#1  Edited By Static Shock
Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Isn't the new Blue Beetle just a kid? Unless he is substantially more powerful than Marvel's heavier hitters, I highly doubt he'll be able to beat an opponent as powerful, intelligent and experienced as Iron Man.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Alexander Anderson says:

"Isn't the new Blue Beetle just a kid? Unless he is *substantially* morepowerful than Marvel's heavier hitters, I highly doubt he'll be able tobeat an opponent as powerful, intelligent and experienced as Iron Man."

Eh... I figured you would say that. LOL.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Alexander Anderson says:

"Isn't the new Blue Beetle just a kid? Unless he is *substantially* more powerful than Marvel's heavier hitters, I highly doubt he'll be able to beat an opponent as powerful, intelligent and experienced as Iron Man."

The Beetle is supposedly very powerful and also very violent. Jamie has to hold it back from doing things that will kill people or destroy the country when fighting enemies that don't need that level of force. Keep in mind, the Beetle was designed to subjugate planets (which would include defeating its champions) for its creators all by itself.

I think it's more a question of if Iron Man can take over the Beetle or not. He's taken over alien robots before (WWH) but it was hard, it took time, and they could resist subsequent attempts, (and they weren't even as sentient or advanced as the Beetle appears to be) so that leads me to believe that he couldn't (or that it would be easier/faster) for him to fight it physically.

The limits and capabilities of the Beetle are unknown so determining the outcome of a physical battle is difficult.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Static Shock

So, there's a large possibility that Jamie could win? Nice.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
"Isn't the new Blue Beetle just a kid? Unless he is *substantially* more powerful than Marvel's heavier hitters, I highly doubt he'll be able to beat an opponent as powerful, intelligent and experienced as Iron Man."

The Beetle is supposedly very powerful and also very violent. Jamie has to hold it back from doing things that will kill people or destroy the country when fighting enemies that don't need that level of force. Keep in mind, the Beetle was designed to subjugate planets (which would include defeating its champions) for its creators all by itself.

I think it's more a question of if Iron Man can take over the Beetle or not. He's taken over alien robots before (WWH) but it was hard, it took time, and they could resist subsequent attempts, (and they weren't even as sentient or advanced as the Beetle appears to be) so that leads me to believe that he couldn't (or that it would be easier/faster) for him to fight it physically.

The limits and capabilities of the Beetle are unknown so determining the outcome of a physical battle is difficult."

Hmmm. What degree of control does Jamie have over his powers? I'm still inclined toward Iron Man; the only way I see him losing this is in an upset victory where he doesn't take Jamie seriously and gets taken by surprise. If he starts the fight treating Jamie as a serious threat, I think his greater intelligence and experience will prevail.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The armor does what Jamie says in most circumstances. Exceptions: When GLs are present the armor will attack (Jamie can calm it down though) and also causes GLs to attack full on (I think it says something that the Beetle can fight against GLs), when other Reach technology is present, the armor won't attack it (Jamie can override this), and the armor won't hurt plant life (Jamie can override this as well). The armor is more like a partner than armor, so it's not much like Iron Man's suit, but for the most part the armor does what Jamie says. The positive side of the armor having a mind of its own is that its smarter than Jamie and has all the knowledge its creators have of space, alien races, sciences, technology, magic, etc. Jamie may not be smart but the armor can tell him whatever he needs to know. If Jamie doesn't know how to deal with a threat, the armor can tell him or just act, but Jamie's a clever kid so he does ok on his own. Also, Jamie is the only thing holding the armor back from just going crazy and killing everything around him with planet scarring weaponry. That technology is accessible to him (the armor wants him to use it) but Jamie won't unless it's necessary, and it hasn't been yet. That enough info on the kind of control Jamie has?

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

"The armor does what Jamie says in most circumstances. Exceptions: When GLs are present the armor will attack (Jamie can calm it down though) and also causes GLs to attack full on (I think it says something that the Beetle can fight against GLs), when other Reach technology is present, the armor won't attack it (Jamie can override this), and the armor won't hurt plant life (Jamie can override this as well). The armor is more like a partner than armor, so it's not much like Iron Man's suit, but for the most part the armor does what Jamie says. The positive side of the armor having a mind of its own is that its smarter than Jamie and has all the knowledge its creators have of space, alien races, sciences, technology, magic, etc. Jamie may not be smart but the armor can tell him whatever he needs to know. If Jamie doesn't know how to deal with a threat, the armor can tell him or just act, but Jamie's a clever kid so he does ok on his own. Also, Jamie is the only thing holding the armor back from just going crazy and killing everything around him with planet scarring weaponry. That technology is accessible to him (the armor *wants* him to use it) but Jamie won't unless it's necessary, and it hasn't been yet. That enough info on the kind of control Jamie has?"

