• 78 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have there normal equipment, there 20 feet apart and there not holding back.

#2 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye has the advantage in equipment due to the variety of arrows, but Widow is the better and more experienced fighter. Hmm, I'll have to think on this for a bit, but I want to say Black Widow right now, but I am really on the fence about it.

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye owns her in a ranged fight and his acrobatic skills are more than enough to help him keep distance. Ofcourse if she closes the gap it could get ugly, butI think Hawkeye can take her.

#4 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: At only twenty feet away I think Black Widow can close the gap and engage un H2H.

@TAneT62: Where is the battle taking place?

#5 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye's not exactly weak at H2H though. In fact, I know he was trained by Captain America, and while as Ronin had some pretty impressive H2H feats. I'm not convinced that Black Widow is better H2H then Hawkeye, and even if she is it's definately not an auto-win for her if she can close the gap.

I think Widow would put up a good fight, but I'm pretty confident that Hawkeye would win the majority.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (31295 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving this to Hawkeye for the time being.

Moderator
#7 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

if hawkeye can nail her before she gets in close then he wins. if it goes h2h then she wins.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:

if hawkeye can nail her before she gets in close then he wins. if it goes h2h then she wins.

She wouldn't need to go h2h with Hawkeye to beat him.He can't tank the Widow's Sting.
Moderator
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moonchilde said:

Hawkeye's not exactly weak at H2H though. In fact, I know he was trained by Captain America, and while as Ronin had some pretty impressive H2H feats. I'm not convinced that Black Widow is better H2H then Hawkeye, and even if she is it's definately not an auto-win for her if she can close the gap.

I think Widow would put up a good fight, but I'm pretty confident that Hawkeye would win the majority.

Actually as Ronin, Hawkeye has almost no H2H feats.I recall one where he attacked the Dark Avengers but seeing as how they let their guards down and weren't ready for it.It's hard to give him props for that.Hawkeye doesn't have very many h2h feats at all.
Moderator
#10 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: that is very true. but i think it more likely at long distance he would win because he is the better marksman.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
@charlieboy said:

@Vance Astro: that is very true. but i think it more likely at long distance he would win because he is the better marksman.

I think his issue is his style of weapon is inferior.Guns and what ever projectiles Black Widow has are just faster.He's a better marksman than he is a dodger\acrobat.
Moderator
#12 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10829 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning toward BW for the win. If it came down to h2h I think Widow has more impressive feats, but can't she use her widow's sting from only 20 feet apart?

#13 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: i agree with that. when it comes to the physical widow is definitely better.

#14 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Actually as Ronin, Hawkeye has almost no H2H feats.I recall one where he attacked the Dark Avengers but seeing as how they let their guards down and weren't ready for it.It's hard to give him props for that.Hawkeye doesn't have very many h2h feats at all.
Maya Lopez (Echo) commends Hawkeye on his h2h skills. He later sleeps with her.
#15 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@Blood1991: At only twenty feet away I think Black Widow can close the gap and engage un H2H.

@TAneT62: Where is the battle taking place?

In a stadium .. the tokyo superdome. I don't know many Marvel locations, so just play along. Lol

And Black Widow is the better fighter, she's better with guns ... im giving this to the Black Widow. Based on here more impressive feats.

#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still leading toward Clint He has alot of tricks up his sleeve where Widow has her stingers, fist and guns. Clint has explosive arrows, sticky arrows, shock arrows, smoke arrows and other random toys that I think give him the edge.

#17 Edited by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: Cool, Cap is like R. Lee Ermy from FMJ. (Awesome, awesome movie, BTW).

I don't think it's a gauranteed win for Nat in H2H, just that she has the advantage in it. Also she uses H2H more than Clint so it's safe to say its more her element. Also I don't think that Hawkeye would dodge the Widow's Stingers, but at range Hawkeye definately has the advantage, starting at twenty feet away I believe it's in range of her stingers.

@Hemlin: It definately would not be a stomp or anything else like that. If Hawkeye can stay at range he wins. if Widow can close which I think she can, she wins.

#18 Edited by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: But at twenty feet apart would explosive arrows be a wise choice?

@royale_with_cheese: What comic is that from, BTW?

@TAneT62: Thanks. I think Nat would win due to the range (or lack there of). If it was at opposite ends or something I would go with Clint.

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Oh I think he would take his chances if things looked bad, recklessness is part of character lol. I didn't say he would use it just that he could.

#20 Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

Even at 20 feet I think Clint can take this. If he uses a one of the sticky arrows first, and follows it up with a gas arrow, then an explosive arrow to finish it off, he would defiantly knock down or even KO BW. If she's only knocked down, he can easily close the gap, and club her in the head with his bow to finish the fight. I highly doubt the fight would play out that way, since BW is no slouch, and will certainly give Clint one hell of a fight, but I just think Hawkeye would win!

#21 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Fair enough. Yeah, he is a hothead. I could see it now. As he does it the panel is a close up on her face with her eyes are wide in realization as she says something in Russian, most likely whatever is Russian for "Oh, Sh1t" as she goes for cover.

#22 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: And if he survives he has sucessfully created distance XD. Its hard to deciede a fight like this both characters are pretty even in skills.

#23 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Agreed. It really depends on the scenario.

#24 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still giving this to Black Widow due to her h2h, stingers, and her feats.

#25 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
Her what?
Moderator
#26 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@charlieboy said:

if hawkeye can nail her before she gets in close then he wins. if it goes h2h then she wins.

She wouldn't need to go h2h with Hawkeye to beat him.He can't tank the Widow's Sting.

Agreed.

#27 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Vance Astro said:

Actually as Ronin, Hawkeye has almost no H2H feats.I recall one where he attacked the Dark Avengers but seeing as how they let their guards down and weren't ready for it.It's hard to give him props for that.Hawkeye doesn't have very many h2h feats at all.
Maya Lopez (Echo) commends Hawkeye on his h2h skills. He later sleeps with her.

Funny thing is that Cap seemingly failed in his claim that Hawkeye will be least known for his bow and arrow thing. In fact, he is literally known for nothing else.

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Vance Astro said:

Actually as Ronin, Hawkeye has almost no H2H feats.I recall one where he attacked the Dark Avengers but seeing as how they let their guards down and weren't ready for it.It's hard to give him props for that.Hawkeye doesn't have very many h2h feats at all.
Maya Lopez (Echo) commends Hawkeye on his h2h skills. He later sleeps with her.

Funny thing is that Cap seemingly failed in his claim that Hawkeye will be least known for his bow and arrow thing. In fact, he is literally known for nothing else.

And, I was unaware that taking down fodder ninjas just like everyone else counted as "serious skill."
Staff
#29 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

And, I was unaware that taking down fodder ninjas just like everyone else counted as "serious skill."

It becomes serious skill when writers are trying to boost a character's cred lol.

#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@charlieboy said:

if hawkeye can nail her before she gets in close then he wins. if it goes h2h then she wins.

She wouldn't need to go h2h with Hawkeye to beat him.He can't tank the Widow's Sting.
I love how Kraven called them "infernal stings!" lol
Staff
#31 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@Stronger said:

Well if this is h2h I would give it to Natasha due to better feats.(She kinda wrecked him in the movie too:P)

If this is full equipment though this goes to Hawkeye.

Thank you for the spoilers... -_-

This is why it should have been released in America first.

#32 Posted by SlimJ87D (10741 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Stronger said:

Well if this is h2h I would give it to Natasha due to better feats.(She kinda wrecked him in the movie too:P)

If this is full equipment though this goes to Hawkeye.

Thank you for the spoilers... -_-

This is why it should have been released in America first.

Online
#33 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D:

LOL I will save that for later. At work right now.

#34 Posted by SlimJ87D (10741 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: That sounds like a promise.

Online
#35 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I was unaware that I even used the term "serious skill". What I actually wrote was "h2h skill"..........The scans that I posted were to demonstrate some of h2h feats, not a testimony of his "serious skill".

#36 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Vance Astro said:

Actually as Ronin, Hawkeye has almost no H2H feats.I recall one where he attacked the Dark Avengers but seeing as how they let their guards down and weren't ready for it.It's hard to give him props for that.Hawkeye doesn't have very many h2h feats at all.
Maya Lopez (Echo) commends Hawkeye on his h2h skills. He later sleeps with her.
I believe that was IF who complimented him.
#37 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint.

#38 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow should have the advantage.

She should have lots and lots of skill feats because of her age.

She should have impressive physical feats because of her enhancements.

But.. she doesn't have anything that impressive. Which is lame.

#39 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

I believe that was IF who complimented him.

That could very well be the case, as Danny was sitting closer to Clint than Maya. I just find it strange that Iron Fist would be interacting with Hawkeye.

#40 Posted by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@k4tzm4n: I was unaware that I even used the term "serious skill". What I actually wrote was "h2h skill"..........The scans that I posted were to demonstrate some of h2h feats, not a testimony of his "serious skill".

I was remarking on the scan and Erik's remark, not anything you said yourself.
Staff
#41 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I believe that was IF who complimented him.

That could very well be the case, as Danny was sitting closer to Clint than Maya. I just find it strange that Iron Fist would be interacting with Hawkeye.

... Why wouldn't he?
#42 Edited by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: Well for starters, prior to joining the New Avengers, Iron Fist has never been a mainstream hero (in reality and in the MU), whereas Hawkeye has always wanted the limelight and has been a poster boy for the primary roster of the Avengers for at least 20 years now. They've never had history together (that I know of), so it's strange seeing Bendis trying to get them to interact.

#43 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

black widow for faster weapons and better hand to hand feats.7 out of 10

#44 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone enlighten me on all of these Black Widow feats. I keep hearing about how impressive/better she is but haven't seen anything. Even just credible sources or accounting's will do.

#45 Edited by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Ferro Vida: Well for starters, prior to joining the New Avengers, Iron Fist has never been a mainstream hero (in reality and in the MU), whereas Hawkeye has always wanted the limelight and has been a poster boy for the primary roster of the Avengers for at least 20 years now. They've never had history together (that I know of), so it's strange seeing Bendis trying to get them to interact.

...  
 
How...  
 
Following this logic, Maya wouldn't say anything to Hawkeye either because she ALSO has no history with him. And whoever is talking to him isn't calling him Clint, they are calling him Hawkeye. That tells that they DON'T know him very well. And I distinctly recall that it was IF talking to him anyway. 
 
Your logic is so bad here that it actually makes my head hurt.
#46 Posted by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#47 Posted by Cutthroat (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Thanks (Andy here)

#48 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on Widows feats im going with her ...

#49 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@TAneT62: You made the thread... Aren't you biased?
#50 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@TAneT62: You made the thread... Aren't you biased?

I created this thread to see what everyone thought ... I don't really know much about BW, was just wondering.