No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@RenaissanceMan: If its only h2h, Cass takes majority. If Canary cry is allowed, Dinah takes the majority.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

What he said. Dinah is top 10 maybe. Cass is top 5.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

What exactly are the parameters of the fight? If its standard powers and equipment, Canary hammers it.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@RenaissanceMan: If its only h2h, Cass takes majority. If Canary cry is allowed, Dinah takes the majority.

Do you think Cass has any equipment to counter the cry that may give her the win?

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say they start ten feet apart, if Cass reacts fast enough she could possibly counter the cry couldn't she? I'm not as familiar with Cass, but I know she's a hth beast.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Black Canary is in Cassandras hand to hand league all though this could be due to lack of knowledge. Her best feat is stalemating bronze tiger right? All though I am pretty sure that might be a bit out of her norm? Anyways standard battle forum rules state if starting distance isn't specified they begin up close so I will go with cassandra until I can see some feats from canary that suggest she can hold out in melee.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RenaissanceMan: I doubt it. Dinah has been able to hurt meta humans with her cry. Unless they start at a decent distance in a stealth scenario, I doubt Cass can dodge it.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Cass is one of, if not THE best (human) hand to hand fighter/s in DC. Canary is excellent and top 10 as Joy said but she can't beat Cass.

If the Canary cry is allowed I'd say Cass still takes a majority. Her armor should protect her and the cry's power varies greatly.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H2H only - Canary is screwed.

Standard gear and powers allowed - Cassie may be able to win provided she has the equipment to counter the Canary Cry.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really need to put more effort in your battles.

Starting distance? Gear? etc.

Cassie would stomp Canary in hand to hand.

If Canary Cry is allowed, depending on the starting distance, Canary wins easy.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

What are the circumstances of this battle?

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

We need fight parameters. Too much ambiguity in this scenario. Cass is a superior hand to hand fighter but Canary can hold her own and has a metahuman ability. Depending on morals, location, gear and other factors it could go either way.

However with a lot of assumption I'd say Cassandra wins. She is a superior fighter as well as stealthier and more agile than Canary. She also seems to have an extremely high pain threshold. I think that would help her against Dinah's sonic attack. The canary cry could slow Cass down but I think ultimately she incapacitates Dinah.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Do you think Cass has any equipment to counter the cry that may give her the win?

Batman once used a device on Silver Banshee which sent her scream cack to her. But I've never seen that device being used again, by Batman or any other member. So, I doubt it.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rick_Grayson

@rbt said:

@renaissanceman said:

@rbt said:

Batman once used a device on Silver Banshee which sent her scream cack to her. But I've never seen that device being used again, by Batman or any other member. So, I doubt it.

I thought of the exact same feat, but that happened in the Batman / Superman run which as far as I'm aware is not canon. This fight is completely determined by whether Canary has her Cry and starting distance, for obvious reasons.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rick_Grayson: What? Batman/Superman is not canon? I always thought they were.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By slimj87d

Black Cannary.

@rbt It's hard to tell what is canon in it because it was terribly written and things just don't make sense in it and how it related to the DC world later. There's no proof of it being canon or not canon.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: @rbt: Well, I can't say 100% either way, but the few times I've tried to use feats from that run in debates on here I've had a flood of "not canon" replies. I'm trusting the vine on this one.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: @rbt: Well, I can't say 100% either way, but the few times I've tried to use feats from that run in debates on here I've had a flood of "not canon" replies. I'm trusting the vine on this one.

I honestly don't believe it to be canon as when Batman gained Superman's powers, he beat the hell out of Grayson and disfigured him so bad, that Alfred said half his teeth were gone and he'll never look the same again.

That same story arc, batman punched a hole through Bane and his internal organs came pooring out. He was also on Venom during the time he vowed to stay off of it and had not been on it for awhile.

Batman would never lose that kind of control. And Graysons face was fine. Bane appeared in many arcs afterwards without any kind of wound.

Just didn't make sense to me along with many other things.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canary's scream is her only chance here. However, even with the scream Cassandra is so fast that she could evade the scream AFTER Canary screamed. A sonic attack is a wave of sound which travels at the speed of sound, logically enough. Cassandra has evaded a vast number of supersonic attacks, including weaving between bullets after they have left the barrel of the gun. Cass is basically immune to Canary's two methods of damage, sonic screams and martial arts.

Because of Cass's massive advantages in speed and skill combined with her move reading abilities I have to give her this battle 8/10, or even 9/10. There aren't very many ways for Canary to win.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MonsterStomp

Canary's scream is her only chance here. However, even with the scream Cassandra is so fast that she could evade the scream AFTER Canary screamed.

Or throat chop ftw.

Arise7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arise7

Canary wins, Cassandra Cain might be better in h2h combat but they are in the same league. It's not like Cassandra could beat her in 5 seconds or anything. Regardless of distance Canary is good enough to stall for enough time to give her a chance to use canary cry.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dondave

Ehh, even with the Canary Cry, Cassandra still stops her

Arise7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canary cry could K.O. her in one hit, regardless of what type of suit she's wearing. Her cry is able to break down buildings and shatter metal. Sorry but Cass gets stomped with the cry.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassandra will destroy her if this gets close. Depending on when in N52 this is, Dinahs cry may take it.