#1  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Copy

I'm actual not sure. Blue beetle has the power to kill him. But superman is suppose to be a boy scout and I'm sure he wouldn't hurt a kid.
Post Edited:2007-12-08 18:33:31

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

At the moment, Blue Beetle's true power is a little undefined. However, in the last issue he suggested that he may well have the fire power to take out the Spectre. He didn't use it because they're well into WMD power levels and he doesn't want to kill people. No holds barred would definitely be Blue Beetle if that's true. Since neither of them are killers, I'd say Superman because he has more non-lethal options (I haven't read the other thread).

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Copy

here is the proof for static comment.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Static Shock

Blue Beetle's armor can discharge Kryptonite radiation. That's all I gotta say...

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Copy

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"At the moment, Blue Beetle's true power is a little undefined. However, in the last issue he suggested that he may well have the fire power to take out the Spectre. He didn't use it because they're well into WMD power levels and he doesn't want to kill people. No holds barred would definitely be Blue Beetle if that's true. Since neither of them are killers, I'd say Superman because he has more non-lethal options (I haven't read the other thread)."

Its been stated that the scarab would kill if it can. But Jaime is the only one who stops it from killing. In the issue with guy and Jamie fighting that guy who made them blind Jamie stated that there are three people with them. And the he is the only one stopping the scarab. So if he let the scarab loose in this battle I believe its possible for him to win. But just normal Jaime I am unsure.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Dude, as of now, Blue Beetle is officially one of my favorite characters.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Copy

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"That's why I said Beetle would win if it's all in. The Spectre is way more powerful than Superman. Everyone in the recent Blue Beetle comic just assumed he was out of his league too. It's at the end he tells his dad and Paco that the scarab was giving him increasingly more devestating options. If he really can nuke the Spectre, then Superman is no trouble."

I have to get that comic. And I think bb is going to win this fight.

Static Shock says:

"Dude, as of now, Blue Beetle is officially one of my favorite characters."

Yea. He is awesome.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

That's why I said Beetle would win if it's all in. The Spectre is way more powerful than Superman. Everyone in the recent Blue Beetle comic just assumed he was out of his league too. It's at the end he tells his dad and Paco that the scarab was giving him increasingly more devestating options. If he really can nuke the Spectre, then Superman is no trouble.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Superman every time. Even if Superman acts like he does in comics and let's BB hit him with a kryptonite ray, it wouldn't stop him. It might hurt, might slow him down, but unless it's some ridiculous level of attack (higher than anything he's shown thus far, and as such, impossible to prove he could pull off) it's just going to tell Supes not to get hit again. With his super speed it would be very easy to avoid any attack BB could launch or has launched yet, and then he just needs to pummel him into unconsciousness (or just flick him in the forehead). BB's powerful for a hero of his type and a great character, but he hasn't shown anything to put him on Superman's level yet. He's alluded to powerful weaponry, but he hasn't shown it at this point in time. And like I said in the other thread, just because the armor thinks an attack should work, doesn't mean it will (as shown against the Spectre already).

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Apparition

Buckshot says:

"Superman every time. Even if Superman acts like he does in comics and *let's* BB hit him with a kryptonite ray, it wouldn't stop him. It might hurt, might slow him down, but unless it's some ridiculous level of attack (higher than anything he's shown thus far, and as such, impossible to prove he could pull off) it's just going to tell Supes not to get hit again. With his super speed it would be very easy to avoid any attack BB could launch or has launched yet, and then he just needs to pummel him into unconsciousness (or just flick him in the forehead). BB's powerful for a hero of his type and a great character, but he hasn't shown anything to put him on Superman's level yet. He's alluded to powerful weaponry, but he hasn't shown it at this point in time. And like I said in the other thread, just because the armor thinks an attack should work, doesn't mean it will (as shown against the Spectre already). "

nice avatar! oh and great points

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Copy

Buckshot says:

