• 117 results
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cmaprice

Blade and Buffy must both fight an onslaught of vampires (a mixed bag of Marvel vampires and Whedon vampires) while also fighting one another. So there are two elements to this: who can kill the vampires better (both their own and each other's) and who would physically win when fighting one-on-one?

The Daywalker 
The Daywalker 

The Slayer
  The Slayer

Blade with silver katana and silver glaive.
Buffy with mystical slayer scythe.

Edit: Buffy, prior to the comics giving her Superman's powers. That is probably temporary and does not reflect the character's origin or 18 years of history prior to it. 
Blade after gaining his Dhampir/Daywalker powers. 
This puts them on even ground and reflects the last decade and a half of continuity, respectively.

1: Buffy vs Blade in competition: who kills more vamps?
2: Buffy vs Blade in combat: who wins when turned against one another?  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i'm not understanding the OP. 

Are you saying they get armies of vampires from their own universe to fight against eachother, or they have to fight their own vampires, then eachother, or fight eachother's vamps... 

can you clear that up?
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cmaprice
@Fortified_Hooligan: 
1: Buffy vs Blade in competition: who kills more vamps?
2: Buffy vs Blade in combat: who wins when turned against one another?
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie blade shows massive flair for kicking the asses of multiple enemies at once. The best fight scenes in those movies are when snipes just unloads on whole rooms full of bad guys.

Buffy usually has to take a few swings at her enemies before they go down. Could be that there were just better fight co-ordinators on the blade movies, but the net effect is that Blade is shown kicking more ass on more people.

Blade vs buffy is a good fight. Blade is meaner, clearly a better martial artist (again, production of the shows and the people who play the roles are a big factor)

I think that Buffy is stronger than Blade. Slayers have been shown to bend metal bars with ease, or carry large steel I-beams. 

Durability goes to blade. 

speed probably also goes to blade. 

i would say blade in 7/10 fights.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andferne

Buffy can currently lift Tanks, move faster than a speeding bullet and lead tall buildings in a single bound. She wins both competitions.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Precise
@Andferne: ... she's Golden Age Superman.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sparda
@Precise:  So that's where he went.....
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andferne
@Precise said:
" @Andferne: ... she's Golden Age Superman. "
I was going to track down the scans and post them for you. But the new search engine is crap. If you want to try an look for them I believe it was Buckshot or Gambler who posted them in the Captain America Vs Buffy thread.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Precise
@Andferne: oh no, I believe you lol. It's just the description you gave that made me smile :p
Avatar image for the_diamond_sea
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Diamond Sea
@Precise said:
" @Andferne: ... she's Golden Age Superman. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

faster than a speeding bullet

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                                                                   more powerful than a locomotive 

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                                                           able to leep tall buildings in a single bound 

so yes
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Diamond Sea

also buffy would win without her new powers 

she routinely stomps armies of vampires by herself

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Precise
@The Diamond Sea: I never said she couldn't do it =)
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didnt keep up with the comics. 

Is that power level a regular part of her, or is she somehow mystically juiced in those scans? 

Like, if the hob-goblin got hold of jugernaut's ruby i wouldn't really say that was his power.
spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By spystreak
@The Diamond Sea said:
"also buffy would win without her new powers  she routinely stomps armies of vampires by herself "

and Demons
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cmaprice
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
" I didnt keep up with the comics.  Is that power level a regular part of her, or is she somehow mystically juiced in those scans?  Like, if the hob-goblin got hold of jugernaut's ruby i wouldn't really say that was his power. "
It remains to be seen. These powers are very new and sprang up in order for her to take on Twilight, her newest big bad. I honestly can't see her keeping the superman powers much longer, though.

I would not include these new and ill-explained powers any more than I'd include her mind reading ability from Earshot.

It's classic power Buffy versus modern Blade.
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The Diamond Sea

1. Twilight aka Angel is a good guy 

2. The "universe" gave both buffy and angel those powers as a reward 

3. buffy has had these powers for since november of last year and has only gotten more powers...to sit here and say you count them the same as a one shot time she got telepathy from a demon is retarded 

4. They explained quite well who gave her the new powers...and why she got said new powers 

5. either way you want to slice it...buffy is the chick who takes on armies of vamps at a time by herself.. 

