#1 Edited by DarkScarecrow (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Versions ; 
Current Blob 
Classic Colossus 
Venom (Eddie Brock) 
Current Thing. 

Area ; A Parking Lot. 

72 hours to prep for all. 
They have no weapons but they do have the environment full of cars.
They must win by Death.  
Distance is 35 ft. 
Morals are off for All. 

Who solos?
#2 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

#3 Posted by DarkScarecrow (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Choice.

#4 Posted by hyiena (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

Blob is the weakest and I think is currently depowered.

#5 Posted by DarkScarecrow (372 posts) - - Show Bio
@hyiena: Show proof of his de-powerment. 
#6 Posted by magnuskhan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

venom

#7 Posted by hyiena (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

Go read his bio on the vine.

#8 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

going w/ team..

#9 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thing

2. Colossus

3. Venom

4. Blob

EDIT: Change my answer.

#10 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10660 posts) - - Show Bio

I think ti will come down to Colossus and Thing, and could go either way.

#11 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume Classic Colossus is from the 80's and not his current level minus the Cyttorak influence. I think current Thing wins the matchup.

#12 Posted by Scarbearer (734 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is Ben's fight to loose given the field. Classic Colossus can certainly push Ben, but Piotr was a much gentler soul then and lacked Ben's will to win. Contemporary Colossus (post 'resurrection') without Cyrotak powers would be a much closer match because Piotr both got stronger and got alot more ruthless and improved his combat skills considerable (though I think Grimm still has a slight edge in experience and ability).

Blob and Venom have what it takes to be significant obstacles, but I don't think either has what it takes to take ither Colossus or Thing down so I think this ends up largely a fight between the latter two, especially since they might even team up briefly before turning on each other.

#13 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkScarecrow said:

#14 Posted by Bo88gdan (4416 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus

Thing

Venom

Blob

Am great fan of blob but he is depowerd.

#15 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan: He's also a cannibal these days isn't he?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#16 Posted by Strider92 (16737 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Not sure. I think you might be confusing him with Ultimate Blob:

#17 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: That's right, it's all coming back to me now. That has to be one of Marvel's darkest moments.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#18 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

@DarkScarecrow said:

gross.. sucks to be blob :S...

#19 Posted by Bo88gdan (4416 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: He has become a weight-loss guru in Japan LoL

#20 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Collosus

2. Thing

3. Blob (if still has powers)

4. Venom

But since Blob is depowered he would be 4.

#21 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

haha, "show me proof his de-powerment"

aka, "I don't know sh*t about a character I used in my thread"

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

Blob would likely win due to not being able to actually be hurt by any of these guys, in his first encounter with Colossus, he basically punked him, as long as he is on the ground, he is pretty invulnerable

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Thing.

#24 Posted by DarkScarecrow (372 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch: You are right. I don't. That is why I placed him in this thread. 

Thanks for reading,  

DarkScarecrow
#25 Posted by HolySerpent (12648 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing or collossus

#26 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus wins.

#27 Posted by Marvel101 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Blob isnt going to be much of a factor in this battle. Venom is pretty quick and agile and will be able to shift around cars but wont be able to do much damage wise to either Thing or Colussus. I feel it comes down to Colussus vs Thing. It can go either way at that point. Personally I give the edge to colussus. Colussus trains with some of the best where as Thing is with the Fantastic Four. Just my personally opinion though.

#28 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus training with the best hardly means much. I could say because Tim Drake was trained by the almighty Batman he should beat da best out there yet he hardly wins matches here on the vine cause people over estimate his abilities cause of who trained him. Colossus brawls a lot, he should have better skill feats than he has shown due to running drills with Wolverine and Cyclops for years but various X-men have varying levels of skill despite being trained by the majority of the same people. I've seen better skill feats from the Thing and his training is more extensive that Pete's anyway. Just saying "he trained with the FF" doesn't make his ability any less.

Thing was a college level wrestler, personally trained in boxing for years and has taught some other people to box like She-Hulk, military training and self taught Judo and years of experience on Colossus. I see Thing use his agility more often than I do Colossus in the way he moves around. Colossus may have an occasional dropkick like attack but in perspective of ducking a weaving and grapples, it's Thing who holds the edge and does it more often. Colossus has nothing to show for his "better" training.

#29 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Colossus has been a jobber as of late. I don't particularly understand why he does so poorly when rumbling with people in his weight class. I honestly think he's used as kind of a measuring stick when compared with other heavy hitters. If someone can take him out, and it happens a lot in most arcs, then it means the X-men are in trouble. At least until Wolverine somehow wins. Annoying. He's kind of a victim of a huge cast of characters that are available in the mutant world.

Also to people who are saying the Blob might have a chance...I don't see it. I'm pretty sure you can bash his face in without worrying about his invulnerablity and Colossus had taken him off his feet a few times. I just can't see him winning.

I'm now torn between Colossus and Thing, but Thing has feats whereas Colossus can be hit or miss with his skillset. I'll go with Ben.

#30 Posted by cattlebattle (13012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

Also to people who are saying the Blob might have a chance...I don't see it. I'm pretty sure you can bash his face in without worrying about his invulnerablity and Colossus had taken him off his feet a few times. I just can't see him winning..

In their first encounter Colossus couldn't do any damage to Blob, I think Blob would be in this fight till the very end, probably even down to Thing and Blob

other than that I agree with everything, Colossus is over rated, and Thing is under rated
#31 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I can't see Blob's stamina comparing with either Thing or Colossus. I don't think anyone could do anything to Blob until Magneto made him butthurt over an explosive or something. Either way, I've seen Blob submit when people get too close to his face. He has his vulnerabilities and Colossus has to know them after fighting him so many times.

I gotta think anyone who bashes him on his nose topples the big guy.

#32 Posted by cattlebattle (13012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle: I can't see Blob's stamina comparing with either Thing or Colossus. I don't think anyone could do anything to Blob until Magneto made him butthurt over an explosive or something. Either way, I've seen Blob submit when people get too close to his face. He has his vulnerabilities and Colossus has to know them after fighting him so many times.

I gotta think anyone who bashes him on his nose topples the big guy.

I don't mean to be an a**hole but...

I don't understand the Magneto comment......
I have never seen Blob submit when someone gets close to his face, his face is just as invulnerable as the rest of him.....
So many times?? Blob and Colossus have only thrown down possibly like twice in their existence......
#33 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Piotr clears it.

#34 Edited by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: You referred to Blob's first appearance. They attacked the mansion where Magneto threw bombs or some type of explosive in his direction with little regard for his health. Blob, unharmed, went back to circus life.

They've thrown down at least a half dozen times. Colossus has actually thrown and knocked Blob out. So...yeah, I don't see how modern times will change the outcome.

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

Benjamin Grimm!

#36 Posted by cattlebattle (13012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle: You referred to Blob's first appearance. They attacked the mansion where Magneto threw bombs or some type of explosive in his direction with little regard for his health. Blob, unharmed, went back to circus life.

They've thrown down at least a half dozen times. Colossus has actually thrown and knocked Blob out. So...yeah, I don't see how modern times will change the outcome

I never referred to Blobs first appearance, I made mention of the first time Colossus fought Blob, which is the same instance that you posted in your scan. Blob was a much more viable threat in his brotherhood days than his early days

I find it funny that you just posted Blob losing that fight in the image...the whole first half of that fight was Blob pounding on and not taking any damage from Colossus. This is how he always beat him, by lifting him off the ground, usually with help from Wolverine, If Blob is standing on something no one can burrow under to lift the ground he is standing on...no one is beating him. 

I honestly don't think they have fought more than 3 maybe 4 times, I could be wrong though
#37 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Yeah, but Colossus took a beating from Blob and still knocked him out. He's perfectly capable of doing the same in this matchup. While they haven't fought each other on a yearly basis, I'm sure Colossus can recall his weaknesses.

Colossus has also done the exact same thing you said he couldn't. He burrowed under the ground and lifted him.

Blob is tough, but he's certainly not in the class of the other three fighters. In fact Venom could likely kill him via suffocation. He's done that before.

#38 Posted by cattlebattle (13012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle: Yeah, but Colossus took a beating from Blob and still knocked him out. He's perfectly capable of doing the same in this matchup. While they haven't fought each other on a yearly basis, I'm sure Colossus can recall his weaknesses.

Colossus has also done the exact same thing you said he couldn't. He burrowed under the ground and lifted him

Blob is tough, but he's certainly not in the class of the other three fighters. In fact Venom could likely kill him via suffocation. He's done that before.

That post you posted, like the one before, is the only way Colossus has beaten him...and had assistance every time...and this is only another of there three or four meetings...the only one your missing is where Blob goes to plunge and Wolverine stabs him in the butt, making Blob jump and Colossus punches him, apparently the only way to beat him, get him off the ground.

Blob has proved unharmed against Hulk (until he got mad) Hercules, Wonder Man couldn't even move him. Colossus would get rolled by any of those three guys, if Thing and Colossus were teaming up against him I would say Blob is defeated, but its every man for himself, and Colossus doesn't really have any impressive feats against any super strong opponents...as I said he is over rated
#39 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

They just choke blob out. Shove their fist down his throat or get a sleeper in. He isn't strong enough to crap about it to either Ben or Colossus.

#40 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I also mentioned that Colossus tends to be a jobber, but he has bested blob on an occasion or two. I can't see him losing to a sub par villian because he claims he can't be moved. Also it's a free for all, but what's stopping Ben and Colossus from just knocking him out for the start? There's no rule stating Co-op is forbidden and besides Colossus could have easily thrown Blob himself in the scan. He just worked with his team.

Eh, he went down after a couple punches from Hulk. It wasn't impressive. Colossus had a better showing against him years later. I can't comment on the Hercules or Wonder Man battles as I haven't seen them. Blob finishes no better than third place in this match up. Fourth if Venom wants to suffocate him.

1. Thing

2. Colossus

3. Blob

4. Venom

#41 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Either Ben or Pete could suffocate Blob. As I said before they just shove their fist down his throat or choke him out in a sleeper and snap his neck. Morals are off and he isn't strong enough to overpower either of them.

#42 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read up on venom in awhile... isn't he just hurt by fire/sound? I thought he was very resistant to physical attacks...

#43 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: 100% agree. Blob's ability just doesn't cut it with these participants.

#44 Posted by cattlebattle (13012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle: I also mentioned that Colossus tends to be a jobber, but he has bested blob on an occasion or two. I can't see him losing to a sub par villian because he claims he can't be moved. Also it's a free for all, but what's stopping Ben and Colossus from just knocking him out for the start? There's no rule stating Co-op is forbidden and besides Colossus could have easily thrown Blob himself in the scan. He just worked with his team.

Eh, he went down after a couple punches from Hulk. It wasn't impressive. Colossus had a better showing against him years later. I can't comment on the Hercules or Wonder Man battles as I haven't seen them. Blob finishes no better than third place in this match up. Fourth if Venom wants to suffocate him.

1. Thing

2. Colossus

3. Blob

4. Venom

I agree hat if Colossus and Thing worked together, Blob is done, I would also agree Thing would likely win, he does have tons of feats against powerful opponents,

I would put Blob in second if they're all fighting for themselves, here is how Blob handles Colossus if not moved...

#45 Edited by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Blob is capable of rumbling with both Ben and Colossus, but he's not of their strength class. I can't see Blob being above a 50 tonner. No pun intended *Rimshot.*

#46 Posted by cattlebattle (13012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@cattlebattle: Blob is capable of rumbling with both Ben and Colossus, but he's not of their strength class. I can't see Blob being above a 50 tonner.

strength classes are completely fan made and subjective, I mean some of them make sense like Spider-Man isn't stronger than Hulk for example, but the three guys in question, Blob, Thing and Colossus are all over the place...Thing is class 70 or something but has fought on completely equal footing with 100 tonners, Blob has as well, in fact the only guy that hasn't is Colossus
#47 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

A toss up between Ben and Peter, i naturally lean towards Colossus

#48 Posted by jec777 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

classic colossus is still a youngster and is not ready for the thing, but the venom symbiot takes over the winners form for the win. venom-thing.

#49 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus wins! He already beat Blob when he matures into a young adult. As a full grown, he would take him with relative ease.

#50 Posted by dondave (38586 posts) - - Show Bio

Pete or Ben for first place