Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Black Panther

No Caption Provided

Hercules

No Caption Provided

- De-powered versions of Hercules and T'Challa (obviously)

Round 1: Olympian Wrestling Ring

No Caption Provided

- Morals on

- No prep

- KO

- H2H only

- Cannot move out of circle

Round 2: Hell's Kitchen Rooftops

No Caption Provided

- Morals off

- Hercules w/ Sword of Peleus

- Black Panther w/ Ebony Blade

- No prep

- To the death

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Panther. Quick and agile enough to dodge the sword, and considerably more skilled than Herc.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OptimusPalm

I think Herc has more of a chance in round one than he does in round two, but he loses the majority in both rounds.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By whacknasty

I think Herc could win a few in round one. He is a master of Pankration, which I think would fit very well in the arena chosen. I know BP has mastered quite a few martial arts, but is this one included?

Panther may be too agile though in round two...and I'm not sure how good Herc has shown himself using a blade...? I'd love to be schooled on that if he is, Herc is one of my favorites (even though I dont read too much of him).

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Prime

Nice set up :-) Imo first encounter could be very close as BP has shown he has more than enough to out wit the Bricks as in his encounter with The Thing..
BP cleans house 2- Zero :-)

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 : I would think a depowered Herc would still be bigger & stronger than a depowered BP and Herc is the master of Pankration which is what this fight is. Herc gets he win.

Round 2 : I was leaning towards BP at first but if its just the rooftop, than it's the same situation as round 1. It's just that if you're off the rooftop, instead of being out of the circle, you're possibly falling to your death. I'm assuming Herc can just drop his sword if he wants to, go h2h with Pankration, disarm BP and throw him off the roof for the win. Regardless of how skilled BP is, i'm sure Herc has lifetimes worth of experience fighting in this type of situation where the opponent has nowhere to run and they are basically fighting head on over BP.

Now if BP can use the entire city to his advantage than i'll go with BP since he's craftier, stealthier and smarter.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pooty

Herc could take it in round 1. BP takes round 2 because of space

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'd still say BP takes both rounds. In round 1 I'd think T'Challa is smart enough to keep on his toes and not let Herc get him trapped, there is still a bit of room for Panther to play in so he doesn't have to try and out muscle Herc. And T'Challa has shown he can use nerve strikes on someone like Luke Cage, he could drop Herc then. Herc still has a shot though.

Round 2 as people mentioned, he has space and can blend in with the darkness and use that to his advantage. Herc sticks out quite a bit.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik

Panther in both. Hercules has not shown that he has anywhere near the fighting skill that Panther has. 

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I'm seeing different opinions....DEBATE!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I side with Panther as well. I haven't seen Herc do anything impressive vs a skilled opponent yet.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Killemall

Panther both rounds :) better skilled 'nuff said!

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By difficlus

@OptimusPalm said:

I think Herc has more of a chance in round one than he does in round two, but he loses the majority in both rounds.

second

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock  Online

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

Round 1 : I would think a depowered Herc would still be bigger & stronger than a depowered BP

How do you figure this? Black Panther, while depowered, is peak-human... Bigger? Maybe. Stronger? I don't know. Anything to support that?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

Round 1 : I would think a depowered Herc would still be bigger & stronger than a depowered BP

How do you figure this? Black Panther, while depowered, is peak-human... Bigger? Maybe. Stronger? I don't know. Anything to support that?

Best strength feat I remember from him.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k560/baronhelmutzemo/various2/Herc1023.jpg
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k560/baronhelmutzemo/various2/Herc1024.jpg
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k560/baronhelmutzemo/various2/Herc2003.jpg
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Anyway, Black Panther in both rounds. Being a master of Pankration doesn't edge out this fight (it's a mix of Boxing and Wrestling, but... big whoop). Black Panther is master of several fighting styles, plus African ones. But, it's not even about the style(s) you know. It's about how well you've been trained. The ring in the first fight isn't new to T'Challa. Hand-to-hand battles have been fought in rings similar to that in Wakanda for centuries, so I see don't Herc having the advantage there, either. He's even mastered boxing, and briefly school the Thing in a fight after depowering him. He's also been able to defeated his uncle Syan, who's supposed to be as skilled as T'Chaka (who was the Black Panther prior to T'Challa becoming one). At the time, T'Challa had no powers, while Syan was already enhanced. With that said, it took pure skill for T'Challa to overcome the physical advantage of his uncle to win. After that, he went on to fight six of Wakanda deadliest warriors at once, and he won that, too, before becoming the Black Panther There was also the time he defeated a group of superpowered beings from South Africa while he was depowered years ago, using his cunning. Also, T'Challa dropped Luke Cage with nerve strikes and just recently, he nonchalantly owned Lady Bullseye in combat (and both of them were doped up on Spider-Powers).

