czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Vance Astro said:
1.He used his speed against Thor (in fight that he has won), Vulcan and Hyperion (who also isn't from 616). So, You failed again about Your judgment about Kallark.  
2.Surfer didn't used CA in that place, but I don't know how does it change anything for person who don't belive Gladiator would use it against Blue Marvel, even while he used his superspeed against Cannonball, Thor, Hyperion, Vulcan, in Canncerverse, against Guardians of Galaxy, etc. But You don't want to admitt that Gladiator's speed is completly above Blue MArvel's powers.
3.I completly don't know how can say that I don't have any prove that Gladiator doesn't have any durability or strength feats. It is crazy. Gladiator has fought with much more powerfull people, than Blue Marvel ever will fight. The same with strength, speed, power... 

It is not an opinion, it is a fact: Gladiator is stronger, faster and more durable than BM. It is only a moment in which You will be able to allow Yourself to admitt that.
@Boneawl said:

All 3 has the same power level. Yes it does mean that. And Surfer who won with BRB stomped also Canncerverse version of Thor and blocked Mjolnir with one move. In current Mighty Thor series, Surfer didn't even have to really put effort in their first fight. And in second he also wasn't fighting in full.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jeanroygrant

Gladiator.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:

@Vance Astro said:
1.He used his speed against Thor (in fight that he has won), Vulcan and Hyperion (who also isn't from 616). So, You failed again about Your judgment about Kallark.  
2.Surfer didn't used CA in that place, but I don't know how does it change anything for person who don't belive Gladiator would use it against Blue Marvel, even while he used his superspeed against Cannonball, Thor, Hyperion, Vulcan, in Canncerverse, against Guardians of Galaxy, etc. But You don't want to admitt that Gladiator's speed is completly above Blue MArvel's powers.
3.I completly don't know how can say that I don't have any prove that Gladiator doesn't have any durability or strength feats. It is crazy. Gladiator has fought with much more powerfull people, than Blue Marvel ever will fight. The same with strength, speed, power... 

1.What are you even responding to? He used speed against Thor after he distracted him so he wouldn't have a chance to react to getting blitzed.Why did you leave that out? Also why do you keep leaving out the important details of why he won.Kallark isn't strong enough to handle Thor which was proven as shortly after the fight in question.Vulcan isn't anywhere near as strong as Kallark and Hyperion has no feats that suggest he is either so what no I didn't fail at anything. I said that Gladiator's speed has never proven to be a problem for anyone he's fought and so far you haven't proven otherwise.All of those characters (aside from Thor) are weaker than Kallark by miles.The only instance you mentioned where he NEEDED to use speed is the one where he only won because a variable was involved.

2.Silver Surfer is out of Gladiator's league.That was the point of the scan.It doesn't change anything for Blue Marvel you mentioned Silver Surfer..not me.That scan didn't have anything to do with speed. 

3.Gladiator hasn't fought more powerful people..at least none that he has impressive showings against or has beaten.Sentry,King Hyperion,The Mighty Avengers,Anti-Man>>>>>>>Classic Wonder Man,Masterson Thor,Hyperion,Thor Girl,The Fantastic Four,Vulcan,Canonball,The Guardians of the Galaxy.
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:

I want to focus on round 1 and I need to refer to 2 opponents in this analysis. Blue Marvel fought and defeated King Hyperion. It took 2 normal Hyperions to restrain / slow down King Hyperion as shown in Exiles. Gladiator was shown to have at best a modest advantage over a normal Hyperion when they fought in the one Avengers storyline. Since all the characters mentioned are very similar in power sets e.g. Super strength, super speed, invulnerability, energy projection, there should be no significant advantage Blue Marvel gained over King Hyperion in the combat to think that if Blue Marvel applied similar tactics against Gladiator he could not win.

This...

I'd think it would be so blazingly obvious.

Also, Thor should never be compared to Gladiator, that is just insulting. Show more respect to your thunder gods!

With Morals off.

Thor > BM > Gladiator

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Malevolent1

Blue Marvel did not beat Sentry. He was very close. After a knockdown, drag out, Blue Marvel fell unconcious just before Sentry fell into the arms of Wonder Man.

Which tells me Blue Marvel is capable of taking it to Gladiator. He doesn't have as many powers as Gladiator, but the only ones that I think matter in a confrontation between these two is speed, strength and invulnerability. They are both very close on all those levels.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Vance Astro said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

@Vance Astro said:

1.What are you even responding to? He used speed against Thor after he distracted him so he wouldn't have a chance to react to getting blitzed.Why did you leave that out? Also why do you keep leaving out the important details of why he won.Kallark isn't strong enough to handle Thor which was proven as shortly after the fight in question.Vulcan isn't anywhere near as strong as Kallark and Hyperion has no feats that suggest he is either so what no I didn't fail at anything. I said that Gladiator's speed has never proven to be a problem for anyone he's fought and so far you haven't proven otherwise.All of those characters (aside from Thor) are weaker than Kallark by miles.The only instance you mentioned where he NEEDED to use speed is the one where he only won because a variable was involved.2.Silver Surfer is out of Gladiator's league.That was the point of the scan.It doesn't change anything for Blue Marvel you mentioned Silver Surfer..not me.That scan didn't have anything to do with speed.  3.Gladiator hasn't fought more powerful people..at least none that he has impressive showings against or has beaten.Sentry,King Hyperion,The Mighty Avengers,Anti-Man>>>>>>>Classic Wonder Man,Masterson Thor,Hyperion,Thor Girl,The Fantastic Four,Vulcan,Canonball,The Guardians of the Galaxy.
1.Because according to Your posts, he isn't using his speed at all. He does.  Hyperion is as strong as Gladiator or at least they are both planet level according to their fight. It was a problem for Hyperion, Vulcan and Cannonball. He needed it against 2 of these 3 and possibly even against Vulcan.
2.It doesn't change anything, becuase their ealier fight proved that Surfer would need that power to take out Gladiator, which means that he would need to exploit his weaknees. 
3.This isn't classic King Hyperion and Blue Marvel didn't won with either: Sentry nor him.
King Hyperion in his fight with Exiles was able to recover from even hardest injury, like when his neck was broken and he was talking how funny it is in next panel. Blink overpowered his HF with porting a ton of sand into his body, Hyperions beat him almost to the death (that was their goal) and then timebreakers left him in very weakned state in his Earth. Earth that he couldn't left. 
We've didn't seen a thing after that, saying that KH recovered to full power, but we've seen in Thunderbolts that he no longer can reform his body as good as in the past, since nanites were a problem to him. They wouldn't be in any way to classic KH. 
Mighty Avengers didn't want to really fight with him and Anti-Man losed because BM had greater control over their pwoer (not too mention whole context), so it wasn't a normal battle either.
Blue Marvel didn't won even one battle clearley. Still, You want to put it above Gladiator's feats. Gladiator's won with Hyperion. He did the same to Thor and later to Thor Girl (which is impersive, since it is Tarene before battle with Surtur in which she was depowered). He put down Vulcan, Binary, stomped Wonder Man, broke Quasar's constructs, took Black Bolt's voice to his ear and stalemated Thor and Surfer in other occasions.
But for You it is not as impresive as stalemating with Sentry and depowered King Hyperion.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
1.Because according to Your posts, he isn't using his speed at all. He does.  Hyperion is as strong as Gladiator or at least they are both planet level according to their fight. It was a problem for Hyperion, Vulcan and Cannonball. He needed it against 2 of these 3 and possibly even against Vulcan.
2.It doesn't change anything, becuase their ealier fight proved that Surfer would need that power to take out Gladiator, which means that he would need to exploit his weaknees. 
3.This isn't classic King Hyperion and Blue Marvel didn't won with either: Sentry nor him.
King Hyperion in his fight with Exiles was able to recover from even hardest injury, like when his neck was broken and he was talking how funny it is in next panel. Blink overpowered his HF with porting a ton of sand into his body, Hyperions beat him almost to the death (that was their goal) and then timebreakers left him in very weakned state in his Earth. Earth that he couldn't left. 
We've didn't seen a thing after that, saying that KH recovered to full power, but we've seen in Thunderbolts that he no longer can reform his body as good as in the past, since nanites were a problem to him. They wouldn't be in any way to classic KH. 
Mighty Avengers didn't want to really fight with him and Anti-Man losed because BM had greater control over their pwoer (not too mention whole context), so it wasn't a normal battle either.
Blue Marvel didn't won even one battle clearley. Still, You want to put it above Gladiator's feats. Gladiator's won with Hyperion. He did the same to Thor and later to Thor Girl (which is impersive, since it is Tarene before battle with Surtur in which she was depowered). He put down Vulcan, Binary, stomped Wonder Man, broke Quasar's constructs, took Black Bolt's voice to his ear and stalemated Thor and Surfer in other occasions.
But for You it is not as impresive as stalemating with Sentry and depowered King Hyperion.

1.I'm going to assume you're not reading my posts.I said Gladiator RARELY uses his speed.Gladiator is a brawler.His speed wasn't the deciding factor in any of those fights.Never has Gladiator faced anyone of Blue Marvel's caliber and used his speed to beat them.
2.Everyone knows Silver Surfer is way out of Gladiator's league.There's no use arguing with you about this.If you really believe that Silver Surfer has to exploit Gladiator's weakness to beat him..that's your issue.How can you overestimate him and underestimate him at the same time.You argument isn't adding up.
3.I love how you just make up your own rules and versions of characters.you don't know anything about King Hyperion.You have no proof of what you're saying yet you try and rebuttle with it every response. Nobody needs to tell you someone is still at full power when there is no proof or no indication that he lost any power. 

King Hyperion is stronger than the Hyperion that Gladiator has beaten.You can't name one class 100 that Hyperion has fought,beaten,or even held his own against.Beating Thor Girl isn't impressive.She's not even stronger than She-Hulk,Binary wasn't at 100% when she fought Gladiator she was exhausted from powering the Starjammers ship,Wonder Man was only class 90 when Gladiator fought him and a stronger version of Wonder Man was part of the Mighty Avengers team that Blue Marvel fought. If Blue Marvel KO'd Sentry which most people believe he did...then he beat him and Sentry is clearly stronger than every character you just stated Gladiator beat.You argument is losing one.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Static Shock

Just to be fair, the version of Thor that Gladiator defeated before fighting Thor Girl was Jake Olsen. Not Eric Masterson. Not Donald Blake (the original).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

Just to be fair, the version of Thor that Gladiator defeated before fighting Thor Girl was Jake Olsen. Not Eric Masterson. Not Donald Blake (the original).

If i'm not mistaken Jake Olsen was once Thor's mortal form.I don't know what the difference is beside the 60 second curse but Donald Blake and Jake Olsen were the mortal forms of the same Thor.To be fair, Gladiator only beat him because he knocked Mjolnir out of his hands which caused him to revert back into Jake.When he got it back he destroyed Gladiator.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Static Shock

@Vance Astro said:

If i'm not mistaken Jake Olsen was once Thor's mortal form.I don't know what the difference is beside the 60 second curse but Donald Blake and Jake Olsen were the mortal forms of the same Thor.To be fair, Gladiator only beat him because he knocked Mjolnir out of his hands which caused him to revert back into Jake.When he got it back he destroyed Gladiator.

I remember that. Gladiator distracted him by tossing debris at him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

@Vance Astro said:

I remember that. Gladiator distracted him by tossing debris at him.

Yessir.He knew what was up LOL.
Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Boneawl

@czarny_samael666:

All 3 has the same power level. Yes it does mean that. And Surfer who won with BRB stomped also Canncerverse version of Thor and blocked Mjolnir with one move. In current Mighty Thor series, Surfer didn't even have to really put effort in their first fight. And in second he also wasn't fighting in full.

Same power? They are all given the same power, not that they can use the same power. Eric Masterson and BRB, have never shown to do half the things Thor has done. This puts Thor above the two. Yet you speak nothing about their first encounter, and sense then it's been in Thor's favor. Until their is something that shows other wise, I see no reason why this even needs to debated.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

I know this is old but Blue Marvel should take this swiftly. Round one being the only close right. Round two Blue Marvel with ease. Blue Marvel is smarter than Gladiator, is more of an expert in science than Gladiator and has enough resources to take down Glads. Within a week of prep he can easily found a way to exploit Gladiator's weakness and take him down. Much weaker characters have been able to do it.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illuminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, not entirely sure about this one. I guess while BM hasn't been entirely impressive, he has at least been consistent unlike Gladiator.

So he should take it.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BM takes this if he no sells Kalarks first few attacks.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

Which weaker characters have exploited Glads weakness?

Does does BM have in his arsenal that can exploit his weakness?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

Which weaker characters have exploited Glads weakness?

Does does BM have in his arsenal that can exploit his weakness?

Hulk? Surfer also stated that he easily could as shown by @vance_astro years ago. This fight has two matches the second one involving prep which Blue Marvel easily takes. He is a genius who was able to construct a large fortress in the deepest part of the ocean for lab works. IIRC him and the Ultimates were able to come up with a plan to stop Thanos. He can easily do so against Gladiator.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can see Blue Marvel winning.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: dude I do the exact same thing if I find a good thread that wasn't well developed, they are normally cosmic threads including the surfer, blue marvel, gladiator, hyperion, supergirl, power girl, vulcan, quasar, nova, BRB and etc street characters don't appeal to me much(apart from the x-men), we should form a duo or a group and call ourselves the bumpers, we go around seeking threads that we think deserve more discussion, woo woo you know who would be perfect on our team?? @scathantheapprover. We could discuss in a pm and if we decided to bump it we would have him say "scathan approves". Dope

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: dude I do the exact same thing if I find a good thread that wasn't well developed, they are normally cosmic threads including the surfer, blue marvel, gladiator, hyperion, supergirl, power girl, vulcan, quasar, nova, BRB and etc street characters don't appeal to me much(apart from the x-men), we should form a duo or a group and call ourselves the bumpers, we go around seeking threads that we think deserve more discussion, woo woo you know who would be perfect on our team?? @scathantheapprover. We could discuss in a pm and if we decided to bump it we would have him say "scathan approves". Dope

Doesn't seem like a bad idea.

But the threads should be worth it.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Gladiator

KingGuinness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: hence why we would need to discuss it before bumping and if the consensus was that the thread had potential we would then bump it

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TonyStark6999

Glad

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They're about equals, although I'd probably back Blue Marvel.

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Blue Marvel

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:

I want to focus on round 1 and I need to refer to 2 opponents in this analysis. Blue Marvel fought and defeated King Hyperion. It took 2 normal Hyperions to restrain / slow down King Hyperion as shown in Exiles. Gladiator was shown to have at best a modest advantage over a normal Hyperion when they faught in the one Avengers storyline. Since all the characters mentioned are very similar in power sets e.g. Super strength, super speed, invulnerability, energy projection, there should be no significant advantage Blue Marvel gained over King Hyperion in the combat to think that if Blue Marvel applied similar tactics against Gladiator he could not win.

One correction:

When Exiles defeated King Hyperion, he was de-powered to level in which he wasn't able to fly away from his Earth. After this comic he did nothing impresive.

His later apperances in Thunderbolts rather confirmed that point, than stand against it.

Incorrect. Before he has the last fight with Exiles and two Hyperions, KH explains his world and universe is dead. After he kills off his earth's superhumans, the government used nukes and whatever to try and kill him, but killed themselves too. KH was not weakened at all. After a long fight with KH, the two Hyperions were tiring.