Blink(DOFP) vs. Nighcrawler(X2) vs David(Jumper)

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GXrevolution96

David Rice

No Caption Provided

Nightcrawler

No Caption Provided

Blink

No Caption Provided

• Win by KO
  • All are in character
  • All 3 combatants have prep
  • Start 30 meters apart

No Caption Provided

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rijehu

Technically speaking, David's Jump is superior in every way because it is practically unlimited, instantaneous, and actually cuts through Time and Space. Because the other two still have human level durability ( as well as David himself ), if he can get a good swing with a bat on the both of them, he takes it.

Nightcrawler has superior athletic and fighting skills so if he gets to either David or Blink first, they go down.

Blink in the movie doesn't actually teleport. She throws these portals and then has to jump through them meaning her activation is MUCH slower than the other two, but technically if she times it correctly, (VERY difficult but not impossible) she could send one of them in a hazardous location, which I doubt would work completely since they could come back. (Nightcrawler may be screwed because his distance is very limited).

1. David if he is serious.

2. Nightcrawler if he reacts before the others.

3. Blink if she gets lucky.

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rijehu:

David's Jump is superior in every way because it is practically unlimited, instantaneous, and actually cuts throughTime and Space.

I wouldn't call David superior to Kurt in this regard. The only real differences between them power-wise is maximum range, and I don't think that would be any kind of determining factor of the outcome of the fight.

Because the other two still have human level durability ( as well as David himself ), if he can get a good swing with a bat on the both of them, he takes it.

David may have somewhat superior teleportation abilities, but Nightcrawler definitely has superior physical capabilities and fighting skills when he's serious. He managed to take out a couple dozen service guards in X2 without getting hit until the very end.

If the fight comes down to David and Kurt, I think it all depends on how serious Kurt is. He was really dangerous when under the mental control, but his morality would end up as a weakness otherwise, and he wouldn't be able to bring himself to hurt David.

Blink is a wild card. Her powers give the option of more creative application than the other two, but you're right in saying that their powers work slightly 'quicker' than hers. As for her actual fighting skill, she's hard to pin down. She had few feats and no backstory, but she was a member of the post-apocalyptic X-Men, implying she has more fighitng skill and experience than David and Kurt probably would.

I think Kurt would win if he's fighting as serious as he did in the beginning of X2.
If not, it's a tossup between David and Blink, depending on exactly how skilled Blink really is.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David takes this with mid difficulty if he is serious. Jumpers are more powerful teleports. can create worm holes that can shred anyone or anything it touches. Their jumps can cause major damage to the surrounding areas. They can also use their ability in combat.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

Nightcrawler>David>>>Blink.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably David. He can bring things with him when he teleports, like when he crashed that one bus into that guy(been awhile since I've seen the movie lol).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By mickey-mouse

@the_stegman said:

Nightcrawler>David>>>Blink.

Nightcrawler teleported all over the world with ease???

@dondave said:

Nightcrawler

David Drops a Bus on top of both of them. His Jumper was instantaneous. Night Crawler made little puffs of smoke every time as he disappeared and reappeared.

All are in character??

Night Crawler was soft as cotton...after they freed him from mind control did he even fight anyone?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: In fact, David is the only one to

A. Actually use prep.

B. Actually fight another teleporter.

Honestly in character, he should stomp.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

@lukehero: How is teleporting around the world gonna help in this battle?? Nightcrawler is more agile and has faster strikes.

mrTESOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

A. Actually use prep.

This.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

A. Actually use prep.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: How is teleporting around the world gonna help in this battle?? Nightcrawler is more agile and has faster strikes.

Prep. He could teleport anywhere and acquire more items in character. Nightcrawler was brainwashed when he did all of his actual fighting. You have no way of proving if he can actually fight.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@lukehero: Aquiring items won't help if you can't tag the other guy. And brainwashed or not, he was doing the feats, they count,he's capable of them.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt needs to visualize where he's going to teleport right? And he has a limited range, right?

Why wouldn't David jump him to an iceberg he saw in a photo once in the middle of the arctic and leave him there? Good luck hitchhiking back, Kurt

Blink, from what I've seen in DOFP relies on teamwork rather than actually performing herself.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Aquiring items won't help if you can't tag the other guy. And brainwashed or not, he was doing the feats, they count,he's capable of them.

