#1 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary (Dinah Lance, has the Canary cry)

Poison Ivy (ArkhamVerse)

Morals on

No prep

Standard gear/abilities

Fight takes place in a neighborhood with a small forest (plants) nearby. They start 5 feet apart.

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

This site continues to confuse me. 2 well known characters, balanced fight and detailed OP gets less responses than a Joker vs Thor thread I saw a while back. What's up with that? Nevermind that though just respond to the fight lol thanks.

#3 Edited by LightenUpWillYa (113 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was morals off Black Canary would just destoy her with scream.

Otherwise Poison Ivy takes this with a poisonous touch. Also people don't know that she is actually a good fighter and is really strong and agile. On another note she can use the vines on her clothes to shut her mouth.

#4 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Trey_Leggatt01 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would have to be BC because she is much more skilled in fighting and she could take down Ivy with one sceam

#6 Posted by LightenUpWillYa (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@trey_leggatt01: Isn't Black Canary a normal human? Ivy has super strenght and agility.

Yes I vote for Ivy she can grow seeds in seconds to really big plants unless Black Canary engages in close range which I doubt Poison Ivy will let her.

#7 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by LightenUpWillYa (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: Then it comes down to who acts faster. Ivy can instantly touch and poison her or black canary can use her scream to weaken her and take her down. BC's chances of winning are lot higher now I guess.

But a vine or a plant can work its way through her back and just choke her. I don't know how many seconds Ivy can withstand the scream before dropping unconscious so Ivy might not even have the chance to fight back.

#9 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightenupwillya: Her poison touch works ONLY on bare skin. Canary is in her standard suit which has gloves so she can throw pucnhes without consequences and be touched. So have you come to a conclusion?

#10 Edited by LightenUpWillYa (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: Yeah I don't know which one is her standart suit but I know she has lot of her body out in open. I was talking about Ivy touching her not Black Canary touching her.

I'll give it to Black Canary since you made it 5 feets apart.

The only thing that makes me doubt my decision is will Black Canary use her scream because it's morals on. I know she barely uses it. Poison Ivy is very powerful and dangerous so I guess she might not hold back on her powers IF she knows about Ivy.

I wish someone else would comment on this too.

#11 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7044 posts) - - Show Bio

ENDS IN SEX!

#14 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightenupwillya: me too. And I know what you meant im sayinf BC is wearing gloves so if she touches PI then BC wont be affected since PI has poisonous skin

#15 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy for the win because of her poison touch.

#16 Posted by Pokeysteve (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards Canary here because Arkham Ivy didn't show anything you guys are listing. This isn't comic Ivy. It's the Arkham Asylum/City version.

#17 Posted by LightenUpWillYa (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Oh that's my fault I didn't notice that part. Well then I really don't know how to judge this fight because she doesn't actually fight in games she has her zombie men and plants. She doesn't have any feats.

#18 Edited by Enzeru--defunct (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

This site continues to confuse me. 2 well known characters, balanced fight and detailed OP gets less responses than a Joker vs Thor thread I saw a while back. What's up with that? Nevermind that though just respond to the fight lol thanks.

On Comicvine controversial battles get far more interest than well balanced fights, where you actually have to think about the outcome.

#19 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Ok, well if this you don't have to think about it at all who wins?

#20 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Ok, well if this you don't have to think about it at all who wins?

I'm not familiar with Arkham Ivy, so I can't tell.
But I do know that the regular Ivy should stomp, because her powers are just nuts. She busts buildings with her plants.

#21 Posted by HigorM (4261 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary, knock out via Sonic Scream!

#22 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Well this IS Arkham Ivy. Also, what my point was in the original comment was that this is much more controversial than say, Joker vs Thor, no?

#23 Edited by Enzeru--defunct (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this IS Arkham Ivy.

Well, I don't know anything about Arkham Ivy, so I can't comment.

Also, what my point was in the original comment was that this is much more controversial than say, Joker vs Thor, no?

I know what your original point was and this thread is not even in the slightest more controversial than others with a lot of responses like for example Flash versus Odin, or every powerhouse-brawler versus powerhouse-speedster thread.

#24 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: If you know nothing about Arkham Ivy why are you saying this isn't controversial? Also obviously it's not the most controversial thread but those have already been taken, im just saying Joker vs Thor or Deathstroke vs Galactus shouldnt get more than this which, as you dont know, CAN go either way

#25 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

If you know nothing about Arkham Ivy why are you saying this isn't controversial? Also obviously it's not the most controversial thread but those have already been taken, im just saying Joker vs Thor or Deathstroke vs Galactus shouldnt get more than this which, as you dont know, CAN go either way

Well, I hardly doubt that Arkham Ivy is more powerful than the regular Ivy and even when it comes to the regular Ivy I would understand, when people make arguments for Black Canary, since she has the needed skill and the needed one-shot-device to pull off a miracle win over Poison Ivy.
I hardly doubt that this fight is even in the dimension of insanity that is Flash versus Odin or Spectre versus Living Tribunal.

#26 Edited by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: I'm not saying it is, jesus! Arkham ivy is less powerful which makes it fairly close

#27 Posted by Funsiized (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

happened in the Nu52, Ivy Seemed to be holding her own against ALL of the Birds of Prey. Different version but you get my point.

#28 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying it is, jesus! Arkham ivy is less powerful which makes it fairly close

I know all of that, son -___-
And when you asked, I told you that controversial threads get more hits and replies than good ones.

#29 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

No one else?

#32 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

bump!

#40 Posted by sync1 (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

Canary would win.

#42 Edited by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has spoken!

HIS WORD IS LAW

#43 Posted by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio