User Lists: 0

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Damn. Puma gets no credit. Even if his superhuman attributes are greater than T'Challa's. LOL.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Sling Shot

Puma is highly underrated as was BP for most his existence.I believe it would be savage and sophisticated melee ending with BP as winner ....barely.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

Sling Shot says:

"Puma is highly underrated as was BP for most his existence.I believe it would be savage and sophisticated melee ending with BP as winner ....barely."

Agreed. I have only seen Puma in one comic. One of the Spidey comics post-Civil War, when Puma was working with Black Cat around the time Spidey took an L from Rhino.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Apparition

i saw puma give spidey a hard time. puma could win, but i think bp would pull it off.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Akira Overdrive

I agree with Sling Shot....

In Bloodsport Wolverine,he fought and won.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Apparition

Colt Python says:

"Apparition says:
"i saw puma give spidey a hard time. puma could win, but i think bp would pull it off."
giving Spider-man a hard time doesn't mean much."

wouldnt mean much to thor but it would to black panther

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlackPanther

Static Shock says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
"I agree with Sling Shot....In Bloodsport Wolverine,he fought and won."

Puma beat Wolverine!? O_O"

BP can beat wolverine

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Apparition says:

"wouldnt mean much to thor but it would to black panther"

LOL.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock

Akira Overdrive says:

Puma beat Wolverine!? O_O

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackPanther

well. it will be a good fight, pumas super human physical abilities seem to be greater than BP’s however it seems that BP has become stronger and marvels website states:

“T’Challa’s senses and physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels by the heart-shaped herb.”

The important thing from that statement is superhuman. marvel used to say he was at the peak of human capabilities but I guess they changed their mind.

Anyway, with his gadgets BP wins. However without his suit, gadgets or claws BP loses. But then again he may pull off some wakandan magic trick.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Static Shock says:

"Akira Overdrive says:

Puma beat Wolverine!? O_O"

No he didnt beat Wolverine,it was a tournament and he lost to Wolverine,but put up a good fight.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock

BlackPanther says:

"T’Challa’s senses and physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels by the heart-shaped herb."

That's wrong. Marvel.com's wiki is edited by members of that site. He's still at peak human levels.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I could buy his senses being superhuman.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackPanther

Static Shock says:

"BlackPanther says:
"T’Challa’s senses and physical attributes have been enhanced to superhuman levels by the heart-shaped herb."

That's wrong. Marvel.com's wiki is edited by members of that site. He's still at peak human levels."

ok

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Akira Overdrive says:

"No he didnt beat Wolverine,it was a tournament and he lost to Wolverine,but put up a good fight."

Well, Wolvie is getting rusty. LOL.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"I could buy his senses being superhuman."

Same.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Apparition

Buckshot says:

"I could buy his senses being superhuman."

they're better than captain america's and he's supposed to be peak at everything...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock

Apparition says:

"they're better than captain america's and he's supposed to be peak at everything..."

True.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"I don't think so."

I don't think BP would come out of this with ease, Colt.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock

That makes sense.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm thinking Puma, but this would be very close. An excellent fight.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hadrelius

It would be almost like fighting Spiderman. Puma is faster and stronger, but not smarter. It would take grea effort but Black Panther could win because of his tech.

Comes down to a fighter that uses his head vs one that uses instinct.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock

Alpha says:

"It would be almost like fighting Spiderman. Puma is faster andstronger, but not smarter. It would take grea effort but Black Panthercould win because of his tech.Comes down to a fighter that uses his head vs one that uses instinct."

Agreed.
Post Edited:2008-01-27 19:57:54

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Alpha says:
"It would be almost like fighting Spiderman. Puma is fasterand stronger, but not smarter. It would take grea effort but BlackPanther could win because of his tech. Comes down to a fighter thatuses his head vs one that uses instinct."
Agreed."

"

Elaborating on the 'uses his head vs the one that uses instinct' quote, T'Challa easily defeating Chiangtang, the Black Dragon by using

his head. If you don't know who Chiantang is, think of a Chinese dude

that can transform into a giant dragon. And, yeah. T'Challa beat him in

his dragon form. :P
Post Edited:2008-01-27 19:57:16

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Sparda

Wow. This is a great battle. At the end of it, I'd have to say Puma by a slight margin, though.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock

Yessir... Wait... DIDN'T YOU SAY KOGA WOULD CURBSTOMP HIM!?!?!? LMFAO!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock

What's different about it?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock

Shrugs

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"*Shrugs*"

Throws laptop AGREE WITH ME DAMNIT!"

No. I still think T'Challa would take Koga. But, anyway. back on topic.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the creator

Unless BP uses area effect weapons i.e. gas or the like, I dont think he can beat Puma.

Puma does have superhuman (12 tonnes) strength, agility, reaction time, durability and endurance (rivalling Spiderman's before he was enhanced recently). Even though BP does have peak - enhanced human stats I don't see him overcoming someone a few times faster and many times stronger when the opponent also has mastery of several martial arts and the person in question is also exceptionally bright (not sure if he's a genius) - both of which Puma does have. Don't forget that Puma also has claws. They have delivered significant damage in the past (could they cut in to BP's armour along the weave - so not going against the Vibranium - I don't know).

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock

T'Challa's suit can tear if slashed against the grain. So, he would still take damage from claws unless his Vibranium armor is activated.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hadrelius

I don't think his suit would work with claws. Vibranium absorbs impact blows and it would be a slash movement.

But again, BP has fought stronger and fster characters (like Sabretooth) before. BP is able to deal with superior powered opponents because he's a better fighter and smarter.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock

T'Challa would have to rely more on his intelligence, mystical capabilities (rarely uses this) and weapons that his fighting skills. He normally does that when fighting against opponents that are stronger than himself, or have a greater advantage against him:

-He let Chiantang, the Black Dragon swallow him purposefully, just so he could plant bio-implants inside his body. Then, when finished, he cut him open to escape. Then, the bio-implants transformed him back into his human form, only to get murked by a nearby tribal army.

-When Klaw merged with water to make himself giant and invincible, T'Challa stabbed him with a vibranium dagger with his Kimoyo Card connected to it, immobilizing him and causing him to go blind. Then, T'Challa clawed him to death.

-T'Challa defeated Mephisto at one point. He radioed some scientists back home used machines to technologically alter the mystical energies that made Mephisto who he is. After that, T'Challa laid him out with one punch, and ripped his heart out, causing him to be sucked into his realm. Once there, he sold his soul to Mephisto on purpose, just so the Panther God, Bast, could interfere and overpower him, causing him to flee.

-Fought Iron Fist to a draw. Danny was brainwashed, though. T'Challa's suit absorbed most of the impact from Danny's iron blows, and T'Challa himself got in some licks. But, T'Challa took one of his mini-radios out of his mask and shoved it into Danny ears. The noise from the radio knocked him out cold.

-Fought Silver Surfer and won. He had a special armor that could strip the Power Cosmic from a herald at the time. When Surfer tried to blast him, he couldn't stop his blast, and the suit eventually took the power Cosmic from him. Then, T'Challa gave him that one-hitter quitter with an axehandle uppercut.

-Defeated Hydro Man with relative ease. Hydro Man took one of his energy daggers. Then, T'Challa shoved his vibranium boot inside of him to trigger an electric current between the sole of his boot and the dagger itself, causing Hydro Man to separate into hydrogen and oxygen (electrolysis). Then, lose power lines set H-Man on fire.

So, either way you look at this, T'Challa wins because he makes excellent use of his resources. In this fight, he's bound to do just that.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

Yeah, man. When it comes reasonable battles against T'Challa, I don't think I can be argued against.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Doesn't seem like it."

???

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

I know. Just kidding. You can't give refuse to give a man credit when he has a portfolio on how to defeat Galactus and not be afraid of him. Don't see why anyone would argue against a dude that has an answer for almost everything, like Batman. Unless he was fighting Thanos. Or Gladiator. Or Juggernaut. Sh!t, his technological crew back home could just alter the mystical energy that gives Juggs his powers. Then, T'Challa would either rend through his armor with his anti-metal claws or slice his @$$ with the Ebony Blade.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"T'Challa keeps some pretty tough dudes around him too.I remeber in Civil War when that meeting with Iron Man went bad...SHEESH.T'challa probably could have taken Tony out as well;who has gotten really powerful."

He nearly did, with the Ebony Blade. Slashed his armor in mid-air. But, Tony's armor regerated itself just as soon as he hit the ground.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock

Hell yeah. I consider the Extremis a superpower now.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the creator

Alpha says:

"I don't think his suit would work with claws. Vibranium absorbs impact blows and it would be a slash movement. But again, BP has fought stronger and fster characters (like Sabretooth) before. BP is able to deal with superior powered opponents because he's a better fighter and smarter. "

Sabretooth is not stronger than Puma (for most of Sabertooths carreer he was potentailly only able to lift several hundred pounds - yes this has risen to around 10 tonnes now) and Sabertooth sure does not have reactions or agility as high as those of Puma. At best his reactions are on par with Wolverines or BPs.

Pumas agility and reaction time is around 15x that of a normal man (Spidermans was originally at this level).

His agility would enable him to fight at his maximum output for several hours before fatigue sets in.

His strength is somwhere between 12 - 35 greater than BP's depending upon BP's strength (using 750 lbs - 1 tonne for BP's strength).

Added to all of this is a keen tactical mind and a mastery of several martial arts.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By the creator

Static Shock says:

"T'Challa would have to rely more on his intelligence, mystical capabilities (rarely uses this) and weapons that his fighting skills. He normally does that when fighting against opponents that are stronger than himself, or have a greater advantage against him: -He let Chiantang, the Black Dragon swallow him purposefully, just so he could plant bio-implants inside his body. Then, when finished, he cut him open to escape. Then, the bio-implants transformed him back into his human form, only to get murked by a nearby tribal army. -When Klaw merged with water to make himself giant and invincible, T'Challa stabbed him with a vibranium dagger with his Kimoyo Card connected to it, immobilizing him and causing him to go blind. Then, T'Challa clawed him to death. -T'Challa defeated Mephisto at one point. He radioed some scientists back home used machines to technologically alter the mystical energies that made Mephisto who he is. After that, T'Challa laid him out with one punch, and ripped his heart out, causing him to be sucked into his realm. Once there, he sold his soul to Mephisto on purpose, just so the Panther God, Bast, could interfere and overpower him, causing him to flee. -Fought Iron Fist to a draw. Danny was brainwashed, though. T'Challa's suit absorbed most of the impact from Danny's iron blows, and T'Challa himself got in some licks. But, T'Challa took one of his mini-radios out of his mask and shoved it into Danny ears. The noise from the radio knocked him out cold. -Fought Silver Surfer and won. He had a special armor that could strip the Power Cosmic from a herald at the time. When Surfer tried to blast him, he couldn't stop his blast, and the suit eventually took the power Cosmic from him. Then, T'Challa gave him that one-hitter quitter with an axehandle uppercut. -Defeated Hydro Man with relative ease. Hydro Man took one of his energy daggers. Then, *T'Challa shoved his vibranium boot inside of him to trigger an electric current between the sole of his boot and the dagger itself, causing Hydro Man to separate into hydrogen and oxygen* (electrolysis). Then, lose power lines set H-Man on fire. So, either way you look at this, **T'Challa wins because he makes excellent use of his resources.** In this fight, he's bound to do just that. "

Yep. The only way I see him winning is via gadgets.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hadrelius

The_Creator says:

"Alpha says:
"I don't think his suit would work with claws. Vibranium absorbs impact blows and it would be a slash movement. But again, BP has fought stronger and fster characters (like Sabretooth) before. BP is able to deal with superior powered opponents because he's a better fighter and smarter. "
Sabretooth is not stronger than Puma (for most of Sabertooths carreer he was potentailly only able to lift several hundred pounds - yes this has risen to around 10 tonnes now) and Sabertooth sure does not have reactions or agility as high as those of Puma. At best his reactions are on par with Wolverines or BPs. Pumas agility and reaction time is around 15x that of a normal man (Spidermans was originally at this level). His agility would enable him to fight at his maximum output for several hours before fatigue sets in. His strength is somwhere between 12 - 35 greater than BP's depending upon BP's strength (using 750 lbs - 1 tonne for BP's strength). Added to all of this is a keen tactical mind and a mastery of several martial arts. "

Thanks for the info. I always thought Sabretooth was quicker than Wolverine.

Jet Speeeeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jet Speeeeed

I believe Static convinced me even more. I am going to go with BP

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock

The_Creator says:

"Sabretooth is not stronger than Puma (for most of Sabertooths carreerhe was potentailly only able to lift several hundred pounds - yes thishas risen to around 10 tonnes now) and Sabertooth sure does not havereactions or agility as high as those of Puma."

Sabretooth's maximum limit is 25 tons. He's stronger than Puma.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"T'Challa would have to rely more on his intelligence, mystical capabilities (rarely uses this) and weapons that his fighting skills. He normally does that when fighting against opponents that are stronger than himself, or have a greater advantage against him: -He let Chiantang, the Black Dragon swallow him purposefully, just so he could plant bio-implants inside his body. Then, when finished, he cut him open to escape. Then, the bio-implants transformed him back into his human form, only to get murked by a nearby tribal army. -When Klaw merged with water to make himself giant and invincible, T'Challa stabbed him with a vibranium dagger with his Kimoyo Card connected to it, immobilizing him and causing him to go blind. Then, T'Challa clawed him to death. -T'Challa defeated Mephisto at one point. He radioed some scientists back home used machines to technologically alter the mystical energies that made Mephisto who he is. After that, T'Challa laid him out with one punch, and ripped his heart out, causing him to be sucked into his realm. Once there, he sold his soul to Mephisto on purpose, just so the Panther God, Bast, could interfere and overpower him, causing him to flee. -Fought Iron Fist to a draw. Danny was brainwashed, though. T'Challa's suit absorbed most of the impact from Danny's iron blows, and T'Challa himself got in some licks. But, T'Challa took one of his mini-radios out of his mask and shoved it into Danny ears. The noise from the radio knocked him out cold. -Fought Silver Surfer and won. He had a special armor that could strip the Power Cosmic from a herald at the time. When Surfer tried to blast him, he couldn't stop his blast, and the suit eventually took the power Cosmic from him. Then, T'Challa gave him that one-hitter quitter with an axehandle uppercut. -Defeated Hydro Man with relative ease. Hydro Man took one of his energy daggers. Then, *T'Challa shoved his vibranium boot inside of him to trigger an electric current between the sole of his boot and the dagger itself, causing Hydro Man to separate into hydrogen and oxygen* (electrolysis). Then, lose power lines set H-Man on fire. So, either way you look at this, **T'Challa wins because he makes excellent use of his resources.** In this fight, he's bound to do just that. "

All of those battles BP happened to have something that would defeat his enemy, via some great weakness they have, such as all of the times someone happens to whip out kryptonite on Superman.

He just happened to have the bio implants for Chiantang.

He had scientific help against Mephisto, who would have had no trouble with Panther if BP hadn't already planned his meeting out with him.

Fought a brainwashed Iron Fist who was relying almost exclusively on striking attacks, which are useless because of BP's costume. In his right mind, it is doubtful that Iron Fist would have kept to this tactic.

Just happened to have the one piece of technology that would give him a chance against Silver Surfer.

Was smart enough to use electricity on a water based opponent. Along with his fight with Iron Fist, this is the only time that prep time isn't involved.

Puma doesn't have one glaring weakness to exploit. He's much quicker, much stronger, and has weapons (claws and the intelligence to use choke holds or to simply dislocate limbs) that can render the vibranium costume irrelevant, as well as being an excellent martial artist in his own right. Without being afforded the opportunity to prep before the fight, Black Panther is most likely to end up losing. He would put up a good fight but without having something to give him the edge in this bout, Black Panther is outclassed.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BlackPanther

Static Shock says:

"T'Challa would have to rely more on his intelligence, mystical capabilities (rarely uses this) and weapons that his fighting skills. He normally does that when fighting against opponents that are stronger than himself, or have a greater advantage against him:-He let Chiantang, the Black Dragon swallow him purposefully, just so he could plant bio-implants inside his body. Then, when finished, he cut him open to escape. Then, the bio-implants transformed him back into his human form, only to get murked by a nearby tribal army.-When Klaw merged with water to make himself giant and invincible, T'Challa stabbed him with a vibranium dagger with his Kimoyo Card connected to it, immobilizing him and causing him to go blind. Then, T'Challa clawed him to death.-T'Challa defeated Mephisto at one point. He radioed some scientists back home used machines to technologically alter the mystical energies that made Mephisto who he is. After that, T'Challa laid him out with one punch, and ripped his heart out, causing him to be sucked into his realm. Once there, he sold his soul to Mephisto on purpose, just so the Panther God, Bast, could interfere and overpower him, causing him to flee.-Fought Iron Fist to a draw. Danny was brainwashed, though. T'Challa's suit absorbed most of the impact from Danny's iron blows, and T'Challa himself got in some licks. But, T'Challa took one of his mini-radios out of his mask and shoved it into Danny ears. The noise from the radio knocked him out cold.-Fought Silver Surfer and won. He had a special armor that could strip the Power Cosmic from a herald at the time. When Surfer tried to blast him, he couldn't stop his blast, and the suit eventually took the power Cosmic from him. Then, T'Challa gave him that one-hitter quitter with an axehandle uppercut.-Defeated Hydro Man with relative ease. Hydro Man took one of his energy daggers. Then, *T'Challa shoved his vibranium boot inside of him to trigger an electric current between the sole of his boot and the dagger itself, causing Hydro Man to separate into hydrogen and oxygen* (electrolysis). Then, lose power lines set H-Man on fire.So, either way you look at this, **T'Challa wins because he makes excellent use of his resources.** In this fight, he's bound to do just that. "

wow looks like you know your stuff. i didnt remember some of those battles.

yo static where are you from? jus askin...

anyway Peace

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

Forever says:

"All of those battles BP happened to have something that would defeat his enemy, via some great weakness they have, such as all of the times someone happens to whip out kryptonite on Superman.He just happened to have the bio implants for Chiantang.He had scientific help against Mephisto, who would have had no trouble with Panther if BP hadn't already planned his meeting out with him.Fought a brainwashed Iron Fist who was relying almost exclusively on striking attacks, which are useless because of BP's costume. In his right mind, it is doubtful that Iron Fist would have kept to this tactic.Just happened to have the one piece of technology that would give him a chance against Silver Surfer.Was smart enough to use electricity on a water based opponent. Along with his fight with Iron Fist, this is the only time that prep time isn't involved.Puma doesn't have one glaring weakness to exploit. He's much quicker, much stronger, and has weapons (claws and the intelligence to use choke holds or to simply dislocate limbs) that can render the vibranium costume irrelevant, as well as being an excellent martial artist in his own right. Without being afforded the opportunity to prep before the fight, Black Panther is most likely to end up losing. He would put up a good fight but without having something to give him the edge in this bout, Black Panther is outclassed."

Whether its weaknesses or not, T'Challa has enough resources to defeat enemies stronger than himself.

-He had the bio-implants from the get-go. He didn't go all the way back to Wakanda to get them. No weakness was exploited here. No prep involved.

-He didn't plan that on Mephisto. He did it on the fly... No prep involved.

-Even though the costume is a defense against the Iron blows from Iron Fist, he still got knocked out along with him. That battle gave T'Challa brain aneurysms later on in the series. That's why I said a draw. Had he not been brainwashed, T'Challa would have still defeated him regardless. He just happened to use his radios to fight him. No weakness was exploited here.

-Yeah, that piece of equipment helped him win against the Surfer. Period.

-Panther beat him with electricity. And?

T'Challa has the resources to win. That's my argument. Puma doesn't have to have a noticeable weakness to lose. And, I doubt any prep time would be needed for this fight.