Buffy wins

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the darknessss

after seeing the buffy scans im scared!!!!!! lol,,,sorry blade your screwed.buffy basically beats blade to death while watching tv!.
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cmaprice
@The Diamond Sea said:
" 1. Twilight aka Angel is a good guy  2. The "universe" gave both buffy and angel those powers as a reward  3. buffy has had these powers for since november of last year and has only gotten more powers...to sit here and say you count them the same as a one shot time she got telepathy from a demon is retarded  4. They explained quite well who gave her the new powers...and why she got said new powers  5. either way you want to slice it...buffy is the chick who takes on armies of vamps at a time by herself..   Buffy wins "
Would it be retarded if in a Punisher thread, someone said that Frankencastle is not to be taken into account and compared it to the time Frank was an angel to demonstrate it's a temporary thing? Buffy's been around for nearly two decades; a one year stint with over-the-top powers that will probably wear off doesn't count for the purposes of this thread.

I'm a big Buffy fan. I've made no comment on who would win in my opinion. I'm fine with your opinion the Buffy wins, I'm just telling you for the purposes of this thread, her Superman powers don't count. For one, it wouldn't be a very interesting fight. It'd be like Thor versus Nite Owl. Boring and uneven. Furthermore Super-Buffy isn't an accurate representation of her history.   

And yes, I know Twilight's identity. For all intents and purposes until the reveal, he is the big bad. I didn't want to spoil it for people who haven't gotten caught up yet.
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Diamond Sea
@cmaprice said:
" @The Diamond Sea said:
" 1. Twilight aka Angel is a good guy  2. The "universe" gave both buffy and angel those powers as a reward  3. buffy has had these powers for since november of last year and has only gotten more powers...to sit here and say you count them the same as a one shot time she got telepathy from a demon is retarded  4. They explained quite well who gave her the new powers...and why she got said new powers  5. either way you want to slice it...buffy is the chick who takes on armies of vamps at a time by herself..   Buffy wins "
Would it be retarded if in a Punisher thread, someone said that Frankencastle is not to be taken into account and compared it to the time Frank was an angel to demonstrate it's a temporary thing? Buffy's been around for nearly two decades; a one year stint with over-the-top powers that will probably wear off doesn't count for the purposes of this thread. I'm a big Buffy fan. I've made no comment on who would win in my opinion. I'm fine with your opinion the Buffy wins, I'm just telling you for the purposes of this thread, her Superman powers don't count. For one, it wouldn't be a very interesting fight. It'd be like Thor versus Nite Owl. Boring and uneven. Furthermore Super-Buffy isn't an accurate representation of her history.    And yes, I know Twilight's identity. For all intents and purposes until the reveal, he is the big bad. I didn't want to spoil it for people who haven't gotten caught up yet. "
Anything involving frankencastle is retarded. Frankencastle is the punisher....angel frank is the punisher..the end. 

Buffy has been around for 13 years...buffy has new powers.....the end...and you didnt state which version of buffy...the end 

its your thread you make the rules 

twilight is not the big bad.....the end 

Buffy stomps either way....the end
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Classic buffy get's demolished. 

Current Buffy is by far the better competitor.

The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Diamond Sea

Classic buffy stomps 

current buffy stomps without trying

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cmaprice
@The Diamond Sea said:

" Anything involving frankencastle is retarded. Frankencastle is the punisher....angel frank is the punisher..the end.  Buffy has been around for 13 years...buffy has new powers.....the end...and you didnt state which version of buffy...the end   its your thread you make the rules  twilight is not the big bad.....the end  Buffy stomps either way....the end "

1992 was 18 years ago. Add the time between Whedon creating the character and the film's release, and you've got nearly two decades. Thus, I said nearly two decades. If you deny the film (and furthermore the original screenplay by Whedon) as being a legitimate source, then you should also discount the comics entirely. But no, you shouldn't discount either. 
Quoth the Diamond;
"...the end"
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The Diamond Sea

Buffy movie =   Fran Rubel Kuzui and not canon 

buffy tv show = 1997 created by joss whedon and obviously canon. Joss whedon himself disowns the film and considers it non canon as it follows almost nothing joss wrote...the same way QT disowns natural born killers...know what youre talking about before trying to lecture someone. Joss wrote and produces the comics 

debate who you think wins and why or just shhh ur face

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cmaprice
@The Diamond Sea said:

" Buffy movie =   Fran Rubel Kuzui and not canon  buffy tv show = 1197 created by joss whedon and obviously canon. Joss whedon himself disowns the film and considers it non canon as it follows almost nothing joss wrote...the same way QT disowns natural born killers...know what youre talking about before trying to lecture someone. Joss wrote and produces the comics  debate who you think wins and why or just shhh ur face "

Have you read Joss' screenplay?
He disowns the film due to what happened in production, not the story behind it. There was a comic adapted from his script, taking into account what the characters look and act like in the show (as well as the scene with Merrick from Becoming Part 1)-- The character's origin remains much the same. Buffy was created by Joss in the early 90s. She was a girl with roughly the same powers and job ever since. Sure, she's evolved in personality and the studios screwed with the tone of the film, making it more hip and less dark. That doesn't change anything.
You should take your own advice, dude, before someone thinks you're cluelessly trolling or something.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Classic buffy get's demolished.   Current Buffy is by far the better competitor. "
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Sparda

Thread crashing and burning.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cmaprice
@Sparda: Yeah, tell me about it.
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cmaprice

I wanted to wait for more input before posting my opinion, but may as well now to try and bring this back on topic.

The bulk of what we've seen from Buffy comes from the show. For various reasons, including budget and so forth, she is seen struggling in live action much more against bland foes moreso than live action Blade. In the comics (prior to her supermanification) they're pretty much on even ground.

We also need to take into account the nature of their basic foes. Buffyverse vamps are much more fragile. Wooden stakes and perhaps even her scythe may not actually help Buffy against Blade's vamps, but decapitation (even without a silver weapon) is shown to be quite an easy way to beat Buffy vamps. Seeing how Blade is so very skilled with his blades, I see him wiping the floor with both vamp types. Classic Buffy has been shown with more difficulty one-one-one with even a run-of0the-mill newly resurrected vamp. She has fared better in comic book form, but she nonetheless shows greater difficulty more often than Blade. Her slayer powers were fine tuned to face her universe's vamps. But Blade's foes aren't demonic for the run of the mill vamp. Buffy's slayer powers are made to combat demons. Therefore, her powers and instinct are no more finely tuned against Blade's vamps as they would be your average superhuman. She has her formidable strength and agility, but she's less in her element against Blade's vamps as Blade is against hers.

Therefore, Blade racks up more dead vamps, without a doubt.

Hand to hand against one another, presuming Blade doesn't go for an early and unexpected kill shot, I'd say Buffy wins 6 times out of 10. But it's vicious and Buffy will be sore at the very least for a week.

The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The Diamond Sea
@cmaprice said:

" @The Diamond Sea said:

" Buffy movie =   Fran Rubel Kuzui and not canon  buffy tv show = 1197 created by joss whedon and obviously canon. Joss whedon himself disowns the film and considers it non canon as it follows almost nothing joss wrote...the same way QT disowns natural born killers...know what youre talking about before trying to lecture someone. Joss wrote and produces the comics  debate who you think wins and why or just shhh ur face "

Have you read Joss' screenplay? He disowns the film due to what happened in production, not the story behind it. There was a comic adapted from his script, taking into account what the characters look and act like in the show-- The character's origin remains much the same. Buffy was created by Joss in the early 90s. She was a girl with roughly the same powers and job ever since. Sure, she's evolved in personality and the studios screwed with the tone of the film, making it more hip and less dark. That doesn't change anything.You should take your own advice, dude, before someone thinks you're cluelessly trolling or something. "
sir dont begin to lecture me about joss whedon or anything buffy related. 

"I finally sat down and had written it and somebody had made it into a movie, and I felt like — well, that's not quite her. It's a start, but it's not quite the girl." - joss whedon  

" Joss Whedon: I had major involvement. I was there almost all the way through shooting. I pretty much eventually threw up my hands because I could not be around Donald Sutherland any longer. It didn't turn out to be the movie that I had written. They never do, but that was my first lesson in that. Not that the movie is without merit, but I just watched a lot of stupid wannabe-star behavior and a director with a different vision than mine - which was her right, it was her movie - but it was still frustrating. Eventually, I was like, "I need to be away from here."   - joss whedon   

Joss whedons script was not even followed...in fact he famously and publicly bashed donald sutherland for not even making an effort to pretend like they were following joss whedons vision as he made up almost all of his lines and refused to follow the script to the point it made no sense and had to be written around him =/ 

The comic wasnt even written by joss..which joss stated he had major problems with is canon....and yet it barely even followed the movie....so why you're even bothering bringing it up is just laughable to me.

There was no evolving..there was no personality....Buffy the movie is not Canon..and is nothing like the Series in which joss created 

Sir i have stated why buffy wins idk how many times now..and all youve done is babble on about anything and everything but this topic..the only troll here is you...thats right..youre trolling your own topic...again......instead of babbling on about things you know nothing about....state why buffy whether wins or loses..or just shh ur face...because im not interested in reading how much you dont know about things
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Diamond Sea
@The Diamond Sea said:
" Classic buffy stomps  current buffy stomps without trying "
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EpitomeofCool

BUFFY FTW! The first girl to raise the stakes!

The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The Diamond Sea
@cmaprice:  

everything you just stated made no sense to the point where i actually laughed =/ 

buffy wins..come back when you actually know what youre talking about
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cmaprice
@The Diamond Sea: Right. Because repeatedly saying " also buffy would win without her new powers " and " Buffy wins " and " Buffy stomps either way....the end" and  "Classic buffy stomps, current buffy stomps without trying" and  "shhh ur face" are your definition of having "stated why buffy wins idk how many times now.."  while all I've done is "babble on about anything and everything but this topic" by breaking down the fact that their vampires follow different rules and different weaknesses, and therefore present specific problems (once I finally gave my opinion, which I was waiting to give as to not add a note to my verdict as OP). 
Sidenote: "'I finally sat down and had written it and somebody had made it into a movie, and I felt like — well, that's not quite her. It's a start, but it's not quite the girl.' - joss whedon" -- This quote does not mean Buffy Summers did not exist prior to 1997. Epic logic fail.

EDIT: Yes, you gave one sentence (twice) where you said Buffy kills armies of vamps by herself. That does not address how it's different from Blade or how she would physically compare to Blade in a fight. Also doesn't take into account the difference between vamp types, which are more vast than wood versus silver.

Laugh all you want, but please stop cluttering this thread and continuing to troll with the same opinion and insult over and over.
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cmaprice
@EpitomeofCool: 
;) Love your icon.
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The Diamond Sea

No me saying Buffy being able to kill armies of vampires b herself with ease is why she wins...love how you left that part out...trolls usually do tho so i dont blame you. 

Marvel vamps..killed by silver to the heart...buffy vamps..killed by wood to the heart..thats as bout as different as they get junior 

i will keep laughing..and th only one who keeps cluttering this thread is you...the one who is trolling is you....buffy stomps 

shhh ur face

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@cmaprice said:
" @EpitomeofCool:  ;) Love your icon. "
Thanks! Like who wouldn't anyway? It's beautiful, just like me. :)
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lance Uppercut

With the rules set, Blade. He's stronger, faster, he's a better fighter, etc.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cmaprice
@EpitomeofCool: 
Heh. :)

Speaking of Glory, I love the coincidence that both Buffy and Blade have brought down gods (even though it was technically Giles that killed Glory via Ben)-- invigorating feeling, I would assume.
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The Diamond Sea

Blade isnt stronger 

Blade isnt faster 

Blade isnt the better fighter 

Buffy is stronger..faster.. the better fighter and has more experiance 

Buffy stomps

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By charlieboy

i think buffy would win. blade is always trying to be fancy and buffy is more down to earth and gets the job done. and i think buffy has probably killed the most vamps. both are strong. both heal quick. both are fast. both are good fighters. but buffy is pretty awesome with that scythe.
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cmaprice
@Lance Uppercut: 
Fair enough. His physical attributes are at the very least on par with hers. He's shown greater proficiency with various weapon types, which would come in handy against the groups of both sorts of vamps.

Plus, he's been around much longer and has greater experience. He was doing much of Buffy's type of work before he even gained his Daywalker powers. I guess a big factor is also the mystic side of Buffy. It's a tough fight, though. I think if it was merely movie Blade and TV Buffy in a room, Blade would stomp her (absolutely, if he has no objection for going for the kill). But given the rest of canon like comics and the Blade series I've encountered, it's much more up in the air, I think.

Thanks for the verdict. :)
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cmaprice
@charlieboy: 
The scythe is pretty awesome. When she started using it in season 7 against the Turok-Han, it looked like a knife through butter, considering the beatings those things gave her previously. 
Thanks for posting. :)
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Diamond Sea
@cmaprice:  

wow one guy who knows nothing about buffy giving props to another guy who knows even less...this made my day XD 

Im not even going to bother stating buffsys different mastery of weapons..cross bows...knives..swords fencing..etc etc etc....or the fact that buffy is a slayer which means she has all the experience of every slayer that ever was through the centuries...the fact that buffy now uses magic....the fact that buffy is superior to blade in every way......No im not going to mention any of that 

im just going to mention how your nor lance know nothing of what you speak XD But hey as long as you get that final verdict from lance..who thinks 

1. Vampires are superior to slayers 

2. Angel couldnt kill Buffy when they fought because he was in love with her XD 

3.argues that spike is superior in fighting to angel in one thread..and that angel is superior to spike in fighting in another a week later

Buffy stomps...true story 

No Caption Provided
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By charlieboy

correct me if i am wrong but aren't marvel vamps killed by wooden stakes as well? in the comics i mean. i am pretty sure when the x-men fought dracula they were using wooden stakes. and wolverine killed that one vamp chick with a wooden stake. i am talking about the x-men annual where they fought dracula.
The Diamond Sea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The Diamond Sea
@charlieboy said:
" correct me if i am wrong but aren't marvel vamps killed by wooden stakes as well? in the comics i mean. i am pretty sure when the x-men fought dracula they were using wooden stakes. and wolverine killed that one vamp chick with a wooden stake. i am talking about the x-men annual where they fought dracula. "
yes and correct correct
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@cmaprice said:
" @Lance Uppercut:  Fair enough. His physical attributes are at the very least on par with hers. He's shown greater proficiency with various weapon types, which would come in handy against the groups of both sorts of vamps.  Plus, he's been around much longer and has greater experience. He was doing much of Buffy's type of work before he even gained his Daywalker powers. I guess a big factor is also the mystic side of Buffy. It's a tough fight, though. I think if it was merely movie Blade and TV Buffy in a room, Blade would stomp her. But given the rest of canon like comics and the Blade series I've encountered, it's much more up in the air, I think.  Thanks for the verdict. :) "
What exactly makes Buffy's powers being mystical in any sense makes it a big factor? 

To be truthful, Buffy really doesn't do anyhting Blade couldn't replicate.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@charlieboy said:
" correct me if i am wrong but aren't marvel vamps killed by wooden stakes as well? in the comics i mean. i am pretty sure when the x-men fought dracula they were using wooden stakes. and wolverine killed that one vamp chick with a wooden stake. i am talking about the x-men annual where they fought dracula. "
Yep. Blade's tried to use wood on him as well.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By charlieboy
@cmaprice:
thank you . i like the topic.
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cmaprice
@charlieboy said:

Depends, actually. Dracula has specific rules (In blade, the stake has to remain in his chest, or else he revives), and there are a few types of vampires in the Marvel U. It's been shown time and time again that wooden stakes don't work on most.

No Caption Provided
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By charlieboy

yeah some marvel vamps are different like drac's daughter lillith. who always ressurrects as long as dracula is alive.