Black Panther vs Batman vs Ryu (Street Fighter)

Avatar image for noobslayerprime11
noobslayerprime11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By noobslayerprime11

Fight to the death takes place at night in a field
The_Elemetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Elemetal

Does Batman have prep time 

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Where's the rules? Eg. Prep Time, Gear, Chi usage allowed? etc

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000

Ryu stomps with Chi and Hodoken

Without I say Ryu wins in a tough fight

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By goldenshot80

Bat man :p

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gracetrack

A few more ground rules would have been nice, but since there aren't many...

Batman wins.

I was this close to giving it to Ryu, but since it seems that pretty much anything goes (prep or no prep), Batman is going to do what he does best. He's just got too much going for him here (e.g. stealth, H2H mastery, tactics, weapons, etc.).

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Even with chi I say Ryu looses to a w/ gadgets Batman or a vibranium suit Panther. If Ryu looses control there would be trouble for either, but other than that Ryu is out gunned.

I'd pick Panther, but I'm sure a good case can be made for Batman.
Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alexander505

You can choose Batman or you can choose Black Panther. Both are excellent fighters, but neither dominates the other.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

Ryu stomps.

hold_dat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hold_dat

Ryu has access to all his abilities?he stomps

Satsui no Hado is too much. Teleportation, projectiles, raging demon, strength increase, he can even levitate in that form.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IZZR
@jeanroygrant said:

Ryu stomps.

While this dude is in the back cheerleading    
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Ryu can't teleport, he can't fly, and he can't control the Satsui No Hado; in fact evidence says that he doesn't even have it anymore.

Ryu can't beat Batman or Panther straight up. He is good, but the breaks would be beaten off of him in a good fight.
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayfournines

@hold_dat said:

Ryu has access to all his abilities?he stomps

Satsui no Hado is too much. Teleportation, projectiles, raging demon, strength increase, he can even levitate in that form.

if Ryu had access to all those abilities it would say 'Evil Ryu', not just Ryu. As far as I know, T'challa no longer has his vibranium suit as standard gear, if he does, he stomps, if not...Batman wins this, standard Batman equipment includes freeze pellets and other assorted crap that would give him the win.

hold_dat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hold_dat

@onilordasmodeus and @jayfournines

As of third strike its not confirmed that Ryu doesn't have it anymore. SF4 eludes to the fact that gouken attempted purge him of it but we do not know if thats the case. Capcom hasn't confirmed. Ono mentioned the same in Vegas lat a recent Evo. He fights Akuma, Dudley, Alex and Oro in 3s. no winners declared and we dont know if he used the satsui again

The SF4 story is the midpoint between superturbo and third strike. Ryu's personal story has not moved past 1999 when third strike was released and Alex is introduced so the current mystery is has he gotten to the point where he can defeat akuma without it. thats still his goal in 3S. we still dont know

sorry for the long post and my apologies if im not sparring right but why is Evil Ryu/Ryu not considered the same person when its his need to win that causes the changes? he changes into it when needed . yes he cant control it he needed it to defeat sagat, and akuma pushed him into it also. he stomps with it. without it i think it comes down to him and bats

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alexander505

Batman take this.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oni_Bane

Ryu kills everyone and then calls Ken to tell him he just killed two guys dressed in tights.

Ryu with a massive curbstomp.

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By henryarguelles5

I say Batman for the following reasons: Batman and Black Panther are both geniuses, and will quickly deduce that neither one can beat Ryu on their own. They team up, take Ryu down...and then Batman overwhelms Black Panther with gadgets and skill.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayfournines

@hold_dat said:

As of third strike its not confirmed that Ryu doesn't have it anymore. SF4 eludes to the fact that gouken attempted purge him of it but we do not know if thats the case. Capcom hasn't confirmed. Ono mentioned the same in Vegas lat a recent Evo. He fights Akuma, Dudley, Alex and Oro in 3s. no winners declared and we dont know if he used the satsui again

The SF4 story is the midpoint between superturbo and third strike. Ryu's personal story has not moved past 1999 when third strike was released and Alex is introduced so the current mystery is has he gotten to the point where he can defeat akuma without it. thats still his goal in 3S. we still dont know

sorry for the long post and my apologies if im not sparring right but why is Evil Ryu/Ryu not considered the same person when its his need to win that causes the changes? he changes into it when needed . yes he cant control it he needed it to defeat sagat, and akuma pushed him into it also. he stomps with it. without it i think it comes down to him and bats

Because it's an upgrade, y'know, kinda like why batman doesn't have the insider suit in this fight even though he can get access to it?

usmuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By usmuscle

Ryu stomps. He regularly fights a guy that was strong enough to sink an island with on punch. Has shown speed dodging bullets.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IZZR
@henryarguelles5 said:

I say Batman for the following reasons: Batman and Black Panther are both geniuses, and will quickly deduce that neither one can beat Ryu on their own. They team up, take Ryu down...and then Batman overwhelms Black Panther with gadgets and skill.

Theyre too honourable to do that to someone who is also a protagonist.
Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By henryarguelles5

@IZZR: Yes...against someone "normal." Batman is the peak of physical perfection, and Black Panther is the same, and both are polymaths and all that...but Ryu is a superhumanly strong fighter that shoots fireballs from his hands - he's not the normal one here. I think they'd cheat. I see Ryu as being like Iron Fist or Karate Kid, and even Batman needed to cheat to beat Karate Kid. And OP's rules state to the death: they're playing to win.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@hold_dat said:

1) As of third strike its not confirmed that Ryu doesn't have it anymore. SF4 eludes to the fact that gouken attempted purge him of it but we do not know if thats the case. Capcom hasn't confirmed. Ono mentioned the same in Vegas lat a recent Evo. He fights Akuma, Dudley, Alex and Oro in 3s. no winners declared and we dont know if he used the satsui again

2) The SF4 story is the midpoint between superturbo and third strike. Ryu's personal story has not moved past 1999 when third strike was released and Alex is introduced so the current mystery is has he gotten to the point where he can defeat akuma without it. thats still his goal in 3S. we still dont know

3) sorry for the long post and my apologies if im not sparring right but why is Evil Ryu/Ryu not considered the same person when its his need to win that causes the changes? he changes into it when needed . yes he cant control it he needed it to defeat sagat, and akuma pushed him into it also. he stomps with it. without it i think it comes down to him and bats

1) I know it's not officially confirmed that the Satsui No Hado was purged, that is why I said it was alluded to. Even still, Ryu can't control it, and can't call on it to use it. The Dark Hado might manifest, but it is a question mark. But even if it does, what can Evil Ryu do? Kill no-names? That is all that happened in his SF4 ending. Evil Ryu might be closer to Akuma than normal Ryu, but I'm not sure there is sufficient evidence to say how much.

2) We do know. The answer is he still has a long way to go. In the meeting between Oro and Ryu, Oro basically assessed him and let us (the player) and Ryu know that he was still not ready. Oro is on AKuma's level, he literally beat Ryu with one arm in a sling. Like I said, Ryu is good and as of SF3 definitively better than Ken, but still not on Gouken, Oro, Akuma, Bison, Gill, or even Gen's level in terms of skill or power.

Side note: I know Ryu has a "win" over Bison, but Bison technically ran away from that fight after Ryu got advantage. The only real wins of note that Ryu has are over Ken and Sagat. Canonically there are no other fights that he has won. Non-canonically Ryu lost to Cody, and while Cody is one of my favs, even he would loose to Bats or BP.

3) Evil Ryu and Ryu are the same person and use the same chi, but Ryu is ashamed of the darkness within him and has actively fought against using it since it's first manifestation. The dark hado manifested for only a moment in the Sagat fight and that was after Ryu lost. Sagat was trying to help Ryu, and Ryu cheap shotted him. It may have come out against Akuma (I really don't remember when though), but Ryu still lost showing that his power isn't on that level.

Potentially Ryu could stomp with the Satsui No Hadou if he embraced it, but Ryu's track record says that he doesn't and wouldn't use it.

Bats and/or BP can stay a head of an out of control Ryu, w/ gadgets and the like, either of them can beat him then bury him.

hold_dat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hold_dat

@onilordasmodeus

Per the Op the fight is to the death. If he goes all crazy just to score a win he'll succumb to it against these two as his track record has proved. His need to win is that great. Whether he embraces it or not it still manifests when he fights strong opponents.

whether on Oro's level or not Bats and T'chall have no answer for raging demon and teleportation. he can do that in with the Satsui. Wolverine is ashamed of his berserker rages also but that doesnt mean its not viable. Ryu stomps.

and here sre some of his canonical fights

defeated: Adon, Ken, Sagat, sakura, base akuma

lost to: ken, sagat (rematch), gen, akuma, oro

and here's one of my canonical fights lol

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@hold_dat:

I get what you are saying...about the fight to the death thing. But the OP didn't specify the morals and so by default we have to go morals on. Though Ryu probably wouldn't fight to the death per say, the idea that he wouldn't beat someone to within an inch of death if needed isn't implausible.

Again, Ryu, nor Akuma, have any teleportation to any degree. At best their in-game hover/dash-move is simulating them moving very fast. Ryu has never disappear or anything else on that level. And Ryu's Raging Demon...When did he learn that? Or is that just a non-canon, in-game move like the character Evil Ryu in SF4. Akuma trained and honed that technique, and has used it in story combat situations multiple times. Ryu has not. Ryu cannot do everything Akuma can do because he hasn't trained to do it. Maybe if he gave into it I'd except that he learned it some how through the Dark Hado, but that hasn't happened.

And I get what you are saying about wolve's berserker mode too, the problem is that berserker mode and the Satsui No Hado are very different. Especially since Ryu has NEVER, EVER, full given into it and can fight it. You said that it was viable, but what is canonical is that Ryu flashes into it, and then right back out. Hitting Bats or BP once with an uppercut isn't going to cut it, especially seeing the type of punishment Bats has fought through.

Finally, I said wins of note. Adon isn't a win of note because he is FAR away from Sagat's level of skill. Sakura...who? And Akuma was playing with Ryu just like Oro did. Ryu isn't ready.
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hold_dat: I get what you are saying...about the fight to the death thing. But the OP didn't specify the morals and so by default we have to go morals on. Though Ryu probably wouldn't fight to the death per say, the idea that he wouldn't beat someone to within an inch of death if needed isn't implausible. Again, Ryu, nor Akuma, have any teleportation to any degree. At best their in-game hover/dash-move is simulating them moving very fast. Ryu has never disappear or anything else on that level. And Ryu's Raging Demon...When did he learn that? Or is that just a non-canon, in-game move like the character Evil Ryu in SF4. Akuma trained and honed that technique, and has used it in story combat situations multiple times. Ryu has not. Ryu cannot do everything Akuma can do because he hasn't trained to do it. Maybe if he gave into it I'd except that he learned it some how through the Dark Hado, but that hasn't happened. And I get what you are saying about wolve's berserker mode too, the problem is that berserker mode and the Satsui No Hado are very different. Especially since Ryu has NEVER, EVER, full given into it and can fight it. You said that it was viable, but what is canonical is that Ryu flashes into it, and then right back out. Hitting Bats or BP once with an uppercut isn't going to cut it, especially seeing the type of punishment Bats has fought through. Finally, I said wins of note. Adon isn't a win of note because he is FAR away from Sagat's level of skill. Sakura...who? And Akuma was playing with Ryu just like Oro did. Ryu isn't ready.

Pffffttttttt.....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ryu stomps, even back then 3 years ago.