids. These EMPs would disable the clones weaponry and armour but only for a few seconds before the armour came back on line (according to Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, I'll try to find the actual quote). An EMP may temporarily give Batman the upper hand but not for long and if necessary Fett can put some ground between them using his jetpack in order to recover weapons use.

#26 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: So EMPs can work? Alright then. A long string of EMPs can shut down Boba's equipment long enough for Batman to get the upperhand take him out through knockout gas, or a flash freeze pellet.

#27 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: The first EMP would presumably disable the others. Knockout gas wouldn't work as most armours have a filtering system.

Again, Fett has the advantage of having no qualms about killing his enemies.

A recap of Fett's methods of killing.

• Flamethrower
  • Laser
  • Blasters, yes they are slow but Fett is an incredible shot and has trained his entire life unlike the people in your scan.
  • Explosives

Fett will have no problems with acquiring these items due to his position as Mandalore and his vast amount of contacts.

#28 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Batman's entire rogue's gallery is filled with people who have no qualms about killing their enemies.

Flamethrower- Too slow, Bats dodges it.

Laser- Not sure how fast it actually is, so I can't judge it.

Blasters- Too slow. And it doesn't really matter how long he's trained with it.

Deadshot tags speedsters

Explosives- Again, their too slow. Any explosive that Boba fires at Batman will be dodged and fly harmlessly behind him. If not, Batman's got this-

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121530/2629559-2493099_batech_scarbarmor5.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121530/2629562-2493100_batech_scarbarmor6.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/122437/2493101-batech-scarbarmor8.jpg

With all his resources, I'd say Batman could buy/build something like this. The thing shrugs off explosions like nothing.

But he's got other equipment, that can help him against Boba.

And here Batman buys an instant healer from Supergirl- http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Intellect-Resources/Resources/?action=view&current=supergirl9-sourcedoc1.jpg

An object which magnetizes armor-http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/batman3-batmagnet1.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/batman3-batmagnet2a.jpg

Batman won't need to bring a giant magnet, he'll turn Boba into a magnet, and send him crashing into a car, a train, etc.

#29 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

@guttridgeb: Batman's entire rogue's gallery is filled with people who have no qualms about killing their enemies.

Flamethrower- Too slow, Bats dodges it.

Laser- Not sure how fast it actually is, so I can't judge it.

Blasters- Too slow. And it doesn't really matter how long he's trained with it.

Deadshot tags speedsters

Isn't that scan proving that Boba Fett might be able to shoot Batman, a non-speedster even with the speed of blaster bolts taken into account.

Explosives- Again, their too slow. Any explosive that Boba fires at Batman will be dodged and fly harmlessly behind him. If not, Batman's got this-

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121530/2629559-2493099_batech_scarbarmor5.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121530/2629562-2493100_batech_scarbarmor6.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/122437/2493101-batech-scarbarmor8.jpg

With all his resources, I'd say Batman could buy/build something like this. The thing shrugs off explosions like nothing.

Fett could spread missiles and thermal detonators over an area giving Batman nowhere to go. I doubt Batman would be able to make that with only 1 day and no other equipment, he would be a bit busy getting his staple stuff together.

But he's got other equipment, that can help him against Boba.

And here Batman buys an instant healer from Supergirl- http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Intellect-Resources/Resources/?action=view&current=supergirl9-sourcedoc1.jpg

If Fett manages to kill Batman with explosives, these explosives will be easily powerful enough to destroy Batman beyond repair.

An object which magnetizes armor-http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/batman3-batmagnet1.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/batman3-batmagnet2a.jpg

Batman won't need to bring a giant magnet, he'll turn Boba into a magnet, and send him crashing into a car, a train, etc.

Again, with just one day of prep he isn't going to be able something as complex as that.

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: @guttridgeb: awesome arguments , both of you

#31 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: 1. For some reason it left the other picture out.

Batman disappears after Deadshot fires in close range

2. Again with the EMP strategy. Shutting down Boba's armor and weapons for a few seconds will be enough time for Batman do gain the advantage, and freeze him with a flash freeze pellet. Or he could use the magnetizing device and send the missiles off course.

3. I don't see why not. You can magnetize a paper clip with some wire, a screwdriver, and a battery. Sure, his is a bit more complex, but through his wealth and resources, he could buy or make something like that.

#32 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2622 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#33 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne

1. The only plausible reason for Batman surviving that is due to his bullet proof armour, blaster bolts are much more powerful and dangerous.

Han's reflexes took over and he opened fire on the closest one, the point-blank assault tearing the Wookiee's chest apart, laying it out flat on the floor where the thing flopped and coughed and tried to right itself. The one behind it went pinioning sideways and landed on its side, scrambling to get up while the third tripped over it. Han shot it in the face, snapping it backwards. Then he opened on the one that had been trampled, blasting it until he'd reduced it to a mangled heap of trembling fur.

Taken from Star Wars: Death Troopers. Its not the best blaster feat in existence but Death Troopers was the first book I found :)

2. What are the details on the freeze pellet? Do you have any scans of them in action?

3. A paper clip is very different to a full suit of armour with shields. I don't think Batman is going to be able to prepare such a powerful piece of equipment with only one day.

#34 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: 1. Except that wasn't a surviving bullets feat, that was a dodging feat. He completely disappeared after Deadshot fired, and probably dodged every single one. Anyways, I have other feats that show him dodging bullets if you want.

Stephanie Brown freezes Damian with the flash freeze batarangs- http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39861/1088451-btgrl04_009_copy_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39861/1088455-btgrl04_011_copy_super.jpg

Not the same, but a liquid nitrogen capsule- http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/baticecapsule1.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/baticecapsule2.jpg

3. Batman has tons of money. He could buy the equipment, and hire other people to build it for him if he can't build it in a day by himself.

#35 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne:

1. Do you have proof that it was purely a dodging feat and not an armour feat as well? Batman could have let his suit take the impacts and got away while he was being fired upon.

2. I was thinking more along the lines of how much ice is produced. The suit would protect Fett from the cold and if the ice is thin enough he could break free.

3. I'm not doubting Batman could do that in one day under normal circumstance, but with everything else he has to prepare, its unlikely he could do it. He has to get his armour, his standard equipment such as batarangs and preparing/buying these flash freeze pellets.

#36 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are you getting "blasters are as slow as baseballs"?

Boba stomps the overatted bat. He has the skill the smarts and the resources, I reckon boba could kill him in H2H easy

#37 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Here's another one then. I have plenty more bullet dodging feats.

2. Freezes Robin with the Flash Freeze Batarang- http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39861/1088451-btgrl04_009_copy_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39861/1088455-btgrl04_011_copy_super.jpg

Liquid nitrogen capsule- http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/baticecapsule2.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/baticecapsule1.jpg

3. Again, I don't see why he couldn't. With all of his money, he could buy the materials easily, and then have WayneTech work on it. This way, he can have several pieces of equipment worked on at one time.

#38 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne:

1. Batman dodged one shot because he moved suddenly and unexpectedly, Fett uses repeating blasters that allow for rectifying where he shoots

2. Why did you just post the same images again? I don't doubt they exist I was just wondering how thick the ice is and other details. Could you post something that shows someone frozen by one please?

3. Theses materials must be delivered before they can be assembled, that could take up a lot of the day. They are also dealing with a large suit of armour with shields that are unfamiliar to the workers. Plus, I doubt Batman would want to do that as it would arouse suspicion as to what he wanted it for.

Sorry for the wait, I didn't realize you had replied :)

#39 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: 1. Batman has been shown to be perfectly capable of dodging automatic gunfire, even at close range (as evidenced by my earlier scans) dodging Boba's blasters will be a piece of cake for him.

2. I'm not sure, but Stephanie Brown mentions her saving Robin from blowing up everywhere, and the liquid nitrogen capsule worked on Clayface, who is much stronger than Fett. They should be able to contain him.

3. Isn't it already established that WayneTech funds Batman? As for the armor and shields, the shield could be taken out through an EMP, and the armor won't be enough to break free of the ice.

#40 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne:

1. The earlier scan was of thugs presumably not as experienced as Fett. The Deadshot multiple shot was more of an armour feat than anything and in the other Deadshot only fired once.
  2. Armour would stop Fett from blowing up everywhere. What is Clayface made up of? I assume he is made of something similar to clay in which case liquid nitrogen would have a stronger effect.
  3. I was under the impression that Batman got his funding and some items from WayneTech but the more complicated that could have implications pointing towards Wayne's alter ego were dealt with by Bruce himself. Again, it depends on how thick the ice actually is.
#41 Edited by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: 1. Except their's was on full automatic fire, in close range, and at a speed far faster than blaster bolts. And if you really want, here's Batman dodging Dr. Light's light beams at close range.

http://s289.beta.photobucket.com/user/darknight2k/media/Strategy-Tactics/Solo%20Battles/supermanbatman43-fortressbattle4.jpg.html

Also, he dodges lightning- http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/100395/1983533-batman_outruns_lightning_bolt.png

2. First off, if the ice was strong enough to save Robin from being blown up, it should be able to prevent Fett from escaping. Secondly, liquid nitrogen won't freeze Fett in a layer of ice, it'll cause Fett's armor to be frozen solid, and basically unmovable from the inside.

3. I found the scan. It was Batman and Robin #16, and Bruce Wayne announces he funds Batman (or himself, whatever)- http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2010/11/bmrob16dylux-37-copy.jpg

On an added note, Batman's armor has survived a giant explosion- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/JCBaggee/BatmanGreenGiant-DCP697-Page15.jpg

#42 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne:

1. Dr. Light was only firing in one direction, Fett won't make that mistake. I am assuming the lightning bolt was a villain's powers in action, does he have any warning? The thugs with the firearms may have been close range automatic but Batman has trained most of his life to do stuff like that. Boba Fett has been training his entire life.

2. Sorry, I misread that I thought you were saying that the ice had reacted somehow with something he was carrying and Stephanie saved him, I really have no idea why I thought that :). With the ice pellet, it depends on how thick the ice is again and how thoroughly it freezes someone, If there are gaps in the ice, which is very likely, Fett might be able to blast his way out. Most armour suits in Star Wars are air tight (there is an episode of The Clone Wars where clone troopers survive in space, I'll try and get a picture tomorrow).

Edit: found it

3. Is that before or after New 52? A lot of things changed with the reboot.

4. I found a better blaster feat from Fett himself

5. Boba Fett's hand to hand fighting skills are incredible as well. Here is Jango Fett, who Boba was cloned from and was trained by, fighting 20 Jedi at once (not all of them are shown). Jango is also often considered inferior to Boba

And Fett taking out Rahm Kota:

#43 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Boba Fett seems to have much superior technology however, Batmans got some skills.

I mine as well go with Batman since eveyone thinks he can beat Galactus with prep. lol

#44 Posted by Fetts (4081 posts) - - Show Bio
@guttridgeb: I wonder why these scans seem so familiar. 
<.< 
>.> 
#45 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: LOL, I was looking for them on Google and only realized afterwards where they were from :)

#46 Posted by Pokergeist (22301 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys Voting yet?

Anyway so far Im going with Fetts. Points made.

Bats doesnt Kill.

Has no real effective way of hurting Boba thru his armour for a KO.

Also Fetts has many weapons that are Lightspeed and ca one shot Bats.

Fetts for the win.

#47 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: I was just thinking we should probably let people vote soon. @ImmortalOne do you want to make one more response before we let people vote?

#48 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: I feel like I've had enough to say... let's vote.

#49 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne: Awesome, I'll edit the OP. How many votes do you think we should go up to? I was thinking 7, mainly because I like the number :)

#50 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Sure, 7 is all right.