#1 Posted by CortSether (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle is in Manhattan and Blackheart is at the peak of his power.

So, who wins in a...

-random encounter?
-week of prep

#2 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4053 posts) - - Show Bio

Blackheart - random
Doom - Prep

#3 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

Both ways Blackheart takes it and doesnt really need to be anywhere near full power

#4 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4053 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:
" Both ways Blackheart takes it and doesnt really need to be anywhere near full power "
Blackheart isn't defeating Doom if he has his prep time.
#5 Posted by starkwood (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Blackheart is inconceivably powerful.  In a straight battle, I don't think even prep can save Doom.

#6 Posted by xlab3000 (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

dr doom

#7 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom wins.

Doom can summon Cyttorak's Crimson Bands. Blackheart can't.

#8 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4053 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#9 Posted by NeonGameWave (9141 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Black Heart stomps

Round 2: Doom stomps

#10 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@starkwood: A prepless Doom survived a kill-blast from MOD. Blackheart is just another fly on Doom's windshield.

Here's exactly how this fight is gonna go down.

What happened to Nightmare in this scan here, is the EXACT same thing that's gonna happen to Blackheart.

With that said, Doom murder-stomps, with or without prep.

#11 Posted by DarkRaiden (8277 posts) - - Show Bio

From previous feats, Blackheart wins. Doom was hard-pressed to beat Mephisto even with infinite prep, year after year and Blackheart's superior to Mephisto by far at full power. So...I'll say Blackheart both times.

Otherwise I'd say Doom, but feats speak for themselves.

#12 Posted by HellionVulcan (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

Random Blackheart with Prep i am thinking Doom would win .

#13 Posted by cooljammy18 (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear people use a prep as an easy way for a win with a certain character. Doom needs substantial prep to even have a chance, such as he had with other powerhouses he toyed with in the past and managed to get lucky with them. Without extremely lengthy and well thought out planning, Blackheart stomps him effortlessly period.

#14 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Blackheart has done nothing impressive that Doom can't counter.

Unless Blackheart shows resistance to being absorbed the same way Nightmare was, he loses horribly.

#15 Edited by DarkRaiden (8277 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Blackheart has done nothing impressive that Doom can't counter.

Unless Blackheart shows resistance to being absorbed the same way Nightmare was, he loses horribly.

Like I said, Doom with as much prep as possible couldn't do anything to Mephisto and couldn't retrieve his mother's soul without Strange's help. If this were someone on Blackheart's level who wasn't related to Mephisto, maybe I could see Doom winning, but as it stands Blackheart is more powerful than Mephisto IN HIS REALM and has even kicked him out. Not to mention he's stronger around evil people as he's powered by misdeed, but even when he was weaker, he showed complete immortality when Mephisto in his own realm, at least Skyfather level couldn't permanently kill him.

Also Blackheart can rip planets in half with TK, not sure you want that to absorb that into yourself.

#16 Edited by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Scans. All I hear is pointless, unsubstantiated conjecture.

Blackheart never "kicked out" Mephisto by ANY stretch of the imagination. He stabbed him with a blade dipped in innocent blood (the only apparent weakness for a being of evil like Mephisto), then usurped ruler-ship over Hell after finding the throne empty. Blackheart didn't beat his dad under his own power. He did it by exploiting a critical weakness of Mephisto's. He has done absolutely NOTHING impressive in Mephisto's realm either. Complete immortality is not going to save him from being absorbed like Nightmare was.

Blackheart never displayed the ability to rip planets in half with TK, nor was it ever stated on panel that he could do such. Wikipedia information =/= Source material.

Doom's personal adapters are so advanced that they could even absorb reality-warping powers from the likes of Franklin Richards. Absorbing some petulant demon (even if it had telekinesis) would be a cake walk, and a small plus for Doom.

Also, Mephisto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blackheart, so your insistence on using Mephisto as an example for why Doom loses this fight is absurd. Mephisto, at least, held his own against a starving Galactus, and shook some planets in the process while Blackheart has done nothing noteworthy. Blackheart has no defense against the Bands of Cyttorak, which Mephisto was rendered completely HELPLESS by, even in HELL.

Doom, with or without prep, murderstomps. The fight lasts longer if Doom is playing stupid.

#17 Posted by DarkRaiden (8277 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Scans. All I hear is pointless, unsubstantiated conjecture.

Blackheart never "kicked out" Mephisto by ANY stretch of the imagination. He stabbed him with a blade dipped in innocent blood (the only apparent weakness for a being of evil like Mephisto), then usurped ruler-ship over Hell after finding the throne empty. Blackheart didn't beat his dad under his own power. He did it by exploiting a critical weakness of Mephisto's. He has done absolutely NOTHING impressive in Mephisto's realm either. Complete immortality is not going to save him from being absorbed like Nightmare was.

Blackheart never displayed the ability to rip planets in half with TK, nor was it ever stated on panel that he could do such. Wikipedia information =/= Source material.

Doom's personal adapters are so advanced that they could even absorb reality-warping powers from the likes of Franklin Richards. Absorbing some petulant demon (even if it had telekinesis) would be a cake walk, and a small plus for Doom.

Also, Mephisto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blackheart, so your insistence on using Mephisto as an example for why Doom loses this fight is absurd. Mephisto, at least, held his own against a starving Galactus, and shook some planets in the process while Blackheart has done nothing noteworthy. Blackheart has no defense against the Bands of Cyttorak, which Mephisto was rendered completely HELPLESS by, even in HELL.

Doom, with or without prep, murderstomps. The fight lasts longer if Doom is playing stupid.

THat's nice, but I stand by my statement. It's been proven that Mephisto>Doom And Blackheart>Mephisto, and thus I'll say for now, since they're similar but Blackheart is stronger, that Blackheart>Doom.

Also Blackheart DID bring hell to earth overpowering Strange and Hellstrom and beat Red Hulk Ghost Rider Venom. That's damn impressive. And Mephisto couldn't even stop him, and had to bring Red Hulk, Ghost Rider, Venom, and X-23 back to life just to help him.

#18 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

THat's nice, but I stand by my statement. It's been proven that Mephisto>Doom And Blackheart>Mephisto, and thus I'll say for now, since they're similar but Blackheart is stronger, that Blackheart>Doom

Your statement is incorrect. Mephisto has proven, time and again, that he is Blackheart's superior. For instance:

Mephisto treats Blackheart like an insect in his realm and devours him like nothing more than a piece of M&M.

Mephisto overpowers Blackheart again. The fact that he regenerated changes nothing.

Mephisto can strip Blackheart of his powers. This alone makes Mephisto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blackheart.

Blackheart is still nothing but a groveling child-slave to Mephisto in Hell. So, the idea that Blackheart is more powerful than Mephisto in his realm is completely false. Blackheart has done nothing worthy of mention, and consistently FAILED in his EVERY attempt to overthrow his father.

Nowadays, Doom has already discovered a way to strip people of magic powers, and convert MYSTICAL entities like Nightmare into energy and absorb them with ease. Doom has shown capable of absorbing the entirety of humanity's subconscious black energy by draining a Fear Lord. A being who feeds on the evils of humanity like Blackheart is gonna get the SAME treatment. Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blackheart. Doom was only a mid-level mage when Strange helped him free his mother's soul from Hell. Nowadays, Doom can easily do to Mephisto what Dormammu did to him.

Also Blackheart DID bring hell to earth overpowering Strange and Hellstrom and beat Red Hulk Ghost Rider Venom. That's damn impressive. And Mephisto couldn't even stop him, and had to bring Red Hulk, Ghost Rider, Venom, and X-23 back to life just to help him.

Yeah. Blackheart brought Hell to Earth with this, actually:

He never did ANY of that seemingly CRAZY stuff like "killing" Mephisto and turning Las Vegas into a demonic war zone under his own power. Both feats were accomplished through the use of plot devices.

Strange wasn't even the Sorcerer Supreme anymore. Heck, a friggin' MERCENARY could humiliate him now. Daimon Hellstrom isn't even that strong outside his own realm. Again, NOTHING impressive on Blackheart's part.

Red Hulk? Doom took down the Cosmic Hulk, who was already shown to be the Red Hulk's superior. Ghost Rider and Venom are NOTHING to Doom at his peak in tech and magic.

Blackheaert has nothing to back him up except HYPE, which he has never lived up to in his entire career.

Based on this, Doom murderstomps Blackheart both rounds.