RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RingSlinger

Fight takes place in space, near Mars.

Random Encounter. ( They know nothing of each other)

Hal has no recharge restrictions and is Silver Age.

Silver Surfer is 100% Bloodlusted.

Who wins and Why?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shawnbaby

Silver Surfer busts loose with some of his Power Cosmic Blasts...they are Yellow you know :D

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By beatboks1

Surfer would break Hal without bloodlust, with this is a mega stomp.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bo88gdan

Bloodlusted Surfer Ftw

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghostrider2

Silver Surfer stomps.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By termiteone4ever

Surfer goes down . Throwing in blood lusted Surfer doesn't save him from SA HAL.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Greendevil

@beatboks1 said:

+1

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dextersinister

SA Hal tears the Surfer a new one, most people here aren't aware of how obscenely powerful he was.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beatboks1

@Dextersinister said:

SA Hal tears the Surfer a new one, most people here aren't aware of how obscenely powerful he was.

Really. I was around in the Silver Age. This is how "obscenely powerful he was". The Atom had showings that were equal to or greater than his. If your thinking of the Hal who could go toe to toe with a pre COIE Superman sorry that wasn't until the Bronze age NOWHERE NEAR SA. SA Hal was so tied to his yellow weakness and everything beat his will power

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
zandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zandor

@beatboks1 said:

@Dextersinister said:

Really. I was around in the Silver Age. This is how "obscenely powerful he was". The Atom had showings that were equal to or greater than his. If your thinking of the Hal who could go toe to toe with a pre COIE Superman sorry that wasn't until the Bronze age NOWHERE NEAR SA. SA Hal was so tied to his yellow weakness and everything beat his will power

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

his weakness is yellow, SS stomps

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RingSlinger

@zandor: Surfer doesnt know what his weakness is, he would have to get lucky and have a bucket of yellow paint floating around in space or mabey wear a chicken suit!

zandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zandor

@RingSlinger: he shoots yellow energy beams though, doesn't that count for something?

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RingSlinger

@zandor: :( yes

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS has cosmic awareness he'll already know Hals weakness. This fights over before it really begins.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RingSlinger

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: LOL no. My rules say random encounter, they know nothing of each other. And Cosmic awareness does not equal omnipotence.

zandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zandor

@RingSlinger: so I guess if SS does use his yellow energy blasts hal wins :)

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RingSlinger

@zandor: If SS doesnt happen to use a yellow blast Hal would win but I doubt Bloodlusted Surfer wouldnt use any and all attacks necessary to take him out so I guess the win goes to Surfer.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RingSlinger Cosmic Awareness isn't something that's turned on its part of his power set. He'll know right away what Hals weakness is, just like he knew what Gladiators was. Read up on SS an you will know what I'm talking about. A bloodlusted SS stomps Hal.

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By protectyournose

@GhostRider2 said:

Silver Surfer stomps.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RingSlinger

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: I know what Cosmic Awareness is and I have read plenty of Silver Surfer in my day. Mabey you should read up on the OP, Random Encounter, they know nothing of each other.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RingSlinger.I read the OP and I know it's a random encounter. Since you know SS you should also know that his Cosmic Awareness will work automatically and a random encounter won't hinder it. Basically as soon as the fight starts SS will know Hals weakness to yellow. Don't know how much more clearly I can put it.

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kovak

Surfer snaps Hal like a twig. Mismatch

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By thanobomb1124

Surfer

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RingSlinger

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@RingSlinger.I read the OP and I know it's a random encounter. Since you know SS you should also know that his Cosmic Awareness will work automatically and a random encounter won't hinder it. Basically as soon as the fight starts SS will know Hals weakness to yellow. Don't know how much more clearly I can put it.

Lets see how much clearer I can make it for you. I made this thread. Therefore I make the rules of the battle. One of the rules of the battle is they know nothing of each other. SS' cosmic awareness in relation to Hal's weakness means NOTHING in this battle. Understand now?

You cant just disregard the rules of the battle and substitute your own.

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By protectyournose

@protectyournose said:

@GhostRider2 said:

Silver Surfer stomps.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RingSlinger well you never said anything about SS cosmic awareness in the OP it's part of SS just like Spidersense is part of Spidey. The only way cosmic awareness won't be a factor in this battle is if you take it away from SS. You can call it what you want, even in a random encounter SS will still know his weakness due to cosmic awareness. Now if you state in the OP that SS doesn't have have this power for this battle you will have a point.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RingSlinger

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: I give up, we already agree on the outcome so further arguing on your failure to comprehend the OP is pointless.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By beatboks1

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@RingSlinger well you never said anything about SS cosmic awareness in the OP it's part of SS just like Spidersense is part of Spidey. The only way cosmic awareness won't be a factor in this battle is if you take it away from SS. You can call it what you want, even in a random encounter SS will still know his weakness due to cosmic awareness. Now if you state in the OP that SS doesn't have have this power for this battle you will have a point.

Dude he said they know nothing of each other. That is saying that cosmic awareness is turned off in relation to knowing anything about Hal. If someone says Spidey has no warning that would mean spider sense is turned off also. Try to read, it's simple English. Not that it matters SS is far more powerful than a SA Hal, who's constructs would break because he didn't use enough will power.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1. I can read just fine. He never said anything about Norrins Cosmic Awareness in the op just that they know nothing of each other in a random encounter. That's totally different than saying he doesn't have his cosmic awareness. Now try to understand what I'm getting at ok? If he still has cosmic awareness even in a random encounter w/o them knowing each other he will still know his weakness as soon as the battle starts due to his cosmic awareness. So let me know where in the op it specifically says "no cosmic awareness" an ill concede. I seriously don't get what's so hard to comprehend about this. If his cosmic awareness is off for this battle than yes it doesn't matter but no where in the op does it say that. Whenever Spideys in a battle it's understood he has spider sense due to it being a power he has, unless someone states "no spider sense" for even in a random encounter w/o knowing his opponent he'll still have spider sense regardless an will be at an advantage even though he knows nothing of his opponent. Comprende?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beatboks1

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@beatboks1. I can read just fine.

apparently you can't.

He never said anything about Norrins Cosmic Awareness in the op just that they know nothing of each other in a random encounter. That's totally different than saying he doesn't have his cosmic awareness.

As a blank statement in the rules of an OP saying they know nothing of each other precludes anything that would give each other knowledge of the other. It actually states without saying so that Cosmic awareness in relation to Hal is switched off, and that Hal's rings ability to give him info (which almost exactly equals cosmic awareness) is too. It really isn't rocket science (but I understand that your having difficulty). If they aren't allowed to know about each other than anything either one has that would allow them too is against the rules of the thread. There is no way of having it both ways.

Now try to understand what I'm getting at ok? If he still has cosmic awareness even in a random encounter w/o them knowing each other he will still know his weakness as soon as the battle starts due to his cosmic awareness. So let me know where in the op it specifically says "no cosmic awareness" an ill concede.

It doesn't say they don't know each other it says "know nothing of each other". it's an absolute statement not an abstract one.

I seriously don't get what's so hard to comprehend about this.

That's because it's not. twelve other posters understood it pretty easily and never mentioned cosmic awareness (which is usually the first card played in a SS battle even though in character he rarely if ever uses it)

Whenever Spideys in a battle it's understood he has spider sense due to it being a power he has, unless someone states "no spider sense"

except if the OP said he had no warning, which if his spider sense was on and working h e ' d g e t

I DON'T GET WHY YOU'D EVEN PUSH THE ISSUE, BECAUSE HE DOESN'T FREAKING NEED IT TO WIN EASILY

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Havenless

@RingSlinger said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: I know what Cosmic Awareness is and I have read plenty of Silver Surfer in my day. Mabey you should read up on the OP, Random Encounter, they know nothing of each other.

If Hal Jordan simply exists, Silver Surfer is able to identify personal things about him. So even in a random encounter, Surfer can take one look at him, know the history of the green lantern corps, and proceed. Cosmic awareness.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RingSlinger

Wow really guys? SS won already, further discussion about the cosmic awareness is pointless, even without his awareness SS still wins.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@Bo88gdan said:

Bloodlusted Surfer Ftw

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously people don't know what cosmic awareness means. Norrin doesn't have to know anything about Hal because his cosmic awareness will let him know what his weaknesses are. Either you are dense or you are being ignorant. I never said he needed it just that with it he wins in seconds. Now again maybe you should reread the op as should Ringslinger because knowhere does it state anything at all about SS cosmic awareness not being part of this battle. Again if you knew anything about SS you would know that he doesn't have to know anything about another opponent to know their weakness. So let me know when you have proof of that being in the op. Just because no one else brought it up doesn't mean that they agree with you. People just feel like he doesn't need it. If Ringslinger didn't want SS to have cosmic awareness for this battle he should've specifically said so, but he didn't so i dont know why you are being so high an mighty. How about we just agree to disagree.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vouile

@Greendevil said:

@beatboks1 said:

+1

+2

Vouile

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Malevolent1

Don't know anything about SA Hal...aside from the scans above...my question is: Does SA Hal have auto shields? If not wouldn's SA Hal go to down because of Norrin's superior speed, albeit Surfer zaps him before Hal knows what hit him?

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By IZZR

SA Hal beat SA Supes most of the people saying Surfer prolly never read a silver age comic in their life but hey thats ignorance for you, Hal FTW.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By beatboks1

@IZZR said:

SA Hal beat SA Supes most of the people saying Surfer prolly never read a silver age comic in their life but hey thats ignorance for you, Hal FTW.

No he didn't. That was BRONZE age Hal. I grew up on SA comics (I was 11 in 1970 when the Silver Age ended and the Bronze began), so I think I know exactly what I'm talking about. There is a BIG difference. In the SA Hal has Sweet F^% All high end feats. If you don't know what your talking about don't input.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By minigunman123

Bloodlusted surfer is insane. It's like saying, what if hungry galactus was bloodlusted and wanted to kill Hal Jordan?

Wouldn't even be a challenge.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By IZZR
@beatboks1 said:

@IZZR said:

No he didn't. That was BRONZE age Hal. I grew up on SA comics (I was 11 in 1970 when the Silver Age ended and the Bronze began), so I think I know exactly what I'm talking about. There is a BIG difference. In the SA Hal has Sweet F^% All high end feats. If you don't know what your talking about don't input.

Ooook you sound really emotional and tired so get some sleep dude i will find the scans for you sheeesh some people.
ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ghost_rider1

Surfer would wreck SA Hal

KentKobash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KentKobash

Bronze Age Hal would murder Surfer

SA Hal gets housed

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By beatboks1

@IZZR said:

@beatboks1 said:

@IZZR said:

Ooook you sound really emotional and tired so get some sleep dude i will find the scans for you sheeesh some people.

No I'm just tired of people who have obviously no idea what they are talking about belittling others who have around the same level of knowledge for not knowing what they think they know.

Find the scan, I know for a fact it's not form the Silver Age. The two times where GL matched or bested Supe's were late 70's and early 80's. Both were mid to late Bronze age. I'm tired of everyone thinking that anything that happened before COIE was silver age (which in fact ended a decade and a half before. Contrary to popular belief The silver age was not a period when every DC character was more powerful than current or later. In fact Most were vert much at lower power levels. On Superman (a d related like Supergirl, Zod etc and Daxamites), and a handful of others like Dr Fate were more powerful. The Spectre was actually most powerful in the Bronze age as were many more (like the Green Lanterns)

Crappy feats like these. I'm deliberately loading three pages of the same issue with "Dr Polaris" to show it's not just me googling scans that may or may not be out of context. I actually have the issues on bookshelves in the same room as my computer.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I mean for god sake Dr Polaris, who back then only carried a magnetic powered gun got the better of him regularly. Surfer with Power cosmic has a lot more power at his disposal than magnetism at it's base level. Hector Hammond who's TP power is WAY below that of SS could control the power ring while Hal was wearing it.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS