• 64 results
#1 Posted by Silverrings (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther and the forces of Wakanda

vs

Namor and the forces of Atlantis

A war has broken out between Wakanda and Atlantis. T'Challa and Namor each want to take over the other's kingdom, so they'll try to cause as little collateral damage as possible, but other than that this is all out war. Both kings have all the resources and armies in their kingdoms, but T'Challa doesn't have Storm. There will be no outside interference. Everyone is in character, save for fighting each other, obviously.

Opinions?

#2 Posted by DrunkVader (813 posts) - - Show Bio

namor is a jerk f**k em black panther wins

#3 Posted by green_skaar (5891 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor

Namor is a legit heavy weight that is very under-rated here on CV.

#4 Posted by dondave (39781 posts) - - Show Bio

Wakanda ftw, btw they already massacred Atlantis

#5 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor stomps Black Panther

Wakanda stomps Atlantis

#6 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor doesn't stand a chance. Wakanda wins pretty easily.

#7 Posted by Sufferthorn (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Atlantis. Wakanda has incredible technology though.

#8 Posted by Silverrings (3043 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondave said:

When did that happen?

Namor

Namor is a legit heavy weight that is very under-rated here on CV.

Why do you think Namor wins? It's a battle of armies, as well, not just the kings.

Namor stomps Black Panther

Wakanda stomps Atlantis

Namor and Panther won't necessarily fight each other, but if you think it's likely then go ahead and specifiy. Why do you think Namor beats Panther and Wakanda beats Atlantis?

#9 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor and Atlantis would stomp. the fact that BP and Wakanda can even come close to standing up to them is BS.

#10 Posted by Yokergeist (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther wins

#11 Edited by dondave (39781 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor and Atlantis would stomp. the fact that BP and Wakanda can even come close to standing up to them is BS.

So you've never read a Black Panther comic I take it?

#13 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings: I just said that mainly because of the title. Assuming its normal BP, he's peak human. Namor is nearly as strong and durable as Hulk but can fly as well. BP doesn't stand a chance.

Wakanda has a lot of advanced tech along with vibranium to use and considering BP is a genius, they should have a lot of tech to bring down Atlantis. Plus, it already happened but with Namor not there(not like it would've made made a huge difference.)

#14 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

I have I love BP but if you think realistically Namor would crush him and Wakanda along with his Atlanteans. They command the sea (that's 70 percent of the world BP doesn't even hold 5 percent) holding some of the most dangerous creatures on the planet. What's stopping him from calling up 50 Krakens and wrecking sh!t

#15 Edited by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@silverrings: I just said that mainly because of the title. Assuming its normal BP, he's peak human. Namor is nearly as strong and durable as Hulk but can fly as well. BP doesn't stand a chance.

Wakanda has a lot of advanced tech along with vibranium to use and considering BP is a genius, they should have a lot of tech to bring down Atlantis. Plus, it already happened but with Namor not there(not like it would've made made a huge difference.)

Just a minor correction but Black panther with the heart shaped herb is enhanced and not peak. King of the dead is super human.

All though yes Namor will wreck Black panther in a one on one fight. Without prep.

#16 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Just a minor correction but Black panther with the heart shaped herb is enhanced and not peak. King of the dead is super human.

All though yes Namor will wreck Black panther in a one on one fight. Without prep.

Enhanced. Peak. Close enough. Both are really similar in the world of comics.

#17 Edited by Ddecourt (811 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa vowed to kill him, I believe that he will.

#18 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

I have I love BP but if you think realistically Namor would crush him and Wakanda along with his Atlanteans. They command the sea (that's 70 percent of the world BP doesn't even hold 5 percent) holding some of the most dangerous creatures on the planet. What's stopping him from calling up 50 Krakens and wrecking sh!t

Well I don't think he can cause If he could've he would have. Especially after Wakanda laid Atlantis to waste for the second time. No one seems to remember priests run when Atlantis and Wakanda went to war and T'Challa's grandad beat Namor before. T'challa has his power and every other Panther's power. And when Wakanda is ready for War, no one can stop them.

#19 Posted by dondave (39781 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

Well I don't think he can cause If he could've he would have. Especially after Wakanda laid Atlantis to waste for the second time. No one seems to remember priests run when Atlantis and Wakanda went to war and T'Challa's grandad beat Namor before. T'challa has his power and every other Panther's power. And when Wakanda is ready for War, no one can stop them.

What issue was this?

#20 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

Lol ok whatever an army of super powered underwater beasts against some normal guys with little enhancements.

#21 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@nelomaxwell said:

Lol ok whatever an army of super powered underwater beasts against some normal guys with little enhancements.

Tell that to Marvel since it happened, twice.

#22 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@nelomaxwell said:

Tell that to Marvel since it happened, twice.

It's PIS anyways

#23 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Considering Wakanda is more advanced then Atlantis is its not PIS. They have better technology (for example they were able to deactivate skrull tech in secret invasion). Thats really all there is to it. This isn't about brawns.

#24 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Considering Wakanda is more advanced then Atlantis is its not PIS. They have better technology (for example they were able to deactivate skrull tech in secret invasion). Thats really all there is to it. This isn't about brawns.

They're not unconquered for nothing. I don't see what your beef is. Unless you're trying to make a argument based on the rules of the real world.

#25 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Superior Tech doesn't mean a victory. Iron-man has the best tech over everyone yet he get's beaten by pure brawn characters like Hulk. Namor could call up an insane amount of Sea Creatures that would devour Wakanda.

#26 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Superior Tech doesn't mean a victory. Iron-man has the best tech over everyone yet he get's beaten by pure brawn characters like Hulk. Namor could call up an insane amount of Sea Creatures that would devour Wakanda.

And whats stopping Wakanda from destroying Atlantis? Do you realize that black panther helped Reed create the bombs that the new avengers are using to blow up planets? Whats stopping Wakanda from just nuking atlantis.

IIRC Iron mans plan for beating hulk only really failed because it was sabotaged in ww hulk. And likewise Banner nearly killed the hulk during Jason Aarons run due to his brains. In some cases intelligence>>>Brawn. This is one of those cases. Hell Shuri (who is inferior to black panther in every way) nearly beat namor with prep IIRC.

#27 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

And whats stopping Wakanda from destroying Atlantis? Do you realize that black panther helped Reed create the bombs that the new avengers are using to blow up planets? Whats stopping Wakanda from just nuking atlantis.

IIRC Iron mans plan for beating hulk only really failed because it was sabotaged in ww hulk. And likewise Banner nearly killed the hulk during Jason Aarons run due to his brains. In some cases intelligence>>>Brawn. This is one of those cases. Hell Shuri (who is inferior to black panther in every way) nearly beat namor with prep IIRC.

You are very correct she had him on the ropes.

I guess he didn't read New Avengers when they created the world destroyer.

#28 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

#29 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

What's stopping Namor from destroying those machines. Iron Man's plans have never worked even against some of the dumbest version's of Hulk nearly ever character can't come up with a plan to put Hulk down because he is just so strong and powerful. Namor isn't stupid he knows how to plan along with the atlanteans he could make a plan to beat Wakanda.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

What's stopping Namor from destroying those machines.

There bombs. Smashing them just makes them explode.

Iron Man's plans have never worked even against some of the dumbest version's of Hulk nearly ever character can't come up with a plan to put Hulk down because he is just so strong and powerful.

I am pretty sure iron man beat hulk once back in the day. Anyways this isn't iron man vs hulk so its irreverent.

Namor isn't stupid he knows how to plan along with the atlanteans he could make a plan to beat Wakanda.

He isn't anywhere near T'challas tactical level.

#31 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Iron Man's plans have never worked even against some of the dumbest version's of Hulk nearly ever character can't come up with a plan to put Hulk down because he is just so strong and powerful.

I am pretty sure iron man beat hulk once back in the day. Anyways this isn't iron man vs hulk so its irreverent.

Namor isn't stupid he knows how to plan along with the atlanteans he could make a plan to beat Wakanda.

Let's be serious for a second Atlantis is laid to waste almost every event. Back when Priest wrote the Panther, back before Utopia and now again for a third time. That we know of. Call us when Namor can out think Dr. Doom, There's a reason why he's still a prince strategy isn't his strong suit.

