User Lists: 10

Stops at 8 imo

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@jashro44: Does current BP have the energy dagger or the anti-metal claws?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Potential to stop at 6, stops at 8

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44: Does current BP have the energy dagger or the anti-metal claws?

Yea. He has claws of some kind but I guess if you want to get technical they haven't been stated to be anti-metal. He has energy daggers though. He also has gauntlets and grenades which can hurt namor.

He should beat scorpion.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44: Alrighty, then I could see him possibly stopping between 7 and 8, leaning more towards 8, but Norman is no joke, though teleporting tech will make it hard for Norman to keep things at range. I'll stick with 8 until convinced otherwise.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Lizard

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yeah, while I was typing that, I kind of talked my way into that conclusion=)

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Panther can possibly clear. If he borrows a vibranium suit from his sister Shuri (who, as far as I know still has one) he can DEFINITELY clear. He sniffs out Chameleon no matter HOW he disguises himself and KO'S him, energy daggers or guantlets Tombstone (while easily avoiding his every blow due to T'challa's meta human speed), blows through Vulture (as he did the late, simillarly powered Wind Eagle), out speeds and KO's or guantlets Shocker, uses his (now King Of The Dead increased) meta human strength, speed, and trained since childhood combat acumen to take out Kraven, uses those aforementioned attributes plus gear to defeat Scorpion, ultimately out battles and out techs Goblin, uses the same combination of ruthlessness, meta human speed, strength, and combat acumen that he used to defeat the likes of mutant white gorillas, alien werewolves, and the Super Skrull to overcome the Lizard, and out techs (and borrows a vibranium suit) to go through Electro and clear the guantlet.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: There is no prep, and he is only allowed standard gear per the OP, so no vibranium suit.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Potential to stop at Kraven if Kraven is on his a-game if not then Lizard may be to much for him.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Lizard for sure. If he gets past Lizard he should clear. Norman is going to be a handful, but I think BPs teleporter (assuming he has it here) is the perfect counter for it.

Connors is going to take him apart in a great fight though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stops at Green Goblin

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pobably 7 or 8.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lizard murders him. He stops there.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: @wyldsong: @stormdriven: Wyldsong, if it is indeed true he gets no access to a vibranium suit, at the very least he can assure Electro can't get to him via his forcefield and/or teleportation (and can possibly battlefield remove the villian in the latter manner). Stormdriven and Granitesoldier, as he has battled evenly (and eventually snapped the neck of) an alien, super strong werewolf, brutally took down a super skrull that, among many attributes had the Iron Fist of Danny Rand, the fighting skills of Shang Chi and T'challla himself and the durability of Luke Cage, AND a SUPER POWERED team, The Supremacists (even though he was temporarily blocked from the enhancements of the heart shaped herb at the time)---then he can CERTAINLY withstand any attempt by the Lizard to "murder" him. The Panther can legitimately clear.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wyldsong

@theonewhoknows: Here's the thing, your belief is your belief in this, and I will not disrespect nor fault you for it, but I think you are going to be in the minority on this one. I don't see the Panther clearing this, and there are at least 1 or 2 people on here that have commented whose Panther knowledge I trust implicitly that believe the same as I.

His skill and stats allow him to keep up with some heavy hitters, but Lizard's stats blow even Spider-Man's out of the water (post WoTS training even). He stops at Lizard.

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Horus_1

@thor_parker82:

I thought Osborn lost the Goblin serum after Superior Spider Man. In that instance wouldn't he just be beating up an average genius level guy. I mean Norman isn't skilled in anytype of fighting that I'm aware of except brawling.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: @theonewhoknows: Agreed Wyld on all accounts. No one is discrediting Panther, in fact I often go to bat for him in battles, but just because he's beaten one guy doesn't mean he can beat another. By that logic he should beat the entire FF 4v1...

His force fields have been broken by standard gunfire or energy blasts, and Lizard is fast enough to outpace Peter's spider-sense. Even if he had vibranium Lizard's main attack is slashing, so the suit would get cut. Connors has taken a spike through the head and recovered in a panel to keep fighting. I never said Panther gets stomped, I said Lizard will take him apart after a great fight.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@horus_1: Honestly I don´t remember, but I don´t think he lost the goblin serum, I am pretty sure he still has it.

Besides, I´m sure the OP is using standard Green Goblin.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@horus_1 said:

@thor_parker82:

I thought Osborn lost the Goblin serum after Superior Spider Man. In that instance wouldn't he just be beating up an average genius level guy. I mean Norman isn't skilled in anytype of fighting that I'm aware of except brawling.

He did lose the serum, but I think everyone is playing under the assumption that this Goblin w/formula.

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it, not trying to cause waves. I just thought they were all current.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wyldsong

@horus_1 said:

Got it, not trying to cause waves. I just thought they were all current.

No worries my friend. I understand=)

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: @theonewhoknows: Agreed Wyld on all accounts. No one is discrediting Panther, in fact I often go to bat for him in battles, but just because he's beaten one guy doesn't mean he can beat another. By that logic he should beat the entire FF 4v1...

His force fields have been broken by standard gunfire or energy blasts, and Lizard is fast enough to outpace Peter's spider-sense. Even if he had vibranium Lizard's main attack is slashing, so the suit would get cut. Connors has taken a spike through the head and recovered in a panel to keep fighting. I never said Panther gets stomped, I said Lizard will take him apart after a great fight.

Agreed on all accounts. I have gone to bat a few times for Panther, and highly, highly respect him.

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong:

Didn't he beat the FF in one of his earlier appearences though?

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Lizard.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@horus_1 said:

@wyldsong:

Didn't he beat the FF in one of his earlier appearences though?

Back in an appearance in like the 60s, he fought them to a standstill in his own territory, but that is a far cry from him facing the FF today with just standard gear and no prep. FF have grown in power since the 60s=)

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking it stops at Lizard. Lizard is a beast.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8, 9 or clears imo.

L. D.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 9.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Clears. If he's got his vibranium suit on then Electro can't hurt him.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RenaissanceMan

Gun fire hasn't gotten through his force field. I'm aware of the incident you're referring to. Those were energy weapons that turned its target into ash. Bullets don't do that.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Gizmorino

Electro or clears

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@wyldsong: go ahead and add 3 BP "experts" (though i hardly consider myself on the same lvl as Jash) that agree with you here

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see him having problems with Goblin, and not getting past Lizard.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@wyldsong: go ahead and add 3 BP "experts" (though i hardly consider myself on the same lvl as Jash) that agree with you here

And you are added=)

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Panther can possibly clear. If he borrows a vibranium suit from his sister Shuri (who, as far as I know still has one) he can DEFINITELY clear. He sniffs out Chameleon no matter HOW he disguises himself and KO'S him, energy daggers or guantlets Tombstone (while easily avoiding his every blow due to T'challa's meta human speed), blows through Vulture (as he did the late, simillarly powered Wind Eagle), out speeds and KO's or guantlets Shocker, uses his (now King Of The Dead increased) meta human strength, speed, and trained since childhood combat acumen to take out Kraven, uses those aforementioned attributes plus gear to defeat Scorpion, ultimately out battles and out techs Goblin, uses the same combination of ruthlessness, meta human speed, strength, and combat acumen that he used to defeat the likes of mutant white gorillas, alien werewolves, and the Super Skrull to overcome the Lizard, and out techs (and borrows a vibranium suit) to go through Electro and clear the guantlet.

I agree, I can see him clearing.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He makes it to Goblin, at least.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock

@granitesoldier said:

His force fields have been broken by standard gunfire or energy blasts

Those were definitely energy blasts of some sort (they possessed high-tech weapons at least). Plus, the shield broke toward the edge on the left because most of the shots were placed on that side. However, the shield later deflected multiple bombs thrown in his direction and it also blocked Proxima Midnight's energy lance, which was powerful enough to stagger Captain Marvel and Hyperion.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 8

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Ah thanks for the info. He may have less problems with Norman then, but that one is still a good debate I feel.

