Blue Beetle vs Night Owl II

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) vs Night Owl II (Dan Dreiberg)

....VS....

Both bloodlusted, standard equipment. Both have basic knowledge of the other. Fighting in a cemetery, start 10m apart.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ComicStooge

Blue Beetle wins, due to actually having feats.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@ComicStooge said:

Like what?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ferro Vida
@WillPayton said:

@ComicStooge said:

Like what?

Anything, really. Nite Owl has none.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

@WillPayton said:

@ComicStooge said:

Like what?

Anything, really. Nite Owl has none.

Just one then.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By willpayton

So people say Beetle wins because of all the feats, but no one can give even a single feat.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Zoom
@WillPayton said:

So people say Beetle wins because of all the feats, but no one can give even a single feat.

And everyone demanding feats hasn't read JLI, Booster Gold or even the one shot where Beetle died.  He's got better feats in almost any given issue he's in than Nite Owl has in total.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By willpayton

@Zoom said:

@WillPayton said:

And everyone demanding feats hasn't read JLI, Booster Gold or even the one shot where Beetle died. He's got better feats in almost any given issue he's in than Nite Owl has in total.

That's not the point. People who claim there are feats should at least be willing to describe some feats, even if they cant point to an actual issue or post scans. You cant just say "character X has all kinds of feats, therefore he wins" without giving any evidence to back it up. That's not a rational argument, that's just making unsupported claims. If people arent aware of that characters feats, so what? Do you expect everyone to have read every comic book ever written?

If you're so knowledgeable, stop telling people how un-knowledgeable they are, and start providing some evidence to support your claims.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Zoom
@WillPayton said:

@Zoom said:

@WillPayton said:

And everyone demanding feats hasn't read JLI, Booster Gold or even the one shot where Beetle died. He's got better feats in almost any given issue he's in than Nite Owl has in total.

That's not the point. People who claim there are feats should at least be willing to describe some feats, even if they cant point to an actual issue or post scans. You cant just say "character X has all kinds of feats, therefore he wins" without giving any evidence to back it up. That's not a rational argument, that's just making unsupported claims. If people arent aware of that characters feats, so what? Do you expect everyone to have read every comic book ever written?

If you're so knowledgeable, stop telling people how un-knowledgeable they are, and start providing some evidence to support your claims.

Here, let me go scan my comic book collection so that I can tell you something you already know....
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By willpayton

@Zoom said:

Here, let me go scan my comic book collection so that I can tell you something you already know....

Look, I'm not disagreeing that Beetle wins. Actually, I really like him as a character and I think he wins too. I was just hoping someone would post at least one feat to support it. I dont have any scans because I'm not a huge comic collector, otherwise I'd do so myself. I also dont think it's unreasonable to ask for a feat, or scan, or other reasoning to back up why something thinks a character wins. I mean, if you think they win then fair enough, but that's not a convincing argument for someone else.

Heavy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Heavy1

@willpayton: I found this and hope it helps some

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/36ck2d/respect_ted_kord_the_blue_beetle_postcrisis/?st=j04fraiu&sh=0271460d