Blue Marvel vs. Superboy-Prime

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SirMethos

Victory Conditions: Death, K.O. or Incapacitation.

Morals: Off

Blue Marvel has been in the negative zone for 2 hours before Superboy-Prime arrives.

Superboy-Prime has his armor that keeps him amped up on sunlight.

Who wins?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By HolySerpent

Prime murders him

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Almighty_Darkseid

bump

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SirMethos

@HolySerpent said:

Prime murders him

How, exactly, would Prime murder him?

They are at least equal in power.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

@SirMethos said:

@HolySerpent said:

Prime murders him

What?

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Baldy

@SirMethos said:

@HolySerpent said:

Prime murders him

Heh.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SirMethos

@Baldy: @CitizenBane: Is there are particular part of my post that's giving you trouble?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayfournines

@SirMethos said:

@Baldy: @CitizenBane: Is there are particular part of my post that's giving you trouble?

I think the part where you said Blue Marvel is equal to Superboy Prime

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By 0n1zuka

@SirMethos: I would assume you saying that Blue Marvel and SBP are equal in power. Has he shown anything to prove that?

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SirMethos

@Jayfournines: @0n1zuka: Blue Marvel has shown himself to be roughly on a 'superman-level'. However, where Superman gets power from Yellow Sunlight, Blue Marvel gets power from Anti-Matter Energy, i.e. energy bleeding out from the Negative Zone.

The location of the fight, is for Blue Marvel, the equivalent of doing a fight with Superman, located in the core of the sun. And Blue Marvel has spent 2 hours there before SBP arrived.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saren

@SirMethos said:

@Jayfournines: @0n1zuka: Blue Marvel has shown himself to be roughly on a 'superman-level'. However, where Superman gets power from Yellow Sunlight, Blue Marvel gets power from Anti-Matter Energy, i.e. energy bleeding out from the Negative Zone.

The location of the fight, is for Blue Marvel, the equivalent of doing a fight with Superman, located in the core of the sun. And Blue Marvel has spent 2 hours there before SBP arrived.

I see. So you are basing this on a hypothetical level of power that Blue Marvel will obtain in the Negative Zone, and not on actual things he has done that say 2 hours in the Negative Zone will make him a match for Prime?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
Superboy Prime would run through Blue Marvel... 
SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SirMethos

@CitizenBane: His being equal in power. Mostly, yes. While he might not be equal in power right away, he'll get there pretty quickly. And his combat skills are enough to bridge any possible gap in power until then(especially considering that SBP has no combat skills at all).

I'm basing the fight on their 'stated capabilities'. Their powers and abilities 'on paper' so to speak, more than feats. Primarily because I find that the 'stated capabilities' are usually more reliable, while feats tend to jump around like crazy(SBP taking out the majority of the GL corps, vs. SBP getting schooled by Kon-El, to give an example).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@SirMethos said:

@CitizenBane: His being equal in power. Mostly, yes. While he might not be equal in power right away, he'll get there pretty quickly. And his combat skills are enough to bridge any possible gap in power until then(especially considering that SBP has no combat skills at all).

That's all well and good, but hypothetical fights only have hypothetical outcomes. By what logic have you arrived at the conclusion that 2 hours is sufficient time for Blue Marvel to reach Prime's level.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayfournines

@SirMethos said:

Superboy prime...the dude that took on everyone and won? Who escaped the Speed Force? Who has uber intellect, durability and can punch reality?

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SirMethos

@CitizenBane: Any 'match' only has a hypothetical outcome. And if any of the matches we discuss ever happened in the comics, chances are that they wouldn't have the outcome that we end up agreeing on.

@Jayfournines: Yes, Superboy-Prime, the guy that got schooled by Kon-El.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Superboy Prime wins.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@SirMethos said:

@HolySerpent said:

Prime murders him

Say what? Prime is at least several times more powerful than the average Kryptonian. He moved planets far more easily than Superman has been shown to, he basically took on every superhero in Infinite Crisis, both the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps in the Sinestro Corps War, three incarnations of the Legion of Superheroes in Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds. And to top it off, he's shrugged off blows from Black Adam and overpowered Martian Manhunter, both of whom are on 'Superman level'. Basically Blue Marvel is doomed.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

@SirMethos said:

@CitizenBane: Any 'match' only has a hypothetical outcome. And if any of the matches we discuss ever happened in the comics, chances are that they wouldn't have the outcome that we end up agreeing on.

You know what I'm talking about. Do you have any accurate estimate as to what level Blue Marvel would be at or are you just making up the level so he'd be a match for Prime?

As for your comment about Superboy, are you serious? You can't be serious.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blackadamFTW

@King Saturn said:

Superboy Prime would run through Blue Marvel...
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By nefarious

Superboy Prime would wreck Blue Marvel.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@SirMethos said:

Not the best point to support your argument. SBP has easily taken out Superman before and there are plenty of instances where Superboy has been unable to defeat Superman. And it took 3 Kryptonians to subdue SBP in Sinestro Corps War.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SirMethos

@CitizenBane said:

You know what I'm talking about. Do you have any accurate estimate as to what level Blue Marvel would be at or are you just making up the level so he'd be a match for Prime?

As for your comment about Superboy, are you serious? You can't be serious.

Yes, I know what you're talking about. And no, I don't have any accurate estimates. The best comparison I have is Superman's Sundip(which lasted a few minutes, and more than doubled his powers). As well as Blue Marvel's fight against... I forget his name, walking talking anti-matter generator that he fights in his Mini series, where Blue Marvel's powers grow exponentially while fighting him.

With the 2 hours, I wasn't really trying to put Blue Marvel on same power level as SBP, I was merely attempting to give him enough of a power-up to prevent him from being completely slaughtered at the get go. Which I'm fairly confident that I've managed, considering that Blue Marvel is getting more powerful with every moment that passes.

As for my comment about Superboy, yes, I'm serious.

We saw Kon El take him on 3 times already and won the 3rd fight. The 2nd fight in Legion of 3 worlds we saw Prime get smacked around pretty good by Kon El.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@SirMethos said:

Yes, I know what you're talking about. And no, I don't have any accurate estimates. The best comparison I have is Superman's Sundip(which lasted a few minutes, and more than doubled his powers). As well as Blue Marvel's fight against... I forget his name, walking talking anti-matter generator that he fights in his Mini series, where Blue Marvel's powers grow exponentially while fighting him.

With the 2 hours, I wasn't really trying to put Blue Marvel on same power level as SBP, I was merely attempting to give him enough of a power-up to prevent him from being completely slaughtered at the get go. Which I'm fairly confident that I've managed, considering that Blue Marvel is getting more powerful with every moment that passes.

That's what I thought. I recommend you try and prove that Blue Marvel's power increases with exposure to anti-matter at the same rate that Superman's power increases with exposure to the sun. Granted, I already know no such proof exists, but......

As for my comment about Superboy, yes, I'm serious.

We saw Kon El take him on 3 times already and won the 3rd fight. The 2nd fight in Legion of 3 worlds we saw Prime get smacked around pretty good by Kon El.

No. They fought 4 times, in the first instance Conner was beaten bloody and had to call in every Titan available to help. In the second instance, Prime killed him. In the third instance (Legion of 3 Worlds), Conner was amped from a thousand years of sunlight exposure, and the fourth instance was good old fashioned PIS. Prime has also KO'd Martian Manhunter, who could beat down Blue Marvel every time. Lousy point is lousy.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirMethos

@CitizenBane: I'd forgotten about the first fight :P

Anyway, in the Second fight, Kon-El was holding his own until they crash into the vibrational tuning fork. And Kon-El dies from his injuries from the resulting explosion, not at SBP's hands.

I don't remember Kon-El being amped up, but I'll take your word for it :) Regardless, considering that Kon-El as a baseline, is weaker than the average Superman, even being amped up on sunlight, shouldn't be a problem for someone that has been shown to single-handedly own the entire GL corps(as well as a ton of other groups).

As for PIS in the last fight, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Regardless, my point stands. Feats are highly unreliable. And fans(as well as haters) tend to pick and choose from the feats of various characters when they debate.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Saren

@SirMethos said:

@CitizenBane: I'd forgotten about the first fight :P

Anyway, in the Second fight, Kon-El was holding his own until they crash into the vibrational tuning fork. And Kon-El dies from his injuries from the resulting explosion, not at SBP's hands.

It appears we have differing definitions of what "holding his own" comprises, and the same explosion that killed Conner didn't even slow down Prime.

I don't remember Kon-El being amped up, but I'll take your word for it :) Regardless, considering that Kon-El as a baseline, is weaker than the average Superman, even being amped up on sunlight, shouldn't be a problem for someone that has been shown to single-handedly own the entire GL corps(as well as a ton of other groups).

Did you not read the part where he was exposed to sunlight for 1000 years? That's a little more than just an amp.

As for PIS in the last fight, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Hrrm.

Regardless, my point stands. Feats are highly unreliable. And fans(as well as haters) tend to pick and choose from the feats of various characters when they debate.

They're unreliable if you just chuck context out the window, sure.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Baldy

@SirMethos said:

What planet did this happen on?

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By terry2012

@Lvenger: This

TheForgotten1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheForgotten1

Being a blue marvel fan I think I might go with super boy but I dunno how much power 2 hrs would give blue marvel for now super boy If certain marvel people would continue with blue marvel then maybe this fight would be closer than most people think

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Matchstick

Blue Marvel just doesn't have the feats to support him winning. If the only argument you have is guess work, then you don't have an argument.

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime stomps,

He's way stronger, durable, faster, and Adam's attacks won't hurt him

myantilife101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers