Batman and stops there.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By robertloucksjr

Stops at Namor. Assuming it is the current amped BP, I think he could take Joker and Batman consistently, and a minority against Spidey and Pym. Iron Man/Hulk/Dr. Strange kick his ass easily.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hksaru

Namor is very powerful, but BP would certainly out think him for the win.

Question, does BP get prep time to learn about Joker and vice versa, or does he just get like, a joker card as a clue. Lol, I think he could take it regardless.

Might get stopped at Spidey. BP probably takes like 6/10 imo.

I think he would fair better against Hank Pym than against Spidey, but still has a chance to bite the dust.

If him and Batman get knowledge of each other they might just resort to taking it to a martial arts match, which would be a great, if not I'd give BP the advantage.

Like the last 3, BP probably takes 5-6/10 imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Banner might just take the prep time as a vacation and wish for BP to win the match. If he's dedicated to win I dunno what he could really prep for, maybe get some armor and weapons or something and break down all the buildings in New York beforehand so BP can't prep anything in them. If it's the former BP probably takes him down, if Banner is dedicated to winning Hulk is probably going to show up in a state one should not fuck around with.

Not sure about Strange's current powers but I would give BP 2-3/10 regardless. Magic ftw; though BP is quite masterful himself.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Batman242 said:

Batman and stops there.

@robertloucksjr said:

Stops at Namor. Assuming it is the current amped BP, I think he could take Joker and Batman consistently, and a minority against Spidey and Pym. Iron Man/Hulk/Dr. Strange kick his ass easily.

Iron Man prepped specifically for a fight with BP and lost. Saying Iron Man takes him easily needs some sort of reasoning behind it.

No Caption Provided
Tem Borjigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Tem Borjigin

Eh, not really. First off, there were two Panthers, one of which was a mind-reader from the future. The future Panther knocked out present Panther and then beat a mind-controlled Iron Man who still was holding back despite being mind-controlled. Applying his "win" to present Panther over a non-mind-controlled Iron Man is dubious at best.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ToO_RaW

@jashro44 said:

1. Namor
  2. Joker
  3. Spider-Man (peter parker)
  4. Hank Pym
  5. Batman
  6. Iron Man
  7. Hulk (gets to prep as Banner)
  8. Doctor Strange

How far does black panther make it?

I would switch Hank Pym and Ironman and say he gets to Pym after reallllllly struggling with Batman and Tony. He may beat Pym too. If he does I think he clears it. Unless that's classic strange in which he rapes BP.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ChaosBlazer

wouldn't win by much against iron man or batman, if he wins at all. If Peter had more resources he could pose a larger threat, but as of now he doesn't. Hank also poses a problem with his robot-building skills but I think T'Challa can take that round too. I just don't know what he can do to take out a Hulk that has been prepped by Banner.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jashro44

@ToO_RaW: After round 3 the order was chosen some what randomly. I think anyone after 3 is arguable better then the other.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ToO_RaW

@jashro44 said:

@ToO_RaW: After round 3 the order was chosen some what randomly. I think anyone after 3 is arguable better then the other.

I completely agree. To be honest I'm think I'm being generous and giving BP the benefit of the doubt because he is terribly under rated and unappreciated when it comes to prep.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@ToO_RaW said:

@jashro44 said:

I completely agree. To be honest I'm think I'm being generous and giving BP the benefit of the doubt because he is terribly under rated and unappreciated when it comes to prep.

I agree with that 100%.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

Stops at 2. Joker gas ends him.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@jashro44:

4 to 7 is hard to argue with...they are almost equal in intellects...but considering the fact that Tony has amped up intellectually, I think he can stops BP...maybe Batman and Hank does too...

Tony => BP

BP => Batman and Banner and Pym

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jackofspades

black panther clears it

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jashro44

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@jashro44:

4 to 7 is hard to argue with...they are almost equal in intellects...but considering the fact that Tony has amped up intellectually, I think he can stops BP...maybe Batman and Hank does too...

Tony => BP

The intellectual amp is a pretty good point. Admittedly I didn't consider that when I made this. That could put Tony ahead of T'challa.

@Joygirl said:

Black panther had made chemical air filters before.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ToO_RaW

@jashro44 said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@jashro44:

Tony => BP

The intellectual amp is a pretty good point. Admittedly I didn't consider that when I made this. That could put Tony ahead of T'challa.

It put Tony right behind Reed IIRC. Forgot about that too. I tend to concentrate more on the villains when I read. lol.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Tem Borjigin said:

Eh, not really. First off, there were two Panthers, one of which was a mind-reader from the future. The future Panther knocked out present Panther and then beat a mind-controlled Iron Man who still was holding back despite being mind-controlled. Applying his "win" to present Panther over a non-mind-controlled Iron Man is dubious at best.

Now, I haven't read the whole story in a while, but from what I recall the conditions of their fight and the conditions of this one make crediting the win less dubious. There were two panthers and the one that was fighting wasn't "T'Challa", but the plan that Panther was fighting with was T'Challa's, and that the future Panther could pull it off despite being older and experiencing unbearable pain because of what was killing him suggests to me that T'Challa could carry out his own plan at least as well. Seeing as this is primarily a planning competition, whether or not T'Challa actually implemented his own plan or another version of him did seems immaterial to me anyway. Iron Man being mind controlled made him fight Panther, but wasn't stated to impair his ability in any way, so mentioning he was mind controlled doesn't negate his loss. He was willing to fight Panther when maybe he wouldn't have otherwise, but it's not like he was someone's puppet. He was still fighting for himself. And holding back or no, he still had a suit tailored for taking down Black Panther but despite that (and despite Panther's own physical limits), Panther's plan proved superior. And further, when it comes to Iron Man holding back, that's just who he is. They're good guys and Iron Man isn't as ruthless as Panther is. This fight has them both fighting in character, so an unwillingness to go all out on a friend will still limit Iron Man (if it did at all, I mean, killing isn't the only way to win so holding back from that shouldn't be the only thing preventing victory). In the end though, each character had a plan to take down the other, and Panther's proved superior. Even if this isn't utterly convincing, it's still more than was provided to support Iron Man "easily kicking Black Panther's ass".

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joygirl

@jashro44: If he knows that's what he is going up against. OP says nothing about opponent knowledge. Joker with a year of prep (less, actually) is a JLA threat. He will orchestrate something that will bring Panther down hard.

Thick Hamill Joker voice "A man? Just a MAN? HAHAH! Easy! Harley, can you hand me the Smilex? Think I have a bit of time to relax before this one, ahahahHahhahahhaHAHHAHAHAHHA, I LOVE IT!"

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@Joygirl:Part of prep is research. Black panther can research the joker with one year. Joker knows as little about black panther as panther knows about joker as well.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Joygirl said:

@jashro44: If he knows that's what he is going up against. OP says nothing about opponent knowledge. Joker with a year of prep (less, actually) is a JLA threat. He will orchestrate something that will bring Panther down hard.

IIRC an oxygen breathing apparatus is standard equipment for BP's suit.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Joygirl

@ToO_RaW: @jashro44: Then if Panther gets to know Joker's standard stuff and can study him, vice-versa works as well. I just don't see Panther taking it against someone like Joker... then again I am no Panther expert. But when Joker escapes street-level titles and starts dealing with people like Superman he can do some glorious stuff.

Back me up here.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Joygirl said:

@ToO_RaW: @jashro44: Then if Panther gets to know Joker's standard stuff and can study him, vice-versa works as well. I just don't see Panther taking it against someone like Joker... then again I am no Panther expert. But when Joker escapes street-level titles and starts dealing with people like Superman he can do some glorious stuff.

lol. What I meant was, Black Panther's suit comes standard with an oxygen mask for underwater breathing, etc. He doesn't have to know what Joker is planning.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joygirl

@ToO_RaW: Ah I was kinda goin' at both of ya.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@Joygirl: Here are some black panther prep/tactical feats if you want to take a look. I am not really debating as this is my own thread I was just disagreeing with gas.

Black panther has a plan in order to deal with galactus which he used on the silver surfer. Its important to note that black panther stole the plans from doom.

Black panther beats mephisto.

Defeats doctor doom who was powered up with vibranium and magic

Black panther vs iron man. Both had prep on the other.

Black panther bests kingpin in tactics. Keep in mind black panther normally has a lot more resources then this. He could have taken everything away from kingpin....

Some tech that black panther came up with in hells kitchen. Also On the 1 scan falcon states it took black panther 10 minutes to make a device to shut off typhoid marys powers...

Black panther determines this skrull has tells and reads his body language

Black panther "blocks storms punch"

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joygirl

Mmm I'd try getting deeper into a Panther vs. Joker debate but I don't know either character quite well enough (I obviously know Joker better, but only a few of his higher-end feats. Jokergeist is the man for this job).

There is always the Emperor Joker thing though. Granted, he had an opportunity and seized it, but there was still skill involved.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@ToO_RaW said:

@jashro44 said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@jashro44:

Tony => BP

It put Tony right behind Reed IIRC. Forgot about that too. I tend to concentrate more on the villains when I read. lol.

Yes, in fact, Reed said Tony surpassed him already..."IIRC"

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Joygirl said:

Wow I was actually going to write that.

@ToO_RaW said:

@Joygirl said:

He could inject it, slip it into food or water and so on with a trigger chemical used during the actual fight. A year of prep is a lot of time when all you have to do is kill one person. Look what he did to Gotham when he thought he was dying that one time. It didn't take him a year to come up with that. Prep battles are impossible to really gauge because we aren't as smart as these characters and have no idea what they would do with the allotted time.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Joygirl

@Pokeysteve said:

@Joygirl said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@Joygirl said:

He could inject it, slip it into food or water and so on with a trigger chemical used during the actual fight. A year of prep is a lot of time when all you have to do is kill one person. Look what he did to Gotham when he thought he was dying that one time. It didn't take him a year to come up with that. Prep battles are impossible to really gauge because we aren't as smart as these characters and have no idea what they would do with the allotted time.

True. it is lethal in any form and we all know he can easily adapt it. He could set up an endless carnival that is, essentially, the Tomb of Horrors within a year. Every single step can be a trap, and every single trap could include the "instantaneous lethality" clause.

As long as he isn't nuking Wakandia.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Joygirl said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Joygirl said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@Joygirl said:

True. it is lethal in any form and we all know he can easily adapt it. He could set up an endless carnival that is, essentially, the Tomb of Horrors within a year. Every single step can be a trap, and every single trap could include the "instantaneous lethality" clause.

Are you all serious about this?comparing BP and Joker? BP has dealt with far greater threats, he has a Galactus contingency plan, but later used on SS...and it worked. You might compare BP with Batman, but BP is not like Batman, he is more ruthless, and he will not hesitate to kill Joker once he got the chance.

Like those scans

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

Black panther has a plan in order to deal with galactus which he used on the silver surfer. Its important to note that black panther stole the plans from doom.

Black Panther's plans for Galactus are from Priest's run and him and Surfer happened under Hudlin years later. It seems you've mixed up some details and conflated two different displays. Unless I missed something (and please correct me if I did), Black Panther did not use stolen Doom plans for galactus against Surfer. His plans weren't stolen from Doom, and he didn't use those plans (stolen or not) on Surfer. He used technology based on Doom's to drain Surfer. That's not the same as him using his Galactus plans on Surfer or using stolen Doom tech on Surfer. Iron Man gave himself tech enhancements based on the spider sense. It's not the same as him stealing the spider sense. Kang has armor based on Doom's. It's not the same as him stealing Doom's armor.

@GodDamnIronMan said:

BP has handled Memphisto, who is about Skyfather -level...(although I am sure it's a PIS...but who cares, Joker has better Plot device). A more debatable match would be Kingpin vs Joker.

I don't see why it would be PIS (and I don't see why you'd reference something you didn't properly check out first). According to the issue, Mephisto's power comes from his realm (which is why he's "unstoppable" there but limited on Earth) and T'Challa had the connection to that power cut off so Mephisto was briefly depowered for the heart-ripping part of the feat, and he beat him more fully by tricking him into trying to take the pure souls bound to the panther god and he couldn't because there were too many of them and they were too powerful and threatened to devour him instead of the other way around so he had to stop.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By New_World_Order

Stops at Stark or Namor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jashro44

@Buckshot: I suppose him basing it on dooms tech instead of stealing it was a mix up on my part. I know the galactus showing was from years prior in priests run but I assumed that the showing with silver surfer was just black panther using what he had planned for galactus against silver surfer.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rpottage

Either Joker, or Batman.

If Joker is actually prepping and going all out on a plan then the Joker beats him; but typically the Joker doesn't really like such long drawn out plans.

And Batman would simply out prep Black Panther.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokeysteve

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Joygirl said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Joygirl said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@Joygirl said:

Are you all serious about this?comparing BP and Joker? BP has dealt with far greater threats, he has a Galactus contingency plan, but later used on SS...and it worked. You might compare BP with Batman, but BP is not like Batman, he is more ruthless, and he will not hesitate to kill Joker once he got the chance.

Like those scans

Doesn't a contingency plan for Galactus seem ridiculous to you? Seriously. It's like Batman being prepared for the Anti-Monitor. If half of that is legit than it puts BP way above everyone else and this would have been locked. It all comes down to information here and like Joygirl said, there is nothing in the OP about knowledge of one another. Since this is a battle and not an actual story we have to assume Joker doesn't want to use Panther as another play thing and is really out to kill him till he's dead.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By clemj

stops at bats, I don't see him beating iron man

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Pokeysteve said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Joygirl said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Joygirl said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@Joygirl said:

Like those scans

Doesn't a contingency plan for Galactus seem ridiculous to you? Seriously. It's like Batman being prepared for the Anti-Monitor. If half of that is legit than it puts BP way above everyone else and this would have been locked. It all comes down to information here and like Joygirl said, there is nothing in the OP about knowledge of one another. Since this is a battle and not an actual story we have to assume Joker doesn't want to use Panther as another play thing and is really out to kill him till he's dead.

Not ridiculous at all. Batman has a contingency plan for Superman. This is a clear indication that BP just thinks bigger and plans for more drastic measures.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Decoy Elite

Banner might be able to do it, heard he was quite a problem when he was depowered.

If Strange is closer to his classic stuff he should be able to do it, but if we're going with the kind of crap he pulled in WWH then he's pretty much doomed.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By Pyrogram

@Joygirl said:

Thick Hamill Joker voice "A man? Just a MAN? HAHAH! Easy! Harley, can you hand me the Smilex? Think I have a bit of time to relax before this one, ahahahHahhahahhaHAHHAHAHAHHA, I LOVE IT!"

Is joker with prep seriously a JLA threat 0_0

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

Black Panther clears it

cborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cborg
No Caption Provided

I'd say definitely beats Namor and Joker, Probably beats Pym and Bats, might beat Spidey, Probably not ShellHead and Strange, Definitley not Hulk/banner. I used to love BP and Bats but the feats they've been racking up are turning them into walking bricks, like Superman was the flying brick. Supes unbeatability is why everyone says Supes is so boring that they needed crisis to make people care about him again. I mean a galactus plan? It took the strongest Marvel heroes or Thanos himself just to knock him down not even beat him. If BP can do it alone, the Marvel Universe should secede the earth to him as the ruler cause he can take universe level threats like Thanos and Galactus

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'm thinking he can clear it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shawnbaby

Wow...BP is getting really undervalued here by people that don't seem to know anything at all about him.

So many people just put their fingers in their ears and just repeat "NO ONE CAN BEAT BATMAN WITH PREP" over and over again until they pass out.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By e3zombie

Why is deathstroke not before iron man?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BringnIt

Some of the rounds could go either way, but I don't think he has a shot against a Banner-prepped Hulk.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jashro44

@e3zombie said:

Why is deathstroke not before iron man?

I didn't include him. I forgot.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shawnbaby I totally agree. I say this as a huge Batman fan, Batman with prep is overated on this site. Now when I say that I don't mean he isnt great with prep just that there are others who are greater than him or at least on par with him. With that said I honestly think Black Panther is superior to Bats in prep an in H2H.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Stronger

Either Batman or Iron Man take him

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Batman is not beating Black Panther especially if Black Panther has his Vibranium suit, Panther herbs and prep time...

Black Panthers resources>Batman's...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pokeysteve

@ToO_RaW said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Not ridiculous at all. Batman has a contingency plan for Superman. This is a clear indication that BP just thinks bigger and plans for more drastic measures.

Are you comparing Superman with the Anti-Monitor lol

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darkelf35

I dont see how he would get past hulk even with prep..just look what hulk did to everyone even when they had prep