• 175 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

who wins this random encounter?

#2 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel already decked sentry

#3 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

dam

#4 Posted by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio

It took Sentry and the rest of the Avengers to stop Blue Marvel; and Sentry basically had to sucker punch Adam just to down him. One on one Blue Marvel would probably beat him into submission.

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Taliax said:
"It took Sentry and the rest of the Avengers to stop Blue Marvel; and Sentry basically had to sucker punch Adam just to down him. One on one Blue Marvel would probably beat him into submission."
I totally agree.

Great battle though.
#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio
Taliax said:
"It took Sentry and the rest of the Avengers to stop Blue Marvel; and Sentry basically had to sucker punch Adam just to down him. One on one Blue Marvel would probably beat him into submission."
well said
#7 Posted by SabbatMartyr (77 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the Blue Marvel's powers? Because I only know about Sentry and he seems pretty hench. 

#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

So far we know he has super strength and super speed comparable to the Sentry. He is also capable of surviving in the vacuum of space without oxygen. As seen when he flies to the moon and talks to the watcher.


He also apparently has some level of control over anti-matter energies. We can assume this from him absorbing the power/anti-matter energy from Anti-MAn (Conner) and than releasing it in space.

#9 Posted by SabbatMartyr (77 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys sure Blue Marvel would win? I reckon it would be quite a stalemate

#10 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
SabbatMartyr said:
"You guys sure Blue Marvel would win? I reckon it would be quite a stalemate"
It could be, but so far, based on what was shown, Sentry would lose.

Now, if Sentry had full control of his powers, we may see a different outcome.
#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio
SabbatMartyr said:
"You guys sure Blue Marvel would win? I reckon it would be quite a stalemate"
I am just saying this cause I like Blue better. If anything it is a stalemate, but the two fought and took each other down and this was after Blue Marvel took on the rest of the Avengers heavy hitters. These being Ms. Marve, Ares, She-Hulk, Wonder Man, Iron MAn. So this is only an assumption but looking at that and the fact that Sentry sucker punched him. Blue Marvel had a much better showing so one could assume he is stronger.

This is basically what Taliax just said
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel.

#13 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

These two seem equal to me. 
I don't think BM :) woul dhave fell 
if he wasn't fighting so many
#14 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha...you called him BM...that's funny to me.
 
Anywho, I say Sentry.

#15 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
"Haha...you called him BM...that's funny to me.  Anywho, I say Sentry. "

That's why I have the smile
#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio



 
Owned.
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"


  Owned. "
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out......
Moderator
#18 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "

But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc.
#19 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a great fight.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction.
Moderator
#21 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction. "

A distraction can be sometimes all you need. 
However their attacks certainly appeared to be more than a distraction.
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction. "
A distraction can be sometimes all you need. However their attacks certainly appeared to be more than a distraction. "
Why because his clothes got ripped lol?
Moderator
#23 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think the Sentry's neck is made out of rubber in the first scan?

#24 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction. "
A distraction can be sometimes all you need. However their attacks certainly appeared to be more than a distraction. "
Why because his clothes got ripped lol? "

:-) 
 
No I think that the attacks did do some damage / help to tire him a little. 
he did take blows from Wonder Man, a class 100 strength being and these attacks must have done something. 
But the main thing is, they set him up for a massive attack from Sentry.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction. "
A distraction can be sometimes all you need. However their attacks certainly appeared to be more than a distraction. "
Why because his clothes got ripped lol? "
:-)  No I think that the attacks did do some damage / help to tire him a little. he did take blows from Wonder Man, a class 100 strength being and these attacks must have done something. But the main thing is, they set him up for a massive attack from Sentry. "
If Blue Marvel is supposed to be Sentry level.I doubt a punch from Wonder Man did much.Ms.Marvel took those no problem.Her clothes were ripped but that's about it.
Moderator
#26 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction. "
He's already been jacked once by them in the issue. An the main thing is that unlike the Avengers (who have been ordered to put him down) he's not fighting to hurt them, just tryin to reach Connor. An he still put Sentry ta bed when he got ticked. Not to mention taking all of those blows w/ Sentry pushed to his limit, while still holding back.  
 
