Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactived-3246821

So I take it you didnt know the answer to my question?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

Dormammu says:

"So I take it you didnt know the answer to my question?"

lol I created it a little sooner than you asked

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactived-3246821

6 minutes ago my ass.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By T.J. Magnum

does taskmaster have photoreflexes ?

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactived-3246821

It says I said that question in the other thread and the one this one at the same time, meanwhile I sat on the couch for a couple of minutes after I asked the question in the other thread.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactived-3246821

Taskmaster does.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactived-3246821

And by Taskmaster does, I mean he does have photoreflexes.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By T.J. Magnum

if taskmaster does have photo reflexes,i say he could win,because he copied BP fighting stlye so he'll have a few ways to counter him

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10  Edited By The_Martian

Hard choice, I'm going with Taskmaster.

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dormath

then he should be able to win this fight.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me too. How did Moon Knight beat him?

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Dormammu says:

"And by Taskmaster does, I mean he does have photoreflexes."

well with the photo reflexes he has the fighting styles/skills of Beast, Black Widow, Black Panther, Bullseye, Captain America, Cat, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Fist, Mister X, Ms. Marvel, Porcupine, Photon (Genis-Vell), Puma, Punisher, Quicksilver, Razorfist, Scarlet Witch, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Swordsman, Thing, Thor, Tigra, Toad, U.S.Agent, Vision, Wolverine and Zaran

i say he wins

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Dormammu says:

"Me too. How did Moon Knight beat him?"

that i don't know,but i know he did,somebody else might give you the info

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silli bill

T.J. Magnum says:

"Dormammu says:
"And by Taskmaster does, I mean he does have photoreflexes."
well with the photo reflexes he has the fighting styles/skills of Beast, Black Widow, Black Panther, Bullseye, Captain America, Cat, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Fist, Mister X, Ms. Marvel, Porcupine, Photon (Genis-Vell), Puma, Punisher, Quicksilver, Razorfist, Scarlet Witch, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Swordsman, Thing, Thor, Tigra, Toad, U.S.Agent, Vision, Wolverine and Zaran i say he wins"

with all that ,taskmaster wins

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'll stick it out for Black Panther because 1) he has more than just his moves 2) his intelligence and creativity should allow him to handle someone who's nowhere near as smart as him 3) I like him more and 4) he's not even getting a chance from anyone else. In pure fighting (meaning no superhuman stats or super powers since Tasky can't copy them anyway), BP would easily beat most of the people whose skills Taskmaster has copied so the list that was posted isn't as impressive as it first appears.

Avatar image for det__curtis_lemansky
Det. Curtis Lemansky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah cap.america,iron fist,spider man,deadpool and wolverine arn't impressive :P

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Det. Curtis Lemansky says:

"yeah cap.america,iron fist,spider man,deadpool and wolverine arn't impressive :P"

Cap is one I've done to death, but Iron Fist (without his iron fist and other chi abilities), Spider-Man (without any of his powers), Deadpool (without his healing, superhuman strength and other stuff), Wolverine (I think he loses even with his powers, but imagine they're gone) would all most likely lose to BP in his standard gear. However, I wasn't talking about them. I was talking more about people like Beast, Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Porcupine, Photon (Genis-Vell), Punisher, Quicksilver, Razorfist, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Thing, Thor, Tigra, Toad, U.S.Agent and Vision. How much fighting skill do you think Hulk, Scarlet Witch or Toad has? Without their powers (which is how Taskmaster would be fighting) they're not top tier fighters and wouldn't pose a challenge for BP. Didn't say the list wasn't impressive at all, just not as impressive as it is at first glance when all you see is a bunch of names and don't take in the fact that not all of them are known for their combat skills like Cap, IF, and Wolverine.

Det. Curtis Lemansky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

"Det. Curtis Lemansky says:
"yeah cap.america,iron fist,spider man,deadpool and wolverine arn't impressive :P"
Cap is one I've done to death, but Iron Fist (without his iron fist and other chi abilities), Spider-Man (without *any* of his powers), Deadpool (without his healing, superhuman strength and other stuff), Wolverine (I think he loses even with his powers, but imagine they're gone) would all most likely lose to BP in his standard gear. However, I wasn't talking about them. I was talking more about people like Beast, Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Porcupine, Photon (Genis-Vell), Punisher, Quicksilver, Razorfist, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Thing, Thor, Tigra, Toad, U.S.Agent and Vision. How much fighting skill do you think Hulk, Scarlet Witch or Toad has? Without their powers (which is how Taskmaster would be fighting) they're not top tier fighters and wouldn't pose a challenge for BP. Didn't say the list wasn't impressive at all, just not *as* impressive as it is at first glance when all you see is a bunch of names and don't take in the fact that not all of them are known for their combat skills like Cap, IF, and Wolverine."

no just saying that the fighting skills of cap,wolverine,iron fist,elektra,DD and Silver Samurai might be just enough to win even with out there powers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Taskmaster. One on one, yes Black Panther can beat most of the people Taskmaster has copied. But it wouldn't be one on one, it would be a Billy Club attack like Daredevil, marksmanship like Black Widow, Shield defense like Cap, moves like Spiderman (not as fast and not all, but any that can be performed without the use of superhuman abilities.) Same with Beast. He doesnt just copy the way they fight, he copies there movements, the way they dodge an attack. He can start off using the moves of say Dardevil, and switch into Spiderman (moves) before he ever touches the ground.

Post Edited:2008-02-02 23:38:13

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

"no just saying that the fighting skills of cap,wolverine,iron fist,elektra,DD and Silver Samurai might be just enough to win even with out there powers"

How much of those skills do you think are totally unique? I'm sure the majority of that overlaps. Then you have the fact that a lot of it won't get through BP's suit in the first place. And then there's BP's own skills (master of lethal combat by age 6, and continued training has reputedly made him master of every form of unarmed combat) and his knowledge of the skills of all the people Tasky is copying (he knows Cap very well and also knows IF, DD and Wolverine, I don't know about Elektra and Silver Samurai). Then he has a variety of gadgets, not to mention his intelligence, which is not just book smarts but battle earned knowledge and a tactical genius.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Taskmaster. One on one, yes Black Panther can beat most of the people Taskmaster has copied. But it wouldn't be one on one, it would be a Billy Club attack like Daredevil, marksmanship like Black Widow, Shield defense like Cap, moves like Spiderman (not as fast and not all, but any that can be performed without the use of superhuman abilities.) Same with Beast. He doesnt just copy the way they fight, he copies there movements, the way they dodge an attack. He can start off using the moves of say Dardevil, and switch into Spiderman (moves) before he ever touches the ground.
Post Edited:2008-02-02 23:38:13"

Yeah, I've read Taskmaster's series (and his appearances in other comics where he's not quite as awesome) and that doesn't change my mind.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I don't really expect to change your mind. Just offering my two cents.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It's a valid point (about him using all their skills together, not the dodging thing), don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's enough. (This battle is close enough where my bias might blind me and I wouldn't know. Don't think that's the case though.)
Post Edited:2008-02-03 00:13:51

Det. Curtis Lemansky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

" no just saying that the fighting skills of cap,wolverine,iron fist,elektra,DD and Silver Samurai might be just enough to win even with out there powers"
How much of those skills do you think are totally unique? I'm sure the majority of that overlaps. Then you have the fact that a lot of it won't get through BP's suit in the first place. And then there's BP's own skills (master of lethal combat by age 6, and continued training has reputedly made him master of every form of unarmed combat) and his knowledge of the skills of all the people Tasky is copying (he knows Cap *very* well and also knows IF, DD and Wolverine, I don't know about Elektra and Silver Samurai). Then he has a variety of gadgets, not to mention his intelligence, which is not just book smarts but battle earned knowledge and a tactical genius. "

he also has copied BP moves,so could he have a few ways to counter it

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

"he also has copied BP moves,so could he have a few ways to counter it"

You really, truly believe that BP, of all people, someone known for his propensity for planning for all kinds of scenarios, wouldn't know how to counter his own moves?

Det. Curtis Lemansky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot says:

" he also has copied BP moves,so could he have a few ways to counter it"
You *really*, *truly* believe that BP, of *all* people, someone known for his propensity for planning for all kinds of scenarios, wouldn't know how to counter his own moves?"

you got me there,it doesn't change my mind

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"he also has copied BP moves,so could he have a few ways to counter it"

You really, truly believe that BP, of all people, someone known for his propensity for planning for all kinds of scenarios, wouldn't know how to counter his own moves?"

I think he means, Taskmaster would be able to defend or dodge some of, if not all the moves he's seen BP use before. Not try and attack him with his own moves, simply defend them.

edit if not I'm saying it :P
Post Edited:2008-02-02 23:56:12

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That sounds good, but I doubt Taskmaster (or anyone) has seen everything BP is capable of. Part of his character is secrecy and deception. No one knows what he's doing all the time and I don't think anyone (save Killmonger) has fought him enough to see more than just a sample of the way he fights.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thats true. What about his fight with the Red Skull? (don't remeber what number that was) But the Skull was able to hang with him, and I've never heard anyone call Red Skull a great or even good, hand to hand fighter.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Skull also put tears in a vibranium suit with nothing but punches and furniture. Bad showing all around.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thats kinda what I figured.

Det. Curtis Lemansky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
You *really*, *truly* believe that BP, of *all* people, someone known for his propensity for planning for all kinds of scenarios, wouldn't know how to counter his own moves?"
I think he means, Taskmaster would be able to defend or dodge some of, if not all the moves he's seen BP use before. Not try and attack him with his own moves, simply defend them. **edit** if not I'm saying it :P
Post Edited:2008-02-02 23:56:12"

that what i ment,using what he knows on BP well give him time to strategize on a way to beat him with the other skills,but thats what i think,could be wrong

Det. Curtis Lemansky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu says:

"Though BP knows all of those characters and how to counter their attacks, a combination of all the styles quickly changing from 1 to the other would be too much for BP. But can Taskmaster even hurt him? Because BP is wearing a vibranium suit..."

depending,if he has prep,if so he could try to find somthing to do it

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though BP knows all of those characters and how to counter their attacks, a combination of all the styles quickly changing from 1 to the other would be too much for BP. But can Taskmaster even hurt him? Because BP is wearing a vibranium suit...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

How would one guy changing from multiple styles of different people be any different than one guy switching from multiple styles normally? BP is skilled enough that he can do (and has fought people who can do) the latter. Is switching from "Wolverine's styles" to "Captain America's styles" so different from BP switching from one school of fighting to another, totally unrelated one? I don't see the huge advantage that aspect of his powers would give Tasky over another amazingly skilled fighter. He has a large and diverse set of skills to draw from, but so would anyone who's dedicated their life to fighting (people like BP, Cap, IF, Wolverine, DD, etc).

The one case where that might be incredibly useful for Taskmaster would be against someone like Batgirl because of how her mind works, but that's not this fight.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Going with Black Panther. For reasons stated by Buckshot. Deadpool was able to defeat Tasky with an unorthodox fighting style that Tasky couldn't copy. Moon Knight was able to defeat Tasky as well. That's enough to make me think that Black Panther would come out on top against Tasky. I don't even feel like going into detail about it, since there's already someone doing that.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Rotten gun says:

"Buckshot says:
taskmaster wouldn't counter BP with BP's own moves he would counter in a way he suspects is foreign to BP and is right for the situation... if taskmaster knows BP's moves then he also knows BP's likely counters... that said, i think BP would win... taskmaster isn't moving at BP's speed nor does he have his strength, let alone a suit that i cant see taskmaster penetrating
Post Edited:2008-02-03 01:04:45"

Actually Taskmaster can move at superhuman speeds for short bursts. He's also stolen a device from SHIELD, which allowed him to use energy to duplicate Wolverine's claws, and Cap's shield.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Rotten gun

Buckshot says:

taskmaster wouldn't counter BP with BP's own moves he would counter in a way he suspects is foreign to BP and is right for the situation... if taskmaster knows BP's moves then he also knows BP's likely counters... that said, i think BP would win... taskmaster isn't moving at BP's speed nor does he have his strength, let alone a suit that i cant see taskmaster penetrating
Post Edited:2008-02-03 01:04:45
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Static Shock says:

"Going with Black Panther. For reasons stated by Buckshot. Deadpool was able to defeat Tasky with an unorthodox fighting style that Tasky couldn't copy. Moon Knight was able to defeat Tasky as well. That's enough to make me think that Black Panther would come out on top against Tasky. I don't even feel like going into detail about it, since there's already someone doing that."

Moon Knight crashed a jet into him.

And Taskmaster underestimated Deadpool. He was teaching a class. He felt he had a full understanding of Deadpool's style. What he didn't count on was that Deadpool is crazy.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rotten gun

Static Shock says:

"Going with Black Panther. For reasons stated by Buckshot. Deadpool was able to defeat Tasky with an unorthodox fighting style that Tasky couldn't copy. Moon Knight was able to defeat Tasky as well. That's enough to make me think that Black Panther would come out on top against Tasky. I don't even feel like going into detail about it, since there's already someone doing that."

taskmaster cant copy deadpools style because deadpools insanity means he doesn't have a real style... he could do the weirdest thing at any second.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rotten gun

Gambler says:

"Rotten gun says:
"Buckshot says:
Post Edited:2008-02-03 01:04:45"
Actually Taskmaster can move at superhuman speeds for short bursts. He's also stolen a device from SHIELD, which allowed him to use energy to duplicate Wolverine's claws, and Cap's shield."

hmmmn? i better take that back then... this is turning out closer than i thought

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Speaking of speed, Taskmaster has double speed. It has limited use and it's not a guaranteed win, but if applied at the right time it could give him the upper hand. Its usefulness depends on if BP sees it coming (I doubt he knows about it but I could see him sensing it), if he can counter it if he knows it's coming (I think he can) and if he can't (much harder), and when Taskmaster uses it (about this point we could write a thousand scenarios). Just adding more to talk about.

EDIT: Gambler posted about the speed while I did. About the energy weapon though, he doesn't use that. That was only for his mini, he's back to just carrying a lot of weapons. And about Deadpool, it wasn't a one time thing. The crazyness helped the first time and I doubt BP could duplicate it, but Deadpool has beat him since then without using his craziness/unpredictability.
Post Edited:2008-02-03 01:12:24

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Post Deleted.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rotten gun

Buckshot says:

"Speaking of speed, Taskmaster has double speed. It has limited use and it's not a guaranteed win, but if applied at the right time it could give him the upper hand. Its usefulness depends on if BP sees it coming (I doubt he knows about it but I could see him sensing it), if he can counter it if he knows it's coming (I think he can) *and* if he can't (much harder), and when Taskmaster uses it (about this point we could write a thousand scenarios). Just adding more to talk about. EDIT: Gambler posted about the speed while I did. About the energy weapon though, he doesn't use that. That was only for his mini, he's back to just carrying a lot of weapons. And about Deadpool, it wasn't a one time thing. The crazyness helped the first time and I doubt BP could duplicate it, but Deadpool has beat him since then without using his crazyness/unpredictability.
Post Edited:2008-02-03 01:12:05"

do you mean when deadpool beat him while deadpool had himself bound at the hands and feet... i'd call that pretty crazy

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That's crazy, yes, but it wasn't a "you're so insane that my powers don't work on you" thing like it was the first time.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Gambler says:

"Moon Knight crashed a jet into him."

What the hell!? I was told that he defeated him through hand-to-hand combat...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Speaking of speed, Taskmaster has double speed. It has limited use and it's not a guaranteed win, but if applied at the right time it could give him the upper hand. Its usefulness depends on if BP sees it coming (I doubt he knows about it but I could see him sensing it), if he can counter it if he knows it's coming (I think he can) *and* if he can't (much harder), and when Taskmaster uses it (about this point we could write a thousand scenarios). Just adding more to talk about.EDIT: Gambler posted about the speed while I did. About the energy weapon though, he doesn't use that. That was only for his mini, he's back to just carrying a lot of weapons. And about Deadpool, it wasn't a one time thing. The crazyness helped the first time and I doubt BP could duplicate it, but Deadpool has beat him since then without using his craziness/unpredictability.
Post Edited:2008-02-03 01:12:24"

Yeah I know, but I wasn't about to give em ammunition.

I'm not a big fan of, "So an so beat em, so this person can beat em" scenario (though I'm sure I've used it before)

I liked the point Buckshot made about Black Panther being able to switch styles, and how was that different from what Taskmaster does. I'd say the difference is this. The styles Taskmaster has copied, Elektra, Daredevil, Captain America, iron Fist, these are personal styles. Honed and individually crafted by Marvel's top hand to hand fighters. And Taskmaster has in return, taking ALL these styles, and crafted them into his own style. So although there may be little difference in the actually switching of styles, I believe the transition would be effortless for Task.

As I showed earlier, he can switch in mid-movement. I don't know if BP can do the same. Would he have to reposition himself? Can he make the transition from one style to the next while being attacked?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

No, MK crashed a jet into the building he was in and then scared the piss out of him. (Didn't like how Taskmaster was portrayed in that.)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Tasky was going to win hands down, had it not been for the jet. Right?
Post Edited:2008-02-03 01:26:07