Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Black Templar Space Marine

No Caption Provided

Master Chief

No Caption Provided

Noble Team (Noble Six, Jorge, Emile, and Carter)

No Caption Provided

Scenario

Win by death

30 minutes of prep

Black Templar: Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, and Power Fist

Master Chief and Noble Team armed with: Battle Rifles, Sniper Rifles, 1 frag grenade, and 1 Spike grenade

Setting

Who wins?

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doomnaut

Bump!

Kainboa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kainboa

Poor noble team, the only weapons they have, which will get the attention of the space marine, are the grenades, and even they aren't powerful enough to actually put him down.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@doomnaut: Wow, Nobel Team decimates. Really does. If this was a Space Marine of amazing skill like Captain Titus, or some other Name Space Marine Special Character, then they could win.

However the basic Space Marine... no. Power Armour is awesome, however 5 tons of force is enough to harm it and it still has weak points in the Neck, Eye Lens, and all the Joints. The team of Spartans are just as Fast, Strong, and close to as durable with Shields to bring this Space Marine down quick.

1 on 1 a Veteran Space Marine could take Master Chief. A average Black Templar against this group! Hells to the no.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomnaut: Wow, Nobel Team decimates. Really does. If this was a Space Marine of amazing skill like Captain Titus, or some other Name Space Marine Special Character, then they could win.

However the basic Space Marine... no. Power Armour is awesome, however 5 tons of force is enough to harm it and it still has weak points in the Neck, Eye Lens, and all the Joints. The team of Spartans are just as Fast, Strong, and close to as durable with Shields to bring this Space Marine down quick.

1 on 1 a Veteran Space Marine could take Master Chief. A average Black Templar against this group! Hells to the no.

What this guy said.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black templar faces much greater threats in the universe than the spartans...He destroys them

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief solos.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, you chose one of the weakest singule Space Marine to fight a team that's really good and fast.

I can't actually see MC Soloing like someone is saying, not with those weapons, but the team should be fine.

I'll always support Space Marine>>Spartan And Space Marine veteran>Master Chief, but this is just too much.

And i'd really like to know how the SM will use that set of equipment, it's just so much nonsense, take out one of the weapons.

Make it 3 black templars or,even better, Tigurius+Leandros, both with jump pack, and It will be a fair fight.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: I love Warhammer, but I don't know what about it suggests that anybody short of Captain Titus could beat Chief, let alone some nameless marine that's not even a veteran.

I don't see any character, Captain, veteran, or otherwise, taking out this team.

Master Chief alone would be a challenge for any Space Marine, and I think it's fair to say the whole Noble Team together =1 Master Chief.

Either way, the Team wins in a stomp fest.

Jmarshmallow

Kainboa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If one of the bolter rounds hit any of the Noble Team, they're out of the fight. If the Space Marine hits any of the noble team with either his chainsword or powerfist, they're out of the fight.

Meanwhile, the only way the Noble Team can do any kind of damage to the Space Marine, is by engaging him in CQC, since their weapons simply aren't powerful enough to penetrate his armor.

If they do engage him in CQC, they need to deal with an opponent, who is fast enough to dodge and deflect bullets, which means they aren't getting out of it without taking some hits.

I will agree that it is possible for Noble team to take him down, but doing so will render most of the noble team dead, and due to his regeneration, the chances of that happening are very slim.

Space marine takes this 8-9/10

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Noble team but its not a stomp. The weapons the Halo team have are very poor in terms of damage out-put. Heck battle rifles are pretty damn close to the standard automatic rifles we have now and aren't really going to slow a Marine down in the slightest. Noble team will take it due to MC's ability to strategist and keep the marine on its toes and looking for an opening when the marine goes for his teammates.

Master Chief would not solo this.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: I love Warhammer, but I don't know what about it suggests that anybody short of Captain Titus could beat Chief, let alone some nameless marine that's not even a veteran.

I don't see any character, Captain, veteran, or otherwise, taking out this team.

Master Chief alone would be a challenge for any Space Marine, and I think it's fair to say the whole Noble Team together =1 Master Chief.

Either way, the Team wins in a stomp fest.

Jmarshmallow

If you read my post i say SM veteran>Chief.

I only say this because of the weapons the Haloverse has, the only one i can se actually putting down the SM is that big fancy laser, that shots once and then needs recharge, and SM from novels have reacted to las bolts.

