Thor

No Caption Provided

Beta Ray Bill

No Caption Provided

Setting:

On an unpopulated Earth the size of Jupiter. Start 500ft apart

Rules:

Standard 616 Blue Marvel

Sentry (No Void or Death Seed but Stable)

Standard 616 Thor and Beta Ray Bill

Morals off

No BFR

Standard elimination

Any questions please ask

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What an unstable sentry did in Siege is more impressive than if he fought these two. Anyone on team 1 solos.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio @new_world_order @beaconofstrength @lvenger @frozen @thegrayghost @sophia89 @kingant27 @ghostravage @dondave

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Team 2.

I'm not backing down here.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@sophia89: Yeah, I've read most of his appearances. His best feats were fighting the Mighty Avengers(Mostly just Sentry), using anti-matter to damage the moon, and blowing through a weak Shuma Gorath.

Team 2 has the benefit of teamwork, and being overall more powerful.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel destroys the Multiverse with one gram of Anti-Matter, while Sentry kills TOAA

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can manipulate Anti-Matter too, although obviously Blue Marvel is more skilled and such with it. Thor has the power to take down Blue Marvel, even if he amplifies his punches with Anti-Matter, and Bill can take the Sentry, who's power level is all over the place.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Team 2 "handily".

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ultragreenboy

The Hammer Bros

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Anyone have scans for Blue Mavel? He's been popping up a lot in the battle forums, and I'm curious.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2. Bill is insanely powerful (I'd take him over Thor) combined with Thor should be enough to overpower Team 1.It'll be a good hard fight but together they are more powerful than Team 1.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dondave said:

Blue Marvel destroys the Multiverse with one gram of Anti-Matter, while Sentry kills TOAA

I'll admit this gave me a good chuckle.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Team 2.

For once you and I are in agreement on something. I'm not that impressed by a stable Sentry or Blue Marvel either. Not enough that they can beat The Hammer Bros.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hammer bros be hammering XD

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@lvenger said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Team 2.

For once you and I are in agreement on something. I'm not that impressed by a stable Sentry or Blue Marvel either. Not enough that they can beat The Hammer Bros.

No Caption Provided

Our temporary alliance still doesn't change the fact that Beta Ray is still fast.

;)

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In before sentry fanboys say he's omnipotent. Probably team 2

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Team 2.

No Caption Provided

Our temporary alliance still doesn't change the fact that Beta Ray is still fast.

;)

Yes well we'll see to that debate another day ;)

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2 wins

though it won't be an easy fight

6.5/10 team 2 wins

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karazyn
@lvenger said:

I'm not that impressed by a stable Sentry or Blue Marvel either. Not enough that they can beat The Hammer Bros.

why is it that people come up with such statements?

if this was the void instead of a stable sentry it would be a spite match, but a stable sentry, who has defeated void multiple times can't keep up with thor and beta ray bill... a stable sentry, who has defeated savage hulk in a matter of seconds, can't keep up with thor, even though thor has been defeated by savage hulk over and over again... a stable sentry, who has defeated absorbing man in a matter of seconds, can't keep up with thor, even though thor had many epic fights with absorbing man... a stable sentry, who recently two-shotted thor under the influence of the death seed, can't beat him now (it should be obvious that the death seed isn't that much of a boost, if we go by the fights of the other horsemen of death)

seriously stable sentry solos

an unstable sentry would put up a fight on his own, if we go by his showing against world war hulk, who would have demolished thor in a matter of minutes and the fight against ww hulk was one of sentrys lowest showings and it got only better from there on

sentry solos

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To close to decide; but I think the deciding factor is Sentry's Telepathy which a lot of people forget, due to comparing him too much to Superman.

I think TP may give Team 1 the edge, otherwise there are too many variables to consider; and it may come down to opinion.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: Sentry doesn't really use his telepathy often. I don't think he's used it in battle, either.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kingant27

@beaconofstrength: he has used it in a battle situation, and if he realises that they are matching him, or surpassing him etc; why can he not use it, his TP gets downplayed so much yet Arthur has very few TP showings and it gets used against characters.

He is stated by Emma Frost to be the most powerful Telepath on Marvel Earth.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: He didn't use it when he was in tight situations before, and I don't see him using now.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: He used it against Super Adaptoid, who essentially is Amazo; except he doesn't get there weaknesses to.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@mezame said:

@lvenger said:

I'm not that impressed by a stable Sentry or Blue Marvel either. Not enough that they can beat The Hammer Bros.

why is it that people come up with such statements?

if this was the void instead of a stable sentry it would be a spite match, but a stable sentry, who has defeated void multiple times can't keep up with thor and beta ray bill... a stable sentry, who has defeated savage hulk in a matter of seconds, can't keep up with thor, even though thor has been defeated by savage hulk over and over again... a stable sentry, who has defeated absorbing man in a matter of seconds, can't keep up with thor, even though thor had many epic fights with absorbing man... a stable sentry, who recently two-shotted thor under the influence of the death seed, can't beat him now (it should be obvious that the death seed isn't that much of a boost, if we go by the fights of the other horsemen of death)

seriously stable sentry solos

an unstable sentry would put up a fight on his own, if we go by his showing against world war hulk, who would have demolished thor in a matter of minutes and the fight against ww hulk was one of sentrys lowest showings and it got only better from there on

sentry solos

Sentry only defeats Void due to the convenience of the plot and the fact that he's the ying to the Void's yang. He does NOT defeat Void because of having better feats (which he doesn't by the way.) Show me Sentry defeating Hulk in a matter of seconds because last I checked, it was Sentry's plot induced calming aura which enables him to quickly beat Hulk, not superior physicals or speed. Additionally, using the "Thor has been beaten by Hulk or had trouble with Absorbing Man" argument is a flawed and baseless argument. And The Death Seed is clearly a massive amp since Sentry could not defeat Thor that quickly without being amped in the first place. There's not a shred of evidence you have to back up your blatantly wrong claim whereas there is evidence to back up mine. For starters, Hulk amped by the War Seed was capable of stopping Juggernaut's unstoppable momentum. And Wolverine amped by the Death Seed nearly killed Hulk. So sorry but you're completely wrong in saying the Death Seed doesn't amp Sentry by a huge factor.

And it's quite frankly laughable that you overhype Sentry's showing against WWH by saying Thor would have been demolished. Thor is more powerful, versatile and hits harder than Sentry so he would have had a much better chance than Sentry did against WWH. You want to know why people say such statements? It's because the evidence and reasoning clearly demonstrates that Sentry is not as powerful as you fanboys make him out to be. Without the Death Seed or Void, Sentry doesn't have the feats to match up to The Hammer Bros and there hasn't been any proof I've found which has convinced me otherwise.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very close, team 2 have team work; but team 1 is a bit more powerful there's no weak link here, I think it comes down to opinion.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Sentry only defeats Void due to the convenience of the plot

that's a weird argument, because the same can be said for the majority of comic book fights
sentry has defeated the void multiple times, which means that he has established himself as the superior persona in serious fights

@lvenger said:

and the fact that he's the ying to the Void's yang.

what kind of a fact is that, lol?

@lvenger said:

Additionally, using the "Thor has been beaten by Hulk or had trouble with Absorbing Man" argument is a flawed and baseless argument.

why is it a flawed and baseless argument? because you can't counter it? sounds like that

@lvenger said:

And it's quite frankly laughable that you overhype Sentry's showing against WWH by saying Thor would have been demolished. Thor is more powerful, versatile and hits harder than Sentry so he would have had a much better chance than Sentry did against WWH.

http://hero-envy.blogspot.de/2011/09/hulk-vs-thor.html

thor goes even with savage hulk... he wins some, he loses some and at his worst he has stalemated professor hulk
what makes you think that thor could keep up with ww hulk? according to the writer of that arc thor would have had a tough time in that fight even though he had the odin force

@lvenger said:

It's because the evidence and reasoning clearly demonstrates that Sentry is not as powerful as you fanboys make him out to be. Without the Death Seed or Void, Sentry doesn't have the feats to match up to The Hammer Bros and there hasn't been any proof I've found which has convinced me otherwise.

i think the actual problem is that the character is being downgrade by people, who refuse to take his high end feats into consideration

i'm one of the people who think that sentry was weakened during his fight against ww hulk and i also think that it was him who beat molecule man and not the void
if i have the chance to choose between a fanboy downgrading a character in order to make him look bad at battle boards and someone doing in depth coverage on a characters history, i'll side with the information of the second guy

why don't you check out a respect threat for starters? sentry's feats are much better than the feats of the void

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=585162&pagenumber=1

that respect thread is amazing... if you haven't checked it out, do it and if you still have your doubts in the end, then let's agree to disagre

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hammer Bros take this.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bill and the Beta ray bill clone with blonde hair lol :}

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lvenger

@mezame: Seen that respect thread already. Why do you think I made the comments I do? I wasn't uninformed about The Sentry's capabilities when I made that statement, I knew about that thread already. But I don't rate Sentry's physical stats to be higher than The Hammer Bros or DC powerhouses like Superman or Wonder Woman. It was Void who beat Molecule Man and it was a total PIS feat which I go into a great deal in a recent CAV. And GhostRavage, one of the site's top Hulk experts, explains why the Sentry vs WWH fight contains context that needs clarifying on this CAV link. So I'm afraid I'm not easily convinced by the lack of evidence present for the claim that Void, not Sentry, defeated Molecule Man and that Sentry was weakened immensely whilst fighting WWH. Both those arguments lack the substantial backing to be taken seriously.

So either I can proceed to debunk your points that give Sentry's powers more credit than they deserve or we can agree to disagree.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Is anyone opened minded enough to accept there are characters stronger then Thor and Superman?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@teerack said:

Is anyone opened minded enough to accept there are characters stronger then Thor and Superman?

Yes but there's no proof Sentry and Blue Marvel are such characters. Feats>statements and the context of a lot of Blue Marvel and Sentry feats are over exaggerated and misinterpreted.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@lvenger said:

@teerack said:

Yes but there's no proof Sentry and Blue Marvel are such characters. Feats>statements and the context of a lot of Blue Marvel and Sentry feats are over exaggerated and misinterpreted.

There is also no proof of anyone being open minded enough.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@lvenger said:

@teerack said:

There is also no proof of anyone being open minded enough.

I've discussed and explained why Sentry and Blue Marvel's feats aren't up to Thor and BRB's level for me as well as supporting it with examples, citations of other expert debaters and utilising logic on some of the overblown feats. If you think that doesn't count as open mindedness then feel free to call me out on it but as it stands, I believe I'm fulfilling the criteria of open minded discussion thus far.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Karazyn
@lvenger said:

So either I can proceed to debunk your points that give Sentry's powers more credit than they deserve

i can't argue with someone, who makes such claims:

"Void's main trump card, molecular manipulation, is based on a faulty representation of Molecule Man's power when he has consistently shown feats that would enable him to annihilate Surfer and Void at the same time with ease. Therefore, this is PIS evidence that cannot be used as a reliable presentation of Void's power."

it is clear as day that you choose to go with what you want to be the case
way too stubborn to engage in a debate with
also judging by your hulk expert ghostravage hulk would barely lose any fights and doesn't have a speed disadvantage against anyone, because he moves so fast that he is a blur on panel, lol

i could name dr. dooms feats of him withstanding attacks of an empowered captain britain, hulk, thor, silver surfer even galactus and bring up sentry's feats of destroying doctor dooms shields on two different occasions and you would try finding a way to downgrade that feat, even though it's an insanely high showing

i could name absorbing mans feats of him absorbing the powers of hulk and thor and beating them in duels, or him being able to absorb odin's magic and bring up sentry's feat of impressing absorbing man with a fraction of his power and finally giving him more power than he can handle, while unleashing and you would try finding a way to downgrade that feat as well

you're downgrading that character and one look at your post history shows me that you're not doing it for the first time and also that you're not doing it to only that character

yeah, let's agree to disagree... bye

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will give it to bm and sentry.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lvenger

@mezame: Yeah way to jump to faulty conclusions about my debating based on my post history. Note that I didn't discount what you had to say just because you only have 18 posts, I discussed it and pointed out your errors. But if you're going for low blows like this, I can certainly tell that you're not a credible debater in the least and someone I don't have to take seriously in the slightest. You're not the one who was voted into the debater's Hall of Fame or often considered one of the site's most respectable debaters. Try learning the ropes a bit more round here before you make blatantly incorrect and silly accusations like you are on the battle forums otherwise those that know what they're talking about can show you up with ease.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By adamTRMM

The Hammer Brahs, while Sentry and BM have some very impressive feats, I still think Thor and Bill play at a higher level.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 wins handily. Neither Blue Marvel nor Sentry are on par with Thor or Bill in any aspect except versaility which Sentry can't even control. Team 2 is overall stronger, more durable, more versatile and hit much harder. The only advantage team 1 has is Sentry's speed which he isn't consistent or skilled at using like Superman or Flash.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lvenger

@highaccuser said:

Team 2 wins handily. Neither Blue Marvel nor Sentry are on par with Thor or Bill in any aspect except versaility which Sentry can't even control. Team 2 is overall stronger, more durable, more versatile and hit much harder. The only advantage team 1 has is Sentry's speed which he isn't consistent or skilled at using like Superman or Flash.

Couldn't agree more on this post.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@highaccuser said:

Couldn't agree more on this post.

because he is downgrading just like you?

sentrys speed advantage alone is a major game changer in this battle

i don't see a reason why a guy, who repairs a tower in one panel can't use the same speed to punch thor multiple times in the face before thor can even react

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180797-2.jpg

or use that speed to approach thor and punch him in the face before he can react to it

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2179458-4.jpg

that's the sentry appearing behind punisher before punisher was able to finish a thought

and here we have the sentry destroying asgard before thor can do anything to prevent him from doing it

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180717-8.jpg

but you probably come up with the fight between sentry and hulk in order to downgrade the character and state that since the sentry didn't use his speed against ww hulk he doesn't have a speed advantage at all
but at the same time you ignore how juggernaut kept on running, when hulk dodged, darwin teleported away, ghost rider left, zom stopped fighting and sentry only used his energy projection in the fight while totally forgetting about the 20 other powers he has... all of which happened for the sake of the plot and hulks success

neither hulk, nor thor, nor beta ray bill operate on the speeds sentry operates on but for some reason sentry gets stomped while that same speed advantage over the marvels works wonders for superman, wonder woman and black adam

double standards

but yeah i'm not going to engage in a debate with you, because your one of the worst kinds of debaters on any forums... i would rather have 18 posts instead of 18.000 if i would still be the one who didn't downgrade or lowball characters

bye now seriously

Marvelous_3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Marvelous_3212

@lvenger: Stable minded Sentry, who was only around for a very short time (mostly in Reborn), is the only person that has beaten the Void in a straight up battle. This wasn't the Siege Void either, this was the Void that had full access to his powers ( no sentry holding him back). If it is a completely stable (no void) Sentry then he wins. He has never lost to anyone before. If It's its a completely free Void (in a separate body than the Sentry) then he will win as well. If it's an unstable Sentry (has the Void persona inside him) then Thor wins.

The sentry is the strongest hero in Marvel. This is why it's been stated by many characters, it's been stated by his marvel Bio, and "the most powerful hero in the universe" is stated on his comics. Do you have any scans of Thor or Bill being called the most powerful of anything? You can call it garbage if you want. But show me some garbage that says Thor is the strongest. There are more thor fans than anyone on this website so it's pointless even trying to get my point across.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelous_3212: Feats>statements and Thor and BRB have superior feats to Sentry without Void or the Death Seed. Can Sentry hit hard enough to survive planets, survive in the core of a star, fire blasts that can overpower Heralds or harm even cosmic entities like Galactus? The answer is clearly no.

Marvelous_3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: your argument is very weak.

First of all, the Sentry stalemated galactus (confirmed by marvel), although we don't know the what was going on. Other than this.. He hasn't met any cosmic entities. So neither one of us could say yes or no. 2, sentry was the only person that could take hits from WWH so yeah he can definitely survive hits. He also took hits from Thor like he was a joke. 3, the sentry tried killing himself by throwning himself into the sun, which didn't kill him. So yeah he can survive a star. And overpower heralds? Umm yes. He only met one (terrax) and he embarrassed him.

Do you have anything on Thor being the strongest? I'm guessing no. Thor has net been impressive, he's either had help or he's used someone else's powers to get a job done. sentry solos with very little effort.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelous_3212: Well you're the prime example of what the other guy I was just debating with accused me of. If you actually think Sentry stalemated Galactus, then I refuse to talk any further with someone who uses that as legitimate proof of Sentry's abilities.

Marvelous_3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: how about the Sentry beating the Molecule Man? The molecule man could turn galactus into a fart.

Who has thor beaten, by himself, that would give him any credit in this fight?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ssj_god

these days, 1 or 2 guys are making fake multiple accounts and trying to gain number advantage to debate for sentry.. which i don't know why.. if your argument is strong, you won't need to use multiple accounts to gain number advantage in opinions (though even after using multiple accounts.. you still get outnumbered everywhere on this topic)