-Morals on

-1 day of prep

-New 52 Batman and Deathstroke

-Standard 616 Black Panther & Taskmaster

Fight takes place inside a Mc Donalds:

Who wins?

#2 Posted by dondave (34224 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 Both Rounds

Either Black Panther or Taskmaster can beat Batman, but Deathstroke would take Taksmaster.

With Black Panther's new upgrades I'd say he could Stalemate or beat Deathstroke as he doesn't have many feats of skill.

#3 Posted by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams lose to Mc Donalds greasy food.

#4 Posted by comic_book_fan (5239 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: no they couldn't batman or deathstroke could beat either of them.

#5 Edited by dondave (34224 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by comic_book_fan (5239 posts) - - Show Bio

i was going by over all feats but i just realised it said new 52 batman which lacks the feat of the pre 52 version.

#7 Edited by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke gives team 2 the win. 52 Deathstroke goes HAM.

#8 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2 in both cases

#9 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to go with Team 1 for both rounds. Assuming this is Taskmaster at his prime, and not the jobbing whiny b*tch from Moon Knight.

Black Panther is a genius on the level of Tony Stark and Reed Richards - so giving him one day of preparation is pretty advantageous for Team 1 already. Added to that would be his access to Wakandan technology (the country is basically the most advanced society on 616 Earth) - one instance that comes to mind was when he developed a special room that was specifically designed to disorient Magneto, thus defeating him. He has shown to think tactically as well, such as his fight with Iron Man - which was incredible considering the amount of tricks BP had up his sleeve (it was one tactic after the other, each outsmarting Stark - a genius - until he was defeated). In terms of actual combat, with his King of the Dead upgrade BP is superhuman - and even before his upgrade has shown remarkable agility and fighting skills. He's been able to go toe-to-toe with Karnak, Cap, his predecessor, a Super-Skrull - and win all.

Aside from all that, the biggest advantage BP has is his technology. His anti-metal claws can penetrate Bruce's Kevlar and Deathstroke's Nth Metal. And neither Bruce's batarangs nor Deathstroke's blades would be able to penetrate BP's vibranium-laced suit for the most part. Even point-blank assault rifle rounds couldn't affect it. There's also the ridiculous amount of advanced gadgets that BP carries on his person - intangible energy daggers, force-fields, teleportation, knockout gas, cloaking et cetera. And while Batman has a moral barrier on, Team 1's members are more inclined to go straight to the brutal moves. While Panther has been shown to kill and willingly compromise his morals, Bats would definitely have a problem with Deathstroke's rampant killing.

As for Taskmaster, the man's obvious advantage is his photographic reflexes. He was able to replicate skills in minutes that took the fighter three years to master. He could just as easily replicate either Bats or Deathstroke - giving him all of Bats' 100+ fighting styles and all. And he has a reservoir of the best fighters in the MU stored in his mind - Captain America, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Deadpool etc. Much like pre-52 Deathstroke, he's a team buster who's gone up against the Avengers before - and he's taken down plenty of powerful fighters from Cap to Elektra (while blind) to even Cat (Shang-Chi's nemesis). The rest of his physical stats are also very impressive - he can replicate the speed of Spider-Man, is a bullet-timer, and has enough strength to bury a sword through Asgardian skin. I'd venture to say he can take either Batman or Deathstroke down. And with one day of prep, he has a bevy of weapons in his arsenal to choose from. Hell, maybe BP could arm him up with some heavy vibranium or anti-metal weapons.

Now I know Batman is part of the prep-master clan with Doom, but I don't think we've seen much in the way of preparation for New 52 Batman. The most impressive one I can think of would be his JL contingency plans, and even then, I don't think one day is enough to give him an advantage in comparison to BP. Deathstroke's enhanced physical stats and experience from years of ops would definitely come in useful, but given all the advantages above, I think Team 1 can surmount this. DS' Nth Metal armor's a little inconsistent though, since blades and bullets have been shown to penetrate it at times, and at others helicopter gun rounds couldn't. But given BP's anti-metal claws, I don't think it would be that much of a challenge. I'd also venture to say that Team 1 has more combined experience than Team 2.

Now, I don't think Team 1 would have an easy victory. But I would give the majority to Panther and Tasky. In summation, I think Black Panther's genius intellect, resources, Wakandan technology, fighting experience - as well as Taskmaster's photographic reflexes, collection of skills - and the overall better synergy of Team 1 would be able to top Batman's prep skills, HTH skills, gadgets as well as Deathstroke's enhanced stats, armor, and military experience.

#10 Edited by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Deathstroke can't be put down by team 1

#11 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Deathstroke ftw.

#12 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 win all.

#13 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@marksman said:

He can by taskmaster. It was revealed recently a skilled enough swords man can actually work around the Nth metal suit.

#14 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@marksman said:

He can by taskmaster. It was revealed recently a skilled enough swords man can actually work around the Nth metal suit.

Is that the one against his uncle or some such?

#15 Edited by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@jashro44 said:

@marksman said:

Is that the one against his uncle or some such?

He was fighting the leader of a ninja clan. Its issue 17 of his ongoing.

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44

Oh alright, I haven't kept up with his ongoing. Either way, either BP's anti-metal claws or intangible energy daggers could bypass DS' armor.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: That's true. All though I don't think he currently has them. Then again the OP does say standard version so that could mean pre doom war black panther.

#18 Posted by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Edited by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#20 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@marksman said:

We're talking about Deathstroke. He's a top-notch warrior, Taskmaster's gonna have a REAL hard time getting through his armor.

It's a good fight and I think both teams have a good chance of winning this.

#21 Posted by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#22 Edited by Juiceboks (7743 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with team 1 for both scenarios. Bats and Slade are gonna be hardpressed to penetrate T'Challa's suit and Tasky has the skill to hold his own with either of them for a while. IMO BP has more to offer when it comes to prep. His whole country is one of/ the most advanced nation on Marvel Earth and he's confirmed one of the smartest guys right up there with Doom and Richards.

#23 Posted by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by Funsiized (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

im leaning towards Team 2 due to Deathstroke for round one, and Batman prep for round 2.

#26 Posted by dondave (34224 posts) - - Show Bio

im leaning towards Team 2 due to Deathstroke for round one, and Batman prep for round 2.

Prep doesn't really change anything. Black Panther is also a prep master and he could just provide himself and Taskmaster with suits that could briefly fight Nmaor

#27 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

taskmaster would brain hemorrhage and panther would be left by himself and lose

#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (38498 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#29 Posted by Funsiized (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Hmm, oh yeah?! Then Insider suits for everyone!

#30 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther with a day of prep could potentially solo imo

#32 Edited by Doomnaut (1991 posts) - - Show Bio