"Superman every time. Even if Superman acts like he does in comics and *let's* BB hit him with a kryptonite ray, it wouldn't stop him. It might hurt, might slow him down, but unless it's some ridiculous level of attack (higher than anything he's shown thus far, and as such, impossible to prove he could pull off) it's just going to tell Supes not to get hit again. With his super speed it would be very easy to avoid any attack BB could launch or has launched yet, and then he just needs to pummel him into unconsciousness (or just flick him in the forehead). BB's powerful for a hero of his type and a great character, but he hasn't shown anything to put him on Superman's level yet. He's alluded to powerful weaponry, but he hasn't shown it at this point in time. And like I said in the other thread, just because the armor thinks an attack should work, doesn't mean it will (as shown against the Spectre already). "
Would flicking beetle really knock him out? I agree with almost every thing you said, but would superman really try to hurt a kid or would flicking him really knock him out? Doesn't the armor give him some form of protection? I mean superman holds back his strenght a lot. So thats why I asked. But your post does make me think superman would win.
Post Edited:2007-12-08 18:58:19
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

Uh-oh. There goes Buck, with that 'master plan' sh!t. :P

But, anyway, you're right.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Methos

quick question to the Blue Beetle fans out there...

has any more been said about the Scarabs relation to the Green Lanterns and the Sinestro Corps?

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Copy

Methos says:

"quick question to the Blue Beetle fans out there... has any more been said about the Scarabs relation to the Green Lanterns and the Sinestro Corps? M"

The last time I heard of the realtionship the scarab has with gl corps was when guy filled him in about a war going on between them. Oh and the green lantern ring calls him a monster. I have a pic give me a sec.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Copy

Methos says:

"Copy says:
"The last time I heard of the realtionship the scarab has with gl corps was when guy filled him in about a war going on between them. Oh and the green lantern ring calls him a monster. I have a pic give me a sec."
cheers... theres going to a big story there somewhere, i can feel it lol M"

Yea, lol. And here is the pic

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Copy says:

"Buckshot says:

Would flicking beetle really knock him out? I agree with almost every thing you said, but would superman really try to hurt a kid or would flicking him really knock him out? Doesn't the armor give him some form of protection?"

Bart Allen punched BB multiple times, making him bleed. And, thats with the armor on. So, there's no doubt that a flick to the forehead from Supes would knock him out cold.

Post Edited:2007-12-08 19:00:44

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

Copy says:

"The last time I heard of the realtionship the scarab has with gl corps was when guy filled him in about a war going on between them. Oh and the green lantern ring calls him a monster. I have a pic give me a sec."

cheers...

theres going to a big story there somewhere, i can feel it lol

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Copy

Post Deleted.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Copy

Post Deleted.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Copy

Static Shock says:

"Copy says:
"Buckshot says:
Would flicking beetle really knock him out? I agree with almost every thing you said, but would superman really try to hurt a kid or would flicking him really knock him out? Doesn't the armor give him some form of protection?"
Bart Allen punched BB multiple times, making him bleed. And, thats with the armor on. So, it's there's no doubt that a flick to the forehead from Supes would knock him out cold. "

Alright thanks. Thats all I need to know. So supes wins.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Copy

Methos says:

"Copy says:
"Methos says:
"Copy says:
cheers" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/5000/4438/20122-blue-beetle_400.jpg"
cheers :D yeah, there's definitely got to be a reason why the GL ring AI calls him a monster M"

Yea. I'll scan the pics of the sceen in the comic if you want. And I'll pm it to you. Do you want me to?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Methos

Copy says:

"Methos says:
"Copy says:

" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/5000/4438/20122-blue-beetle_400.jpg"

cheers :D

yeah, there's definitely got to be a reason why the GL ring AI calls him a monster

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Methos

Copy says:

"Yea. I'll scan the pics of the sceen in the comic if you want. And I'll pm it to you. Do you want me to?"

which issue is it?