Don't think that because he's depowered, he can't hack it anymore.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Panther.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock  Online

@Morpheus_: Steel I-Beams are pretty heavy, but their weight can vary. I think the smallest ones are 22 lb/ft. But, since the one he's holding is used for skyscrapers, it probably weighs more.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stompa

@Morpheus_ said:

@Static Shock said:

Best strength feat I remember from him.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k560/baronhelmutzemo/various2/Herc1023.jpg
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k560/baronhelmutzemo/various2/Herc1024.jpg
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k560/baronhelmutzemo/various2/Herc2003.jpg

Wow at first i wanted to say BP in both rounds but now i would say Herc wins a slight majority in the first round but still looses clearly in the second.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

@Morpheus_: Steel I-Beams are pretty heavy, but their weight can vary. I think the smallest ones are 22 lb/ft. But, since the one he's holding is used for skyscrapers, it probably weighs more.

The rest of the structure collapsing must also add something to it, but to what extent is really hard to say. I don't think strength would be the defining factor in this fight, though.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock  Online

@Morpheus_ said:

The rest of the structure collapsing must also add something to it, but to what extent is really hard to say. I don't think strength would be the defining factor in this fight, though.

Agreed. The best strength feat I've seen from Black Panther recently was his ability to rip a mailbox from the concrete.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By ReVamp

Interesting Herc feat, might give him a slight advantage. Round two to BP, Herc has a chance in the beginning, but if it takes too long I'd give it to BP.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Agreed. The best strength feat I've seen from Black Panther recently was his ability to rip a mailbox from the concrete.

The protectors of Hell's Kitchen seem to have a penchant for using that move, DD did it to beat up Hyde, haha.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#24  Edited By AssertingValor

BP round 2

Herc round 1.................................

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

I don't see why a depowered BP would be peak human while a depowered Herc wouldn't be and if both are depowered and Herc is drawn consistently to have more muscles & bigger than BP, well more muscles mean more strength to me.

And being a master of Pankration is a big whoop in these 2 situations. Round 1 is a MMA fight and Pankration is the preferred technique of MMA which is actually the basis of most martial arts. Herc is the creator/master of this technique and now you're pitting BP in a situation where he is fighting the master of MMA in an MMA setting. Why would Herc, (who is based on heracles) who has possibly been fighting man, monsters and gods since before BP's great great great grandparents were even conceived, not win?

To me round 2 is basically the same thing as round one which is why i'm leaning towards Herc. I'm not 100% saying he would win like in round 1 though. In my opinion BP is still technically stuck in a ring, it just so happens to be on top of a building now. Is he going to jump over to another rooftop? I don't think he would and if he did, does he expect Herc to be stupid enough to chase him (if he can even jump rooftops) and fall into a trap? I don't see Herc being that stupid. The sword is an advantage for BP but Herc has fought men, monsters and gods with weapons while he relied on his hands so he should know how to deal with this even without the sword that was given him.

Now if they are inside the city of Hell's Kitchen and BP can play some cat & mouse games then I can see BP winning, easily. Otherwise, a roof top & a sword doesn't give me much of a reason to say BP wins hands down. It's pretty even for me in round 2.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Panther in round two for sure ...

Round One, hand to hand, if I were to use an ounce of real life logic, I'd go with Hercules. Why? Because top tier wrestlers own (for the most part) in MMA. Based off comicbook feats, however, I'd have to give Round One to BP as well.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Super_SoldierXII: Why is Round Two a no-brainer? Is BP that much better with the sword or is it the environment that gives him the advantage.?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock  Online

I don't see why a depowered BP would be peak human....

I'm pretty sure Black Panther knows how strong he is without powers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Herc is drawn consistently to have more muscles & bigger than BP, well more muscles mean more strength to me.

Really? Tell that to this guy.

Size is insignificant to T'Challa.
Size is insignificant to T'Challa.

And being a master of Pankration is a big whoop in these 2 situations. Round 1 is a MMA fight and Pankration is the preferred technique of MMA which is actually the basis of most martial arts. Herc is the creator/master of this technique and now you're pitting BP in a situation where he is fighting the master of MMA in an MMA setting.

You should read my last post more carefully. Black Panther has fought in MMA settings before, and on one occasion against a man who was physically enhanced and T'Challa defeated him without any enhancements. Not just that, Wakandans have been fighting in MMA settings for centuries. Like I said before, the setting isn't new to T'Challa.

The ring he's fighting in is very similar to the ring in this battle. Plus, that very same ring style has been used for ceremonial battles in Wakanda for a very long time. It doesn't give Herc an edge at all.

The fighting style Herc knows isn't the issue here, either, because Black Panther is a master several fighting styles himself. If Herc is close enough to use grappling techniques, he's also close enough to get put down by nerve strikes, immediately.

Why would Herc, (who is based on heracles) who has possibly been fighting man, monsters and gods since before BP's great great great grandparents were even conceived, not win?

The only reason why Herc was able to fight gods and monsters was because he HAD powers to do. Here, he doesn't benefit from them and would be fighting someone that's at or around his physical level. Why would he just as easily win to you?

To me round 2 is basically the same thing as round one which is why i'm leaning towards Herc. I'm not 100% saying he would win like in round 1 though. In my opinion BP is still technically stuck in a ring, it just so happens to be on top of a building now. Is he going to jump over to another rooftop? I don't think he would and if he did, does he expect Herc to be stupid enough to chase him (if he can even jump rooftops) and fall into a trap? I don't see Herc being that stupid.

T'Challa would beat him without doing any of this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock: I'm not sure what these scans of BP beating on someone who looks to be in his very fit 50s and a big goon is suppose to mean in this instance. The scan vs the wannabe BP, thats a good scan but to compare some Wakandans to Herc, who wouldn't even fight like that wannabe BP, feels you are selling Herc short.

I've had some training in boxing and a little MMA at the local UFC gym so maybe i'm biased but I know you need a very good wrestling background for round 1 and again, Herc is the master. Regardless of how skilled you are in other form of martial arts, in this setting, some form of wrestling is needed.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Why is Round Two a no-brainer? Is BP that much better with the sword or is it the environment that gives him the advantage.?

Guess my certitude was a bit misleading. I just feel Hercules has a lot to prove with a blade yet. Whereas Pankration and Wrestling are arguably the most successful components of modern MMA which leaves the hand to hand proponent less certain IMO. Hercules is the champion of these ancient Greek arts ... but still has a lot to prove featwise.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Erik

@Static Shock: I'm not sure what these scans of BP beating on someone who looks to be in his very fit 50s and a big goon is suppose to mean in this instance. The scan vs the wannabe BP, thats a good scan but to compare some Wakandans to Herc, who wouldn't even fight like that wannabe BP, feels you are selling Herc short.

I've had some training in boxing and a little MMA at the local UFC gym so maybe i'm biased but I know you need a very good wrestling background for round 1 and again, Herc is the master. Regardless of how skilled you are in other form of martial arts, in this setting, some form of wrestling is needed.

You are. 
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@Super_SoldierXII: Yeah I might have pre-matured with this thread, but I figured with BP's skill and Hercules' years of experience and both being de-powere, it be interesting to see them as "peak humans" go at it.

AquaDCman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By AquaDCman

Ha well Black Panther is like THE BATMAN of Marvel lol. Not just going off that, but from what I read of Black Panther, he takes the cake...then Hulk smashes it into Herc's face. Who knows, maybe the Disney once may come out and kill BP with his lovely vocals.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Yeah I might have pre-matured with this thread, but I figured with BP's skill and Hercules' years of experience and both being de-powere, it be interesting to see them as "peak humans" go at it.

It's actually a good idea ... but Herc is coming into this a bit feat 'handicapped' as it were. I actually hope Marvel does him justice. He has potential to be a real badass. Hope they don't dumb him down.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By texasdeathmatch

@Super_SoldierXII: Do you think Marvel will keep him de-powered for a while?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Do you think Marvel will keep him de-powered for a while?

I think they should. Create someone more three dimensional. Personally, I'd like to see him showcase top tier skill (showcase for once what it means to be an immortal warrior of the ages) and then gradually get powered back up bit by bit. Have him regain his godhood in a battle of attrition.

A lot of potential there. Though sometimes it's staggering to see Marvel let all kinds of potential slip off the grid.

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crabtree

Hercules wins both.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Black Panther.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock  Online

@Static Shock: I'm not sure what these scans of BP beating on someone who looks to be in his very fit 50s and a big goon is suppose to mean in this instance.

In all honesty, I think you're feigning ignorance. Let me make things more clear. You said this.

Herc is drawn consistently to have more muscles & bigger than BP, well more muscles mean more strength to me.

Then, in response to you thinking that someone bigger and more muscular is generally stronger than someone smaller (which would imply that you think size is everything), I posted a scan of Black Panther beating the crap out of someone who's twice his size and more muscular than he was to show you that size means absolutely nothing.

As far as the guy's age, you don't know how old he is, so I don't see how that's factor.

The scan vs the wannabe BP, thats a good scan but to compare some Wakandans to Herc, who wouldn't even fight like that wannabe BP, feels you are selling Herc short.

First of all, that 'wannabe' Black Panther wasn't exactly a wannabe. That was Syan, T'Challa's uncle, who was the Black Panther at the time before T'Challa took the mantle from him. There's no such thing a wannabe Black Panther because the title has to be earned. One would have to go through the Rise of Ascension, eat the Heart-Shaped Herb, and then be deemed worthy by the Panther God to be the Black Panther.

Second, the scan wasn't posted to compare Wakandan warriors to Greek warriors (in this case, Hercules). Either you aren't paying attention or you're reading but you aren't comprehending. I figured you'd look at the scans and notice the kind of ring they were fighting in (which happened to be round, just like the ring in this battle was, to show you that MMA-style rings are prevalent in Wakanda). If you still don't understand, let me repost what I said the first time.

@Static Shock said:

You should read my last post more carefully. Black Panther has fought in MMA settings before, and on one occasion against a man who was physically enhanced and T'Challa defeated him without any enhancements. Not just that, Wakandans have been fighting in MMA settings for centuries. Like I said before, the setting isn't new to T'Challa.

The ring he's fighting in is very similar to the ring in this battle. Plus, that very same ring style has been used for ceremonial battles in Wakanda for a very long time. It doesn't give Herc an edge at all.

This is why I said to read my last post more carefully, and judging by your response, you chose not to. Nothing in my last post is a comparison of Wakandans to Hercules. I'm pretty sure you know that. So, please, do try to keep up instead of attempting to build a strawman argument.

Anderson Silva has no wrestling background and he's defeated several fighters that have wrestling backgrounds (Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, and several others). So, no, what you just said isn't completely true. Wrestling isn't required for MMA, but what is required are defenses against it.

What you've trained in has no significance here, in my opinion. Hercules is a master of one style, while Black Panther is a master of several. Even then, it doesn't come down to what they know, but how skilled they are and how well they are trained. You're busy selling Black Panther short, thinking that he's going to fight under MMA rules or something with this isn't even an MMA fight. That said, T'Challa isn't going to fight based on Hercules' standards just because he knows and has mastered a fighting style that is the basis of MMA. The OP doesn't state that this is an MMA fight, so don't assume that it is just because the ring is round.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Panther.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock: I did read your post, I just don't think comparing those people to Herc is fair to Herc. Different style & different skill set than Herc.

I'll say this though, I think in the same setting in the scan you showed with the goon, BP would beat Herc, not as easily as the goon obviously.

As to Silva, he is a great fighter and i'm glad you brought him up. Sorry, I may not have been making this more clearer but Silva is a middleweight, which is what I see BP to be, dominating in a division that doesn't have very many good wrestlers. In the heavyweight its dominated by people with wrestling background which is what I see Herc to be. Would Silva be able to make that transition to the heavyweights fighting against people who are 40-60 lbs of more muscle than him when his ground game is almost non existent? Herc is drawn to be someone like a Brock Lesnar and BP is drawn to be someone like Silva in my opinion.

Again opinions vary but pankration gives Herc the advantage of being a masterful striker, with wrestling skills, take down moves. Basically Herc is the master at being able to fight as a striker with his hands & feet standing up like Silva or going to the ground for a submission hold unlike Silva who isn't very good at all at it. Silva again is a great fighter but his ground game sucks and going up against the heavyweights who outweighs him from anywhere to 40-60 lbs of muscle, having a weak ground game isn't something he can afford.

That is the difference I see between BP & Herc in this setting. I'm not saying BP isn't strong but Herc is shown to be a bigger and stronger man. I'm not saying BP isn't a great fighter but Herc in this setting, and in this setting alone should have more experience. I'm also not saying that just because Silva can't fight on the ground that it means BP can't either. Its just my opinion that Herc is the master at standing and ground game, has done this whole fighting in a circle bit longer than BP & BP's predecssor & has the strength to back him up. Thats just how i'm looking at this.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stronger

Black Panther wins

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock  Online

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: I did read your post, I just don't think comparing those people to Herc is fair to Herc. Different style & different skill set than Herc.

No, you didn't. This is what I mean by you reading, but not comprehending. Nowhere in my post was making comparisons. Go back and read it again if you want.

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: I'll say this though, I think in the same setting in the scan you showed with the goon, BP would beat Herc, not as easily as the goon obviously.

If you think Herc can win, that's fine, but the point of the scan was to show you that size is insignificant to T'Challa.

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: As to Silva, he is a great fighter and i'm glad you brought him up. Sorry, I may not have been making this more clearer but Silva is a middleweight, which is what I see BP to be, dominating in a division that doesn't have very many good wrestlers. In the heavyweight its dominated by people with wrestling background which is what I see Herc to be. Would Silva be able to make that transition to the heavyweights fighting against people who are 40-60 lbs of more muscle than him when his ground game is almost non existent? Herc is drawn to be someone like a Brock Lesnar and BP is drawn to be someone like Silva in my opinion.

Again opinions vary but pankration gives Herc the advantage of being a masterful striker, with wrestling skills, take down moves. Basically Herc is the master at being able to fight as a striker with his hands & feet standing up like Silva or going to the ground for a submission hold unlike Silva who isn't very good at all at it. Silva again is a great fighter but his ground game sucks and going up against the heavyweights who outweighs him from anywhere to 40-60 lbs of muscle, having a weak ground game isn't something he can afford.

I'm not going to argue on the basis of MMA with you because this isn't an MMA fight. I brought up Silva to disprove your assumption of needing a wrestling background in MMA. Everything else is irrelevant.

I disagree with you thinking that Silva's ground game sucks, because anyone who's actually watched his fights would think otherwise. Other than that, that's a debate for another day.

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: That is the difference I see between BP & Herc in this setting. I'm not saying BP isn't strong but Herc is shown to be a bigger and stronger man. I'm not saying BP isn't a great fighter but Herc in this setting, and in this setting alone should have more experience. I'm also not saying that just because Silva can't fight on the ground that it means BP can't either. Its just my opinion that Herc is the master at standing and ground game, has done this whole fighting in a circle bit longer than BP & BP's predecssor & has the strength to back him up. Thats just how i'm looking at this.

What I'm saying is that Hercules isn't shown to be the stronger man anymore, and his size means absolutely nothing. I'm also saying that, regardless of the setting (even though Black Panther has fought in that setting before), this isn't an MMA fight and you're making it out to be one because of Hercules' experience and fighting style. For all of Hercules' experience, he's done nothing T'Challa hasn't seen or wouldn't be ready for. At the same time, Hercules has done nothing impressive in his craft, and in most fights, he rarely, if ever, uses actual fighting skills nor does he display any feats in relevance to his skills.