I said that Tigurius+Leandros with jetpacks could make it,never said one single sm could,in particular Tigurius won't be harmed badly by nothingthis team can dish out, his durability is high even for the SM standards.

Oh, and there would be one character able to solo.

Piromantic Librarian!Telepathic Librarian!Standard Librarian!

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A "space marine" ranked black templar is a bit too inexperienced to handle this. Make it a Black Templar CAPTAIN, and we've got a battle here. Team wins under these conditions.

JudgeNeptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JudgeNeptune

@the_last_kryptonian: There is no such a thing like an "inexperienced Space Marine" .... every single one is an elite warrior, with 50+ years of combat...

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judgeneptune: You know what I meant. A normal space marine isn't as experienced as a Captain leveled space marine, and a Captain would stand a much better chance against this team. No need to nitpick.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Energy sword and gravity hammer could do the trick.

Jmarshmallow

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Energy sword and gravity hammer could do the trick.

Jmarshmallow

Well, no, imho.

Haloverse Energy swords<<40k power weapons, they're feats are more at chainsword level, and SM know that killing eatchother with a chainsword is a long and difficult story.

The gravity hammer is big and unconfortable,and i think the SM are already more agile/have better reflexes, no i don't see that working.

This team vs 1 SM? They win.

This team vs 2 non veteran SM?Good fight, depends on equip.

This team vs Leandros+Tigurius full equip?Ultramarine team win.

And i don't like Ultramarines.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Master Chief can wield the gravity hammer likes it's nothing. It's not really big and uncomfortable for him.

And better reflexes? Master Chief has at LEAST 20 millisecond reaction time, and that's outside of his suit.

The Spartans capabilities only grow with time, and the 20 millisecond feat was when he first got his upgrades, without even having his suit. By now he's probably insanely faster.

Add in the fact that the suit multiplies his reflexes by 5, plus when he's in combat it gets multiplied by another unknown factor.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Space Marines don't have anywhere near that caliber of reflexes and combat speed.

Jmarshmallow

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pierpat

@jmarshmallow said:

@pierpat: Master Chief can wield the gravity hammer likes it's nothing. It's not really big and uncomfortable for him.

And better reflexes? Master Chief has at LEAST 20 millisecond reaction time, and that's outside of his suit.

The Spartans capabilities only grow with time, and the 20 millisecond feat was when he first got his upgrades, without even having his suit. By now he's probably insanely faster.

Add in the fact that the suit multiplies his reflexes by 5, plus when he's in combat it gets multiplied by another unknown factor.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Space Marines don't have anywhere near that caliber of reflexes and combat speed.

Jmarshmallow

Well, feats about that?

I know we have the teary, I've seen the scans of the books, but somewhere we've actually seen this insane level of speed?

I can give you sm dodging bullets after they're fired, and i can't really see how, with standard equip, that team could get easily to close quarters with Leandros+Tigurius, leave alone the jetpack trick that would make it useless.

And a decent feat for the gravity hammer? It has to go over things that cut adamantium and cement easily, over something with a destructive field around it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@the_last_kryptonian said:

@judgeneptune: You know what I meant. A normal space marine isn't as experienced as a Captain leveled space marine, and a Captain would stand a much better chance against this team. No need to nitpick.

Not true. Space Marine Captains can be more skilled than their squad mates but they are mainly chosen for their leadership skills. A standard Marine can and has beaten a Captain in single combat when the gear was equalized.

@jmarshmallow said:

Space Marines have faster than Nanospeed reactions:

The Word Bearer is almost unrecognisable. For a nanosecond, the figure registers to Luciel as an unknown, a threat.

Transhuman responses are already there, unbidden. Adrenaline spikes to heighten an already formidable reaction time. Muscle remembers. Luciel wears his boltgun, an oiled black pit bull of a weapon, in his thigh holster. He can draw, aim and fire in less than a second. The range is six metres, the target unobstructed. There is no chance of missing. Maximus plate, frontally augmented, might stop a mass-reactive shell, so Luciel will fire two and aim for the visor slits. The airgate skin-sleeve is self-repairing, and will survive las-fire damage, but a bolter shot will shred it open, so Luciel also braces for the explosive decompression of a ricochet or a miss-hit. At a simple, subconscious neural urge, boot-sole electromagnets charge to clamp onto the deck plates.