I still don't see him passing Curt, but I'd love to see it paneled out.

The rest of the roster shouldn't honestly pose too much issue.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: @kokemabb200: @granitesoldier: @wyldsong: Wyldsong, if I am confident I am correct, the prospect that I am "going to be in the minority" doesn't bother me in the least. What a majority believes isn't always so. After all, a majority of teen age girls believes Justin Beiber is FAR more talented than Stevie Wonder and The Beatles; a majority of tea party republicans believe that our current President was not born in the United States; and for quite a while, a majority believed that the Earth is flat, women were little more than chattle, and slavery was perfectly okay (in fact, many people STILL believe the last two notions). That is why what a majority thinks should not be used as the "end all, be all" indicator of what is or is not correct. And GraniteSoldier, the Panther has ALREADY "beat the FF 4v1" (and defeated ANOTHER team with SUPER POWERS, the Supremacists, even though he was temporarily blocked from the enhancements of the heart shaped herb). So bringing up the Fantastic Four proves my point!

Now, as far as the Lizard goes, T'challa has too many attributes at his disposal (since-childhood-combat-training, meta human speed and strength, incredible tech) for the reptile to "murder" or even "take him apart". Such is the Panther's speed that he has made the likes of Captain America, Beast, and Wolverine not just miss, but BADLY miss him on several occasions; starting from WAY BEHIND, shocked Sabertooth by chasing, catching up to, and appearing in front of the mutant; and avoiding and tagging Spider-Man on more than one occasion (in fact there is evidence that T'challa is FASTER than Spider-Man! In Marvel Team-Up issue 20, the two heroes squared off against an opponent named Stegron, a man/dinosaur hybrid that sported an inhumanly fast tail. Despite having previous experience facing this creature, Spider-Man was batted around at will the entire issue by Stegron; even though at one point Parker webbed down the villian's tail, he was fast enough to break free and STILL strike Spider-Man, knocking him out and off a huge height, where he would have become street pizza if not for being saved by T'challa. The Panther, however, even though he had not ever faced Stegron, was not touched even ONCE by this bizzare opponent; the first time Stegron swung his tail at Panther and missed, he exclaimed "Impossible! Nothing that LIVES can avoid my flashing tail!" To which T'challa, as he punched his foe in the face replied "Sorry to make a LIAR out of you, dinosaur man---but the BLACK PANTHER CAN!") And this was quite a while before the King Of The Dead added enhancement, so there is ample evidence that Panther can stay out of the Lizard's clutches.

The once and future Wakandan King has also defeated opponents with body toughness FAR superior to the Lizard, including the afore mentioned Super skrull with Luke Cage's durability, Luke Cage HIMSELF (by using nerve strikes) and Thanos' top Black Order general, the massive Black Dwarf who had incredible stamina, invulnerability, and super strength. After dealing with the likes of them-although this in no way detracts from how formidable this long time Spider-Man foe is-the Lizard might be something of a relief.

And finally, if it comes down to it, T'challa's tech will pull out a win for him. Static Shock and RenaissanceMan dealt with the fallacy of the claim that the force field is so weak it can be pierced by bullets before I could; so bottom line, if it is implemented the Lizard will NOT be getting through it. And speaking of force fields, Panther's energy daggers have proven potent enough to go through one-therefore they will go through the Lizard with no problem. So, there can be no doubt---the Panther does INDEED have the right stuff to defeat the Lizard. Kokemabb200, glad you concur with my points. Oh, and all of this is not to say that the Lizard is not a lethal threat, or that he is some kind of punk---it is that T'challa is JUST THAT GOOD.

Translation: When going through the Spider-man villian guantlet---BLACK PANTHER WINS.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TBEMrMcCoy
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers