#1 Posted by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

    
VS 
    
 
Fight takes place on the Earth's moon. No retreating or prep allowed. Random encounter, both are bloodlusted. Hulk is at his standard power set (no World War Hulk or anything like that). 
Who wins? 
 
#2 Posted by Fist_of_Mandalore (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. I don't know that much about Blue Beetle. So maybe I'm underestimating him, but how exactly is he supposed to beat that tank.

#3 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

beetle

#4 Posted by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fist_of_Mandalore:
Blue Beetle's armor is able to adapt to different situations. For example, if he's fighting Superman, the suit can generate Kryptonite radiation and have Kryptonite weapons.
#5 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#6 Posted by PsychoJack (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

@Fist_of_Mandalore: Blue Beetle's armor is able to adapt to different situations. For example, if he's fighting Superman, the suit can generate Kryptonite radiation and have Kryptonite weapons.

So what your saying is that Blue Beetle can adapt to the situation by making his armor stronger and more durable to the point where he can take on the Hulk or somehow suck the gamma radiation out of his body? Idk, the Hulk would still be too strong for him.

#7 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoJack said:

@TheBatman586 said:

@Fist_of_Mandalore: Blue Beetle's armor is able to adapt to different situations. For example, if he's fighting Superman, the suit can generate Kryptonite radiation and have Kryptonite weapons.

So what your saying is that Blue Beetle can adapt to the situation by making his armor stronger and more durable to the point where he can take on the Hulk or somehow suck the gamma radiation out of his body? Idk, the Hulk would still be too strong for him.

Blue Beetle takes this

#8 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@PsychoJack said:

@TheBatman586 said:

@Fist_of_Mandalore: Blue Beetle's armor is able to adapt to different situations. For example, if he's fighting Superman, the suit can generate Kryptonite radiation and have Kryptonite weapons.

So what your saying is that Blue Beetle can adapt to the situation by making his armor stronger and more durable to the point where he can take on the Hulk or somehow suck the gamma radiation out of his body? Idk, the Hulk would still be too strong for him.

Blue Beetle takes this

#9 Posted by tparks (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was WWH, I would give it to Hulk. Blue Beetle is too much for standard Hulk. Blue Beetle wins 7 out of 10.

#10 Posted by crabtree (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk kills him.

#11 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle has a chance

#12 Edited by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle is by no means omnipotent, but he is extremely powerful because of his adaptation, defense against almost everything and can shoot lazers out the ass. If it would go bloodlusted It could be a huge threat to whole justice league.

#13 Posted by Jbhdbc (145 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#14 Posted by inchiso (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jbhdbc said:

BB
#15 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@PsychoJack said:

@TheBatman586 said:

@Fist_of_Mandalore: Blue Beetle's armor is able to adapt to different situations. For example, if he's fighting Superman, the suit can generate Kryptonite radiation and have Kryptonite weapons.

So what your saying is that Blue Beetle can adapt to the situation by making his armor stronger and more durable to the point where he can take on the Hulk or somehow suck the gamma radiation out of his body? Idk, the Hulk would still be too strong for him.

Look for Cap. Universe Hulk story, there Hulk was weakned by delta radiation, that was said to be opposite to gamma one. IDK how does it work in real world, but in works in this way in MU.  I am not an expert about BB, but if he was able to project kryptonite radiation, he should be able to do the same with delta ones. 
Another way is drainning, but I am not sure if:
a)he can do it
b)it is in his character. 
 
@202122
@Jbhdbc
@inchiso
Even while I agree with You, try to explain Your opinion in further debates. It is really frustrating for opposite side when he is trying to explain something and people ignore this and just post one-two word answer.
#16 Edited by WarBlade539 (4759 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Beetle's best feats?

#17 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Beetle's best feats?

