venom

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ImbecilicSage

This is a really good vs. topic, and to be honest, I have no definitive answer in terms of the practical nature of the characters being the only thing taken into consideration. I'd like to see Venom win, and I think he would win in terms of what actually would happen in a comic if they fought just for commercial value... But, in terms of how the fight might go within a TRUE confrontation, that's really tough. Ultimately (though this is really difficult) I would say Venom takes it just because of the cerebral edge the symbiote and/or Brock (I'm going to assume you're referring to classic Venom) exhibit over Carlos, also not to mention everything the symbiote can form into. There are a lot of stops that Venom could pull out within that regard that Carlos probably couldn't even fathom.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Tarantula.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

I brought up a thread on this character after reading about him. He's awesome and beat Spiderman without really trying. This is something Venom has never done. My bet is on BT.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Alpha says:

"I brought up a thread on this character after reading about him. He's awesome and beat Spiderman without really trying. This is something Venom has never done. My bet is on BT."

Agreed.

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImbecilicSage

The only means Spider-Man has beaten Venom though are through exploiting the symbiote's weaknesses and/or Eddie Brock's sense of morality. If Spider-Man wasn't as nerdy as he was and Eddie was as amoral as most of Spider-Man's villains, Spidey wouldn't stand a chance. BT is a moron, and thusly Classic Venom would have at least a slight edge.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

ImbecilicSage says:

"The only means Spider-Man has beaten Venom though are through exploiting the symbiote's weaknesses and/or Eddie Brock's sense of morality. If Spider-Man wasn't as nerdy as he was and Eddie was as amoral as most of Spider-Man's villains, Spidey wouldn't stand a chance. BT is a moron, and thusly Classic Venom would have at least a slight edge."

False.Black Tarantula may not be a genius but he's smarter than Brock and Gargan.

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By PirateKing69

bump(someone just made same thread)...i think BT could take this

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By lagoon_boy
Venom stomps.
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By PirateKing69
@lagoon_boy: why do you say venom?
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lagoon_boy
@PirateKing69:Cause I want to.
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Theodore

I think BT could win, this is  an awesome fight

Phastos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phastos

Im gonna go with BT, who is actually a genius level criminal mind who plans things decades in advance. A strategic style combined with his enhanced physical abilities are gonna give him the edge he needs. The symbiote will effect the fight most definitely, but BT should be able to keep the fight going long enough for him to figure its weaknesses if he hasn't know of them already which wouldn't be a surprise.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#15  Edited By Joygirl

Good fight, but I'm going with Venom after a medium-long battle. I don't think BT has the tools to put him down.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

Venom in a good fight.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Tarantula.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By Strider1992

If its current Venom (Flash) then Black Tarantula wins. He was fast enough to catch a speedblitzing Spider-man and beat him to a pulp (twice) not mention his healing factor, eyeblasts and that he is a superior H2H fighter.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

If its current Venom (Flash) then Black Tarantula wins. He was fast enough to catch a speedblitzing Spider-man and beat him to a pulp (twice) not mention his healing factor, eyeblasts and that he is a superior H2H fighter.

Why wouldn't he be able to beat Brock or Gargan..pretty much anyone could beat Gargan and Brock may not be as dumb but he's weaker than him.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@Vance Astro: Gargan he could probably take but looking at the date this was made i'm assuming its Brock. Brock was always far more creative with the symbiote sending parts of it to attack people from behind, asphyxiating them etc.... and I believe he managed to grow quite a heavy resistance to his weaknesses. When he broke into Carnage's cell the guards uses sonics and fire on him and he still managed to put them all down. I think it would be a very close fight. I'd actually have trouble naming the winner between Brock and Carlos

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By ReVamp

BT picks up a dog and throws it. /thread.

I don't know, if Venom manages to catch him, he can use his bigger power on him.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeanroygrant

Black Tarantula.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BringnIt

Brock. It is completely incorrect to say that Brock never easily beat Parker. I think Eddie has a large versatility advantage as well as being more durable.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Venom.

Smokin_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Smokin_Ninja

In a popularity contest Venom, in a real face off Black Tarantula. BT has taken on some of the marvel's finest characters and put them to shame.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DrRenekton

@Vance Astro said:

Black Tarantula.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BringnIt

@Smokin_Ninja said:

In a popularity contest Venom, in a real face off Black Tarantula. BT has taken on some of the marvel's finest characters and put them to shame.

Besides Iron Fist and Spider-Man, who?

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spiderbuck1

@BringnIt said:

Brock. It is completely incorrect to say that Brock never easily beat Parker. I think Eddie has a large versatility advantage as well as being more durable.

Smokin_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Smokin_Ninja

@BringnIt said:

@Smokin_Ninja said:

Daredevil, White Tiger, Kaine a spider man clone who was much stronger than Spiderman but unstable. He hasn't had the face time Venom has had I'll have to admit but the time's he does get, he's usually whippin' his competition. The only time he has been bested in battle was when he was in a depowered state.

Phastos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phastos

I searched for instances of Venom going one on one with any super hero or villain and couldn't find much, except for most of his fight with Spiderman in which he would have the upper hand but not for long. I did find out that the Venom symbiote is classified as one of the worlds top threats in the S.H.I.E.L.D archives next to Doctor Doom, Magneto, and Red Skull which was a big surprise.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strider1992

@Smokin_Ninja said:

Daredevil, White Tiger, Kaine a spider man clone who was much stronger than Spiderman but unstable. He hasn't had the face time Venom has had I'll have to admit but the time's he does get, he's usually whippin' his competition. The only time he has been bested in battle was when he was in a depowered state.

I believe we are talking about Carlos LaMuerto (Marvel 616):

Not Fabian (Marvel MC2):

They are both very different people. 616 Tarantula would tear Fabian to pieces. If you where talking about 616 Tarantula could you tell me which issue he fought Kaine in? As I don't recall any 616 comic with a fight between those two and if there is i'd like to read it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

Fix.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Smokin_Ninja said:

@BringnIt said:

@Smokin_Ninja said:

Venom would defeat all these, so I don't see your point.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Strider1992

@venomoushatred1001: He wouldn't been able to win Vs 616 Kaine (prior to Scarlet Spider). He was stronger, faster and able to beat down Parker, Reilly and Spidercide at the same time not to mention he beat an 80 tonner unconscious. Whereas Eddie hand consistent trouble beating Ben Reilly because his movements and attacks where different from Peter's (Scarlet Spider and Venom: Along Came A Spider).

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92 said:

@venomoushatred1001: He wouldn't been able to win Vs 616 Kaine (prior to Scarlet Spider). He was stronger, faster and able to beat down Parker, Reilly and Spidercide at the same time not to mention he beat an 80 tonner unconscious. Whereas Eddie hand consistent trouble beating Ben Reilly because his movements and attacks where different from Peter's (Scarlet Spider and Venom: Along Came A Spider).

I was thinking current Kaine, but yeah, Venom would lose to classic Kaine.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ReVamp

@Strider92 said:

I'd argue even current Kaine.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strider1992

@venomoushatred1001: I think Smokin_Ninja might be getting the BT's mixed up as to my knowledge Kaine has never fought BT. If he had it would have definitely been his classic version as when BT appeared in ASM Kaine was running round Europe killing Scriers. Had he fought Classic Kaine I don't think BT could have won without PIS by all accounts Kaine should tear him to pieces.

In the MC2-verse Kaine plays a big role (I've only read 1-2 issues so my knowledge is limited) but there is also a BT called Fabian who plays a big part so I think the those fights with Kaine, White Tiger etc.. may be the product of confusion between Carlos and Fabian.

@ReVamp said:

Just out of curiosity what makes you think current Kaine could win Vs Venom? I know he's pretty lethal but he's still a far-cry from the level of ability he showed during the Clone Saga.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@Strider92 said:

Current Kaine lacks the feats and skill to take on Venom.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp said:

@Strider92 said:

Isn't he pretty much a The Other Spider-Man?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Killemall

@jeanroygrant said:

Black Tarantula.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@ReVamp said:

@Strider92 said:

No. He has some of The Other's powers but not to the strength Spidey had with those powers. He also lacks some of them, for example, he doesn't have a Spider Sense.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp said:

@ReVamp said:

@Strider92 said:

No. He has some of The Other's powers but not to the strength Spidey had with those powers. He also lacks some of them, for example, he doesn't have a Spider Sense.

I know he doesn't have a Spidey-Sense. I wasn't aware of the other. I'm pretty sure he could take it though, but I guess him lacking feats is a valid defense.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Strider1992

@ReVamp said:

I believe Yost did state that he was equivalent to the Other Spider-man in an interview but he doesn't have a spider-sense and he doesn't have much experience with his abilities. He does have the potential to be probably one of the most lethal of the Spider-family but we haven't actually seen him do anything to prove he is on that level of ability. So until we do i'm guessing we gotta ignore Yost for the moment lol.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ReVamp

@Strider92 said:

@ReVamp said:

I believe Yost did state that he was in an interview but he doesn't have a spider-sense and he doesn't have much experience with his abilities. He does have the potential to be probably one of the most lethal of the Spider-family but we haven't actually seen him do anything to prove he is on that level of ability. So until we do i'm guessing we gotta ignore Yost for the moment lol.

Well, if he is then regardless of experience he wins. You can't forget he's got invisibility. That + stingers alone is pretty much a win right there.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Strider1992

@ReVamp said:

Well, if he is then regardless of experience he wins. You can't forget he's got invisibility. That + stingers alone is pretty much a win right there.

Yeah that invisibility is pretty awesome!:

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SpidermanWins

VERY CLOSE, but Black Tarantula I feel, would take current Venom

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BringnIt

@Strider92 said:

@ReVamp said:

Yeah that invisibility is pretty awesome!:

Not that awesome, he didn't even win that fight. He isn't really using the stealth mode in combat, either. Based on feats both Flash and Brock would beat current Kaine.

For anyone who thinks Tarantula beats Brock, how does he hurt him?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ReVamp

@BringnIt: Just because he isn't, doesn't mean he can't. He just decided to show himself in front of the shooter.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Strider1992

@BringnIt said:

For anyone who thinks Tarantula beats Brock, how does he hurt him?

Ben has beaten Brock twice using a combination of brute force and tactics so BT could pull it off. BT is stronger than Flash, at least as fast, has a healing factor to match Venom's, eyeblasts and bullet proof skin not to mention Flash also lacks Brock's versatility and skill. the real question is how could Venom harm him?