Blue Beetle vs. Etrigan

• 64 results
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

@spiderbuck: Huh. Never seen that. Did see him break Alan's constructs though, so it doesn't make sense that he is bound by them there.

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It has to come down to badassery.

Jason is definitely more badass.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The demon

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By spiderbuck1

@joygirl said:

@spiderbuck: Huh. Never seen that. Did see him break Alan's constructs though, so it doesn't make sense that he is bound by them there.

Yeah there might be something more to the story that I'm missing but yeah that's a good point. Guy is a tough sob though, just having whooped Atrocitus, which is a great feat and something I don't know that even Hal can do on his own. We know Kyle couldn't.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Joygirl

@spiderbuck: Guy beating Atrocitus is the biggest piece of PIS possibly EVER. Atrocitus should have squashed him like the f***ing bug he is. In Emerald Knights Bleez was able to shatter Guy's constructs and showed herself to be more creative and powerful than him BEFORE her Blood Ocean dip. Everything going on with Guy right now is fanwankery by the writers who want to make their favorite the best, the same way they were doing it with Rankorr before the switch. Guy is, and will always be, at the very of the elite Lantern ladder. Beneath Bleez, beneath John, beneath Arkillo, possibly even beneath Carol Ferris -- whose constructs Atrocitus shattered like tissue paper.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Saren

Not really fond of Guy, even less fond of Atrocitus, but yeah, Guy crushing Atrocitus is horrible writing. Guy has always been the joke of the Lantern Corps; we're talking about a character who tried going toe-to-toe with Superman and couldn't even hurt Clark a bit until Supes got disgusted and left. Or we're talking about a character who was one-shotted by Batman. He's got a long list of humiliating showings to counteract things like thrashing Atrocitus.

What really amused me about that issue was how Rankorr somehow stalemated Atrocitus, Bleeze and a few other Reds all by himself. Poor Atros. How the mighty have fallen.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@spiderbuck: Guy beating Atrocitus is the biggest piece of PIS possibly EVER. Atrocitus should have squashed him like the f***ing bug he is. In Emerald Knights Bleez was able to shatter Guy's constructs and showed herself to be more creative and powerful than him BEFORE her Blood Ocean dip. Everything going on with Guy right now is fanwankery by the writers who want to make their favorite the best, the same way they were doing it with Rankorr before the switch. Guy is, and will always be, at the very of the elite Lantern ladder. Beneath Bleez, beneath John, beneath Arkillo, possibly even beneath Carol Ferris -- whose constructs Atrocitus shattered like tissue paper.

QFT

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: It's stuff like that that forced me to no longer read the title. And I am a huge Red Lantern fan. But once the focus shifted from the actual good characters to jackass humans, and suddenly those humans were the BESTESTEST RED LANTERNZZ EVUAR I couldn't bear the punishment anymore.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By spiderbuck1

haha, Guy is awesome. Stop trying to fight it :D

My guess is that he was able to defeat Atrocitus because he had full use of both green and red energy during the fight.

@mox gives a good explanation for why he was able to do so.

@mox said:

@Pulsar

said:

"

@DEGRAAF

said:

"i liked but didnt quite understand how he was able to use both the red and the green rings at the same time when it took over Hals green ring when he became a red lantern "
I think it's because his fury/rage is a large part of his willpower. Maybe I'm wrong, "

I could agree with this for the most part.

But the reason why I think he was able to use both was it showed the battle that he was having with in himself. He was consumed by raged but at the same time he was stronger willed and was attempting to fight it off, he was giving into the rage on one side of his body and on the other side he was fighting it though sheer will power. The two most powerful aspects of Guy Gardner. Just my thoughts on it. ^_^

@Ryonslaught

said:

" Red lantern Guy was 31 flavors of awesome!! loved every second of it

@Pulsar

said:

" @DEGRAAF said:
"i liked but didnt quite understand how he was able to use both the red and the green rings at the same time when it took over Hals green ring when he became a red lantern "
I think it's because his fury/rage is a large part of his willpower. Maybe I'm wrong, "

I think so too...besides we all know he's ten times the MAN hal is!!!
@Bobby X said:
" @Citizen 14 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" He's a badass at all times! "
Approved. "
triple-signed "
i fourple that "

What ever comes after foruple. That's where I am at ^_^

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bb wins

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Beetle.

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bump

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. Blue Beetle would win this.

Avatar image for deactivated-603506ba17b96
deactivated-603506ba17b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beeyle