He can make a clean kill headshot in less than a second and a half, two rounds for kill insurance, and probably protect the atmospheric integrity of the airgate.

All this, all this decided, unbidden, instinctive, in less than a nanosecond.

-Dawn Of War Omnibus Page 258

So yeah they are faster.

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Oh yes they are. Wanna know how fast these guys are?

Here is one deflecting EVERY bullet from an automatic machinegun at POINT BLANK range while simultaneously catching bullets in his other hand:

Amakyre dodged backwards and let himself fall from the platform rather than face Veq’s blade, honed from the heart of a star and white-hot to all but Veq himself.

Gunfire erupted again from below. Veq swatted away a score of bullets from the Obliterator and caught three more with his free hand, throwing them back down to the floor of the bridge with a curse. The young one, the most dangerous, fired a well-aimed shot at his temple, but Veq flicked his head to the side and the silenced bolt flittered past him.

Veq took two steps and leapt, dropping through the lattice of bullet trails to land directly in front of the Obliterator whose every weapon was blazing at him from point-blank range. The star-sword cut through the air as Veq met every bullet, sending a sparkling fan of deflected fire in every direction.

-Daemon World Page 472

These guys are stupidly quick.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pierpat

@the_last_kryptonian said:

Not true. Space Marine Captains can be more skilled than their squad mates but they are mainly chosen for their leadership skills. A standard Marine can and has beaten a Captain in single combat when the gear was equalized.

@jmarshmallow said:

Space Marines have faster than Nanospeed reactions:

The Word Bearer is almost unrecognisable. For a nanosecond, the figure registers to Luciel as an unknown, a threat.

Transhuman responses are already there, unbidden. Adrenaline spikes to heighten an already formidable reaction time. Muscle remembers. Luciel wears his boltgun, an oiled black pit bull of a weapon, in his thigh holster. He can draw, aim and fire in less than a second. The range is six metres, the target unobstructed. There is no chance of missing. Maximus plate, frontally augmented, might stop a mass-reactive shell, so Luciel will fire two and aim for the visor slits. The airgate skin-sleeve is self-repairing, and will survive las-fire damage, but a bolter shot will shred it open, so Luciel also braces for the explosive decompression of a ricochet or a miss-hit. At a simple, subconscious neural urge, boot-sole electromagnets charge to clamp onto the deck plates.

He can make a clean kill headshot in less than a second and a half, two rounds for kill insurance, and probably protect the atmospheric integrity of the airgate.

All this, all this decided, unbidden, instinctive, in less than a nanosecond.

-Dawn Of War Omnibus Page 258

So yeah they are faster.

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Oh yes they are. Wanna know how fast these guys are?

Here is one deflecting EVERY bullet from an automatic machinegun at POINT BLANK range while simultaneously catching bullets in his other hand:

Amakyre dodged backwards and let himself fall from the platform rather than face Veq’s blade, honed from the heart of a star and white-hot to all but Veq himself.

Gunfire erupted again from below. Veq swatted away a score of bullets from the Obliterator and caught three more with his free hand, throwing them back down to the floor of the bridge with a curse. The young one, the most dangerous, fired a well-aimed shot at his temple, but Veq flicked his head to the side and the silenced bolt flittered past him.

Veq took two steps and leapt, dropping through the lattice of bullet trails to land directly in front of the Obliterator whose every weapon was blazing at him from point-blank range. The star-sword cut through the air as Veq met every bullet, sending a sparkling fan of deflected fire in every direction.

-Daemon World Page 472

Thanks for taking out the scans/feats from the books, i just did not have the energy.

There would be one where they even react to lightning and Laser bolts.

The SM are not human.

They are not soldiers.

They are angels of death.

And i hate the "standard SM" talk you guys are doing, a SM with the power armor and Bolt gun has been thru at least 100 years of war, in service as scout,destroyer and assault marine before taking his requiem and becoming what you call a "standard Space marine".

He has an experience and a mental/tactical asset that dwarfs any modern elite soldier.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Master Chief gets shot alot and has such issues in H2H. How does his stated reflexes compare to his actual feats? They really do not match up.

-Daemon World Page 472

Hell Yeah! I use to have that book lol.

Kainboa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Except of course for the fact that the Noble team has neither the Energy sword or the Gravity hammer, which makes your post completely irrelevant.

Do you have any rational arguments, for how the Noble team could win this fight as easily as you claim, that doesn't consists of giving them weapons which the OP hasn't granted them?

Instead of your fanboyish claim that the Master chief could solo this, which is unbacked by any kind of evidence, or even a plan of attack.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Templar splatters them, I can't conceivably see anything in Noble Team's arsenal that can get past his armor, whereas a hit by any one of the BT's weapons will be guaranteed to put them out of the fight, the margin of error is way in the favor of the Space Marine.

As others have already pointed out already, a fully-armored Space Marine already has years of experience and training under his belt, so that argument against him is out of the window. Spartans are probably Scout Marine level at best with better protection and weaker standard armament.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kainboa: Why would I need to give any rational arguments for Noble Team, when I'm saying Chief can solo this?

Now, if you would kindly read the whole conversation between me and Pierpat, instead of just taking everything out of context, the statement about the energy sword and gravity hammer was about the Haloverse not having powerful enough weapons to take down a Veteran Space Marine.

It was NOT about this battle specifically. So I suppose that makes your post irrelevant.

And it's usually nice that before you come into a battle and call someone a fanboy, that you actually put in a post that's meaningful, instead of an mean-spirited attempt to just insult and demoralize your opponent.

So try again, put in a post telling me your genius plan of attack, and then we'll have a party.

And I ask that you don't just be like "What everyone else said is my argument." Please come up with one yourself.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@strider92: And now to respond to your excellent points!

First off, that doesn't really prove that they have nanosecond reactions. All it does is prove that they can think of a PLAN in a second. In fact, it says it takes a little under a second and a half to get a headshot. A second and a half is not nanosecond reaction time.

Now planning in a nanosecond is impressive, but nothing that Cortana can't do. Assuming Chief has Cortana in this fight, she is able to go through, IIRC, like a million possibilities in a second. Hopefully @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek can give me the specifics, but it's something like that.

On top of that, Chief can actually REACT faster than 20 milliseconds, something that Space Marines can't do, to my knowledge.

In addition, Chief has not only dodged shots at point blank range, but he has also swatted away a RPG. That's a little bit more than swatting away bullets if you ask me.

That's not to say swatting away a score (which for the record, we don't know how much that is. Could be 3, 5, 10, 15, etc.) of bullets isn't impressive. But considering the size of their bodies compared to the size of the bullets, I'm sure it wasn't ridiculously hard. It does show good durability, but Chief has shrugged off all kinds of weaponry multiple times, from standard UNSC weaponry to the Convenant's plasma weaponry. I imagine he could do the same to the Space Marines weapons, or at least some of them.

Add in his shield, and I really don't see how an average Black Templar Space Marine outclasses him.

I look forward to your response!

Jmarshmallow

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Noble team but its not a stomp. The weapons the Halo team have are very poor in terms of damage out-put. Heck battle rifles are pretty damn close to the standard automatic rifles we have now and aren't really going to slow a Marine down in the slightest. Noble team will take it due to MC's ability to strategist and keep the marine on its toes and looking for an opening when the marine goes for his teammates.

Well the ingame weapon damage in Halo isn't much but in the comic/novels depending on the weapon could kill instantly not a space marine but continuous fire would end up killing him .

Kainboa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Why would I need to give any rational arguments for Noble Team, when I'm saying Chief can solo this?

You're right, you don't need to give any rational arguments for your fanboyish claims. of course without such, your claims will be ignored as the inane fanboyish prattle it is, rather than a possible argument that could convince somebody that your side is correct in the discussion.

Now, if you would kindly read the whole conversation between me and Pierpat, instead of just taking everything out of context, the statement about the energy sword and gravity hammer was about the Haloverse not having powerful enough weapons to take down a Veteran Space Marine.

It was NOT about this battle specifically. So I suppose that makes your post irrelevant.

You're partially right, and I apologize for jumping in without reading the entire argument. My point still stands however.

Neither Energy sword nor Gravity hammer are in this fight, as such any argument involving those, are at best a minor side-issue, with minuscule impact on the battle itself, and in general, irrelevant.

