No Caption Provided
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Well if I only knew who Black Panther was then I could give an answer.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@TERMINATORXX: lol!

I think Shredder takes it.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IZZR
@TERMINATORXX said:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@IZZR said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

No Caption Provided

But.... he has more posts then you...

Anyways, Shredder takes it. He relies more on H2H combat then Black Panther, who has gadgets and prep-time, while Shredder has his fighting skills only and can solo the TMNT. Leonardo alone could put a tough fight for T'Challa.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

T'Challa should take this. IDW Shredder doesn't really have any feats that prove he's more skilled.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Onemoreposter

There is no way in hell Shredder defeats Black Panther. Especially if we're going by the comic versions. Shredder got killed in the first TMNT arc (fairly easily) and then got briefly brought back as a worm monster (again killed pretty quick) a couple arcs later. I have to admit I haven't read the IDW series yet though.

BP on the other hand has years and years of consistent high martial arts showings and combat feats.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Static Shock

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

He relies more on H2H combat then Black Panther, who has gadgets and prep-time

I have to disagree with you there. He only relies on prep-time depending on who he fights (especially if it's a character that he cannot defeat through physical means). Other than that, T'Challa has been in plenty of battles with the use of his fighting skills and has defeated and/or stalemated them (Red Skull, Captain America, Man-Ape, a Skrull with the skills of Marvel best fighters plus superhuman powers, Iron Fist, both Sergei and Alyosha Kraven, Karnak, Typhoid Mary, Lady Bullseye, Taskmaster, Kingpin, Hunter, the list goes on). He's really only had the most trouble against Killmonger. Just because he benefits from gadgets and tactical planning even more so than Shredder doesn't make him any less skilled than he is (and he only does so because he fights beings that Shredder wouldn't be able to contend with).

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

Black Panther takes this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

He relies more on H2H combat then Black Panther, who has gadgets and prep-time

I have to disagree with you there. He only relies on prep-time depending on who he fights (especially if it's a character that he cannot defeat through physical means). Other than that, T'Challa has been in plenty of battles with the use of his fighting skills and has defeated and/or stalemated them (Red Skull, Captain America, Man-Ape, a Skrull with the skills of Marvel best fighters plus superhuman powers, Iron Fist, both Sergei and Alyosha Kraven, Karnak, Typhoid Mary, Lady Bullseye, Taskmaster, Kingpin, Hunter, the list goes on). He's really only had the most trouble against Killmonger. Just because he benefits from gadgets and tactical planning even more so than Shredder doesn't make him any less skilled than he is (and he only does so because he fights beings that Shredder wouldn't be able to contend with).

This is hand to hand only, so I'm assuming they have regular apparel, and so does Shredder. So I'm seeing Black Panther without his vibranium-laced clothing, and Shredder's armor is going to be removed. Now, Shredder relies on H2H combat and hones on it, and I know T'Challa does that as well, but he doesn't put as much time into it as Shredder does. Shredder could probably defeat any of those you listed except for maybe that Skrull. I mean, the man effortlessly solos the entire TMNT roster without breaking a sweat. T'Challa would have tons of trouble with Leonardo, who would give trouble for the likes of Steve Rogers.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

T'Challa should take this. IDW Shredder doesn't really have any feats that prove he's more skilled.

Wait this is IDW Shredder?

Maybe it's just used as OP picture.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I'd assume so, since it's the picture and if not specified, current comic versions.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Erik

Black Panther.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

This is hand to hand only, so I'm assuming they have regular apparel, and so does Shredder. So I'm seeing Black Panther without his vibranium-laced clothing, and Shredder's armor is going to be removed. Now, Shredder relies on H2H combat and hones on it, and I know T'Challa does that as well, but he doesn't put as much time into it as Shredder does. Shredder could probably defeat any of those you listed except for maybe that Skrull. I mean, the man effortlessly solos the entire TMNT roster without breaking a sweat. T'Challa would have tons of trouble with Leonardo, who would give trouble for the likes of Steve Rogers.

How is it that Black Panther doesn't put as much time into martial arts, when he was trained to kill from childhood, while being raised in a warrior nation where learning to fight is key among the royal family? How is that Black Panther doesn't put as much time into martial arts when he's studied every single fighting style there is to know? There's nothing suggesting that he doesn't, and as I said before, he relies on prep depending on the opposition. Considering every single villain he's fought, there were some that required measures greater than martial arts skills. He could not defeat Mephisto with just his fists. He could not defeat Nightmare with just his fists, either. The same goes Klaw, Chiangtang, Silver Surfer, and many others that required prep to defeat. This doesn't take away from the fact that T'Challa relies on skills just as much as Shredder does (add to the possibility of T'Challa having more showings, as well). Whether or not Shredder could defeat the people listed is besides the point. They were listed to illustrate my point of T'Challa relying on skills just as much as Shredder does.

T'Challa or Steve Rogers having trouble with Leo (I disagree with that, too) is a completely different debate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

How is it that Black Panther doesn't put as much time into martial arts, when he was trained to kill from childhood, while being raised in a warrior nation where learning to fight is key among the royal family? How is that Black Panther doesn't put as much time into martial arts when he's studied every single fighting style there is to know? There's nothing suggesting that he doesn't, and as I said before, he relies on prep depending on the opposition. Considering every single villain he's fought, there were some that required measures greater than martial arts skills. He could not defeat Mephisto with just his fists. He could not defeat Nightmare with just his fists, either. The same goes Klaw, Chiangtang, Silver Surfer, and many others that required prep to defeat. This doesn't take away from the fact that T'Challa relies on skills just as much as Shredder does (add to the possibility of T'Challa having more showings, as well). Whether or not Shredder could defeat the people listed is besides the point. They were listed to illustrate my point of T'Challa relying on skills just as much as Shredder does.

T'Challa or Steve Rogers having trouble with Leo (I disagree with that, too) is a completely different debate.

Hmm.. true. I forgot that this is comic book logic.

In that case, Black Panther beats Shredder. I wasn't aware that Black Panther knew that many martial arts and had that much skill.

I'm not even sure if Shredder stands a chance in this situation. He is only a master in a couple of martial arts, while Black Panther is 10x more intelligent, and has better martial arts.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
GLExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GLExpert

@Erik said:

Black Panther.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YoungJustice

Panther

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crom-Cruach

The only Shredder version that would beat BP is the 2003 cartoon version.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

BP.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By grimlock

@TERMINATORXX said:

He's a guy who once smacked Captain America unconscious once. oh wait! that was his grandpa and the one we're talking about here is the best of them all

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder