Black Panther vs Vandal Savage

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SavageBeast

Both have standard weapons. In character. Win by K.O., Incapacitation, or Death. No prep time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jashro44

My understanding of Vandal savage is he doesn't have a lot of skill feats. If my understanding is correct T'challa should win here.

I'll take black panther for now. All though I'm guessing it depends on what equipment Vandal has.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BoringPerson

New 52 Vandal Savage has mid tier minimum durability. He should be equal or superior to Black Panther in every way but esoteric intelligence and gear.

Seriously, the beating he took from Pandora's Super Saiyan form, which outclassed the Swamp Thing and Zauriel's offensive output, was ridiculous. He just got back up and bludgeoned her to death.

(Pandora is a master level combatant with literally thousands of years learning from Masters, she can catch arrows blindfolded.)

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther. Vandal's one of my favorite villains(and even characters), but the feats just aren't there.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44

@boringperson said:

New 52 Vandal Savage has mid tier minimum durability. He should be equal or superior to Black Panther in every way but esoteric intelligence and gear.

Seriously, the beating he took from Pandora's Super Saiyan form, which outclassed the Swamp Thing and Zauriel's offensive output, was ridiculous. He just got back up and bludgeoned her to death.

(Pandora is a master level combatant with literally thousands of years learning from Masters, she can catch arrows blindfolded.)

Catching arrows blind folded isn't too impressive. As for being a master combatant who lived for thousands of years current black panther has all the knowledge of the past panthers so he sort of has that as well.

Can I see scans of this beating he took? Is there anything stopping black panther from turning invisible and cutting his head off? Even without invisibility is there anything stopping black panther from slicing his head off?

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Oh come on, BP's standard equipment shouldn't include his invisibility tech. That'd be just ridiculous, all of the DS/Batman/Captain America vs BP thread would all be non-arguments because "BP goes invisible and throws an energy dagger at the back of X's head."

He got blasted by a Pandora who had recently gone toe to toe with an Blight, an Abstract who was beating Earth 3 Aquaman, the Phantom Stranger, Swamp Thing, John Con/Nightmare Nurse(Unleashed Inner Demon Forms), and Zauriel simultaneously.

No scans, in Canada. Should be Pandora #11. Should I mention Pandora can use chi energy/limited teleportation/telepathic immunity/magical energy blasts or is that going too off topic?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Oh come on, BP's standard equipment shouldn't include his invisibility tech. That'd be just ridiculous, all of the DS/Batman/Captain America vs BP thread would all be non-arguments because "BP goes invisible and throws an energy dagger at the back of X's head."

It is currently. He's used twice (possibly 3 times) now in marvel now.

He got blasted by a Pandora who had recently gone toe to toe with an Blight, an Abstract who was beating Earth 3 Aquaman, the Phantom Stranger, Swamp Thing, John Con/Nightmare Nurse(Unleashed Inner Demon Forms), and Zauriel simultaneously.

Something seems off here. She can go toe to toe with an abstract being but lose to a street leveller?

No scans, in Canada. Should be Pandora #11. Should I mention Pandora can use chi energy/limited teleportation/telepathic immunity/magical energy blasts or is that going too off topic?

I'll look into it. As for Pandoras abilities it depends what she used in the fight.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Definitely felt off. Even so, it's one of like 3 showings Vandal Savage has total.

Maybe he just has godlike magical resistance from untold backstory?

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate discounting Vandal because I think he's a great character and a great villian. But I think objectively people are right that Vandal just doesn't have the feats you can point to they way T'Challa does. So much of Vandal's ability is 'implied' but very rarely actually shown. So I think I'd have to give my vote for the win to Black Panther.

That said, if there was an encounter between Vandal and T'Challa, where Vandal beat him down, I probably wouldn't be too quick to call PIS as long as it was well written.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Definitely felt off. Even so, it's one of like 3 showings Vandal Savage has total.

Maybe he just has godlike magical resistance from untold backstory?

Well I'd say if T'challa can damage him he can put him down. Depends how his durability works if it is the result of a healing factor black panther should have this for sure IMO.

ShinKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it seems like every other comic and or cartoon adaption has vandals powers and feats change quite ridiculously i say t'challa wins mainly cus savage changes all the friggin time

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree Savage is inconsistent. One second he's leveling sea monsters with one punch and next he's struggling with street levelers.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DwightSpitz

I'm no expert on Savage but to the extent of my knowledge BP would smash him with this set-up.

CheatCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m going Panther and not just because I’m a fan. Vandal has a really cool concept and appearance. Panther win

Samkrypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An energy dagger set to kill will be enough to Knock Vandal out.