Blue Marvel takes this. 
#27 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction. "
A distraction can be sometimes all you need. However their attacks certainly appeared to be more than a distraction. "
Why because his clothes got ripped lol? "
:-)  No I think that the attacks did do some damage / help to tire him a little. he did take blows from Wonder Man, a class 100 strength being and these attacks must have done something. But the main thing is, they set him up for a massive attack from Sentry. "
If Blue Marvel is supposed to be Sentry level.I doubt a punch from Wonder Man did much.Ms.Marvel took those no problem.Her clothes were ripped but that's about it. "

A full power punch from Wonder Man should hurt most characters of this level.
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
A full power punch from Wonder Man should hurt most characters of this level. "
Assuming that was Simon's best shot. 
 
 
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
He's already been jacked once by them in the issue. An the main thing is that unlike the Avengers (who have been ordered to put him down) he's not fighting to hurt them, just tryin to reach Connor. An he still put Sentry ta bed when he got ticked. Not to mention taking all of those blows w/ Sentry pushed to his limit, while still holding back.   Blue Marvel takes this.  "
I believe the Avengers were trying to take Blue Marvel down but I don't think they were trying to hurt him either.If you've seen that team fight they have alot more in their arsenal then what they showed against Blue Marvel.Sentry included.Not to mention that even if Sentry wasn't holding back losing control of his emotions makes him weaker.I don't know why people still don't get that Sentry is depowered by a lack of mental stability.That wasn't at all Sentry at his best.
Moderator
#29 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
A full power punch from Wonder Man should hurt most characters of this level. "
Assuming that was Simon's best shot. 
 
 
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
He's already been jacked once by them in the issue. An the main thing is that unlike the Avengers (who have been ordered to put him down) he's not fighting to hurt them, just tryin to reach Connor. An he still put Sentry ta bed when he got ticked. Not to mention taking all of those blows w/ Sentry pushed to his limit, while still holding back.   Blue Marvel takes this.  "
I believe the Avengers were trying to take Blue Marvel down but I don't think they were trying to hurt him either.If you've seen that team fight they have alot more in their arsenal then what they showed against Blue Marvel.Sentry included.Not to mention that even if Sentry wasn't holding back losing control of his emotions makes him weaker.I don't know why people still don't get that Sentry is depowered by a lack of mental stability.That wasn't at all Sentry at his best. "

The Avnegers knew of Blue Marvels power level. 
They had engaged him in battle and as Simon was hand to hand fighting him well in to the battle, I don't think he would have been holding back especially considering Blue Marvel had already thrown him off once. 
As this is a random encounter, Sentry's not always going to be at his best. The encounter would be most likely to happen at Sentry's most consistent power level - which is certainly not at his peak. 
 
From the fight we saw I would say Blue Marvel wins - only just. It may be that his being powered by antimatter (Negative Zone) energy lessens Sentry's power or makes Sntry more susceptible to Blue Marvel's attacks but he certainly was handing Sentry a beating.
#30 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.
 
For now anyway...

#31 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "

Although Blue Marvel has limited feats, he does neverless have very high feats. 
Putting the Sentry in to orbit, being able to stand up to Animan, smashing an asteroid described as being as big as Arkansas (and thats dozens of miles in diameter). 
So are they consistent ? They appear to be.
#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
A full power punch from Wonder Man should hurt most characters of this level. "
Assuming that was Simon's best shot. 
 
 
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
He's already been jacked once by them in the issue. An the main thing is that unlike the Avengers (who have been ordered to put him down) he's not fighting to hurt them, just tryin to reach Connor. An he still put Sentry ta bed when he got ticked. Not to mention taking all of those blows w/ Sentry pushed to his limit, while still holding back.   Blue Marvel takes this.  "
I believe the Avengers were trying to take Blue Marvel down but I don't think they were trying to hurt him either.If you've seen that team fight they have alot more in their arsenal then what they showed against Blue Marvel.Sentry included.Not to mention that even if Sentry wasn't holding back losing control of his emotions makes him weaker.I don't know why people still don't get that Sentry is depowered by a lack of mental stability.That wasn't at all Sentry at his best. "
The Avnegers knew of Blue Marvels power level. They had engaged him in battle and as Simon was hand to hand fighting him well in to the battle, I don't think he would have been holding back especially considering Blue Marvel had already thrown him off once. As this is a random encounter, Sentry's not always going to be at his best. The encounter would be most likely to happen at Sentry's most consistent power level - which is certainly not at his peak.  From the fight we saw I would say Blue Marvel wins - only just. It may be that his being powered by antimatter (Negative Zone) energy lessens Sentry's power or makes Sntry more susceptible to Blue Marvel's attacks but he certainly was handing Sentry a beating. "
The whole series was set up to make Blue Marvel look good.Alot about the series doesn't make any sense. 
Whether Simon gave him his best shot or Sentry was at the peak of his abilities,none of that matters.They were going to make it so Blue Marvel comes away looking good anyway.That's what the whole "punch Sentry into orbit" thing was.Sentry's only fighting to the best of his ability when he's not being used to make someone look better.There are instances where he's randomly been able to keep focus enough to balance out his power level..like when he fought World War Hulk or when he fought Genis Vell or Doom,Absorbing Man,The Adaptoid etc. 
 
Now,first of all why are we assuming that Sentry isn't fighting to the best of his ability? We all know his mental stability is only a plot device and only depowers him when it's convenient for the opponent.Second of all..how was Blue Marvel handing Sentry a beating? Besides the punch that knocked Sentry off the planet he didn't get any good shots in.Not to mention Sentry K.O'd him.You can make the case of what the Mighty Avengers did and all that but it's odd to me how people keep mentioning how it took the Mighty Avengers and Sentry to take Blue Marvel down when none of them went all out against him.Ms.Marvel,Sentry,and Iron Man all have more in their arsenal than physical force so it's obvious the whole thing was a plot device to make Blue Marvel look good.
Moderator
#33 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" @MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "
Although Blue Marvel has limited feats, he does neverless have very high feats. Putting the Sentry in to orbit, being able to stand up to Animan, smashing an asteroid described as being as big as Arkansas (and thats dozens of miles in diameter). So are they consistent ? They appear to be. "
 Didn't a Watcher say he could break a moon in half at some point? It could have been hyperbole though.
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" @MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "
Although Blue Marvel has limited feats, he does neverless have very high feats. Putting the Sentry in to orbit, being able to stand up to Animan, smashing an asteroid described as being as big as Arkansas (and thats dozens of miles in diameter). So are they consistent ? They appear to be. "
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best.
Moderator
#35 Posted by krisboyz781 (955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "
Although Blue Marvel has limited feats, he does neverless have very high feats. Putting the Sentry in to orbit, being able to stand up to Animan, smashing an asteroid described as being as big as Arkansas (and thats dozens of miles in diameter). So are they consistent ? They appear to be. "
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "
no there above it
#36 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2042 posts) - - Show Bio
@krisboyz781 said:
" no there above it "
Sentry, without mental blocks, is essentially Void and Sentry.  Even the normal Sentry we see regularly is almost never going all out.  Then add in classic Sentry feats, some of which are insane, and Sentry has Marvel beat.
#37 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
No need.
#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@krisboyz781 said:
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "
no there above it "
No they aren't. 
 
@MisterGuyMan said:
Sentry, without mental blocks, is essentially Void and Sentry.
The Void has better feats than Blue Marvel too.
Moderator
#39 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

"No they aren't. 

I don't think feats are a deciding factor here. Blue Marvel and Anti-Man have both shown to significantly hurt the Sentry because of their anti-matter abilities. Even toward the end of his mini, he was generating anti-matter blasts, and anti-matter happens to be Sentry's weakness.
#40 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Now post the rest where Sentry knocks him out...... "
But Blue Marvel was also fighting against the Avengers as well - Ironman, Wonderman etc. "
I don't think they added anything other than a distraction. "
A distraction can be sometimes all you need. However their attacks certainly appeared to be more than a distraction. "

I agree. They did hurt him.
#41 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "

Matching Sentry was a feat in itself. The asteroid and lifting that tanker were great as well.
#42 Posted by Generation Jubes (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Vance Astro said:

"No they aren't. 