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Copy

Methos says:

"Copy says:
"Yea. I'll scan the pics of the sceen in the comic if you want. And I'll pm it to you. Do you want me to?"
which issue is it? M "

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

cheers

I'll pick it up on monday :D

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Methos

promo picture actually, of Anise for the Tok'ra

M

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methos says:

"cheersI'll pick it up on monday :DM"

Your avatar is from Stargate :)

Just felt like pointing it out.

Fourth season probably...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Copy says:

"Would flicking beetle really knock him out? I agree with almost every thing you said, but would superman really try to hurt a kid or would flicking him really knock him out? Doesn't the armor give him some form of protection? I mean superman holds back his strenght a lot. So thats why I asked. But your post does make me think superman would win.
Post Edited:2007-12-08 18:58:19"

The flick thing was just to show that Superman probably wouldn't have to exert himself very much. I don't know if a flick would be enough, but that wasn't really the point I was making.

Methos says:

"quick question to the Blue Beetle fans out there...has any more been said about the Scarabs relation to the Green Lanterns and the Sinestro Corps?M"

The Reach (the race that made the armor) are enemies of the Guardians. They fought a lot and eventually made a truce. The terms were basically that the Reach aren't allowed to take over cultures anymore (which they still do, but secretly). That's basically why the armor reacts badly when GLs are around (and why rings try to kill BB), it's because they're old enemies and while the actual creators don't fight anymore, the weapons still clash.

Static Shock says:

"Bart Allen punched BB multiple times, making him bleed. And, thats with the armor on. So, there's no doubt that a flick to the forehead from Supes would knock him out cold."

Superman is much stronger than any Flash and has comparable speed. Just because some punches from a teenaged speedster didn't kill him, doesn't mean Superman couldn't take him down with a finger. Anyway, see the first part of this post.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"The Reach (the race that made the armor) are enemies of the Guardians. They fought a lot and eventually made a truce. The terms were basically that the Reach aren't allowed to take over cultures anymore (which they still do, but secretly). That's basically why the armor reacts badly when GLs are around (and why rings try to kill BB), it's because they're old enemies and while the actual creators don't fight anymore, the weapons still clash."

thanks for that info...

might explain a bit more coming upto the Light War... wonder if The Reach are going to step up to bat with the Controllers and the Zamorrans coming out of the shadows...

could be interesting

M

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Golem

Static Shock says:

"Dude, as of now, Blue Beetle is officially one of my favorite characters."

He was mine too since the comic started

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"thanks for that info...might explain a bit more coming upto the Light War... wonder if The Reach are going to step up to bat with the Controllers and the Zamorrans coming out of the shadows...could be interestingM"

First thought after your post was of the Reach making a blue ring to combat the green ones, but that's just silly. Right?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Methos

doesn't have to be a ring... just some way of using Blue Energy...

the Zamorrans don't use a ring, neither do the Controllers (as far as i know anyway)

could be the blue energy is what they use to power the armor

M

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Golem

Buckshot says:

"Methos says:
" thanks for that info... might explain a bit more coming upto the Light War... wonder if The Reach are going to step up to bat with the Controllers and the Zamorrans coming out of the shadows... could be interesting M"
First thought after your post was of the Reach making a blue ring to combat the green ones, but that's just silly. Right?"

Not from what ive read

The reach allied with sinestro, and each combined with the other's tech to make this beast. The Reach, most likely, took the ring schematics, and can develop their own.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Methos

Golem says:

"The reach allied with sinestro, and each combined with the other's tech to make this beast. The Reach, most likely, took the ring schematics, and can develop their own."

eyebrows reach previously unknown heights

prey tell, where did you read this?

