#1 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Stipulations:  
>The versions are in the pics above.  
>Everyone is out of character/no morals. 
>Elimination via either Knock-out or Death. 
>This is a Random encounter here.
>Blade's weapons/equipment: Kevlar Armor and two katanas. 
>Gambit's weapons: Staff and 5 decks of cards. 
>Starting distance: In the centre of the place, 25 Feet Apart.

Which team will come out the victor?
#2 Posted by The Hooded Hero (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade and Gambit

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this match. Give it more love, Viners.

Staff
#4 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Well blade can cut lizard right? If not then blade is the weak link. If he can then I have no idea who will win this.

#5 Posted by Illuminatus (9411 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Lizard currently have telepathy?

#6 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:

Doesn't Lizard currently have telepathy?

Yes. But its not pictured in the op.
#7 Posted by ShadowKing (804 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Viners..more love is needed.

#8 Posted by _maverick (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards Team 2.

Shocker is a deciding factor for me at least. Given the location he could cause a lot damage to the area while keeping both members of Team 1 on their toes due to his blast. While also causing potential harm to either of Team 1 (more so Gambit than Blade) due to the area of effect from his blasts. If either Gambit or Blade can dodge some of Shocker's blasts and somehow close the gap. I can see them putting him down. 

#9 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Eric and Remy.

#10 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard and shocker could take this ...

#11 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 for the majority. Shocker could possibly negate Remy's projectiles and I think Lizard could deal with either member of Team 1.

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Team 2 as well. Both Shocker and Lizard can take Gambits blasts if need be and Blade doesn't have the range to properly deal with Shocker.

#13 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9013 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Hooded Hero said:

Blade and Gambit

#14 Posted by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea

#15 Posted by duderkyle (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Shocker solos.

#16 Posted by Immortal777 (5923 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade is the weak link because I don't recall the last time he won a battle on comicvine. lol

#17 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

im saying team 2

#18 Posted by Bossmonster (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

Team One.

Gambit may only have 5 decks of cards but he his in a rock based area. He basically has unlimited projectile attacks that can range in explosive power. Giving him a wider targeting area than shockers two arms (Which I am not down playing. I just feel a fist full of explosive rocks can will cause more confusion, damage. Also, Shocker is most likely not going to hurt Blade too much as he completely tanked a blast from Lilith than practically BFR'd him before running back to the Battle.

I see Team 1 ending Lizard and then moving to finish Shocker.

@Immortal777 said:

Blade is the weak link because I don't recall the last time he won a battle on comicvine. lol

I really don't get that either. This comment isn't aimed at you, but it's so sad to me how underrated Blade is. HellSpawn Blast don't hurt him, but people consider him a "weak link" against Shocker???? Like that's just Low Balling at it's finest.

#19 Posted by Immortal777 (5923 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster: Thats just how it is Blade doesn't have enough showings and people no nothing about him so he usually loses all of his battles.

#20 Edited by Bossmonster (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777:

Well, I finally got my hands on next to all his issues. If I can figure out which crossovers he appeared in and get the digials of those, I will put together a true respect thread for him. The sadest thing about his low cred is that people punish him for "low showings" and that's on the writers. He's pretty consistance with his feats. Why he hasn't had any Issues since 06 is beyond me. I really just don't get that. Any way. I'm still doing the research.
#21 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@The Hooded Hero said:

Blade and Gambit

#22 Posted by Deadgod (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade & Gambit

#23 Posted by tparks (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade has beaten a vampire Spiderman and these are two villains that Spiderman beats quite often. I'm not saying this guarantees a victory, because Blade doesn't have any guns and I think the location gives Shocker the advantage.

Gambit could take both Lizard or Shocker if he gets within range, but I don't think Shocker will let him. Also, I'm not wholly convinced that Gambit could take Lizard at close range the majority of the time.

I think Lizard and Shocker win this 7 out of 10.

If this was a different location without a ton of stone that Shocker can knock on top of Blade and Gambit, I would probably give Blade and Gambit 7 out of 10.

My reasoning is:

In a normal encounter without the location advantage for Shocker, I would give 1v1 matchups like this -

Blade beats Lizard

Blade beats Shocker

Lizard beats Gambit

Gambit beats Shocker

So in 4 one on one matchups, I would say the score would be the Blade and Gambit team win 3 out 4.

#24 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bossmonster said:

@Immortal777:

Well, I finally got my hands on next to all his issues. If I can figure out which crossovers he appeared in and get the digials of those, I will put together a true respect thread for him. The sadest thing about his low cred is that people punish him for "low showings" and that's on the writers. He's pretty consistance with his feats. Why he hasn't had any Issues since 06 is beyond me. I really just don't get that. Any way. I'm still doing the research.

The Blade TV series came out that year.....just sayain.

#25 Posted by Bossmonster (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

ROFL. If that is really the reason, then damn. How lame is the world really??

#26 Posted by laflux (11085 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 with Lizard being the Major Player.