• 68 results
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 614azrael

Granted a team up would be cooler but logicly thats unlikely. Both had gone to a vamp warehouse(usual equipment of Blade an Bloodrayne nothing special such as UV gernades) they stumble across eachother in the back allies of NYC who wins?

Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kinasin

Gut instinct says blade unless you can show my all of blood rayne's feats and then I may change :)

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crmidnight

I don't know too much about BloodRayne, but I would like to say Blade. For one, I believe he has more specialized weapons exclusively for getting the job done. As for Combat, I MIGHT have to go with Blade...Not sure, though. 

When it comes to immunities, Blade has this won. He can actually go in sunlight, he's immune to silver, and his serum. BloodRayne, to my knowledge, isn't. She might fall to the serum or by Blade's Kitana.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 614azrael
@crmidnight:
@Kinasin:
sadly no1 seems to know much about Rayne so before this thred potentially goes on il list the stats 
Blood Rayne strength speed damage resistance healing and sences are all equal however Raynes been more known for useing her speed to its full xtent. also note healing is beter when drinking blood and Blades serum is not similar to the natural blood effects. 
Now Blade has a couple stat boosts from morbius, i cant say what these xactly are. I can look them up if required though. Also note the serum wepon used in Blade the 1st movie is not depicted as a comon used wepon. 
Rayne will eventuly die in sunlight and water like clasic vampires however UV wepons r not allowed and rarely used anyways an some retarded squirtgun is pointless lol. 
Bloodrayne is able to use also a bloodwind type attack that rips ppl apart and also has the ability to use blood rage(typical rage mode such as Wolverine or Sabertooth) Her dhampire guns feed on blood and generate amunition of various types(i didnt specify restrictions however im going to say the single fire,autofire,and shotgun modes are the only ones aloud. Normaly she also has a rocketlauncher seting and a harpoon seting that xplodes but those would make things chaotic) 
Silver and garlic have no effects. wepon skills im about 2 check
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crmidnight

I still say Blade. He specializes in killing Vampires. Hell, he killed the King. Also, is she capable of controlling her thirst? For how long?
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Son Of Storm
Blade. Until something GOOD gets posted for BR.
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kinasin
@614azrael said:
" @crmidnight: @Kinasin: sadly no1 seems to know much about Rayne so before this thred potentially goes on il list the stats Blood Rayne strength speed damage resistance healing and sences are all equal however Raynes been more known for useing her speed to its full xtent. also note healing is beter when drinking blood and Blades serum is not similar to the natural blood effects. Now Blade has a couple stat boosts from morbius, i cant say what these xactly are. I can look them up if required though. Also note the serum wepon used in Blade the 1st movie is not depicted as a comon used wepon. Rayne will eventuly die in sunlight and water like clasic vampires however UV wepons r not allowed and rarely used anyways an some retarded squirtgun is pointless lol. Bloodrayne is able to use also a bloodwind type attack that rips ppl apart and also has the ability to use blood rage(typical rage mode such as Wolverine or Sabertooth) Her dhampire guns feed on blood and generate amunition of various types(i didnt specify restrictions however im going to say the single fire,autofire,and shotgun modes are the only ones aloud. Normaly she also has a rocketlauncher seting and a harpoon seting that xplodes but those would make things chaotic) Silver and garlic have no effects. wepon skills im about 2 check "
I'm gonna have to go with blade, he's been around a lot longer than blood rayne and has taken out dracula and has tons of combat experience, I'm almost positive he would have way more feats than blood rayne, but correct me if I'm wrong......
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tank.

Don't know of any solid feats for Rayne other than her being kickass in the games.

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crmidnight
@Kinasin:
Solid! XD
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Blade

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 614azrael
@crmidnight:
@Kinasin:
there fighting abilities by the looks of it are onparr to eachother. Also Rayne can control bloodlust however this is normally no isue shes more then willing to drain any1 dry, and has a chain(alot like what scorpion in mk uses to pull ppl towards her,as well as move/pull objects useing her environment as a wepon). I feel with her willingness to use speed and abilities of the vampires she is likely to be faster. Also her acrobetics are sertain to be beter. 