I don't think feats are a deciding factor here. Blue Marvel and Anti-Man have both shown to significantly hurt the Sentry because of their anti-matter abilities. Even toward the end of his mini, he was generating anti-matter blasts, and anti-matter happens to be Sentry's weakness. "
Oh...what are the odds,Blue Marvel beats someone (in his own comic) that Sentry couldn't....surprise surprise
#43 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Generation Jubes said:
"Oh...what are the odds,Blue Marvel beats someone (in his own comic) that Sentry couldn't....surprise surprise "
That's a verrrrrrrrrrrrry good excuse......
#44 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "
Although Blue Marvel has limited feats, he does neverless have very high feats. Putting the Sentry in to orbit, being able to stand up to Animan, smashing an asteroid described as being as big as Arkansas (and thats dozens of miles in diameter). So are they consistent ? They appear to be. "
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "

This is a random encounter. Please show me where it says in the OP that Sentry is at his peak. 
Sentry fluctuates quite a bit so he could catch Blue Marvel at a low ebb as well. 
However I think it more reasonable to look at Sentry's average showings and base it on that.
#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "
Although Blue Marvel has limited feats, he does neverless have very high feats. Putting the Sentry in to orbit, being able to stand up to Animan, smashing an asteroid described as being as big as Arkansas (and thats dozens of miles in diameter). So are they consistent ? They appear to be. "
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "
This is a random encounter. Please show me where it says in the OP that Sentry is at his peak. Sentry fluctuates quite a bit so he could catch Blue Marvel at a low ebb as well. However I think it more reasonable to look at Sentry's average showings and base it on that. "
Who said Sentry was at his peak? I don't know how you can get to the peak of "unlimited power".Yes Sentry's power fluctuates but its based on plot devices.Sentry's only not "focused" when Bendis wants to show him at a low level.Sentry's level is chosen at random,so why take his lowest showings? There are several instances where Sentry has just all of a sudden been perfectly normal and been able to take care of business.
 
@Static Shock said:
" @Generation Jubes said:
"Oh...what are the odds,Blue Marvel beats someone (in his own comic) that Sentry couldn't....surprise surprise "
That's a verrrrrrrrrrrrry good excuse...... "
It's more like the truth.They didn't explore any other options or plans of attack that the Mighty Avengers alone could have used against Anti-Man.They turned the whole team into a bunch of brawlers...more accurately canon fodder to make Anti-Man look good so that when Blue Marvel beats him it will be a big deal.That's not to say that Anti-Man wouldn't have beaten them anyway...I don't know.I guess just conveniently..Ms.Marvel can't absorb anti-matter right?
Moderator
#46 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"It's more like the truth.They didn't explore any other options or plans of attack that the Mighty Avengers alone could have used against Anti-Man.They turned the whole team into a bunch of brawlers...more accurately canon fodder to make Anti-Man look good so that when Blue Marvel beats him it will be a big deal.That's not to say that Anti-Man wouldn't have beaten them anyway...I don't know.I guess just conveniently..Ms.Marvel can't absorb anti-matter right? "
Or maybe Anti-Man was just too powerful for them, or isn't anyone that they have ever faced before. As for Ms. Marvel, I'm not sure if she can, unless she's done it before.
#47 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
" @MisterGuyMan said:
"Sentry has a lot higher showings though.  Generally I'd put Sentry above Blue Marvel until BM starts showing more consistent feats.  Sentry, by design, has feats and showings all over the place.  He's mentally unstable and is terrified of using his full powers.  If he really lets go, then he'd beat Blue Marvel.  For now anyway... "
Although Blue Marvel has limited feats, he does neverless have very high feats. Putting the Sentry in to orbit, being able to stand up to Animan, smashing an asteroid described as being as big as Arkansas (and thats dozens of miles in diameter). So are they consistent ? They appear to be. "
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "
This is a random encounter. Please show me where it says in the OP that Sentry is at his peak. Sentry fluctuates quite a bit so he could catch Blue Marvel at a low ebb as well. However I think it more reasonable to look at Sentry's average showings and base it on that. "
Who said Sentry was at his peak? I don't know how you can get to the peak of "unlimited power".Yes Sentry's power fluctuates but its based on plot devices.Sentry's only not "focused" when Bendis wants to show him at a low level.Sentry's level is chosen at random,so why take his lowest showings? There are several instances where Sentry has just all of a sudden been perfectly normal and been able to take care of business.
 
 
@Vance Astro said:
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "

Does Sentry perform his best feats when at his lowest ebb ? 
More likely to say when he is at his best.
 

  
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
@Vance Astro said:
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "
Does Sentry perform his best feats when at his lowest ebb ? More likely to say when he is at his best.             "
 @Vance Astro said:
Sentry's only not "focused" when Bendis wants to show him at a low level.
 A focused Sentry is Sentry minus all the mental instability bullsh#t.Just a regular Sentry.He may not be at the highest levels he's shown to me but he's stable enough to fight like he has some sense and he's not weakened in anyway.
 