M

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Golem

Methos says:

"Golem says:
"The reach allied with sinestro, and each combined with the other's tech to make this beast. The Reach, most likely, took the ring schematics, and can develop their own."
***eyebrows reach previously unknown heights*** prey tell, where did you read this? M"

Issue 20, Sinestro's Reach. A spioler alert scarab implanted into Peacemaker eariler activates after a Sinestro Corper dies, and sends him the ring. They activate and take control of him, after the reach higher ups visit earth. Presumably, knowing the reach, they gleamed the schematics, as the beetle did return to them.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"***eyebrows reach previously unknown heights***M"

lol

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sparda

Based on these scans, BB is intriguing me greatly. Does he have his own regular series?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sparda

Copy says:

"Sparda says:
"Based on these scans, BB is intriguing me greatly. Does he have his own regular series?"

yea"

Heads off to start downloading

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Methos

the more i think about that, the more it doesn't ring true...

i can't see Sinestro giving the specs of the ring over to anyone, least of all a possible enemy. he's too intelligent for that.

also, on a separate note, how advanced are the Reach? i can't see them being on The Guardians, Controllers or Zamorrans level of technology and not have appeared as a major force in the universe yet, especially if they had the specs of a power ring at their disposal.

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Copy

Sparda says:

"Based on these scans, BB is intriguing me greatly. Does he have his own regular series?"

yea

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Methos

Golem says:

"Issue 20, Sinestro's Reach. A *spioler alert* scarab implanted into Peacemaker eariler activates after a Sinestro Corper dies, and sends him the ring. They activate and take control of him, after the reach higher ups visit earth. Presumably, knowing the reach, they gleamed the schematics, as the beetle did return to them."

hmmm... did some research on them...

i'm guessing this is a major retcon then, if The Reach are so powerful that The Guardians made a nonaggression pact with them, that already puts them on The New God's level of power...

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Copy

Methos says:

"Golem says:
"Issue 20, Sinestro's Reach. A *spioler alert* scarab implanted into Peacemaker eariler activates after a Sinestro Corper dies, and sends him the ring. They activate and take control of him, after the reach higher ups visit earth. Presumably, knowing the reach, they gleamed the schematics, as the beetle did return to them. "
hmmm... did some research on them... i'm guessing this is a major retcon then, if The Reach are so powerful that The Guardians made a nonaggression pact with them, that already puts them on The New God's level of power... M"

Well when they make an armor that has some gl rings abilities and a lot of it own what do you suspect? lol

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Golem

They seem to be coming up in power and prominence, as they were even considered a threat by Batman in Teen Titans 50/Blue Beetle 20. I hope this leads to final crisis somehow.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Methos

Copy says:

"Well when they make an armor that has some gl rings abilities and a lot of it own what do you suspect? lol"

i didn't expect them to be on a level where they could take Darkseid down lol

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Copy

Methos says:

"Copy says:
"Well when they make an armor that has some gl rings abilities and a lot of it own what do you suspect? lol"
i didn't expect them to be on a level where they could take Darkseid down lol M "

The reach are pretty powerful. I guess they wanted to make an enemy to the gl that didn't have a ring.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Methos

I'll look into it more :D

M

Darth Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Darth Balls

Supes THrows him at the sun.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Nighthunter

BB wins easily

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Methos says:

"Copy says:
i didn't expect them to be on a level where they could take Darkseid down lol M "

From most of the comics I've read lately, I could take on Darkseid with a rolled up newspaper. DC really need to re-establish his badassiness.

Buckshot says:

"Bart Allen punched BB multiple times, making him bleed. And, thats with the armor on. So, there's no doubt that a flick to the forehead from Supes would knock him out cold.
Post Edited:2007-12-08 19:00:44"

Technically, the speed Bart was hitting him, it wouldn't matter if it was Superman punching. Punching at near light speed would be hitting with a near infinite mass. That was Beetle off-guard, later, as the fight continues, BB uses an energy bubble to protect himself andstuns Bart as he tries to breach it. I still maintain that if they both square up for an all out fight, then BB takes it. Superman wins if we take character into account as neither Jaime or Superman will kill and Superman is used to weilding his powers in nonlethal ways.