Black Lightning and Static vs Aquaman and Tempest

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Black Lightning is circa his fight his Geo-Force and he gets all feats. We are using comic Static, who will be allowed all of his Milestone, cartoon, and DC feats (including pre and post-New 52). No water hand for Aquaman. He has his trident and whatever other standard equipment he carries, and he gets pre and post-New 52 feats. Garth is at his most powerful.

This is a random encounter with no knowledge on either side. All are in character and the fight is to the death. No BFR allowed. They fight in an evacuated Coast City by the beach. Jeff and Virgil are fully charged. Which team wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

EDIT: Arthur has been replaced with Kaldur'ahm. Kaldur has the Black Manta armor and gets feats from all mediums (comics as Jackson Hyde, Young Justice animated series, etc.)

EDIT: Kaldur is OUT.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You sadistic bastard, making me debate against Static. I hope you realize the crime you've committed.

Is this pre 52 Aauaman? If so, he should be just fine. He has been electrocuted while underwater and shaken it off. As well as having been zapped by natural lightning, in the middle of a rainstorm and kept on swimming. And he has already taken lightning blasts aplenty from Ocean Master and tazers from Black Manta. His electricity durability is pretty high.

I dunno about Garth but he should be able to tank some as we though he is probably more susceptible.

If Black Lightning has no TP defense he is in trouble. Static on the other hand, does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Yeah, sure. We can go with pre-New 52 Aquaman. I'm not sure if BL has a defense to telepathy. If not, I will disallow it to prevent such an easy win for the Aquateam.

EDIT: Actually I think BL was able to temporarily resist Darkseid's Anti-Life Equation IIRC. That should serve as a fairly decent TP resistance feat.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Dunno about BL. I'm positive Static has done it though. It took a period of time, but still noteworthy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Alright. So I assume you're backing the Aquateam, then?

And how do you think a 1 vs 1 between Static and Tempest would go down?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't BL just all around better than Static? Way more seasoned as well.

Idk much about Garth but I say Team 2 wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Not necessarily. Static's power set encompasses a larger range than BL's does, I believe.

@justthatkid: Thanks. Way to kill the fun -.-

(Still, thanks for the input)

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: More seasoned, yeah and better DC. But Static is far from a scrub. And he might even be smarter in the use of his powers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Lol no prob.

Love the pics always cool to see Black Ligtning/Static together and Aquaman/Tempest

Garth at most powerful could BFR them anywhere in the time streem, Morals off would boil or freeze there blood.

Darkseid even had interest in Garth.

Wow... I guess there's a lot more research I should've done here.

This is actually embarassing... maybe I should chill with the battle threads for a little while. Well, besides the Danny Phantom thread I'm about to make, that is.

Making mismatches is never fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anymore thoughts? I believed this was more even but I'm about to let this die, so I figured I should get some closing remarks.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: More seasoned, yeah and better DC. But Static is far from a scrub. And he might even be smarter in the use of his powers.

I figured. I watched most of Static Shock and read some of his New 52. He's definitely one of the smarter young heroes in DC.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Aquaman only had TP on marine life , did I miss something ?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I thought Aquaman only had TP on marine life , did I miss something ?

Aquaman Pre-52 can use telepathy on anything. Post-52 they nerfed it to marine-only.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: never really read aqua man comics , I thought it always was just marine life . How powerful was his TP ?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@fallschirmjager: never really read aqua man comics , I thought it always was just marine life . How powerful was his TP ?

Hard to place. Not planetary level like MMH but pretty powerful. He had a fight with a villain named Kordax and their TP battle was causing everyone on earth to have headaches.

He's also Paralyzed Vixen, mind controlled Superman, fought a cybernetic entity and beat it and bonded with it and then had it live inside the city of Atlantis - which he could issue commands with via his TP.

He also managed to read J'onn's mind once, without J'onn's consent. And J'onn thought that the two of them together could beat Despero (they didn't obviously) so he thinks plenty of him.

He's also mind raped quite a few villains including a Shark villain, a white martian (Zum) and a dragon named Tiamet that kicked Power Girl's ass. Oh and he controlled a GL ring with his telepathy once too.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Electricity vs water

What....the heck....this thread is awesome

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have recently read more on Tempest. He's actually pretty strong. He rather easily froze a tidal wave that was going to drown a vacation island.

However I'm fully positive Aqualad gets one shottsd by either Jeff or Virgil. He is nowhere near experienced enough to be messing with those two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Alright... so with all that in consideration, is your opinion on the fight's outcome changed?

I actually agree about Aqualad, but there's not really anybody else in the Aquaman family who can compete. I thought about Black Manta (not actually a part of the Aquaman FAMILY, but I digress) and Ocean Master, but Orm could probably solo based on what I've heard.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jeff has shown the mental capacity to block telepathy from Looker in the past, who is quite a powerful telepath in her own right. Also, he should be more than able to take out Aquaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff has shown the mental capacity to block telepathy from Looker in the past, who is quite a powerful telepath in her own right. Also, he should be more than able to take out Aquaman

The man who created both of the Black Lightning respect threads I've seen... wow. It's nice to have your input.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@shiryu: Feel free to tag me if you have any more threads with Black Lightning or any of the other characters I have respect threads for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. I'd say Static and Black Lightning win rather easily. As mentioned, Aqualad is not experienced enough to handle these two. And Tempest doesn't have the same durability towards electricity that Aquaman does.

And even if he did, Jeff and Virgil took down Holocaust, someone who took on the whole Teen Titans by short circuiting his nervous system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: It wouldn't have made much of a difference. Especially if they go for that attack they used on Holly.