#32 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Never said he was going to smash them he could easily just get rid of them

He beat him in the most PIS written way possible

Agreed but that doesn't mean Namor can't make up an incredible strategy and wreck him. Captain America has the greatest tactical mind (okay maybe one of the greatest) on the planet yet he's beaten by Wolverine etc.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (39223 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Namor has been King of Atlantis for awhile now.

#34 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Let's be serious for a second Atlantis is laid to waste almost every event. Back when Priest wrote the Panther, back before Utopia and now again for a third time. That we know of. Call us when Namor can out think Dr. Doom, There's a reason why he's still a prince strategy isn't his strong suit.

Pretty much. Black Panther just has better prep feats.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642

How is he just going to get rid of them? And what makes you think Namor would even be aware of them?

He still beat him.

Agreed but that doesn't mean Namor can't make up an incredible strategy and wreck him. Captain America has the greatest tactical mind (okay maybe one of the greatest) on the planet yet he's beaten by Wolverine etc.

Considering in there most recent fight Captain America got wolverine BFRd with the help of giant man I would say Caps tactical mind is pretty useful if he is given time to prepare. Most of his fights with wolverine are random encounters....Obviously he is going to lose. But with prep he might be able to take wolverine.

And again this is irreverent as cap doesn't have the resources, or scientific knowledge black panther has. Black Panther far exceeds Namor in tactical thinking, scientific knowledge, and resources. This isn't a physical fight.

#35 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Proxima Midnight called him Prince, in NA#9.

#36 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@jashro44 said:

Pretty much. Black Panther just has better prep feats.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642

How is he just going to get rid of them? And what makes you think Namor would even be aware of them?

He still beat him.

Considering in there most recent fight Captain America got wolverine BFRd with the help of giant man I would say Caps tactical mind is pretty useful if he is given time to prepare. Most of his fights with wolverine are random encounters....Obviously he is going to lose. But with prep he might be able to take wolverine.

And again this is irreverent as cap doesn't have the resources, or scientific knowledge black panther has. Black Panther far exceeds Namor in tactical thinking, scientific knowledge, and resources. This isn't a physical fight.

He was there when they had it and what makes you think Reed would just let BP take them

It's PIS plain and simple

Batman is another good example.

#37 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Jamie doesn't know anything about the bombs...black panther doesn't need to take the bombs. He probably has a blue prit to create another one of those bombs. Your examples are also irrelevant....

#38 Posted by comic_book_fan (6403 posts) - - Show Bio

cool fight but namor and company wins in the end although this would be epic

#39 Edited by God_Spawn (39223 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Haven't read NA 9 yet so I'd have to check for myself. Still doesn't change the fact he's been called the King of Atlantis for awhile now. Just to point out a more recent mention, check out any front page of Gillen's UXM run where they do the little description like "Emma Frost, diamond skinned telepath". Namor's says "King of Atlantis". I know there are a few other comics over the past few years at the very least that have referred to Namor as king. I'd say it was just a slip up by Hickman.

#40 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Jamie doesn't know anything about the bombs...black panther doesn't need to take the bombs. He probably has a blue prit to create another one of those bombs. Your examples are also irrelevant....

Yes he does he was right there when they destroyed the planet. I doubt it don't make faceless assumptions Reed probably wouldn't let anyone have it since it's too dangerous hell if anyone would take the Blue Prints it would be Stark. Not really Batman has been beaten by foes .even though he has a great tactical mind and the technology to back it up (hint hint)

#41 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Yes he does he was right there when they destroyed the planet. I doubt it don't make faceless assumptions Reed probably wouldn't let anyone have it since it's too dangerous hell if anyone would take the Blue Prints it would be Stark. Not really Batman has been beaten by foes .even though he has a great tactical mind and the technology to back it up (hint hint)

How would Namor know how to create these Weapons? Atlantis has engineers who are at the level of BP, Reed and Tony now? Since when? And batman doesn't have a countries worth of wealth and tech. So what's your excuse?

#42 Posted by God_Spawn (39223 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Bleh, notifications were acting up again a bit ago. Didn't know if you saw.

@nelomaxwell: Haven't read NA 9 yet so I'd have to check for myself. Still doesn't change the fact he's been called the King of Atlantis for awhile now. Just to point out a more recent mention, check out any front page of Gillen's UXM run where they do the little description like "Emma Frost, diamond skinned telepath". Namor's says "King of Atlantis". I know there are a few other comics over the past few years at the very least that have referred to Namor as king. I'd say it was just a slip up by Hickman.

#43 Posted by DWrathborne (394 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a thought, but I highly doubt Namor would sick a horde of giant sea creatures on Wakanda with impunity. Wakanda is land locked, and unless Namor was some how able to smuggle some beasties into the large freshwater lake on Wakanda's southwest border under Black Panther's nose, any sea beast is going to have to trek through a few other countries to reach their target. But given the conditions of this war, such an attack would likely cause too much collateral damage to be seriously considered even if Wakanda was located on a coastline.

Namor is one of the more powerful of Marvel's characters, so he's a serious threat not to be taken lightly. However, he's also an arrogant cuss who'll charge in without anything more than a basic strategy because he does possess so much personal power he tends to think himself invincible. This has worked against him in the past, and IMHO, that will be his undoing here as well.

Black Panther knows exactly what he's up against, and I'm sure he's already got at least a dozen different plans to defeat Namor and Atlantis ready to implement. The Black Panther has proven to be the superior tactician, and between his superior fighting skills and the use of Wakandan technology acting as an equalizer to counter Namor's far superior physicals, I believe Black Panther will make good on his promise to kill Namor for the actions the King of Atlantis took during AvX.

But that's just one fellow's opinion. :)

#44 Edited by Silverrings (3043 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by Nelomaxwell (12028 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I did. Might have been Hickman's error. Still his home sure gets destroyed a lot for him to wear the title with any pride.

#46 Posted by tparks (6031 posts) - - Show Bio

Wakanda tech FTW.

#47 Posted by RogueShadow (14498 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is a lot more powerful than Black Panther, I remember him taking 6 claws to the chest and healing incredibly fast. But Black Panther is a lot smarter than Namor, strategically and technologically .Plus he has better resources. I think the two primary combatants aren't important in terms of physicals though, Wakanda wins, Black Panther wins and survives whilst Namor is killed by BP. BP, will dominate Namor on the battlefield, even if his soldiers are physically inferior, and he isn't gonna f**k about when Wakanda is threatened.

BP + Wakanda take this 9/10.

#48 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Him seeing the bomb in activation doesn't mean he can defuse it...

The bombs are kept in Black Panthers kingdom so I don't see why the blue prints wouldn't be. Even if they weren't Black panther could just do what he did the first time with Reed and just reverse engineer the bombs. He doesn't even need a bomb that powerful. Even if he only creates a bomb 1/30th as powerful it will be enough.

What does batman have to do with anything? Black panther isn't batman. And batman has also beaten people far suepioer to Namor so I'm not even sure why you are bringing him up...

#49 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

How did he beat him? What makes it PIS?

He Koed him by charging up his punch and putting all of the suits power into it. In reality that should've barely fazed Hulk.

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

Him seeing the bomb in activation doesn't mean he can defuse it...

The bombs are kept in Black Panthers kingdom so I don't see why the blue prints wouldn't be. Even if they weren't Black panther could just do what he did the first time with Reed and just reverse engineer the bombs. He doesn't even need a bomb that powerful. Even if he only creates a bomb 1/30th as powerful it will be enough.

What does batman have to do with anything? Black panther isn't batman. And batman has also beaten people far suepioer to Namor so I'm not even sure why you are bringing him up...

Not defuse it but he knows they exist he isn't an idiot.

Batman has never really beaten anyone like Namor plus Batman and BP are very similar characters. I brought him up as an example of a character that is extremely intelligent both in Strategy and Tech yet has been taken out by people below him in those category's.

#50 Posted by jashro44 (28918 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Whats he going to do about the bomb? He can't diffuse it...

As for batman he's beaten white martians with prep IIRC....So he's also beaten people far above Namor. Again though what batman has done isn't relevant....Black panther is not batman.