Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992
VS
VS
Secret Six #35
Secret Six #35
No Caption Provided

-This is 616 Black Tarantula Carlos LaMuerto (not the MC2 one) and he is unarmed

-Bane is on Venom

-Cass has her standard equpiment

-No prep time

-Morals are on (not that will really influence this fight)

Fight takes place in an underground parking lot:

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Black Tarantula.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@_slim_ said:

Black Tarantula.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathsHead2

Really? Figured that Bane w/venom would be enough of a fight. Hmmm... ?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@_slim_ said:

Black Tarantula.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strider1992

Wow that's pretty unanimous I thought Bane and Cass would have stood a chance against Tarantula. Maybe i'm wrong.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nefarious

Black Tarantula stomps hard. 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Strider92 said:

Wow that's pretty unanimous I thought Bane and Cass would have stood a chance against Tarantula. Maybe i'm wrong.

They're both better fighters but this guy is 25 tons.Without some decent weapons they cannot hope to do much to him,he stomps.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida
@entropy_aegis said:

@Strider92 said:

They're both better fighters but this guy is 25 tons.Without some decent weapons they cannot hope to do much to him,he stomps.

BT doesn't really have many speed feats to speak of, and this guy has been hit hand ninja grunts before. And in spite of his healing he CAN be killed. Cass's speed should give her a decent shot here.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@Ferro Vida: That what I saw thinking Elektra put up a fight against BT (at least I think it was Elektra) so I just thought the combo of Bane (even though he's no where near as strong) coupled with Cass's speed and training might give them a small chance of wining!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Strider92 said:

BT doesn't really have many speed feats to speak of, and this guy has been hit hand ninja grunts before. And in spite of his healing he CAN be killed. Cass's speed should give her a decent shot here.
Grabbing Spider-Man when he was really trying to evade seems like a pretty decent speed feat. Cassie's speed (which is not in any way superior to Spider-Man's) is meaningless because she lacks the means to actually inflict any harm to him.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Morpheus_ said:
@Ferro Vida said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Strider92 said:

Grabbing Spider-Man when he was really trying to evade seems like a pretty decent speed feat. 
Forgot about that, TBH. 

@Morpheus_ said:
 Cassie's speed (which is not in any way superior to Spider-Man's) is meaningless because she lacks the means to actually inflict any harm to him.
Cass usually carries batarangs with her, doesn't she? I recall her using one to slit the throat of a depowered Bombshell once upon a time. BT has been cut by katanas and shurikens in the past, so I would say it is safe to draw from that that his durability does not extend to piercing damage.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@Ferro Vida: BT's durability is pretty inconstant at one point bullets where bouncing off him and the next he's getting cut by shurikens, throwing knives etc....

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Strider92: He's also been cut down by bullets. Don't get me wrong, he got up within a few seconds, which was a great healing feat, but he was still hurt by them.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Ferro Vida: Cassie generally avoids killing, so it's very unlikely she'd resort to that. The Bombshell incident was when she was drugged by Deathstroke, if memory serves right. And she only slit Ravager's throat on another occasion because she knew Slade would save her in time. 

Also, piercing damage would also take into account bullets, from which Carlos not only healed in seconds after pointing out they were simply annoying, but his skin was also sufficiently dense to withstand them in his original appearances. ASM BT isn't exactly the same as DD BT.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@Ferro Vida: Yes, that's what I mean by inconsistent in the DD comics the bullets actually pierce his skin in ASM they don't even penetrate and just bounce off. I'm trying to figure out his durability but its pretty hard lol!

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Morpheus_: I didn't bring it up to imply that she would try and kill him, just that she will use batarangs in that way (yes, she was being drugged by Deathstroke). 

I've noticed a pretty noticeable power difference between those two, yeah. I've been wondering if there was a point where he was depowered. Or maybe it was just Brubaker's doing *cough* Tombstone.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strider1992

@Ferro Vida: Anyway wether its ASM BT or DD one I think Bane and Cass stand a chance. During his fight with Spider-man he was basically a brawler just crashing through things and tanking blows and not really showing any good H2H abilities. Both Bane and Cass have above average H2H skills I think a combination of speed and well placed blows could give them the win.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Morpheus_@Strider92: The more I think about it, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that BT would win this. Even in DD he has some insane feats to go off of. If we go by classic BT then he walks right through them.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

@Ferro Vida: Anyway wether its ASM BT or DD one I think Bane and Cass stand a chance. During his fight with Spider-man he was basically a brawler just crashing through things and tanking blows and not really showing any good H2H abilities. Both Bane and Cass have above average H2H skills I think a combination of speed and well placed blows could give them the win.

In ASM he was lifting tanks and Spider-Man's best blows couldn't even hurt him, so how would "well placed blows" by these two do anything to him, let alone put him down? Black Tarantula doesn't need skill to win, he severely outpowers them. Bane would get one-shotted (and he doesn't have any speed as an advantage going on for him to begin with) and Cassie would likely last a while but would still be totally incapable of hurting him. 

@Ferro Vida: Brubaker made him less durable but granted him a very efficient healing factor. The real downgrade was when he was put down by White Tiger when she stabbed him from behind and threw him off a building, but that was Diggle's doing, not Bru's.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Morpheus_ said:
@Ferro Vida: Brubaker made him less durable but granted him a very efficient healing factor. The real downgrade was when he was put down by White Tiger when she stabbed him from behind and threw him off a building, but that was Diggle's doing, not Bru's.
Diggle... He will pay one day...
No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Ferro Vida: Diggle made Bullseye a total bamf in T-Bolts. He gets a pass from me.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n: He also killed him in Daredevil
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I like Diggle. It's just that his DD run was not up to standards.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strider1992

@Morpheus_: Just read the Spider-man Vs BT issue again and I now see what a mis-match this is I'd forgotten quite how formidable BT was. When I said well placed blows I meant things like nerve strikes but after having read that issue I don't even think they are fast enough to keep up with him. I'll do more research before posting next time.