 
@Static Shock
said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"It's more like the truth.They didn't explore any other options or plans of attack that the Mighty Avengers alone could have used against Anti-Man.They turned the whole team into a bunch of brawlers...more accurately canon fodder to make Anti-Man look good so that when Blue Marvel beats him it will be a big deal.That's not to say that Anti-Man wouldn't have beaten them anyway...I don't know.I guess just conveniently..Ms.Marvel can't absorb anti-matter right? "
Or maybe Anti-Man was just too powerful for them, or isn't anyone that they have ever faced before. As for Ms. Marvel, I'm not sure if she can, unless she's done it before. "
What I am saying is they did the same thing with Sentry in his miniseries.They took the Void..made him the most powerful thing ever.He beat the Avengers(with Thor),Strange was scared of him,he broke every bone in Hulk's body and Strange was telling Reed that if someone didn't stop the Void that the Universe was going to collapse or something outlandish of that nature..and although the Void is the exact opposite of Sentry and is composed of anti-matter.Sentry owned him no problem.When Sentry was willing to fight him...he was done.I don't know if Ms.Marvel can absorb anti-matter but I haven't come across anything she couldn't absorb.I've seen her absorb some ridiculous forms of energy,but chances are even if she can absorb it..they didn't let her because they wanted Blue Marvel to get all the glory.I believe it was the same thing in World War Hulk.Sentry could have easily depowered Banner and absorbed all his gamma radiation..but what did they do? They made him depower himself so Hulk would win.Why..because it was Hulk's event.
Moderator
#49 Posted by the creator (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @the creator said:
@Vance Astro said:
Blue Marvel's feats aren't on the level of Sentry's best. "
Does Sentry perform his best feats when at his lowest ebb ? More likely to say when he is at his best.             "
  @Vance Astro said:
Sentry's only not "focused" when Bendis wants to show him at a low level.
 A focused Sentry is Sentry minus all the mental instability bullsh#t.Just a regular Sentry.He may not be at the highest levels he's shown to me but he's stable enough to fight like he has some sense and he's not weakened in anyway.
 
 
@Static Shock
said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"It's more like the truth.They didn't explore any other options or plans of attack that the Mighty Avengers alone could have used against Anti-Man.They turned the whole team into a bunch of brawlers...more accurately canon fodder to make Anti-Man look good so that when Blue Marvel beats him it will be a big deal.That's not to say that Anti-Man wouldn't have beaten them anyway...I don't know.I guess just conveniently..Ms.Marvel can't absorb anti-matter right? "
Or maybe Anti-Man was just too powerful for them, or isn't anyone that they have ever faced before. As for Ms. Marvel, I'm not sure if she can, unless she's done it before. "
What I am saying is they did the same thing with Sentry in his miniseries.They took the Void..made him the most powerful thing ever.He beat the Avengers(with Thor),Strange was scared of him,he broke every bone in Hulk's body and Strange was telling Reed that if someone didn't stop the Void that the Universe was going to collapse or something outlandish of that nature..and although the Void is the exact opposite of Sentry and is composed of anti-matter.Sentry owned him no problem.When Sentry was willing to fight him...he was done.I don't know if Ms.Marvel can absorb anti-matter but I haven't come across anything she couldn't absorb.I've seen her absorb some ridiculous forms of energy,but chances are even if she can absorb it..they didn't let her because they wanted Blue Marvel to get all the glory.I believe it was the same thing in World War Hulk.Sentry could have easily depowered Banner and absorbed all his gamma radiation..but what did they do? They made him depower himself so Hulk would win.Why..because it was Hulk's event. "

That's why the OP said a Random enounter Vance, so it could happen when Bendis is writing  :-) 
 
Anti-matter reactions anniliate normal matter and as such do not operate in line according to our universe. 
Maybe that's why she could not absorb his energy.
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
That's why the OP said a Random enounter Vance, so it could happen when Bendis is writing  :-)  Anti-matter reactions anniliate normal matter and as such do not operate in line according to our universe. Maybe that's why she could not absorb his energy. "
That's my point...Bendis isn't writing this.It's a battle forum.Depowering him for a plot device is out of the question because we are just trying to assume who wins based on their actual abilities.Not what would happen if Bendis put Sentry in a story that he was too powerful for and then had to bring his power level down so that the person he's fighting can compete with him.
Moderator