Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

BP.

He could do more with his day of prep, than what Parker could do with his 12 hours.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By darktiger

but he gets 2 videos of panther fighting i only said that cause peter outclasses him

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darktiger

this is fair anyone else knows who wins

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think BP would win. He is one of the best strategists and tacticians on the planet and has overcome or challenged greater threats than Peter.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darktiger

@THUNDERBOLT30: nicely said

janthony1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By janthony1221

It could go either way, but the new fighting style of Peter Parker would prove more than difficult for black panther and Peter could invent a new gadget to defeat panther. With his day of preparation the black panther could find a way to win, but time has shown that once Peter knows what he is up against he can use his mind to find a win and he simply out matches the black panther.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jashro44

Is black panther enhanced in avengers vs x-men? Anyways with 1 day prep black panther is taking this. His resources are ridiculously better considering he is king of the most powerful nation and his prep feats are just better.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924

Black Panther with one day of prep isn't taking this. He'd need at least a week or two to secure a win.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sandiego008

going with Spiderman here ... even with suit panther is 1 punch away from k.o. Prep or not spider senses should help spidey avoid anything panther has to throw at him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@nickzambuto said:

Black Panther with one day of prep isn't taking this. He'd need at least a week or two to secure a win.

Why? 1 day is a long time when you are leader of the most powerful nation in marvel earth. Spider-man isn't walking away from someone with resources like this:

Assuming current black panther is king again in avengers vs x-men and he has access to these resources for the fight spider-mans not winning. Black panther simply is just more equipped then spider-man. The op did say he can use any weapon black panther has. Spider-man would win in a random but prep goes to the panther under these circumstances.
Assuming current black panther is king again in avengers vs x-men and he has access to these resources for the fight spider-mans not winning. Black panther simply is just more equipped then spider-man. The op did say he can use any weapon black panther has. Spider-man would win in a random but prep goes to the panther under these circumstances.
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cochise

Panther may get one day of prep but the OP seems to be limiting that prep to personal weapons and armor. I don't think that's enough for BP to take down Spidey. Now, if BP gets all of the resources of Wakanda as part of his prep, then he does well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

@sandiego008 said:

going with Spiderman here ... even with suit panther is 1 punch away from k.o. Prep or not spider senses should help spidey avoid anything panther has to throw at him.

The suit took punches from iron fist who was hitting with the force of a freight train...He isn't knocking black panther out. Spider-man could web him up but if black panther has his resources from wakanda that wont help.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BringnIt

Parker.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Duke_Nasty

What about morals? Also Spidey wins a 1v1 fight.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

Why? 1 day is a long time when you are leader of the most powerful nation in marvel earth. Spider-man isn't walking away from someone with resources like this:

Ok ok I see... yeah I didn't really think of him bringing an army of giant panther robots with him. :P

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darktiger

panther said on the man without fear comic book that he didn't want to waste his energy defeating spidey when he was depowered

janthony1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By janthony1221

Panther can say whatever he wants but in a one on one fight he is simply not a match for spiderman who is smarter at combat fight.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darktiger

@janthony1221 said:

Panther can say whatever he wants but in a one on one fight he is simply not a match for spiderman who is smarter at combat fight.

not true black panther is a combat and strategist master

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darktiger

@BlueLantern1995: ok

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By darktiger

anyone else interested

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I think BP would win. He is one of the best strategists and tacticians on the planet and has overcome or challenged greater threats than Peter.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darktiger

ok anyone else

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By karrob

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Agreed

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darktiger

kool anyone elese

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

panther

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darktiger

kool anyone other takers

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@janthony1221 said:

It could go either way, but the new fighting style of Peter Parker would prove more than difficult for black panther and Peter could invent a new gadget to defeat panther. With his day of preparation the black panther could find a way to win, but time has shown that once Peter knows what he is up against he can use his mind to find a win and he simply out matches the black panther.

I feel like you're overestimating Spider-Man. Spider-Man learned some moves and I wouldn't downplay them, but BP is still a master martial artist who has been proficient at combat since he could walk. It's not like Spider-Man is suddenly a top tier fighter. Spider-Man can create some gadgets, but so can BP, and of the two of them, Spider-Man has the more exploitable weaknesses. Spider sense has been exploited in the past, webs can be dissolved, and left with brute strength, BP can soak whatever hits land. If Spider-Man opts for his iron spider-suit, it's just tech BP can dismantle or shut down. BP is on the level of the man who made the iron spider suit (and has already taken him in a fight where he was wearing a suit just for BP, let's not forget). Physical strength may be in Spider-Man's corner, but battle plans and out thinking the opponent is all Panther territory.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darktiger

@Buckshot: buckshot huge fan i admire your work

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darktiger

@Buckshot: have you ever heard of me before

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@janthony1221 said:

No, he isn't. Panther is the warrior king of an incredibly powerful nation. He's pretty smart at "combat fight."

Ultimatums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ultimatums

I think without a day to prep, Spidey would have the potential to win. But because he gets a day to prepare, T'Challa would probably think of some device that could prevent his spider-senses from tingling and probably break his web shooters.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I think this is a close fight...very close and although I like spidey more, with prep t'challa will form a superior COMBAT strategy that will most likely eliminate spideys assets and utilize his own. He can thwart his spidey sense like many others have and most likely destroy or disable his web

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By TDK_1997

Black Panther would win this.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@darktiger: Can't really say that I have, but I haven't heard of a lot of people.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BringnIt

Okay, I'll engage in a friendly debate here. With Parker's use of preparation and experience with T'Challa, without making anything new for this battle and presuming it is still a one-on-one battle, he can bring his Ends of Day armor along with his Goblin Glider, and of course his standard gear of magnetic webbing and cryo technology. This if assuming he doesn't do anything at all to prep specifically for T'Challa. With this gear and his physical stats, he's going to have the relevant advantages of speed, agility, flight and a method to incapacitate T'Challa and bypass his most significant advantage against Peter, which is blunt trauma durability. What do you guys propose T'Challa will specifically do with his preparation time?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BringnIt

Just saw the OP is different from when I first posted here, why give Parker twelve hours of prep and then undermine what he is capable of doing with it? Why give him a suit he doesn't even have any more?

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By steelhound56

@Buckshot said:

@janthony1221 said:

I feel like you're overestimating Spider-Man. Spider-Man learned some moves and I wouldn't downplay them, but BP is still a master martial artist who has been proficient at combat since he could walk. It's not like Spider-Man is suddenly a top tier fighter. Spider-Man can create some gadgets, but so can BP, and of the two of them, Spider-Man has the more exploitable weaknesses. Spider sense has been exploited in the past, webs can be dissolved, and left with brute strength, BP can soak whatever hits land. If Spider-Man opts for his iron spider-suit, it's just tech BP can dismantle or shut down. BP is on the level of the man who made the iron spider suit (and has already taken him in a fight where he was wearing a suit just for BP, let's not forget). Physical strength may be in Spider-Man's corner, but battle plans and out thinking the opponent is all Panther territory.

This. Just this

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Peter w/ Kung Fu and Spider Sense wrecks T'Challa's face.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@BringnIt said:

Okay, I'll engage in a friendly debate here. With Parker's use of preparation and experience with T'Challa, without making anything new for this battle and presuming it is still a one-on-one battle, he can bring his Ends of Day armor along with his Goblin Glider, and of course his standard gear of magnetic webbing and cryo technology. This if assuming he doesn't do anything at all to prep specifically for T'Challa. With this gear and his physical stats, he's going to have the relevant advantages of speed, agility, flight and a method to incapacitate T'Challa and bypass his most significant advantage against Peter, which is blunt trauma durability. What do you guys propose T'Challa will specifically do with his preparation time?

I'm not able to check at the moment so I'll do it later, but didn't some of the advantages of Peter's suit get turned around on him or just end up not being as useful as he had planned? The suit is built for specific threats that aren't BP and given that he was kind of saving the whole world with it, knowledge of it wouldn't be hard to come by, so at best, I don't think it would be the perfect weapon for Parker to use against T'Challa. But if what I started with is correct, it would be even less effective. I don't think Spider-Man is going to do better against BP with a suit made for other people than Stark did when he prepped for BP (I really should reread that story too to make sure I'm getting that right.)

I already mentioned a couple specific things BP could do to Parker. Wreak havoc on his spider sense and create a solution to dissolve his webbing and make it useless. Taking down tech like a Goblin Glider shouldn't really be that difficult either. Really, screwing up the spider sense could be enough for a win if it allows BP to strike a knock out blow because spider-man doesn't protect himself or worse, dodges right into an attack.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BringnIt

The Ends of the Earth armor had several specific functions that would not be a factor against T'Challa (impervious to electricity, ability to see through illusions) but it allowed him to tank a hit from a mind-controlled Thor (was stated to be holding back some, but still) and possibly amped his strength (tore apart carbonadium) so at the least it increases his durability. As I said, this was just if he didn't prep for T'Challa and just collected gear he already has. You mentioned he could dissolve the webbing, but I mentioned the cryo technology as a means to incapacitate T'Challa, so what would he do to circumvent that? Also, how does vibranium do against magnetism? I also think you're selling Peter short a bit with his Way of the Spider training--while he still isn't a top-tier fighter on skill alone, he was able to stalemate Julia Carpenter as Madame Web without his spider sense--and I find it unlikely T'Challa could manipulate his spider sense in such a short period of time, but I'll concede the possibility.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deadpoolrules

@BringnIt said:

The Ends of the Earth armor had several specific functions that would not be a factor against T'Challa (impervious to electricity, ability to see through illusions) but it allowed him to tank a hit from a mind-controlled Thor (was stated to be holding back some, but still) and possibly amped his strength (tore apart carbonadium) so at the least it increases his durability. As I said, this was just if he didn't prep for T'Challa and just collected gear he already has. You mentioned he could dissolve the webbing, but I mentioned the cryo technology as a means to incapacitate T'Challa, so what would he do to circumvent that? Also, how does vibranium do against magnetism? I also think you're selling Peter short a bit with his Way of the Spider training--while he still isn't a top-tier fighter on skill alone, he was able to stalemate Julia Carpenter as Madame Web without his spider sense--and I find it unlikely T'Challa could manipulate his spider sense in such a short period of time, but I'll concede the possibility.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@BringnIt said:

Trapping him in ice might be effective (if BP didn't use his energy daggers to melt it easily) but Spider-Man would be throwing a pellet than BP he could dodge so I don't think it would be impossible to avoid. Why would the magnetism of the webbing matter? Unless I missed something Parker was using it to block transmissions to and from communicating devices. Even assuming BP didn't just dissolve the webbing as he needed to, it's not like it would have any extra effect on him since he's not radio controlling anything. Julia Carpenter isn't exactly a massively skilled fighter either. Any example of Spider-Man fighting a top tier martial artist, or even a good one that isn't being mind controlled? Don't get me wrong, I think Parker would do better in a fight now, but I don't think he's top level, where BP is. But that's all beside the point because I doubt there would be a prolonged h2h fight. I might say it'd be hard for BP to manipulate the spider sense on short notice, but since it has been manipulated before and in multiple ways (from tech, to naturally produced pheromones, to Cap just out-thinking him in a fight) I don't think it would be difficult for BP to figure it out. Especially with his track record for being in other people's business. He was able to get Doom's designs for a device to drain the power cosmic just in case he needed to. I think on the off chance he couldn't come up with a way to mess with the spider sense on his own, he could get into Stark's computers and just copy what he did.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jashro44

@Buckshot: In amazing spider-man 681 spider-man used magnetic webbing to magnetize to the octo bots in space when his regular webbing wasn't working due to no gravity.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@Buckshot: In amazing spider-man 681 spider-man used magnetic webbing to magnetize to the octo bots in space when his regular webbing wasn't working due to no gravity.

The webs didn't do anything different, they just stuck to a metal object like his normal webs would stick to anything else. There was no added bonus that would be applicable as far as I've seen other than blocking out transmissions, which he says later in the comic.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jashro44

@Buckshot: Well yes but considering his regular webbing couldn't stick to the octobots shouldn't that mean teh magnetic webbing increases his accuracy if people are wearing metal?

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Umbraa

Marvel NOW! T'challa is going to be a complete beast. Vibranium can not be magnetized.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BringnIt

The magnetic webbing wouldn't be a huge bonus, but if Parker fired it off and it automatically attracted to the vibranium (which I don't know whether it would, thus my question) the moment's distraction could leave T'Challa vulnerable to Parker's cryo technology. Even without, Parker has tagged numerous people over the years with his spider tracers, which are similarly designed projectiles to his cryo tech and so he should have similar accuracy. I don't have any evidence of Parker showcasing his newfound skills against high-level opponents because he hasn't fought any--similarly, any struggles he's had prior to this training need be taken with a grain of salt--but we know that he severely struggled sans spider sense against Jessica Drew and other opposition (even the Chameleon) and by the end was able to stalemate Julia Carpenter, someone who has similar physical attributes and precog. Also, we know that Shang Chi specifically would not fight Peter as his final test because Shang was outclassed by Peter by that point, a point favoring Peter's ability to fight skilled fighters now due to his combination of physical stats and improved skills.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Shawnbaby

A day of prep really isn't that much time if you turn off PIS. Spidey still has Panther outclassed physically. Wouldn't be an easy fight for him...but I think Spidey takes it.  
Spider-Man has made other Top-Tier fighters look foolish in fights before he even had his Kung Fu as well.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@BringnIt said:

The magnetic webbing wouldn't be a huge bonus, but if Parker fired it off and it automatically attracted to the vibranium (which I don't know whether it would, thus my question) the moment's distraction could leave T'Challa vulnerable to Parker's cryo technology. Even without, Parker has tagged numerous people over the years with his spider tracers, which are similarly designed projectiles to his cryo tech and so he should have similar accuracy. I don't have any evidence of Parker showcasing his newfound skills against high-level opponents because he hasn't fought any--similarly, any struggles he's had prior to this training need be taken with a grain of salt--but we know that he severely struggled sans spider sense against Jessica Drew and other opposition (even the Chameleon) and by the end was able to stalemate Julia Carpenter, someone who has similar physical attributes and precog. Also, we know that Shang Chi specifically would not fight Peter as his final test because Shang was outclassed by Peter by that point, a point favoring Peter's ability to fight skilled fighters now due to his combination of physical stats and improved skills.

I've seen Spider-Man shoot off his magnetic weapon quite a bit but I don't recall it automatically going to all nearby metal. It seems no more accurate than his normal webbing (and that's assuming magnetism works on vibranium which some are saying it doesn't) so I don't see why it would be a bonus at all. And I don't see why BP would be distracted by an obvious ploy. The vast majority of times Parker uses his spider tracers he's doing so stealthily. People don't know they're getting tagged with them and it's usually when they're trying to get away anyway. It's not quite the same as someone knowing it's likely he'd try that tactic. And again, energy daggers would make ice useless if Parker even managed to get that attack off. You'll have to refresh my memory on when Shang Chi specifically said he was outclassed, because the way I remember it, he just wanted Parker to fight someone with true spider powers, not just someone imitating them. And given that Parker has been in and out of fight since then and for the most part still fights at the level he used to without a major visible difference, I don't see why he's suddenly an equal to one of the best fighters in the world.

BP tricks his spider sense and tags him with an energy dagger set to stun when Parker fails to dodge correctly.

No Caption Provided