Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Temudjin
No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Current versions, both in character and at their best
  • One hour of prep time and access to all equipment and gear (see below for starting equipment)
  • Black Panther does not know Doctor Octopus is Spider-Man
  • While Sp-Ock is aware Black Panther's King of the Dead, he doesn't know his precise enhancements
  • Win by death or incapacitation

Starting Equipment

Black Panther

• Vibranium-weave armor and standard built-in enhancements (including stealth/cloaking field)
  • 12 x Energy daggers
  • Vibranium spear
  • Anti-metal claws

Spider-Man

• Armor plating for vital areas as installed by Otto, including shock generation mechanism
  • Enhanced web-shooters
  • Spider-claws
  • Two pairs of extra robotic arms

Concrete Jungle, baby!
Concrete Jungle, baby!

EDIT: Changed the rules a bit, specifically allowing full access to equipment in combination with prep.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Temudjin

Ah.

Is that an "Ah. This has been done." or "Ah. This is one sided." or "Ah. I don't know."?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geno: this is tough lol but I'd think that T'Challa has the upper hand.. I could be wrong though

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CheeseSticks

From what i've seen of prep from Superior S-M, i think he takes it. With prep, he destroyed everyone he faced.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Spider takes it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine008

Superior Spider-Man wins this since your using KOTD Black Panther. Pre King of the Dead would have taken the majority.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Black Panther wins this.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

SpOck, while exceedingly ruthless, has been shown to ignore that all important spider-sense from time to time, and isn't as proficient with it's use as Pete (and SpOck doesn't have that nifty WOTS training). The prep in the end means nothing if the equipment is limited to a few select things. SpOck has dominated others with his prep because of his tech and equipment. If the equipment restriction were removed, I'd be more inclined to go with SpOck, but with the restrictions as is, I'd favor BP for a slight majority.

BP's gear in this setup is superior to SpOck's (no pun intended), and SpOck (so far) is less likely to go for the incapacitation via webbing (not to say he hasn't done it, but with someone he is intent on taking down, it usually doesn't happen). Vibranium suit with energy daggers, anti-metal claws...BP is going to be hard to damage, and can pretty much bypass any armor plating.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By laflux

Black Panther wins this.

I would agree seeing as he has his Vibranuim suit

@jashro44 thoughts :P

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By OreoAssassin

@geno: What can they do with the prep time?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Black Panther wins this.

if he has the teleporter then incapacitation isn't really an option. Ottos only way to win is by slashing along the grain.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geno: What can they do with the prep time?

Not much if the equipment is being limited.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wyldsong

@jashro44 said:

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Black Panther wins this.

if he has the teleporter then incapacitation isn't really an option. Ottos only way to win is by slashing along the grain.

Teleporter wasn't listed, but incapacitation via webbing isn't really Ottos style (not to say he hasn't done it before, but it is fairly rare).

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Temudjin

@wyldsong: Prep time is so they could analyze their opponents and devise a battle plan. Would it be a more interesting match if they both had full access to their repertoire of gadgets? I was worried it wouldn't be fair one way or the other, but if it works then by all means debate away and I can edit the OP.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wyldsong

@geno said:

@wyldsong: analyze their opponents and devise a battle plan. Would it be a more interesting match if they both had full access to their repertoire of gadgets? I was worried it wouldn't be fair one way or the other, but if it works then by all means debate away and I can edit the OP.

Up to you my friend. I would say that allowing each access to their full repertoire of gear/gadgets would probably make for a better battle. An hour of analysis, while alright, doesn't hold as much impact if you have two prep masters who can't access their toys. I just wouldn't allow any of their outside minions (like SpOck's little spider patrol crew and such).

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther's superior skill and edge in tactical and stealthy smarts should give him the win here, despite the armour and Spidey physically outclassing him.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Well, you've convinced me - OP has been edited. Let the urban destruction commence!

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with Spider on this one.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RenaissanceMan

Black Panther

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Panther.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44 said:

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Black Panther wins this.

Teleporter wasn't listed, but incapacitation via webbing isn't really Ottos style (not to say he hasn't done it before, but it is fairly rare).

Yea but the OP says built in enhancements. I wasn't really quite clear on if he just meant the cloaking device or the force field and teleporter as well.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@wyldsong said:

@jashro44 said:

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Black Panther wins this.

Yea but the OP says built in enhancements. I wasn't really quite clear on if he just meant the cloaking device or the force field and teleporter as well.

I assumed he just meant the cloaking device, but now that I reread it, I see what you mean=)

Ah well, OPs been changed up a bit, so it is moot now=)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

I assumed he just meant the cloaking device, but now that I reread it, I see what you mean=)

True. I still give this to T'challa though. Otto is pretty arrogant and I think Black Panther does have better tactical feats. I don't know if I see Otto showing up with those giant spider-robots he used to raid shadow land for example.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Black Panther's showing against the Black Dwarf was in any indication, he's been upgraded more than originally assumed. He's likely the better tactician, too. I'll favor T'Challa.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Heh, yeah, if BP believes that he'd need the teleporter to beat Spider-Man, then he'll have it.