I sadly do think the odds are leaning more towards Blade but do feel this is more then what ppl think it is. My knowledgefull opinion hounestly 51/49 Blade has no vamp weaknesses but the thirst Rayne has some however. Rayne has the uperhand in speed and bladed combat imo. Blade however is typicaly a beter shot. Rayne will drain anyone in NYC includeing Blade givin the oportunity this is good in her book but it also poses an opening of attack.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crmidnight
@614azrael said:
"@crmidnight: @Kinasin: there fighting abilities by the looks of it are onparr to eachother. Also Rayne can control bloodlust however this is normally no isue shes more then willing to drain any1 dry, and has a chain(alot like what scorpion in mk uses to pull ppl towards her,as well as move/pull objects useing her environment as a wepon). I feel with her willingness to use speed and abilities of the vampires she is likely to be faster. Also her acrobetics are sertain to be beter.  I sadly do think the odds are leaning more towards Blade but do feel this is more then what ppl think it is. My knowledgefull opinion hounestly 51/49 Blade has no vamp weaknesses but the thirst Rayne has some however. Rayne has the uperhand in speed and bladed combat imo. Blade however is typicaly a beter shot. Rayne will drain anyone in NYC includeing Blade givin the oportunity this is good in her book but it also poses an opening of attack. "

You're just mad because BloodRayne sucks. LOL
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tank.
@614azrael: You're wanting to compare a character from Video games (comic run was not worth mentioning, and the movies just plain sucked..) against an established Comic character. Are Mortal Kombat fans have found out it's just not the way to go. Rayne's best feats derive from the game. The feats from gameplay are all based on the person playing so it's hard to decide what's actually canon and what's game fluff.
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 614azrael
@crmidnight:
lol no i just believe ppl dont know Rayne which is obvious
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crmidnight
@Tank.:
Well, that and there's always the feats they demonstrate on Cutscenes, which I believe, count for something. More so than gameplay.
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tank.
@crmidnight: That would be the best way to display her ability.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crmidnight
@Tank.:
Gotcha. As for this battle, I think it's a blowout... Blade wins.
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tank.

I like Rayne better (Hot redheaded vampire chick who slices and dices as well as knowing her way around guns and does not mind getting a lil dirty... yeah. Defiantly prefer her as a character).

But Blades got her beat.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 614azrael
@Tank.:
i believe comic and game count(they xist in same universe). Il admit its a bit harde to judge however when looking at these characters from something prior to comics such as a game there are some things that are easily concluded. 
A the character didnot die,otherwise there would be no comics and or continuation 
B Skills were enough to survive these moments without dieing 
C the characters are beter at skills then the player. 

I added this because it seemed more balanced though i understand its hard to judge being a game character more then a comic
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kinasin
@crmidnight said:
" @Tank.: Gotcha. As for this battle, I think it's a blowout... Blade wins. "
yup
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 614azrael
@Kinasin:
lol ya mostlikely its not as dry as other threads however imo
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tank.

Selene from Underworld Vs Bloodrayne might make for a better fight.
Oh!
Or...
Selene & BloodRayne Vs Buffy & Faith

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crmidnight
@Tank.:
Or even BloodRayne vs George Bush would be a better matched fight.
XD
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 614azrael
@Tank.:
Rayne im comfident has preEvolution Selene how ever after Evolution Selene has any vamp beet imo after all she drained the 1st imortal idk faith but i dont think blondie will make it
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tank.

There is a 3rd movie in production but no game... the movies sucked hardcore and ruined the franchise yet they still attempt to make a third. >_<

theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By theiconic

blade wins   he killed a god

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crmidnight
@Tank.:
Agreed.
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tank.
@Tank. said:
" There is a 3rd movie in production but no game... the movies sucked hardcore and ruined the franchise yet they still attempt to make a third. >_< "
What's even worse. The person they have playing Rayne is not even going to have Red hair! >_< she has long black hair...
sigh
Seriously. How hard would it of been for them to make a awesome BloodRayne movie? Take the first Blade movie. Replace Blade with a hot redhead. Instead of just vamps set the time frame up a few decades earlier. Let her slice and dice some Nazi vamps and call it a day.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crmidnight
@Tank.:
Bad directing. The director is just flat out terrible.  Not only that, but they can't get anyone to write a decent script. :P 

Honstly, the BloodRayne series is dead to me. It's been dead after the first one.
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 614azrael
@crmidnight:  
u know me lol dont start up on the actual script/director/character factor of the movies itl lead to arguabley 1 of the longest blogs around
@Tank.:
hounestly its not hard at all, get hot red head place her in ww2 with nazies set. Want biger things then nazies? fine go with the vamps like butcher or Kane or the werewolf situation in the game,or the zombies in the game,or the demon in the game. game to movie adaptations hav all ben retched do to the failure to just take whats in the game and make a short an sweet version. 

The games did amazing comics are killer and then someone went an handed Uwe the chance to play with it. Prety sure he goes and throws an amazing argument to get a project then 1ce having it grinds it 2 paste mixes it with fecal mater an then shoots it at road kill, then he goes to a shot gun loaded with bad ideas shoots it an uses what ever poor ideas are closest to him
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tank.
@614azrael: We're in agreement then. Uwe should be burned at the stake!
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 614azrael
@Tank.:
ha thats puting it nicely
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud

Blade wins. You guys should read Blade comics before you post here, and stop using the movies, Blade looks weak in the movies, this is a comic site. He is a comic character, Marvel look into it. Blades feats in the comics > BloodRaynes.  
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tank.
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" Blade wins.  "
Pretty much everyone is in agreement with this.

@Xavier St. Cloud said:
"You guys should read Blade comics before you post here "
Seeing as it is an open forum this is completely ridiculous. 

@Xavier St. Cloud said:
"stop using the movies, Blade looks weak in the movies, this is a comic site."
And people have already mentioned that Rayne does not have any impressive feats  IN comics to compare. So again you are stating the obvious., followed by another obvious statement that this is a comic site. However it is also a comic site in which other media is constantly used and referred to.

@Xavier St. Cloud said:
"He is a comic character, Marvel look into it. "
I'll try and keep that in mind. ;)

@Xavier St. Cloud said:
"Blades feats in the comics > BloodRaynes.   "
Thank you again for the reiterating what's been said and agreed upon already in this thread.
endianprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK this is just sad, no ones made any real mention of Rayne's powers and what mention there has been made have suggested that she wouldn't get the powers because they were "game fluff". I give blade 10 seconds into this fight [after Rayne's banter] before he's kibble and here's why.

please note a layout of our [3 people discussed this] assessments their stats has been provided.

lets start by listing Rayne's abilities which seem to have gone completely overlooked

she's so fast she can literally walk circles around a bullet [bloodrayne 2 - freeze time power],

when using her incredible speed humans appear to not be moving, only the most impressive of vampires can keep up with her [Ferril, Kagan etc...]

her blood rage ability is a 2 fold, on one hand she is slightly faster while using it and the more potent factor is that while in it she is immune to harm and the damage is instead channeled against the source of her powers. her rage.

as the fight continues she will continue to build up rage and have it at her disposal. also note she will of course be spending it so its not to say it would be infinite.

in addition to this Rayne can unleash her soul to feed for her at range, upon returning she gains the blood its drained and heals instantly the bloods value in damage. again this ability does run off her rage and is somewhat limited.

the next step of this "ghost feed" ability is for the soul to possess another body while Rayne fights on, the newly possessed body will fight for her until she is either out of rage or the body dies. during this time she cannot use the ghost feed as her soul is occupied.

as for her basic equipment the notion that her harpoon shouldn't be in it is down right laughable [although would be useless in this fight any ways] its the most staple piece of equipment in her arsenal save her wrist blades. she receives the damn thing about 10 minutes [5 or less if your quick] into the first game. given to her by her mentor which she hangs onto for over 70 years.

