• 61 results
#1 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

vs

Etrigan the Demon (Jason Blood)

-Morals OFF. Otherwise in character.

-No prep

-Fight takes place in New Jersey, the more destruction the better.

#2 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping the official "non-locked" duplicate thread. :D

#3 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Jaime winning with morals off. I could be persuaded, however.

#4 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan should win this.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Etrigan would win in a tough fight with Blue Beetle.
#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

etrigan should win

#7 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic>> Tech you do the math

#8 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic isn't always > Tech... BB has some pretty good stuff, and isn't he pretty beastly with morals off?

#9 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Magic isn't always > Tech... BB has some pretty good stuff, and isn't he pretty beastly with morals off?

Didn't Blue beetle have to team up with teen titans to go up against lobo in the past? While etrigan can and has fought on pretty even grounds against Lobo by himself.

#10 Posted by Rixec (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle can win. And magic is just another form of science, according to Batman. >)

#11 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

@Joygirl said:

Didn't Blue beetle have to team up with teen titans to go up against lobo in the past? While etrigan can and has fought on pretty even grounds against Lobo by himself.

That's morals on. Morals plays a big part with him because he's borderline omnipotent if he uses the suit's full powers.

#12 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Little bump to see how this handles on a second wave. I thought it was a good idea.

#13 Posted by crabtree (1618 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan

#14 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpz.

#15 Posted by TifaLockhart (13997 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep hearing about how powerful Blue Beetle is, but I'm not too familiar with him.

#16 Posted by XiiX (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

Etrigan should win this.

#17 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

I think Etrigan would win in a tough fight with Blue Beetle.
#18 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#19 Posted by Dark_Fang (545 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna give it to Etrigan.

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8016 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan Jamie is far too inexperienced.

#21 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

Jamie's handled Eclipso, and he has anti-magic tech. He used it against Spectre. (Although Spectre was far, far too powerful for it to work.) Added to that, he has nukes and claims he can "Turn the Planet to Cinders." I'm giving this one to Jamie, especially since the Scarab will be able to go all battle-computer on The Demon with moral off.

#22 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#23 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

BB's scarab has stated that magic is just another form of science IIRC. He has countered magic before. Just saying.

#24 Posted by TifaLockhart (13997 posts) - - Show Bio

Nukes wouldn't phase Etrigan.

#25 Edited by HigorM (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

The Morals OFF Etrigan will just burn BB into the ground..

#26 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7649 posts) - - Show Bio

blue beetle wins after good fight

#27 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm: BB can shield himself....and just fly away from the fire.

#28 Edited by HigorM (3518 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm: so etrigan once broke alan scotts shields?? ok??

#30 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

Jamie's handled Eclipso, and he has anti-magic tech. He used it against Spectre. (Although Spectre was far, far too powerful for it to work.) Added to that, he has nukes and claims he can "Turn the Planet to Cinders." I'm giving this one to Jamie, especially since the Scarab will be able to go all battle-computer on The Demon with moral off.

Jaime has also mentioned that the Scarab gets screwy around magic, though. Its effectiveness against magic is inconsistent, (it couldn't identify or properly counter some magically-summoned demons once), and the Spectre feat really proves nothing. How close was he to actually trapping Spectre? We don't know, so it's not a huge deal.

And you're also ignoring speed, which is a bad plan. Jaime has decent reaction feats, but nothing to put him on a level to counter a Superman-ish level speed blitz. Etrigan has reacted to a blitzing Superman. Advantage: The Demon.

Scarab's durability is okay, but one punch from Lobo winded him, and Etrigan is of comparable strength to Lobo and won't hesitate to pound on Jaime since morals are off. If the Scarab can arm something wacky like the Strong Force Negator and get a couple blasts off in time, BB might take a win. But he simply doesn't have the speed and durability to hold out against Etrigan, and his encounters with magic are inconsistent at best.

#31 Edited by HigorM (3518 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by HigorM (3518 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: are you arguing against yourself? o.O

#33 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

of course i know who he is. but his shields broke, is it THAT big a deal??? I dont think so

#34 Edited by HigorM (3518 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

im sure BB has done it before is all. He "beat" Guy Gardner on his first day as BB when he didnt know what he was doing. this is morals off. Scarab gave Jaime options on which weapons to use on the Spectre but Jaime refused to use them. BB is no joke. I havnt stated who I think would win. I'm just saying

#36 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

I'm winning, though.

im sure BB has done it before is all. He "beat" Guy Gardner on his first day as BB when he didnt know what he was doing. this is morals off. Scarab gave Jaime options on which weapons to use on the Spectre but Jaime refused to use them. BB is no joke. I havnt stated who I think would win. I'm just saying

He couldn't break Guy's shields in that encounter, though. He cracked one, but he got dominated anyway. I know that he wasn't as experienced, but still. And Alan Scott is leagues above anything Guy has ever done. Breaking his constructs isn't the pinnacle of all feats, but it's still very impressive. And we don't know that Scarab's first options would have actually done anything the Spectre. The one he eventually used didn't do anything at all, so I don't have a ton of confidence that his first choices would have fared any better. Blue Beetle is very powerful, and much more so with morals off. But he doesn't really have the durability or reaction speed to take a majority against Lobo.

#37 Posted by Saren (25239 posts) - - Show Bio

im sure BB has done it before is all. He "beat" Guy Gardner on his first day as BB when he didnt know what he was doing.

Au contraire --- he failed spectacularly.

Moderator Online
#38 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Cracking a Lantern shield on his first day on the job is pretty impressive. Yes Scott is better but the point remains that he broke a Lanterns shields on the FIRST day. The encounter with the spectre leaves us wondering what could have been. Jaime didnt like the options given to him by the scarab because he knew it'd result in the loss of innocent lives. We dont know if it would have worked, but we do know that he what he was facing and the Scarab had option(s) for Jaime which he decided against.

#39 Edited by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Cracking a Lantern shield on his first day on the job is pretty impressive. Yes Scott is better but the point remains that he broke a Lanterns shields on the FIRST day. The encounter with the spectre leaves us wondering what could have been. Jaime didnt like the options given to him by the scarab because he knew it'd result in the loss of innocent lives. We dont know if it would have worked, but we do know that he what he was facing and the Scarab had option(s) for Jaime which he decided against.

He didn't break Guy's shield though. He barely managed to put a crack in it, and Guy beat him without all that much trouble. It's nowhere near a good enough feat to put BB above a Superman-level character. Scans:

And when he attacked the Spectre, it was totally ineffective. If Scarab knew it wouldn't do anything, why would it try the Anti-Magic bubble? There is no reason to believe that the other options it suggested would have been any more effective. Since we have absolutely no evidence that Jaime could hurt the Spectre and there is some evidence to suggest he could not, I don't at all count it as a feat putting him above Etrigan.

#40 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: I wasnt putting him above Etrigan, I was just mentioning that I'm sure he could crack a GL shield too. Thats all.

#41 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

Cracking the crappiest lantern's shield <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< utterly destroying the best lantern's shield. That's just math. BB still has potential but I am beginning to lean towards Etrigan for reasons stated above.

#42 Posted by Saren (25239 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: I wasnt putting him above Etrigan, I was just mentioning that I'm sure he could crack a GL shield too. Thats all.

Depends on the Lantern ---- maybe some rookies might get their shields broken, but BB's not going to make much headway against elites like, say, Sinestro, whose defensive capabilities are good enough to shrug off his whole planet getting obliterated. Alan's more powerful than Sinestro, so Etrigan breaking his shields is a tad more impressive than BB making some hairline fractures in Gardner's shield.

Moderator Online
#43 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Meh, I'll concede...until he does it. I can't with full confidence say that he COULD do it just cause he cracked Guy Gardners shield on the first day.

#44 Posted by TifaLockhart (13997 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking potential or here and now?

#45 Posted by HigorM (3518 posts) - - Show Bio
@esquire said:

@higorm said:

I'm winning, though.

LOL, I can see that! Classic!

#46 Posted by dondave (33499 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan

#47 Posted by Ostyo (6325 posts) - - Show Bio

Jamie with no morals? Etrigan is in trouble when the Scarb uses it fullpower on him.

#48 Edited by spiderbuck (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan. Jaime has the potential, but not the feats to take him. That can very well change in the future though.

Now I'm curious about Guy Gardner vs Etrigan though.

#49 Posted by Joygirl (18133 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: Not worth making since Etrigan > Alan Scott and Alan Scott >>>>>>> Guy Gardner.

#50 Edited by spiderbuck (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there another battle I'm missing that you can post? Not trying to be snarky, but the one where Etrigan cracked Alan Scott's shield ended where it looks like Alan had the upper hand.

@joygirl said:

@spiderbuck: Not worth making since Etrigan > Alan Scott