Again, he was a religious goody, this is in character. He didn't throw a single punch when not completely brain washed. You mean David could acquire a bus drop it on top of them? Or get a bomb? He grab Nightcralwer and drop him in the middle of the ocean or in the middle of an iceberg. David's teleportion and prep feats were better.

Sides the fact David is the only one here who has actually tagged a teleporter in combat? Again this is stomp for David.

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David because of feats.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@lukehero: This is a battle, Nightcrawler is going to be fighting back, maybe not lethality, but he will fight. He's dodged gunfire, I think he can dodge a bus. David has fought teleporters, but not ones with Nightcrawler's level of agility. Someone who can take down a squad of secret service men in less than a minute.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: David's teleporting > Gunfire

David was fighting people who specifically had gear to fight teleporters if you wanna compare fodder feats. You have no evidence to say David can't simply teledodge nightcrawler, who is in fact a much slower teleporter. Again David's teleporting was instantaneous, Nightcralwers was not.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: David can teleport the bus right in front of nightcralwer as he is trying to dodge. David also teleslammed a kid in a jailcell. David outfeats him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@lukehero: In no way is David faster than Nightcrawler. That one Paladin not only predicted David's moves, but tagged him with a stun gun. And Nightcrawler can teleport away from a bus if he can gunfire.

And how is putting Nightcrawler in a cage gonna stop him??

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: In no way is David faster than Nightcrawler. That one Paladin not only predicted David's moves, but tagged him with a stun gun. And Nightcrawler can teleport away from a bus if he can gunfire.

And how is putting Nightcrawler in a cage gonna stop him??

In a cage? No in an icberg. Nice low ball, they were trained and had gear specially to tag the teleporters. David at times also dodged the stun gun, might wanna remeber that. You can watch the movie on mega share.

Again, David can tag nightcrawler, IDK, by teleporting? Like he actually has.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtesol said:

@lukehero said:

A. Actually use prep.

This.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

David Drops a Bus on top of both of them.

And Nightcrawler teleports away from it...
And Blink opens a portal and drops the bus back on David...
Trying to drop a bus on a couple of teleporters isn't exactly a game-winning strategy.

In fact, David is the only one to

A. Actually use prep.

I haven't seen the movie in a while, but what did David do prep-wise that would put him ahead of the average Joe?
We haven't seen Kurt or Blink use prep, but we have to at least assume they have at least average intelligence.

Nightcrawler was brainwashed when he did all of his actual fighting. You have no way of proving if he can actually fight.

The serum that controlled his mind only bent his will towards his masters. It didn't give him new skills.

Again, he was a religious goody, this is in character. He didn't throw a single punch when not completely brain washed.

You're calling him a softie and a religious goody, but when else in the movie was he even given the opportunity to throw a punch? He never met with another enemy for the rest of the movie. The idea that he would be too soft to throw a punch is pure conjecture, since we've never seen him back away from a fight before.

He grab Nightcralwer and drop him in the middle of the ocean or in the middle of an iceberg.

Yeah, because David was a cold-hearted murderer. You could tell by the way he chose not to kill his most dangerous enemy at the end of the movie.

Sides the fact David is the only one here who has actually tagged a teleporter in combat?

That's a biased argument. David is the only one of the three we've had the opportunity to see fight another teleporter on-screen.

You have no evidence to say David can't simply teledodge nightcrawler, who is in fact a much slower teleporter. Again David's teleporting was instantaneous, Nightcralwers was not.

Nightcrawler's teleportation was obviously fast enough for him to wreck trained secret servicemen and make it look easy. I've seen nothing from David to indicate he has better training and reflexes than guys like that.
I'm not saying that David's power isn't technically faster than NC's, but at this point it's like arguing that a bullet fired from a rifle is faster than a bullet fired from a handgun. I mean, it is, but somebody with non-superhuman reflexes isn't going to dodge either one of them.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaang_the_watcher: Putting him in an Iceberg wouldn't kill him, just stop him. At least, not by comic book standards...niether would dropping him in the middle of the ocean.

Point blank, you really have no way of proving Nightcrawler can tag another teleporter, but I can show you David was fast enough to tag one. \

As far as David's prep goes, he had to prep against enemies that actually studied him, Nightcrawler and Blink didn't use prep...so saying what they would they wouldn't do is pure speculation.

Your other points: Fair Enough on the morals.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaang_the_watcher: Meh, I still go with David for majority. Griffin would stomp though lol.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Putting him in an Iceberg wouldn't kill him, just stop him. At least, not by comic book standards...niether would dropping him in the middle of the ocean.

It's still not something David exactly tends to do though.

As far as David's prep goes, he had to prep against enemies that actually studied him,

Yeah, but what did he do though? I really don't remember him doing any kind of prep work that would indicate he's better at preparing for a fight than most other people are.

Nightcrawler and Blink didn't use prep...so saying what they would they wouldn't do is pure speculation.

Who the heck did you expect to see them prepare for? Blink had like one speaking line in her movie and Nightcrawler was a side character in his. Neither of them had roles in which they could have prepared for a fight somehow.

I'm not trying to make a case for Blink's and NC's ability to be expert preppers and strategists, nor am I trying to downplay David's ability to prep. What I am saying is this: Average people, even non-comic-book-hero people, have the capacity to think creatively and utilize prep time before a fight. I don't recall seeing anything from David that would indicate he's better at preparing for a fight than an average person would be, and we have no reason to assume that Blink and Nightcrawler are below the level of an average person.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaang_the_watcher:

Yeah, but what did he do though? I really don't remember him doing any kind of prep work that would indicate he's better at preparing for a fight than most other people are.

I'm not trying to overhype or wank David's prep, he grabbed some weapons and of course the use of vehicles...you can watch the film on megashare on the link I provided above.

I hear ya mate, the problem is, they didn't prep at all...you can blame the rest on Bryan Singer.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: You say that like they were given the opportunity to prep but failed at it.
They were just never given the opportunity because their roles weren't big enough.

That isn't nearly enough reason to assume they can't keep par with a guy whose only prep feat is grabbing some weapons and vehicles.
Heck, I could use prep time just as well as David, and I'm not exactly a comic book hero.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaang_the_watcher: That's not the way it works, either the character prepped or the didn't...Actually you can name your own feats and we can measure you personal intellect..Can you do that with movie nightcrawler and blink? No. Because they don't have the feats.

You can say what you would actually do with your prep time, can you say what they would actually do? No. Cause they are featless at prep. Feats>>>Speculation

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Since NC and Blink have no prep feats, we have to make a general assumption about how good at it they are.
The assumption that makes the most sense is to assume that they're basically average. To get me to believe they're below average would require providing examples of them being dumb with prep time.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaang_the_watcher: Yet, they are still featless in prep, it's not something you can just make up...they are not real people. They are characters in a story, they have no prep feats.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blink managed to hold her own against a number of sentinels at the end before dying. Shes no slouch. She was good at predicting movements otherwise her power would be useless. Shes clearly skilled with her portals seeing as how she can sling colossus all over the place knocking into 2sentinels.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@kaang_the_watcher: Yet, they are still featless in prep, it's not something you can just make up...they are not real people. They are characters in a story, they have no prep feats.

The only assumption that makes sense is to assume that they're average until shown otherwise.
You're choosing to assume that they're idiots until shown otherwise, which makes no logical sense.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mickey-mouse

@kaang_the_watcher: Not using prep doesn't = I said they were morons. Characters that don't prep, just don't prep. That doesn't make them stupid. Strong Guy is of average intelligence...He has no prep feats. The Thing is of average intelligence, he doesn't really use prep or weapons either...so it's completely speculative to try and make up stuff he would actually do with prep.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By mikex20

David is the more skilled, and powerful of the group.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler depending on morals

Korraspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think David takes this. David's jumps work by warping space and creating worm holes. As shown by Griffin, Jumpers can use this ability for offensive capabilities. Also, they will be torn to shreds if they a caught in his jump scar

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blink can win if she gets them quickly. the longer it goes on the less chance she has.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

David has that super punch from teleporting in front of himself a few times.

Not sure what difference it makes, but just figured I'd point that out.