the next most likely thing for rayne to be equipped with are her Carpathian dragons. they likely would have been seen in the 3rd installment and were acquired in the first level of the sequel.

these guns had 5 different functions and were the size of large pistols.

they functioned like

pistols

Uzi

shotguns

blood bomb [a function which after being hit a short period later the opponent would explode]

blood fire [when hitting an opponent they would spontaneously combust causing instant death]

blood hammer - basically rocket launchers

now the ammo for some of these more impressive functions was very costly. the guns ran on their own reservoir of blood which could be re-filled by draining an opponent.

now everything above is to get you familiar with her powers. my disadvantage here is that comic blade only one of the 3 of us was terribly familiar with so that person stated him out in the following areas. if any one disagrees please site your new value for the give skill/s and reason why

these scales are on a 1-10 ratio, 0 being human and 10 being the best a character could get with only little exceptions being omitted to just not destroy the scale.

for each category an example of a 10 will be cited.

super speed - the Flash

super strength - angry Hulk

agility - Cassandra Kain - lady Sheva

durability - Hulk

healing - Wolverine

martial arts - Cassandra Kain - lady Sheva

------------------------

BLADE

super speed 6 [can react to things much faster, blade often fights opponents who are faster than him but still manages to get a step ahead on occasion. for this at times his speed might be considered an 8]

super strength 5-6

agility 5

durability 7-8

healing 6-7

martial arts 9

special notes:

can quickly assess opponents skill level by studying them

equipment:

sword

throwing stakes

bladed weapons

pistol - guns semi - fully

machine pistol

------------------------------

RAYNE

super speed 9 [the only reason Rayne isn't a 10 is because she can't move so fast she can vibrate threw walls and run backwards and forwards through time

super strength 5-6 [damage bonus in rage moves to Thor level damage 8, although her strength is still a 5-6]

agility 8-9

durability 5

healing - need to feed when using rage she takes rage damage not health

martial arts - 8

special notes:

other powers include

blood rage [and all its versions threw the games]

ranged feeding

gains rage while fighting

blood control for a single attack

possess opponent [at cost of ranged feeding and rage]

equipment:

wrist blades

harpoon

dragon guns

pistols

Uzi

shotgun

blood bomb

combustion rounds

rocket launcher

------------------

comparing the individual stats for the fight

superspeed

raynes 9 v.s. blades 6

rayne has the speed advantage, even when blade is assessing her and predicting her next move or however it is he keeps up with faster opponents she still has the speed advantage. the exception here is that using this high level of speed costs rayne rage and she can run out [though she regains rage while fighting]. when not using her rage it is assumed they are equal speed.

super strength

Rayne 5-6 v.s. blade 5-6

here they are evenly matched, again unless Rayne is using her rage. while raging she would be no more likely to win an arm wrestling match she is far more capable of putting on the hurt. a solid 8. again this is a limited power as it runs off her rage.

agility

rayne 8-9 v.s. blade 5

blades not an agile guy by comparison [see Rayne's fatalities and evasive maneuvers from BloodRayne 2] but he doesn't need to be he can block a lot of her attacks rather than dodge them with his higher martial arts ability. still this means he really won't be able to shoot her [Rayne doesn't give 2 shits about bullets any ways so this category is mostly moot]

durability

Rayne 5 v.s. blade 7-8

blade can apparently take one hell of a beating and lets face it if you let the baddies beat up on Rayne she doesn't last long. the exception here again is that Rayne can use rage effectively raising her durability to an infinite until her rage [which acts as her health bar for the time being] runs out. [Bloodrayne 2]

healing

Rayne 0 v.s. blade 6-7

here is where blade really starts to win. Rayne has 0 healing. Rayne's only rebuttal to this is the ability to potentially feed on an innocent in the area using ghost feed which will cost her rage. rayne cannot likely use ghost feed on blade as she was never able to do so against a formidable opponent in the games. although there is no logical reason as to why not so if anything is game fluff its the ruling that rayne can't use ghost feed or possession on blade but that fight would be lame if she could so we just let that one go.

