• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by The Monkey Manhunter (70 posts) - - Show Bio

my guess is black lightning

#2 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio

yes BL

#3 Posted by Strafe Prower (11896 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: I agree. Now what were you saying in the other thread?
#4 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio

BL I think becuase he is a little more experienced
#5 Edited by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:

" BL I think becuase he is a little more experienced "

well since static controls electromagnetism (like magneto to a smaller degree) should he get the amount of practice and experience BL has he would stomp him. BL can only control electrcity, statics control over electromagnetism could very well be more powerful that BL's control over his own bioelectricty. i also stated that under the unified field theory Statics powers should allow him to control all 4 forces of the universe including gravity, strong and weak nuclear force...i think that was lampshaded in a scan where they compared their powers and static said he's were greater but BL said "we'll compare notes later" :P heck static has even bent electrons around and stopped bullets in mid-air and created nuclear fission.
#6 Posted by Strafe Prower (11896 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: 
He has used magnetism many times and has supposedly controlled the earths electromagnetic field, though I haven't read that appearance yet. 
 

 

I have heard he was successful though.
#7 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @difficlus: 
He has used magnetism many times and has supposedly controlled the earths electromagnetic field, though I haven't read that appearance yet. 
 

 

I have heard he was successful though. "
Oh ok, Static is still cooler..:Phehe
#8 Posted by Strafe Prower (11896 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: LOL. I think both are very cool characters. I love that they both have respect for each other now.
#9 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus:
Ok but I still don't what that has to do with experience
#10 Posted by Static Shock (47947 posts) - - Show Bio
When Static begins to display the level of power that Black Lightning has against Geo-Force, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. 
 
Black Lightning wins.
#11 Posted by Strafe Prower (11896 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: That was an epic battle indeed. Are you currently reading the series or did you just see the scans? Next issue he destroys a Markovian plane out of spite with ease LOL
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47947 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
"well since static controls electromagnetism (like magneto to a smaller degree) should he get the amount of practice and experience BL has he would stomp him. BL can only control electrcity, statics control over electromagnetism could very well be more powerful that BL's control over his own bioelectricty. i also stated that under the unified field theory Statics powers should allow him to control all 4 forces of the universe including gravity, strong and weak nuclear force...i think that was lampshaded in a scan where they compared their powers and static said he's were greater but BL said "we'll compare notes later" :P heck static has even bent electrons around and stopped bullets in mid-air and created nuclear fission. "
Black Lightning has showings of electromagnetism, as well. Maybe not as many showings as Static, but he can do a lot of the basic things that Static does with it. The unified field theory and Static's ability to manipulate it something that would only become possible with experience. As of right now, he hasn't shown anything close to that. The scan you're referring to was in Brave and the Bold #24, and it was written by Matt Wayne (a guy that used to work for Dwayne McDuffie @ Milestone). That there is just obvious bias for Static, and apparently, Wayne never did any research on Black Lightning before writing that.
#13 Posted by Static Shock (47947 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Static Shock: That was an epic battle indeed. Are you currently reading the series or did you just see the scans? Next issue he destroys a Markovian plane out of spite with ease LOL "
I read both issues. I plan to follow the series, but I've been lazy with reading it lately.
#14 Posted by Strafe Prower (11896 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Well there hasn't been any real development so far, so you haven't missed much except for a little Creeper plot.
#15 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

BL...old school wins

#16 Posted by Primebonnick (3395 posts) - - Show Bio

i do prefer static but BL takes this

#17 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Both characters are very cool but in the end I definity think that Black Lightning would come out of this as the winner.
#18 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

They both absorb electricity though so how does this fight even work?

#19 Posted by cascadeking09 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish people would stop calling him Static Shock.

#20 Posted by mark5 (1207 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: lol. true thing.
#21 Posted by termiteone4ever (8556 posts) - - Show Bio

Black L got this 

#22 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please explain how a fight between two guys who absorb electricity works?

#23 Posted by cascadeking09 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix: Easy, the one with more experience and skill wins.
#24 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

right but they cannot damage each other with their powers i suppose their is bludgeoning with metal though and other forms of em energy

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47947 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: LMFAO @ that comic strip.
#26 Posted by cascadeking09 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Lol. I did when I first saw it too.
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47947 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skaddix said:
right but they cannot damage each other with their powers.
Yes, they can. This is why. 
 
 Prometheus did it.
 
And... Dr. Kilgore did it, too. Several times in the same fight.
 
 
Static has to be ready for an electrical attack before he can actually deal with it.
#28 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning.

#29 Posted by Kinasin_ (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

I really wish people would stop calling him Static Shock.

lol wth

#30 Posted by Static Shock (47947 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#31 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Do you think BL and Static should have a conjoined book in which BL kinda mentors Static and shows him how to use his powers better or has that already happened?

Online
#32 Posted by cascadeking09 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder:I think something similar to that happened in the issue of Brave and the bold that they appeared in together.

@Kinasin_: I found it from someone who shares my annoyance with people getting his name wrong.

#33 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09: Cool. I'd like to see it a bit more frequent though because after static's "52' book both he and BL could use the exposure

Online
#34 Posted by cascadeking09 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Agreed. And the art in Static's ongoing is just terrible imo, it makes it so tough to read and take seriously.

#35 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4716 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09: Well th final issue should be comic out soon befor the Second wave hits

Online
#36 Posted by Spartan101 (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primebonnick said:

i do prefer static but BL takes this
#37 Posted by joshuagamer (637 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09: lol very nice sir

#38 Posted by joshuagamer (637 posts) - - Show Bio

Blacck Lightning definately takes this as of now (due largely to experience); in the New 52, Static's powers were evolving, so I don't know how the two would compare after that

#39 Edited by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

When Static begins to display the level of power that Black Lightning has against Geo-Force, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. Black Lightning wins.

This! Spoken by the legend. ^^^^

#40 Posted by sa5m (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spartan101 said:

@Primebonnick said:

i do prefer static but BL takes this
#41 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Static's series getting canceled?

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47947 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@Static Shock: Do you think BL and Static should have a conjoined book in which BL kinda mentors Static and shows him how to use his powers better or has that already happened?

They were in a book together already. But, Black Lightning didn't really teach him anything. It was just a team-up. But, to have Black Lightning as a mentor would be alright.

#43 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

BL for sure. And not just because he is my name and avatar.

#44 Posted by jashro44 (27620 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Black said:

Is Static's series getting canceled?

Yes. Issue 8 was the last one.
#45 Posted by Kinasin_ (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

@Kinasin_: I found it from someone who shares my annoyance with people getting his name wrong.

Aw.

#46 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning.

#47 Posted by anotheraccount (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

When Static begins to display the level of power that Black Lightning has against Geo-Force, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. Black Lightning wins.

No Sir. Black Lightning would cream your ass. Just saying static...LOL

#48 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

Black lightning beats static cause I see going into H2H and Black lightning was trained by batman I think.

#49 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning

#50 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Lightning Stomps.