@bringnit: He beat Black Dwarf off panel, which leaves much to the imagination.Given that Black Dwarf confessed he couldn't land a punch on T'Challa, I was under the impression he was picked apart due to the latter's agility and vibranium weapons (particularly since T'Challa admitted he broke his hand - and if he wasn't hit by Black Dwarf, it must have been from hitting him). I'm sure Spider-Man would have done something similar, and it's usually how he deals with 'tanks' like Hulk or Juggernaut.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geno said:

@wyldsong: Heh, yeah, if BP believes that he'd need the teleporter to beat Spider-Man, then he'll have it.

@bringnit: He beat Black Dwarf off panel, which leaves much to the imagination.Given that Black Dwarf confessed he couldn't land a punch on T'Challa, I was under the impression he was picked apart due to the latter's agility and vibranium weapons (particularly since T'Challa admitted he broke his hand - and if he wasn't hit by Black Dwarf, it must have been from hitting him). I'm sure Spider-Man would have done something similar, and it's usually how he deals with 'tanks' like Hulk or Juggernaut.

That's true, but Black Dwarf had little issues taking it to Black Widow and Shang Chi simultaneously. SpOck isn't as skilled of a combatant in Peter, both in that he has less training and that he isn't as in tune with the utilization of his spider sense. The combination of T'Challa's vastly superior skills, enhanced physicals and gear provided here makes me think he'd beat Superior in straight combat. Being the less flawed planner gives him a further edge.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@wyldsong said:

True. I still give this to T'challa though. Otto is pretty arrogant and I think Black Panther does have better tactical feats. I don't know if I see Otto showing up with those giant spider-robots he used to raid shadow land for example.

While I think an argument could be made, I don't entirely disagree with you, and I don't like SpOck enough to try and defend him here=)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This would make a pretty decent CaV.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

I honestly don't know. Theres too many variables to consider.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit said:

That's true, but Black Dwarf had little issues taking it to Black Widow and Shang Chi simultaneously. SpOck isn't as skilled of a combatant in Peter, both in that he has less training and that he isn't as in tune with the utilization of his spider sense. The combination of T'Challa's vastly superior skills, enhanced physicals and gear provided here makes me think he'd beat Superior in straight combat. Being the less flawed planner gives him a further edge.

T'Challa decisively beat Black Dwarf in a duel when he had all of his gear and the latter was fighting empty handed. When Black Dwarf "beat" Shang-Chi and Black Widow, he was armed with that energy projecting mace and had a task-force with him, while the other two were minimally equipped for a stealth mission. Not to say it wasn't an impressive feat for T'Challa, given Black Dwarf only fell after four powerhouses teamed up against (and blindsided) him, but I feel like we've seen Spider-Man take on similar or tougher foes.

Also, I was under the impression Sp-Ock has all of Peter's combat skills and experience, lacking only certain memories which Otto opted to purge?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jashro44

@geno said:

Also, I was under the impression Sp-Ock has all of Peter's combat skills and experience, lacking only certain memories which Otto opted to purge?

Otto had to access Peters memories, and there isn't any evidence he accessed his way of the spider yet. There are some memories he doesn't have access to.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Temudjin

@jashro44: I imagine something like martial arts skills would have been instinctively accessed whenever he engaged in combat.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geno said:

@jashro44: I imagine something like martial arts skills would have been instinctively accessed whenever he engaged in combat.

He has never been shown to use it. It wouldn't be instinctive to Otto, since he seemed to need to access anything he needed from Peter's memory directly.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@wyldsong said:

SpOck, while exceedingly ruthless, has been shown to ignore that all important spider-sense from time to time, and isn't as proficient with it's use as Pete (and SpOck doesn't have that nifty WOTS training). The prep in the end means nothing if the equipment is limited to a few select things. SpOck has dominated others with his prep because of his tech and equipment. If the equipment restriction were removed, I'd be more inclined to go with SpOck, but with the restrictions as is, I'd favor BP for a slight majority.

BP's gear in this setup is superior to SpOck's (no pun intended), and SpOck (so far) is less likely to go for the incapacitation via webbing (not to say he hasn't done it, but with someone he is intent on taking down, it usually doesn't happen). Vibranium suit with energy daggers, anti-metal claws...BP is going to be hard to damage, and can pretty much bypass any armor plating.

I'm inclined to agree with this, but the prep probably puts things slightly more in SpOck's favor. SpOck could counter much of T'Challa's tech with his power-dampening field (which he used on the "new" Sinister Six). Then it's just a matter of getting through the vibranium suit, which I'm not entirely sure he can. SpOck isn't as inclined to web-wrap an opponent, which could cost him. The power-dampening field with a web-wrap would be an easy win for SpOck, but it doesn't seem that much in character to go for the webs. I'm going to leaning T'Challa because I don't think SpOck will have a counter to the vibranium suit here, but this is a long, tough fight.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DarkRaiden

BP should...dominate. With prep he's a beast, without it he's always been better than Spidey in multiple ways. SpOck's worse if anything.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By robertloucksjr

Spock. Too strong and fast and prep pretty much cancels out.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Panther is likely as fast and as strong if not stronger