martial arts

Rayne 8 v.s. Blade 9

nothing fancy going on here. no rage power compensation what you see is what you get. Blade just happens to be more skilled but not by a ton. if neither had any powers or any other factors. if it was just martial arts v.s. martial arts Blade would win somewhere between 60-80 percent of the time and be pretty beat up afterwords. on the occasion that Rayne won she'd either need to feed quickly or possibly die from the injuries later.

equipment:

lets be brief here, Blade's got blades and so does Rayne. Blade's got guns and so does Rayne. Rayne has some highly over powered guns that a good writer would never allow blade to be hit by but may cause him some harm when Rayne tried such as nearly dodging and then being blasted through a wall or some such. the blood bombs blade would just pull off before his body exploded and he'd never allow himself to be hit by the blood fire or blood hammer. in the end equipment isn't even much of a factor if any at all. having the fight go that Rayne just unloads about 10 missiles [all the ammo the guns have room for] in blades direction and he explodes horribly is a really stupid anti-climatic way to handle this fight.

ok now the full stats v.s. stats assessment how does this play out

Blade is slower than Rayne but with his assessing bringing his effective speed to an 8 [on occasion] plus his 1 point above Rayne in martial arts means that he can hit her on occasion with well placed strikes. which fits blades style anyways. also Rayne will not always be that fast and as she loses rage blade gains the advantage because so many of her powers are tied to it. Rayne with no rage to spend v.s. blade will not last long even though she will be gaining rage as she fights the initial damage will be too great and it will cost her the fight. as for the damage blade can always take more of a beating than Rayne and she can only give more of one on an occasion. count in the fact that blade will be healing while she's trying to take him down and we can easily see the fight going in blades favor. for blade to win the fight, he needs only to fight smart and last a short time. eventually Rayne's rage powers will be running low and Blade's natural stats will win out. so in the beginning by the stats it looks like Rayne is winning then we actually compare and now it seems like Blade is winning so why do I figure that blades perfect drag the fight out strategy fails even though he'd definitely know to do it. simple

why Rayne wins

there is no logical reason to say that Rayne can't user her super speed while using her blood rage at the same time. this moment of extreme power would be short lived but during it she would be invulnerable, dealing massive amounts of damage and moving at a speed that would make the flash proud. add this to Rayne's smash in and rip em' to shreds mentality. Rayne will crash against blade and the flurry of blows at the heighten speed and ferocity will diminish any chance he has at "assessing" her [lowering his speed to a 6]. Rayne is with such anger and aggression when coupled with the advantage of ignoring any attack or defense blade puts up Rayne will turn him into mince meat in seconds. in this moment their stats would look more like this:

Rayne

super speed 9

super strength 8

agility 8-9

durability - infinite

healing - negligible

martial arts - 8

Blade

super speed 6

super strength 5-6

agility 5

durability 7-8

healing irrelevant: at the speeds Rayne is moving during this time she could get wolverine down to his exo-skeleton before his healing started to matter.

martial arts 9

any questions?

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade shreds her. She still has the normal weaknesses of a common vampire, to which Blade isn't and more inclined to sundry. Besides, after Bloodrayne's lesbian scene in the 2nd or 3rd movie, I lost interest. She's hot, and that's all she has.

endianprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By endianprime

wow.... do your research. water and sunlight, neither of which is a guaranteed kill they just hurt her and what part of invulnerable don't you get? as for the movie reference as to why she should lose I'm not sure if I should start with how your perception of her has no bearing on her skills and abilities or the fact that its pretty unanimous that Uwe Boll fucks shit up. the guy has destroyed plenty of video game movies. if he had done a blade movie would your vote then go for Edward Cullen because at least he wasn't in a Uwe Boll movie?

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endianprime: I'm sort of shocked that such an old thread came up, but w/e

Anyway, that was a super long post and I wish you could have been a bit more too the point so I went to the "why Rayne wins" part. While, what you're saying slightly makes sense, it doesn't take into account that Blade has already battle an known super powered Speedster Evenly. He also got the drop on her and staked her. That on top of the fact that all vamps have a level of Super speed compared to humans. Blade's speed is horrible underrated given that as a human he was capable of matching some of the best in Decon Frost and Dracula himself.

That being said, he's already battle character that are Stronger in Dracula and the Reaper God as well as more durability/ invulnerable in characters (off the top of my head) Wolverine and The Thing.

You make a good case, but I do not believe rayne can Stop Eric

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The argument of more "specialized tools" is irrelevant since Marvel Vamps and BloodRayne vamps are different. Crosses, garlic, silver and such things have no effect on BR vamps. Only thing that seems to do anything is sunlight and dismemberment. And Rayne has had to actually deal with a Vampire Apocalypse.

Loading Video...

Most vampires in Marvel are pretty much the same and Dracula is more plot-driven than most. Rayne has had to kill what equated to a vampiric god, as well as an Ancient Vampire whose body was almost impervious to harm. Plus there was Kagen and his family, whom each seemed to have different powers.

Kagen himself had Vesper Shards embedded in his body and a sword made from them and could use them to gather sunlight to fire as an energy beam.

On a separate note, Blade ages like a normal human, despite being a Dhampir. Rayne, however, still ages more like a vampire and has been around for almost a century.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bossmonster

@reikai: Just wanted to point out that Blade does not age like a human. There are even speculations that he is Immortal. Several scans support this.
I've nothing else to say about the rest of your post, just thought that was something you should know. Carry on :)

endianprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By endianprime

@bossmonster:

you seem well versed on the blade topic. I agree with you my post was horribly long but there was alot of points to make. if I'd had more time I'd have slimed it up. I'm seriously considering doing that anyways. more to the point though, we had blades speed on a scale from 1-10 rated at a 6. ten being the flash who was stated as being able to run forwards and backwards threw time and vibrate threw solid objects. on that scale rayne received a 9 because she was able to walk circles around a traveling bullet almost as if it wasn't moving. where do you place blades speed at? also if you could take a look at my post where it discusses blades stats and how we came to those conclusions and what characters we used an example of a 10 and re-post a more accurate representation of blades skills including any powers we missed. I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By reikai

Blade seemed to age like normal, but then again all Vampries are "immortal" so that whole deal with Dhampirs is iffy. I was just pointing out there's a fundamental difference between vampires from different fictions.

Most are fairly the same aside from different base stats. Silver will work on some, but not others. Sunlight will kill most, but not all. Most have super-human physical stats, others have psychic powers in place of that. There is no real base guideline for vampires in fiction. And not all of them drink blood or even have the need nor desire to.

Not all of Blade's moments when fighting vamps have been amazing. One time he killed Dracula while losing in a physical struggle by just using a retractable knife in his boot and kick-stabbing him through the heart with it.

Marvel Drac's powers seem to fluctuate depending on the writer. In one instance he physically overpowered Colossus and later didn't have the same strength. And Doom keeps a piece of the True Cross (the one Jesus was nailed to) in part of his armor just in case he has to deal with Dracula.

Vampires in BR seem more biological than mystical, though there are Alchemic/Occult roots in there too. Xerxes was the weakest of Kagan's offspring, but built himself a vampiric bio-mecha to fight with.

In terms of weapons, Blade uses more modern specialized guns and stake-guns meat for dealing with vampires weak to silver and such. Rayne has the Carpathian Dragons which alchemicly process blood into lethal projectiles and she can use them to feed on both humans, vampires and dhampirs to refill their blood tanks.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endianprime: I don't mind doing this, however it will take time. I'm not at home and generally do not post on this board outside of being at work.

However, what I can say now is that I think that your scale is a bit off. For example, In some incarnations you are correct, Flash an run through time without his tread mill. Given that Speed is Distance/time it doesn't get any faster than that. However, comparing that to being able to walk around bullets and vibrate through objects just doesn't match up at all.
Take Blade for example. He has been able to Dodge bullets and lasers from multiple shooters. Deflect them with his sword and even a chain. His speed is such that he can leave after images while in h2h combat. He is very fast. So if 1 on speed is average man and 10 is wally west, what is 5? I see what you were trying to do, I just feel like the scale is a bit out of sorts.

Either way a sort over view of Blade's Powers/ability

Strength =10 tons or more. Easily Strike down large metal structures with fist or foot.

Speed = Hyper sonic (After Images, Laser dodging, Ect)

Skills = Versed in Magically enchantments, Master Swordsman, Master Martial artist, Master Marksman (Projecttile and throwing) Established Detective,

Durability = Strong enough to survive building exploding while inside. Plan crashes. brain stabbing,

EXP, several hundred years of hunting and combat experience.

Weapons Master = Self explanatory.

Misc skills =Immune to demonic and physic possession. Able to sense and distinguish illusion and Dark magic.

That's all off the top of my head.

If you are a bit more specific in what info you would like about Blade, I can try to provide it later tonight or tomorrow morning. Or if you need any supporting scans for the feats I've listed above, just let me know and I'll remember to post those too.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will try and clarify Rayne's abilities as best I can based on what has been displayed.

Strength: Multi-Ton. Not definitively clear. Has taken on and killed 15ft vampiric abominations that can swing 500lb hammers like baseball bats.

Speed: Hypersonic. Has been dodging multiple machinegun fire for decades + ability to nearly stop time for those around her.

Skills: Taught various skills by Brimstone (global secret government organization that's existed for centuries, dedicated to wiping out the vampire threat. Like the Hellsing organization of BloodRayne-verse).

No specific sword style mentioned, but uses dual arm-blades and has defeated vampire kunoichi (female ninja) and Kagan in open combat (who has centuries more experience in battle). Others include defeating multiple SpecOps trained vampires that served during WW2 with Kagan. Prior to joining Brimstone she was self-taught and traveled the world in search of Kagan and his family so she could kill them all.

Durability: Fell from top level of a 50(ish?) story clocktower all the way down into the underground sewage treatment pipelines running under the city. Has literally had the rib of a vampire god torn out from her body (since it was hidden inside her without her knowledge).

Experience: Over a century or more of combat experience, fighting vampires, soldiers, Nazis and any combination of them all (which includes vampire nazis).

Equipment: Dual blades can lock into place and used much like tonfa. Has used various armaments over the decades including pistols, AK-47's, rocket launchers and the like. Possesses the Carpathian Dragons which're magic/alchemic pistols. Also a grappling spike that has been used for both moving around and killing/grappling targets. Stiletto heels for stabbing, hooking and impaling targets.

Misc Abilities: Slowing perceptions, slowing time, Astral Projection/Possession, Astral Feeding, among others (reviewing them)

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow.... do your research. water and sunlight, neither of which is a guaranteed kill they just hurt her and what part of invulnerable don't you get? as for the movie reference as to why she should lose I'm not sure if I should start with how your perception of her has no bearing on her skills and abilities or the fact that its pretty unanimous that Uwe Boll fucks shit up. the guy has destroyed plenty of video game movies. if he had done a blade movie would your vote then go for Edward Cullen because at least he wasn't in a Uwe Boll movie?

I've done my research. I've played the games, I've watched the movies. I said she has the same weaknesses as a normal Vampire, which she does. Nothing was said or implied that they were guaranteed kills, and my perception of her has much bearing as it's the only perception of her I have. Sure, her skills are good, but they don't compare to Blade's martial arts and weapons training. She may have decent techniques and use of weapons, but they don't add up to Blade's overall badassery. What does Uwe effing over a Blade movie have to do with Edward Cullen? This is comic Blade, not movie. Perhaps you should investigate Blade more thoroughly -- and not copy and paste from Wikia or ComicVine, or Marvel.Com, or whatever other fansite you copied and pasted from.

endianprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well looking at reikai's comments on rayne surviving the clock tower fall and threw the streets while having entirely happened I'm not certain it should be used to assess her durability.

its cons are

it was kind of a plotty moment which could be argued by hero of the story favoritism or perhaps extreme luck.

its pros are

aside from bullets its one of the few forms of damage rayne takes that we can accurately assess. 50 stories probably hits terminal velocity. streets can be measured for PSI required to break them and so all of the damage their is put into terms we can measure in the real world.

as for bossmonster's comment about being stabbed in the head and some of the more impressive feats of durability mentioned could you site the comic # and page some things like this were done on. I'd like to take a look. totally believe you by the way just shocking, I had no idea. also could you give an example of blade's skin durability to sharp edges and blades. a sword would be the best example. just basically how easy or not easy does he cut.

and one more with the feats mentioned for rayne and blade - namely the feats of durability mentioned in this post we need to assess whether or not these moments are a true representation of their durability or if it was just writers saying "that would be cool" and do we care. I mean if the writers say its so do we just go with it even if they contradict themselves?

thanks for your help guys I really want to get to the bottom of this lol.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It may not have been 50 stories. Hard to tell. Possibly no more than 30. Took a bit of climbing to get up there and it's the first time you fight Ephemera, who teleports through shadows and drills you and throws shadowy blades and shuriken at you.

You beat her while breaking things in the clocktower, which then breaks apart with you inside it. Rayne falls through it and the station (like a subway) and into the sewers. We don't see a scene of her falling through the entirety, just the scene of the clock breaking apart and then Rayne waking up in the sewers and complaining about her head killing her.

Loading Video...

It may be less about durability and more about survivability. Vampires won't exactly die from a fall or getting buried, unless it's enough rubble to squash them completely. Rayne was certainly hurt, but since Vampires and Dhampirs both have great recouperative abilities, it wouldn't show much after a few moments. And so long as she's not in water or under direct sunlight, she could recover quickly.

endianprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By endianprime

using an advanced set of tools I've extracted various model from the game to determine a number statistics and facts about Rayne's accomplishments.

the clock tower fall

she fell apx. 44 stories

how we know

in the game the enemies use the automag IV which has a set length. I extracted the automag IV and the clock tower and stacked automags beside it to use them as a form of non standard measurement. it turned out that the tower [pending on which of the 3 stories in it you were standing on at the time of its collapse] was about 422.7 feet to ground level, she then fell the sewer an additional 20ish feet. thats 44 stories.

how fast is Rayne?

possibly not fast at all. when Rayne is moving at super speeds she jumps and lands back on the ground as if regular gravity were affecting her. if she were moving super fast then the energy she would need to jump at the same speeds would carry her practically into orbit. if instead the power is that she is slowing down time then she would have to be doing it to everything but herself. which is exactly what seems to be happening so how much can Rayne slow down time?

141.666 times slower than its regular pace.

how do we know

the villains use automag IVs which use 2 types of bullets, the 45 cal. and the 10 mil.the 10 mil. is rather uncommon and hoards of goons have them. I just don't see the cult of Kagan giving 2 shits about the difference of a 10 mil or a 45 so they probably got their hands on what ever was easier. that being said the 45 round the gun fires has a speed of 1200 feet per second. using a tiled room and getting one of the baddies to take a few straight shots we seen how long it would take for the bullet to cross 10 ft.

normally a bullet moving 1200 ft per second would take .008333 seconds to move 10 ft.

it was now taking 17.

10 10

-- --

17 .008333

= 141.666

to be certain that we got a more accurate number because the test was not perfect we timed 4 bullets in this way and got the following results. the easiest average was to say 17.

but what if the bullet was the 10 mil round?

well that has a speed of 1500 ft per sec so Rayne is moving even faster.

later this week I'll come up with a test to determine her strength. that one will be a bit difficult because I can't think of too many scenes in which she clearly is exerting all of her strength.

endianprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well I have tried twice to get that equation to post right. its for the speed section and is supposed to be 10 over 17 next to 10 over .008333.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bloodrayne wins this