And it's usually nice that before you come into a battle and call someone a fanboy, that you actually put in a post that's meaningful, instead of an mean-spirited attempt to just insult and demoralize your opponent.

Indeed, and I did, however since your first post consisted of a fanboyish claim, without any arguments nor a plan of attack, this particular point simply makes you look like a hypocrite, rather than as somebody who would actually follow such a path of behaviour.

So try again, put in a post telling me your genius plan of attack, and then we'll have a party.

And I ask that you don't just be like "What everyone else said is my argument." Please come up with one yourself.

I suggest you invest in a new pair of reading glasses, since you quite obviously missed both of my previous posts, where I gave some reasons for why the Space marine takes this fight, however since you have such a hard time reading I will include them at the end of this post.

@kainboa said:

Poor noble team, the only weapons they have, which will get the attention of the space marine, are the grenades, and even they aren't powerful enough to actually put him down.

@kainboa said:

If one of the bolter rounds hit any of the Noble Team, they're out of the fight. If the Space Marine hits any of the noble team with either his chainsword or powerfist, they're out of the fight.

Meanwhile, the only way the Noble Team can do any kind of damage to the Space Marine, is by engaging him in CQC, since their weapons simply aren't powerful enough to penetrate his armor.

If they do engage him in CQC, they need to deal with an opponent, who is fast enough to dodge and deflect bullets, which means they aren't getting out of it without taking some hits.

I will agree that it is possible for Noble team to take him down, but doing so will render most of the noble team dead, and due to his regeneration, the chances of that happening are very slim.

Space marine takes this 8-9/10

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92 said:

Well the ingame weapon damage in Halo isn't much but in the comic/novels depending on the weapon could kill instantly not a space marine but continuous fire would end up killing him .

Doubt it, UNSC chemically propelled small arms are on par with today's small arms, and those aren't going to do a thing against Space Marine power armor. Unless they have a Spartan Laser on hand and a hefty amount of distractions to keep the Black Templar from noticing the guy with the biggest weapon on the team and splattering him, there's nothing they can do to conceivably hurt him.

Getting in close with the Space Marine will be the worst thing they can do, not only do they lack anything in this scenario to hurt him in close combat, but the marine will have far more experience and skill in melee against more numerous and more dangerous opponents

... that and they're going to get ripped apart by his chainsword and punched into pieces by his power fist.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition, Chief has not only dodged shots at point blank range, but he has also swatted away a RPG. That's a little bit more than swatting away bullets if you ask me.

How? An RPG is far bigger than a bullet and moves far slower.

That's not to say swatting away a score (which for the record, we don't know how much that is. Could be 3, 5, 10, 15, etc.) of bullets isn't impressive. But considering the size of their bodies compared to the size of the bullets, I'm sure it wasn't ridiculously hard. It does show good durability, but Chief has shrugged off all kinds of weaponry multiple times, from standard UNSC weaponry to the Convenant's plasma weaponry. I imagine he could do the same to the Space Marines weapons, or at least some of them.

The shots were from an Obliterator. This guy:

No Caption Provided

Obliterators have upwards of 7 guns they can use at any given moment so lets review that.

Look here:

Veq took two steps and leapt, dropping through the lattice of bullet trails to land directly in front of the Obliterator whose every weapon was blazing at him from point-blank range.

A Space Marine at POINT BLANK range with 7 guns all blasting at him on full automatic and this was his reaction:

The star-sword cut through the air as Veq met every bullet, sending a sparkling fan of deflected fire in every direction.

He deflected EVERY bullet from 7 automatic weapons at POINT BLANK range. Every bullet. Has MC done anything close to that at all? Not to my knowledge.

Space Marines have far more impressive speed feats. Heck they move so fast it causes the human brain to go into shock and shut-down:

Transhuman dread. Aximand had heard iterators talk of the condition. He’d heard descriptions of it from regular Army officers too. The sight of an Adeptus Astartes was one thing: taller and broader than a man could ever be, armoured like a demigod. The singularity of purpose was self-evident. An Adeptus Astartes was designed to fight and kill anything that didn’t annihilate it first. If you saw an Adeptus Astartes, you knew you were in trouble. The appearance alone cowed you with fear.

But to see one move. Apparently that was the real thing. Nothing human-shaped should be so fast, so lithe, so powerful, especially not anything in excess of two metres tall and carrying more armour than four normal men could lift. The sight of an Adeptus Astartes was one thing, but the moving fact of one was quite another. The psychologists called it transhuman dread. It froze a man, stuck him to the ground, caused his mind to lock up, made him lose control of bladder and bowel. Something huge and warlike gave pause: something huge and warlike and moving with the speed of a striking snake, that was when you knew that gods moved amongst men, and that there existed a scale of strength and speed beyond anything mortal, and that you were about to die and, if you were really lucking, there might be just enough time to piss yourself first.

-Age Of Darkness Page 163

They move so fast it shuts down the human brain and regularly avoid Bolter fire that move at Mach 2.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@kainboa: Again, I don't need to give any rational arguments for Noble Team, because they're not involved in my "fanboyish claims."

My only claims are for Master Chief. I don't feel the rest of this matchup are necessary.

As for my claims of Master Chief, I just posted my arguments. Or at least, a part of them. If you care to attack them, instead of me, that'd be just swell.

And he made a statement about weaponry in Halo, so I answered him. I don't see why you're so focused on that. No, it doesn't exactly pertain to this specific battle. But am I not allowed to veer of topic for a moment to answer his question? I should hope so.

And once again, I've already began to explain my point. I implore you to refute those, if you can, so we can have a proper debate.

My apologies for not recognizing yours, I suppose I didn't notice them for whatever reason.

I hope we can end this pissing contest, which ironically is as unrelated to this battle as the Halo weaponry topic.

Good day.

Jmarshmallow

glubgluby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saying MC could solo is silly. With the team I'd say MAYBE 50-50 chance. They'd need to get a good surround on him and aim for weak spots in his armor (eyes) CQC is suicide against a SM

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strider1992

@pierpat: On a slightly unrelated note did you see the Black Library announcement? Kharn Vs Azrael is going down!!!!

No Caption Provided

Kharn FTW!!!! Although whoever wins the fight will be beastly.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pierpat

@strider92: oh god, this will be epic, and i think azrael would win, he's just too fast for kharn, even if kharn has more hype on him.

I'm really focused on the 30k atm, but i'll find time for that!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strider1992

@pierpat: Going on feats alone Kharn should win (mainly due to his god-like skill he showed in "The Weakness Of Others") but no writer who favors the Imperium is going to allow Kharn to kill an established character like Azrael. Although they did allow Kharn to kill Sigismund and curbstomp Erebus but who knows.

Also Ahzek might be facing Mephiston soon. All I can say is they better give Meph an upgrade or Ahzek will own him. Current Ahzek is stupidly powerful at moment.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: well, he is the most powerful human(well, ex-human) psyker in the galaxy...,

I fear for mepphy, his incredible physical stats won't help him this time.

And recently BL tends to give the eldar charachters the edge on 1vs1 fights, when they happen.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@pierpat: Going on feats alone Kharn should win (mainly due to his god-like skill he showed in "The Weakness Of Others") but no writer who favors the Imperium is going to allow Kharn to kill an established character like Azrael. Although they did allow Kharn to kill Sigismund and curbstomp Erebus but who knows.

Also Ahzek might be facing Mephiston soon. All I can say is they better give Meph an upgrade or Ahzek will own him. Current Ahzek is stupidly powerful at moment.

Mephisto spanked M'Kaar. The Thrice Reborn. The top 3 Deamon Princes in Warhammer fiction :) He can take Ahriman for a few minuets I am sure.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@strider92: well, he is the most powerful human(well, ex-human) psyker in the galaxy...,

Well he's still pretty human. I mean he hasn't mutated or anything he still looks human beneathy his helm. Ahz just uses stuff the Imperium can't which gives him a big advantage.

@pierpat said:

And recently BL tends to give the eldar charachters the edge on 1vs1 fights, when they happen.

Not surprising really. I mean when you think about it a single Eldar can be over 10thousand years old. They should by no means get stomped on by Astrates when they have that much experience and have incredible levels of speed. A Shadowseer gave Ahzek pause in Atlas Infernal (Ahzek Vs Harlequins and Shadowseer was one of the most badass fights ever to appear in the BL). Then again I am an Azhek fan-boy so maybe it was just for that reason lol.

Mephisto spanked M'Kaar. The Thrice Reborn. The top 3 Deamon Princes in Warhammer fiction :) He can take Ahriman for a few minuets I am sure.

Just out of curiosity does Mephiston have any psyker feats? I know he uses the Warp to make himself a physical badass (probably not far off the 100ton region) but has he shown any psyker abilities like TK or even the classic Blood Angel Blood Control?

Unfortuantely the BL only printed a limited amount of copies for The Lord Of Death so I didn't get to read it T.T. Seriously the BL should bring out every book in Ebook form so people who aren't collectors can still read the stories..........

And did you see how much Blood Reaver is selling for now cuz its not being printed? 300+ on Amazon!

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: @strider92: guys, i'm really surprised there are good 40k knowers here, why don't we open a thread about this is gen. discussion or off topic?

I love talking about 40k, but i hate off topicss and we're really far from OP here.

Anyway, about eldars, they are basically very good, but kharn's recent feats are just tremendous.....

And mepphy does have only psyker feats for phisical boosts or flyng, not for tp/blasts/energy that i can recall

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Strider1992

@pierpat: We already have one :)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/all-things-warhammer-40k-683070/

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw said:

Just out of curiosity does Mephiston have any psyker feats? I know he uses the Warp to make himself a physical badass (probably not far off the 100ton region) but has he shown any psyker abilities like TK or even the classic Blood Angel Blood Control?

Unfortuantely the BL only printed a limited amount of copies for The Lord Of Death so I didn't get to read it T.T. Seriously the BL should bring out every book in Ebook form so people who aren't collectors can still read the stories..........

And did you see how much Blood Reaver is selling for now cuz its not being printed? 300+ on Amazon!

I own Blood Reaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to SELL!

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight is another example of this site being biased towards 40k but you know what Chief and Nobel team can and will pull this out all those book feats where from named SM's. Master Chief and Noble ARE weaker than the Black Templar but only individually combined they can pull this off.

as a cavait dose Chief have Cortona on him? if he dose this will go to the Spartans 7/10 without I would say 6/10

A named SM on the outer hand with good armor could take them 7/10

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Umbraa

@strider92:

He's pretty much on a entirely different level. From his books.He can use *all* of the Blood Angel powers (past and present) and beyond. Stuff like creating wrap-black holes that swallow Rhinos, slicing reality with his sword, moving so fast that a warp enhanced/sorcerer traitor marine can't react then crushing his skull, crushing chaos marines skeletons to dust with TK, smacking greater daemons, choking out daemon princes, erecting golden shields. He's like 40k Goku's, with a sword and kills without hesitation.

There is something up with him and it's not unlocking his geneseed. He's either a Perpetual and a daemon prince of Sanguineus or a about to fall to Chaos. I think it's the former. The way it described, he can control the warp like nothing.

He would alone own all the Halo guys mentioned in this thread with ease.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Chaos Prime

This fight is another example of this site being biased towards 40k but you know what Chief and Nobel team can and will pull this out all those book feats where from named SM's. Master Chief and Noble ARE weaker than the Black Templar but only individually combined they can pull this off.

as a cavait dose Chief have Cortona on him? if he dose this will go to the Spartans 7/10 without I would say 6/10

A named SM on the outer hand with good armor could take them 7/10

No way Jose :) & yes it is said in jest as u did make that remark over 3 months ago ;)

Nate_Kudlich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the Spartans don't have any weapons that could really get through the Space Marine's armor their chance of success is very low. The space marine is more than strong enough to beat them in hand to hand combat especially if he's using a chainsword (a very large, heavy monomolecular-edged 3 ft. long chainsaw) and powerfist. The powerfist would decimate any spartan as would the chainsword. Added the fact that Space Marines are much more heavily augmented when inducted into a chapter than the Spartans are.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marine

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures

The Black Templars only claim to fame are they are very zealous. They're not notable warriors like the Blood Angels and Space Wolves are. If this was a BA or SW against Spartans then there would be no contest. Each chapter is different cause each chapter is from a different world.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Templars

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team

john_7547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude you guys need to either stop doing these vs matches or look at the other weapons and technologies available to Spartans. Because common sense tells you the bolters 19mm round beats the standard rifles of the Unsc infantry.

Spartans have access to other weapons that are much more powerful than what Unsc Marines carry.

Current examples include the Hydra MLRS and M-920 Railgun to name two of them.