• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio

- Black Panther


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                     
 
 
                    vs.
 
- Green Arrow

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
- Location:
- Gotham City.
- Unpopulated.
- Night.
- Start 35 feet apart.
 
- Rules:
- Morals apply.
- Random encounter.
- Standard equipment.
- Standard elimination rules apply.
- Current T'Challa.
- Pre-52 GA.
- GA is only equipped with regular arrows.
#2 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther takes this. Green Arrow is a good fighter but he's not on BP's level.

#3 Posted by Distortion (313 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa wins. Via armbar.

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther. 

#5 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Black panther can eaisily dodge Green arrows deadly array of arrows.

#6 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: What is considered standard equipment for Current Tchalla?

#7 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah a bit tricky.

#8 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5293 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther.

#9 Posted by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: I don't know. Haven't been keeping up much to be honest. But it seems he gets his equipment from whatever he can make or get his hands on.
#10 Edited by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is a better fighter, has better physical attributes, has an advantage in years of combat experience, and his weaponry makes Green Arrows look like a joke.

#11 Posted by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio

What is his current equipment like?

#12 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

What is his current equipment like?

oh wait, I skipped over the OP.

Well anyhow, BP still wins. Lol

#13 Posted by The Stegman (25983 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is a better fighter, has better physical attributes, has an advantage in years of combat experience, and his weaponry makes Green Arrows look like a joke.

yup
#14 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty@_slim_: He doesn't have standard equipment. Everything he's used up to this point has been a one-time deal. Even the bladed weapons and spears he used in the Grim Hunter arc were a one-time deal.
#15 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@pooty: @_slim_: He doesn't have standard equipment. Everything he's used up to this point has been a one-time deal. Even the bladed weapons and spears he used in the Grim Hunter arc were a one-time deal.

Yeah, im just really mad how Marvel canceled BP run with being in Hell's Kitchen. It was actually pretty good. But oh well.

#16 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyronLee26: Considering the fact that Black Panther never had a long-running title other than his volume 2 run (and even that didn't last very long compared other superhero titles), it was inevitable.
#17 Posted by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@MyronLee26: Considering the fact that Black Panther never had a long-running title other than his volume 2 run (and even that didn't last very long compared other superhero titles), it was inevitable.

That was the Christopher Priest run, right?

#18 Posted by SuperTide (15578 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther ftw.

#19 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26: @The Stegman: @_slim_: So this is basically an unarmed tchalla against a near perfect marksman who has this(i'm not correct on GA so correct me if this is wrong: With an assortment of trick arrows, gadgets, and even a sword for close combat, Green Arrow is a formidable non-superpowered being. He has famous trick arrows such as the boxing glove arrow, bolo arrow, net arrow, electric shock arrow, explosive arrow and so on.

It's the trick arrows that concern me. Explosive arrows can do damage even without directly connecting. Electric netting. Sonic arrows can throw off Tchalla's balance. Freeze arrows. If GA has this stuff he can pull out a victory.

#20 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyronLee26 said:

That was the Christopher Priest run, right?

Yep. Sales for that run weren't that great, either. So, I'm surprised it lasted for 62 issues. 
#21 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

@MyronLee26: @The Stegman: @_slim_: So this is basically an unarmed tchalla against a near perfect marksman who has this(i'm not correct on GA so correct me if this is wrong: With an assortment of trick arrows, gadgets, and even a sword for close combat, Green Arrow is a formidable non-superpowered being. He has famous trick arrows such as the boxing glove arrow, bolo arrow, net arrow, electric shock arrow, explosive arrow and so on.

It's the trick arrows that concern me. Explosive arrows can do damage even without directly connecting. Electric netting. Sonic arrows can throw off Tchalla's balance. Freeze arrows. If GA has this stuff he can pull out a victory.

I forgot about all of that. 
#22 Posted by The Stegman (25983 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: well the OP said standard equipment, pre 52 GA was using basically regular arrows
#23 Edited by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think GA carries all those trick arrows. He might have a couple of explosive arrows, maybe some arrows that release nets. But I'm not to sure on the more exotic arrows (sonics, freeze, etc) if he does I'll change the OP.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@pooty: well the OP said standard equipment, pre 52 GA was using basically regular arrows
Really? I didn't see him use regular arrows until after Blackest Night...
#25 Posted by The Stegman (25983 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: yeah, that's what i was mentioning, i assumed it meant the most current version of GA prior to the new 52, which was the Brightest day series
#26 Edited by MyronLee26 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@MyronLee26 said:

That was the Christopher Priest run, right?

Yep. Sales for that run weren't that great, either. So, I'm surprised it lasted for 62 issues.

True. He just doesnt have that solid fanbase compared to others I guess. But he's slowly starting to become my favorite Superhero.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Static Shock: yeah, that's what i was mentioning, i assumed it meant the most current version of GA prior to the new 52, which was the Brightest day series
Ah. I thought you meant before 52, as in the aftermath of Infinite Crisis. My mistake.
#28 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: @_slim_: He doesn't have to carry all of them. A couple explosive and sonic will do fine. GA fights metahumans so i'm sure he has an assortment in his bag. I have also seen GA let off many arrows in a blink of an eye. I don't know if Tchalla can dodge 3 regular arrows then GA slips a sonic or explosive one in there.

#29 Posted by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio

Changed the OP. 
 
Gave GA regular arrows for equipment.

#30 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like Green Arrow to win but he's no match for the Black Panther.

BP wins.

#31 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: Gave GA regular arrows for equipment.

Then BP beats him up and makes him change his name to "Black Arrow".

#32 Edited by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew that was coming. With whatever would be considered standard equipment as far as trick arrows go GA wins, without those trick arrows and just regular arrows he loses.

#33 Posted by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Green arrow shiuld be able to last for a bit but i just dont see him possibly winning.

Either way im pretty sure that Black panthers standerd gear does include a vibranium weave suit.

#34 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Not any more thanks to no more vibranium bs. Never mind Wolverine Family Claws and Good Old Cap's shields have vibranium. Also I believe the Baxter Building's Negative Zone Door also has it but yet it only depowers panthers. Such BS.

Anyway i am pretty sure Panther can catch arrows in mid flight.

#35 Posted by emperorznb (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow may give him a fight... but in the end, Black Panther wins.

#36 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: Did cap's shield get repaired? How?

#37 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@acer51 said:

Either way im pretty sure that Black panthers standerd gear does include a vibranium weave suit.

He hasn't had a Vibranium suit in well over a year.  
 
@pooty said:

@Skaddix: Did cap's shield get repaired? How?

The shield wasn't affected because it the vibranium within it was pure.  
 
@Skaddix said:

Not any more thanks to no more vibranium bs. Never mind Wolverine Family Claws and Good Old Cap's shields have vibranium. Also I believe the Baxter Building's Negative Zone Door also has it but yet it only depowers panthers. Such BS.

....? 
 
Wolverine's claws are adamantium. Captain America's shield is a mixture of iron alloy and vibranium (and that wasn't affected because it was pure; T'Challa only neutralized processed Vibranium). The Negative Zone Door is probably pure Vibranium, too. 
#38 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Blakc Panther easily.... I mean hes too agile....

#39 Posted by pooty (11717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Sorry i meant off topic "Did Cap get his shield repaired after the Serpent broke it in "Fear Itself?"

#40 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

@Static Shock: Sorry i meant off topic "Did Cap get his shield repaired after the Serpent broke it in "Fear Itself?"

Never mind. LOL. 
#41 Posted by Saren (25068 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@Static Shock: Sorry i meant off topic "Did Cap get his shield repaired after the Serpent broke it in "Fear Itself?"

Odin's people fixed it. How, I have no idea. All the vibranium in the world was destroyed, but somehow they fixed the thing back.

Moderator
#42 Edited by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
Always assumed they used a little uru to bind it together. That, or Odin used matter manipulation on it, much like the Serpent did. Should do the trick.
Moderator
#43 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10829 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning toward Balck panther for the win.

#44 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Black Panther.
#45 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stronger

@Static Shock said:

Black Panther.
#46 Posted by Marksman (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

The Panther takes this

#47 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

Black Panther.

#48 Posted by taozen (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther is too fast and skilled. He takes Ollie.

#49 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa physically outclasses Oliver in every possible way.

Oliver loses here due to him not only being physically outmatched but technologically outclassed(bp has his standard wakandan tech, which mops the floor with a regular arrows only Oliver).

#50 Posted by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

T'Challa physically outclasses Oliver in every possible way.

Oliver loses here due to him not only being physically outmatched but technologically outclassed(bp has his standard wakandan tech, which mops the floor with a regular arrows only Oliver).

BP did not have access to his Wakanda tech, and was not using the Heart Shaped Herb at the time that this thread was created.

Just sayin.