Yeah, that seems pretty comprehensive. :) This would be an interesting fight, Jamie could pull off a nice underdog victory (and it would so satisfying to see Iron Man get stomped by a youngster).

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"The armor does what Jamie says in most circumstances. Exceptions: When GLs are present the armor will attack (Jamie can calm it down though) and also causes GLs to attack full on (I think it says something that the Beetle can fight against GLs), when other Reach technology is present, the armor won't attack it (Jamie can override this), and the armor won't hurt plant life (Jamie can override this as well). The armor is more like a partner than armor, so it's not much like Iron Man's suit, but for the most part the armor does what Jamie says. The positive side of the armor having a mind of its own is that its smarter than Jamie and has all the knowledge its creators have of space, alien races, sciences, technology, magic, etc. Jamie may not be smart but the armor can tell him whatever he needs to know. If Jamie doesn't know how to deal with a threat, the armor can tell him or just act, but Jamie's a clever kid so he does ok on his own. Also, Jamie is the only thing holding the armor back from just going crazy and killing everything around him with planet scarring weaponry. That technology is accessible to him (the armor *wants* him to use it) but Jamie won't unless it's necessary, and it hasn't been yet. That enough info on the kind of control Jamie has?"

That's all we need to know. LMAO.
Post Edited:2007-12-07 02:51:17

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Forever

Alexander Anderson says:

"Yeah, that seems pretty comprehensive. :) This would be an interesting fight, Jamie could pull off a nice underdog victory (and it would so satisfying to see Iron Man get stomped by a youngster)."

If Jamie were to win, I wouldn't consider it an underdog victory. Without knowing enough of his ability level to determine who would win, it would seem that the chances of the Beetle outstripping the capabilities of Iron Man's armor seems very high. A weapon that was made to take over planets on its own would seem to be a little bit out of Iron Man's league.

Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By underdog I meant that Jamie's just a kid who's new to being a superhero, so he wouldn't be expected to win against a veteran like Iron Man.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

Jaime has proven himself, his tecnology is in my opinion way ahead of Ironman's

He may be a kid, but the scarab is very inteligent and guides him perfectly

It also has a lot of power that he has showed. Recently he beated future Bart Allen without any problem.

BB wins

The Speedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By The Speedster

BB.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Zoom

Nighthunter says:

"Jaime has proven himself, his tecnology is in my opinion way ahead of Ironman's He may be a kid, but the scarab is very inteligent and guides him perfectly It also has a lot of power that he has showed. Recently he beated future Bart Allen without any problem. BB wins"

That wasn't a real fight, though.

Didn't he trick Bart into touching an electric field or something?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nighthunter

Zoom says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Jaime has proven himself, his tecnology is in my opinion way ahead of Ironman's He may be a kid, but the scarab is very inteligent and guides him perfectly It also has a lot of power that he has showed. Recently he beated future Bart Allen without any problem. BB wins"

That wasn't a real fight, though.

Didn't he trick Bart into touching an electric field or something?"

he just did a energy cacoon, the fact that bart tried to enter it by vibrating is his fault.

his armor are way ahead than ironman, and his scarab gives him info and things needed to defeat enemies

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zoom

What kind of an energy cocoon hurts phased people?

Would it have hurt him if he wasn't phasing?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Zoom says:

"What kind of an energy cocoon hurts phased people?Would it have hurt him if he wasn't phasing?"

Why can't an energy cocoon hurt him? It wasn't in a solid state, so maybe it scrambled his molecules or something when he tried. If he wasn't phasing, he would probably get the same result.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Copy

Anyone have a scan of that? I want to see it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Copy says:

"Anyone have a scan of that? I want to see it."

Here you go, Pimptight. Enjoy...

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Copy

Static Shock says:

"Copy says:
Here you go, Pimptight. Enjoy... "

Cool thanks.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"Copy says:

"

damn you beated me to it

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Respek the Beetle!

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Copy

Oh and I got this from wiki. Its totally makes me think beetle now lol

In Blue Beetle #21, Jaime alludes to weapons powerful enough to harm even the Spectre, one of DC's more powerful characters. Jaime says that the scarab "offered him option after option after option each more jacked up then the last, real W.M.D. type stuff". Jaime's refusal to use lethal force seems to be the only thing keeping these weapons from coming into play.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zoom

There you go.

Something tells me that wasn't an energy cocoon, though.

I mean, Bart seemed to think that if it was an energy cocoon that he'd be able to just phase through it.

Either TT Bart is an incredible idiot or there's more to that cocoon.

The only stuff with the new Blue Beetle I've read are the last few issues of Titans, so I didn't know what the heck it was.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nighthunter

Copy says:

"Oh and I got this from wiki. Its totally makes me think beetle now lolIn Blue Beetle #21, Jaime alludes to weapons powerful enough to harm even the Spectre, one of DC's more powerful characters. Jaime says that the scarab "offered him option after option after option each more jacked up then the last, real W.M.D. type stuff". Jaime's refusal to use lethal force seems to be the only thing keeping these weapons from coming into play."

yeah little Jaime may be one of DC's powerhouse with only a year of training

wonders if he'll defeat alone the titans army

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

I'm beginning to think that if Blue Beetle went up against Iron Man, the beetle armor would know what to do to defeat him.

I think I'll go with Blue Beetle.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Buckshot says:

"Respek the Beetle!"

Re..spek!!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"I'm beginning to think that if Blue Beetle went up against Iron Man, the beetle armor would know what to do to defeat him.I think I'll go with Blue Beetle."

yeah his scarab would probably know, he has knowladge of how to defeat any enemy

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zoom

If Blue Beetle can hurt the Spectre (and I'm not sure I believe he can considering how powerful the Spectre is) then he'll beat Iron Man for sure.

Maybe he'll replace Supergirl. The Titans don't need 3 super fast super strong flying chicks.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Copy says:

"Oh and I got this from wiki. Its totally makes me think beetle now lolIn Blue Beetle #21, Jaime alludes to weapons powerful enough to harm even the Spectre, one of DC's more powerful characters. Jaime says that the scarab "offered him option after option after option each more jacked up then the last, real W.M.D. type stuff". Jaime's refusal to use lethal force seems to be the only thing keeping these weapons from coming into play."

Keep in mind, it gave him options, but there's no clue how successful they'd be. He asked the armor to give him something nonlethal that would stop the Spectre and it shot an anti-magic bubble meant to contain him but it that didn't do much. There's no telling how effective anything else might be even if it were meant to be lethal. I have no doubt that it would be amazingly destructive, but there's nothing to say that it could stop the Spectre. On top of that, the Spectre paralyzed him just by touching him and the armor couldn't do anything about it.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nighthunter

Zoom says:

"If Blue Beetle can hurt the Spectre (and I'm not sure I believe he can considering how powerful the Spectre is) then he'll beat Iron Man for sure.Maybe he'll replace Supergirl. The Titans don't need 3 super fast super strong flying chicks."

I remember that the original idea was that Supergirl joined and BB only made appearances

but obviosuly BB will stay since he is still a member in feb of 08

and on teen titans #55, the summary says that one titan leaves forever, and there are mentioned as members: Robin, Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Kid Devil and Ravager

maybe the decision was reversed, and supergirl leaves instead of BB

GamblerO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GamblerO

Ironman is but more powerful than bug

bug will be crushed under the force that is but Ironman

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Copy

Buckshot says:

"Copy says:
"Oh and I got this from wiki. Its totally makes me think beetle now lol In Blue Beetle #21, Jaime alludes to weapons powerful enough to harm even the Spectre, one of DC's more powerful characters. Jaime says that the scarab "offered him option after option after option each more jacked up then the last, real W.M.D. type stuff". Jaime's refusal to use lethal force seems to be the only thing keeping these weapons from coming into play. "
Keep in mind, it gave him options, but there's no clue how successful they'd be. He asked the armor to give him something nonlethal that would stop the Spectre and it shot an anti-magic bubble meant to contain him but it that didn't do much. There's no telling how effective anything else might be even if it were meant to be lethal. I have no doubt that it would be amazingly destructive, but there's nothing to say that it could stop the Spectre. On top of that, the Spectre paralyzed him just by touching him and the armor couldn't do anything about it. "

That is true.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Copy

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Bacccccccccccccccccccck. NOT! But Iron man loses.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nighthunter

Copy says:

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Bacccccccccccccccccccck. NOT! But Iron man loses."

should I know this Gamblero?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Copy

Nighthunter says:

"Copy says:
should I know this Gamblero? "

No. Its a thing back in the day. And damn this entire thread makes me wanna go back to having my blue beetle armor again lol. I'll have to think about it now lol.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zoom

Nighthunter says:

"Zoom says:
"If Blue Beetle can hurt the Spectre (and I'm not sure I believe he can considering how powerful the Spectre is) then he'll beat Iron Man for sure. Maybe he'll replace Supergirl. The Titans don't need 3 super fast super strong flying chicks."
I remember that the original idea was that Supergirl joined and BB only made appearances but obviosuly BB will stay since he is still a member in feb of 08 and on teen titans #55, the summary says that one titan leaves forever, and there are mentioned as members: Robin, Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Kid Devil and Ravager maybe the decision was reversed, and supergirl leaves instead of BB"

I hope so.

Ravager, Kid Devil, and Miss Martian are awesome. Tim and Cassie have potential and are usually cool (I just don't think they should date). Supergirl just doesn't do much for me, personally.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nighthunter

Copy says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Copy says:

No. Its a thing back in the day. And damn this entire thread makes me wanna go back to having my blue beetle armor again lol. I'll have to think about it now lol."

do it, blue beetle has become in almost no time one of my favorite heroes

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Copy

Nighthunter says:

"Copy says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Copy says:
No. Its a thing back in the day. And damn this entire thread makes me wanna go back to having my blue beetle armor again lol. I'll have to think about it now lol."
do it, blue beetle has become in almost no time one of my favorite heroes
" />http://i20.tinypic.com/5f27n9.jpg"

I'll decide tomorrow. Need time to think cause I've like being a werewolf but I might. Give me to tomorrow or later.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Copy

Zoom says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Zoom says:
"If Blue Beetle can hurt the Spectre (and I'm not sure I believe he can considering how powerful the Spectre is) then he'll beat Iron Man for sure. Maybe he'll replace Supergirl. The Titans don't need 3 super fast super strong flying chicks."
I remember that the original idea was that Supergirl joined and BB only made appearances but obviosuly BB will stay since he is still a member in feb of 08 and on teen titans #55, the summary says that one titan leaves forever, and there are mentioned as members: Robin, Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Kid Devil and Ravager maybe the decision was reversed, and supergirl leaves instead of BB"
I hope so. Ravager, Kid Devil, and Miss Martian are awesome. Tim and Cassie have potential and are usually cool (I just don't think they should date). Supergirl just doesn't do much for me, personally."

Agree.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nighthunter

Zoom says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Zoom says:

I hope so.

Ravager, Kid Devil, and Miss Martian are awesome. Tim and Cassie have potential and are usually cool (I just don't think they should date). Supergirl just doesn't do much for me, personally."

yeah but there's also the option of miss martian leaving the team

I remember that the reason they put her in the first place was because didio didn't want to put supergirl as a OYL member. She also has had some issues since she met Sungirl and her old self.

so only time will tell

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zoom

Didio can never make up his mind about anything.

If Miss Martian leaves, it'll be a waste of the character as well as a bunch of recent character development.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nighthunter

Zoom says:

"Didio can never make up his mind about anything.If Miss Martian leaves, it'll be a waste of the character as well as a bunch of recent character development."

true, true

there again, she can be in another book, her carrer doesn't have to stop in TT

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zoom

Nighthunter says:

"Zoom says:
"Didio can never make up his mind about anything. If Miss Martian leaves, it'll be a waste of the character as well as a bunch of recent character development."
true, true there again, she can be in another book, her carrer doesn't have to stop in TT"

Yeah, but then I'd have to pay for an extra book. :-P

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nighthunter

Zoom says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Zoom says:
"Didio can never make up his mind about anything. If Miss Martian leaves, it'll be a waste of the character as well as a bunch of recent character development."
true, true there again, she can be in another book, her carrer doesn't have to stop in TT"

Yeah, but then I'd have to pay for an extra book. :-P"

lol she's worth it

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sparda

Static Shock says:

"Copy says:

"

Aha! OWNED!!!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

A little respect for the dearly departed please.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nighthunter

Buckshot says:

"A little respect for the dearly departed please."

but he'll come back soon. so what's the problem?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Apparition

the departed, that was a really good movie

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

GamblerO says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1455/83749-iron-man_400.jpgIronman is but more powerful than bugbug will be crushed under the force that is but Ironman "

Tin Man!? Pffft.......