Personally, Jaime doesn't have a lot of huge victories against big name villains. I will say that his most impressive feats come from being able to survive. He survived against a blood lusted Guy Gardner without even trying to fight back. He survived a fight with Eclipso. He survived a fight with the Spectre (although, I think Spectre could've easily killed him if he wanted to). He survived a fight against Lobo. When Max Lord created a gun that could penetrate BB's armor, Jaime still survived a direct shot in the head. He survived a fight against Kyle Rayner, Bleez, and Glomulus. Reyes is just a teenager who has a suit that was created to destroy Green Lanterns. While he has the appropriate power set, his morals and ignorance hold him back from tapping into the scarab's full potential.

He's a superhero out of El Paso... not exactly a place full of A-list villains. Probably the best victory feat he pulled off would be him beating OMAC Prime, a foe who absorbed the powers of Captain Atom, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Ice, Fire, Rocket Red. That was only possible due to the fact that he corrupted OP's software, allowing him to destroy it without it regenerating. That's not exactly a tactic that would work against the Hulk... or would it? I honestly don't know because I have no idea how the scarab can manipulate biological structures. Blue Beetle is easily in my Top 3 superheroes, but I'll be the first to admit that his suit is 100% PIS material. I think Hulk could take out Jaime, but if the teenager somehow beats Hulk, then I wouldn't be surprised.

#18 Posted by WarBlade539 (4759 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak: Hmmm. Interesting. I have seen the Sceptre and Lobo 'fights' but I had to know what else he had. Allright, if this was Savage Hulk, Beetle might have a chance. He may find a way to BFR him or drain his gamma radiation. But if this were Green Scar, I doubt Beetle would win.

#19 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999

I think someone (Gladiator?) tried to drain Hulk's gamma radiation before but failed. Sorry, my memory is really fuzzy on that particular fight so I'm not sure why it failed. I actually just remembered that Blue Beetle can generate explosions at a nuclear level. His suit at times offered to use weapons that could potentially be planet-breaking. Obviously, Jaime adamantly declined due to morals, but since this is an isolated battlefield and he's bloodlusted, BB might stand a better chance than I initially gave him credit for.

#20 Posted by WarBlade539 (4759 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak:

A nuclear-level explosion? Think it can be of effect against Banner?

#21 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3446 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk pretty easily.

#22 Posted by Theorder14 (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle is rarely blood lusted but when he does, he can take about any1 in the Justice league.

So i say 8/10 for Blue Beetle

#23 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

You know, I'm really not sure. He's survived a gamma bomb before, which was was drawn to look like a nuclear explosion but Hulk was simply reversed back into Banner as a result. That was a loooong time ago so I dunno how he would do now. Would he be like Wolverine and get incinerated to a skeleton, only to regenerate? Could he regenerate from being a skeleton? His skin is far from impervious, but his healing factor (to me) is on par with Wolverine's.

#24 Edited by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

So do we have Green Scar versus Beetle or Savage Hulk versus Beetle (WWH is usually indicative of WorldBreaker). Okay so we have concluded that it is feasible to drain Hulk right? Red Hulk did it so I'm assuming that Beetle can as well, now with that being said what are his chances of bringing down Green Scar Hulk? There arent many times I remember him being completely knockedout so Jamie is going to have to step his shit up going against Hulk. I'm assuming that we cant BFR as their is no retreat. Jamie might be in for a tough bout here

#25 Edited by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk escapes from Dr. Doom's castle and takes a gamma bomb with him that Dr. Doom was going to use on Latveria. Dr. Doom detonates the bomb while the Hulk has it strapped to his back and the Hulk survives the blast in Incredible Hulk #144:

#26 Posted by comic_book_fan (5968 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks:

hulk had a hand full of feats in the 90's that rivaled his ww hulk feats like breaking a device designed to withstand attacks from celestials and destroying cities with his bare hands.

Online
#27 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Jaime has given total control over to the scarab in order to win fights before (i.e.- Parasite). If Hulk knocks out Jaime, would the suit continue to fight in his place? The scarab is proven to be a much more capable fighter than the wearer. Jaime even admits that his fighting skills suck (Tim Drake even points this out as politely as possible). While I'm currently on the fence with Jaime beating Hulk, I can definitely see the scarab beating the Hulk. The question is if it can operate while its wearer is unconscious.

#28 Posted by Darksider555 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

I know Jaime has given total control over to the scarab in order to win fights before (i.e.- Parasite). If Hulk knocks out Jaime, would the suit continue to fight in his place? The scarab is proven to be a much more capable fighter than the wearer. Jaime even admits that his fighting skills suck (Tim Drake even points this out as politely as possible). While I'm currently on the fence with Jaime beating Hulk, I can definitely see the scarab beating the Hulk. The question is if it can operate while its wearer is unconscious.

well if he enters infiltrator mode the scarab assumes control, heres the official description:

"When necessary, Jaime can have the Scarab take over in Infiltrator Mode. When this happens, the suit becomes taller, more muscular and grows spikes and allows the scarab to fight without Jaime's conscience as a restriction. This lets it fight more brutally. However, Jaime and the scarab do not like this and only resort to it in desperate situations."

#29 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@darksider555

Thanks for the info, but I'm still curious about the extent of the suit's control. Every time Jaime relinquishes his control, he is at least still fully conscious. There are times when he's been knocked out and the suit doesn't just take over and fight in his place. I suppose the question we should really be asking is "How much is the scarab dependent on its host?". We know that dead hosts can't be used since New Guardians #9-10 don't show Reach warriors getting back up. When Jaime's scarab's first host died, it didn't utilize his body similar to how the Nanosuit used Alcatraz's dead body in Crysis 2 (assuming anyone here has played it to understand the reference).

Actually, come to think of it, the only two times that I recall Jaime being knocked out were his fights against Doctor Polaris and Max Lord. With Polaris, his suit "killed" him in order to play possum. With Lord, his suit was busy repairing what would've been a fatal injury to the head. So yeah, I don't know what would happen if Jaime simply loses consciousness while still maintaining functional organ systems. *scratches head*

#30 Edited by NightwingX (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak: Have you read threshold? i believe he lost conscious there and the scarab took over, it went all berserk and tried to kill a green lantern

#31 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwingx:

No I haven't, but now I wish I did! I just assumed that BB was going to make a few cameos, but that ex-lantern guy was the main focus of the story. Now I feel like I'm missing out on some good Blue Beetle feats. :-(

#32 Posted by Mr_Explicit1 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaime Reyes does not have any powers that could do any real harm to the Hulk. And he has no feats to suggest he could.

#33 Posted by Darksider555 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

@darksider555

Thanks for the info, but I'm still curious about the extent of the suit's control. Every time Jaime relinquishes his control, he is at least still fully conscious. There are times when he's been knocked out and the suit doesn't just take over and fight in his place. I suppose the question we should really be asking is "How much is the scarab dependent on its host?". We know that dead hosts can't be used since New Guardians #9-10 don't show Reach warriors getting back up. When Jaime's scarab's first host died, it didn't utilize his body similar to how the Nanosuit used Alcatraz's dead body in Crysis 2 (assuming anyone here has played it to understand the reference).

Actually, come to think of it, the only two times that I recall Jaime being knocked out were his fights against Doctor Polaris and Max Lord. With Polaris, his suit "killed" him in order to play possum. With Lord, his suit was busy repairing what would've been a fatal injury to the head. So yeah, I don't know what would happen if Jaime simply loses consciousness while still maintaining functional organ systems. *scratches head*

no problem, :D

But im wondering one thing: can the scarab and the suit be controled by technopaths? I know that when Jaime is mind controled that the scarab takes over to protect both of them. So Im wondering can Jaime do the same?

#34 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a serious comic book site , I value real post, not by us post. And that's not a disrepect to the site just some of people on here

#35 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Well hulk anyway

#36 Edited by adhd_assassin (532 posts) - - Show Bio

im kinda on the fence on this one

hulk maybe?