black canary vs black widow

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marvelownes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelownes

you see a lot of my friends have been asking me this and i wanted to ask for your opinions who do you think would win in a hand to hand fight no weapons.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

Black Canary would beat her so badly, can anyone name a time they've seen Black Widow win?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite
@marvelownes: Canary get her cry?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite
@geraldthesloth said:
" Black Canary would beat her so badly, can anyone name a time they've seen Black Widow win? "
Against Jigsaw! :D

That said you're completely right. (Although the OP seems to be a noob, so I was trying to help out a bit. :( )
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Amegashita

What's the situation?  Is it just a hand to hand fight?  Are there weapons involved, and if so what kind and who gets them?  Is Black Canary allowed to use her cry and are morals on or off?

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By WW-Fan

hmm i have to say Black Canary
dragonmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By dragonmaster

Black Canary    

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Amegashita said:
"   What's the situation?  Is it just a hand to hand fight?  Are there weapons involved, and if so what kind and who gets them?  Is Black Canary allowed to use her cry and are morals on or off? "
OP says h2h no weapons...but that's all it says......
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By theiconic

widow...she's  far more tactical, and skilled  simple  trank -snipe  from elevated position  will do tha job..... and shield ear pluggs will resist the savage scream..if need be

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Black Canary takes this easily
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Magian

Black Canary.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Captain13

I'm giving it to Black Widow.

Widow has decades more fighting experience than Canary since she was born before WWII. She has been subjected to bio-technological and psycho-technological enhancement.  This gave her physical abilities much like Captain America. She possesses peak-level physiology, making her as strong, agile, fast, and durable as a female human can possibly be without being classified as superhuman. This also extends to her senses and immune system, which are similarly heightened to peak human level. She's proven that she can hold her own against both Captains of America, Hawkeye, and Daredevil. She is an accomplished battle strategist and has been the leader of the Avengers and even SHIELD on one occasion. And her decades of combat experience against hundreds of superhuman enemies prove that she's no pushover. 
All of that combined with her high tech catsuit, weapons, and gadgets make her > than Black Canary.

No Caption Provided
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By spidey 15

Canary easy. 
=]

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Captain13:@theiconic:  No weapons guys, seriously read the OP. :/
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@spidey 15 said:
" Canary easy. =] "
as stated in other threads. This
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Captain13
@Decoy Elite: She would win even without weapons due to her peak human attributes, approximately 70 years of combat experience and training, tactical mind, agility, and high-tech catsuit that protects her from injury and allows her to stick to walls.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrDirector786

Canary

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spidey 15
@Captain13: Seriously, if she was that impressive and if she has more experienced, why in almost every time she fought with DD lost badly? 
=]
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Captain13 said:
" @Decoy Elite: She would win even without weapons due to her peak human attributes, approximately 70 years of combat experience and training, tactical mind, agility, and high-tech catsuit that protects her from injury and allows her to stick to walls. "
1. What protects her from the Canary cry?
2. What real noteworthy opponents has Black Widow beaten?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spidey 15
@Decoy Elite: Canary doesn't need the canary cry.
=] 
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Captain13
@spidey 15: I haven't seen her lose badly to DD before. I would need scans to be sure.

Plus even if she lost to DD, that doesn't mean she couldn't beat Black Canary. DD has Superhuman senses and balance that help make him extraordinarily dangerous.  Daredevil has also been trained in the ninja arts by Stick, a master and member of the secret order The Chaste. Nick Fury, former director of S.H.I.E.L.D, commented that there are only a handful of individuals that know what Matt Murdock knows, referring to the Chaste. Stick helped Daredevil control his powers and taught him valuable fighting techniques with ninja-stealth, ninja-vanishing, to even life-energy(chi/ki)control. Matt uses a variety of pressure points as in paralyzing an entire body or certain parts of the body. He's disabled eye sight, speech, induced pain, and even has knowledge of death pressure points. Daredevil's fighting style blends American-style Boxing, Ninjutsu, Judo, Aikijujutsu and various other martial arts, most notably Staff Fighting with his acrobatic ability. His skills have proven sufficient to allow him to defeat, or at least hold his own, against some of the greatest fighters on Earth. With the use of his Ninja techniques he has done things impossible for most humans and superhumans such as vanishing in thin air in front of gunman, jogging up walls, resurrecting himself from the dead and so on. His skills have taken him to facing such skilled opponents as Captain America, Black Widow, Taskmaster, Wolverine, Elektra, Bullseye, The Avengers, and Echo. 

In sum, both Black Widow AND Daredevil would kick Black Canary's @$$ without weapons.

Black Widow: Deadly Origin #3
Black Widow: Deadly Origin #3

Black Widow FTW.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spidey 15
@Captain13: First of all, it's not necessary to show the whole history of DD, i'm aware of what he can do and what he did. 

And seriously, can you name me anything impressive that Widow did? I mean seriously, you do know who Black Canary is, right? 
If not, check here to learn. 
Black Canary will be stomp with great ease. 

Also DD had beaten her more than once but this is the only fight that i have now 

No Caption Provided
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Captain13
@Decoy Elite said:

" @Captain13 said:

" @Decoy Elite: She would win even without weapons due to her peak human attributes, approximately 70 years of combat experience and training, tactical mind, agility, and high-tech catsuit that protects her from injury and allows her to stick to walls. "

1. What protects her from the Canary cry? 2. What real noteworthy opponents has Black Widow beaten? "
1. Black Canary's cry is limited by her morals in this fight. So she won't use it to destroy everything or kill anyone. On top of that, skilled fighters like Black Widow can get around her cry. See Lady Shiva, White canary, and animated Huntress for details. And yes I know cartoons aren't canon, but I'm proving a point. What's to stop Widow from punching her in the throat or moving away from the blast using her agility?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

2. Black Widow has kept up using only h2h with Captain America I, Captain America II, Wolverine, Yelena Belova, Daredevil, Elektra, and others.
She usually isn't chosen to be the one to beat the main enemy because she's always used in stories as a background character and a sidekick. She's not as popular as Cap, Thor, Iron Man, so what do you expect? When has Black Canary beaten anyone important in a Justice League book? The only reason she has beaten people in stories is because she's basically the field leader of the Birds of Prey. If Widow were leader of a group of B-listers and C-listers in an ongoing title, she would get used more as a main character and she would beat more people. Plus just because Black Canary has won some fights doesn't mean she can beat the female, Russian version of Cap.
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Captain13
@spidey 15 said:

" @Captain13: First of all, it's not necessary to show the whole history of DD, i'm aware of what he can do and what he did. 

And seriously, can you name me anything impressive that Widow did? I mean seriously, you do know who Black Canary is, right? 
If not, check here to learn. 
Black Widow will be stomp with great ease. 

Also DD had beaten her more than once but this is the only fight that i have now 

No Caption Provided
"
 Both Widow and DD would/could beat Canary. 
Widow would win even without weapons due to her peak human attributes, approximately 70 years of combat experience and training, tactical mind, agility, and high-tech catsuit that protects her from injury and allows her to stick to walls.  
Canary can cry all she wants. She's not going to win.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spidey 15
@Captain13: Sorry that was a typo, of course i meant BC. 

Yeah, 70 years of experience and training, tactical mind and agility, didn't save her from being crushed by DD( who has less experience) in seconds. I would love to know what impressive thing she did that put her above a character that is listed in the seven greater fighters in the DC universe. 
=]
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Captain13
@spidey 15 said:

" @Captain13: Sorry that was a typo, of course i meant BC.  Yeah, 70 years of experience and training, tactical mind and agility, didn't save her from being crushed by DD( who has less experience) in seconds. I would love to know what impressive thing she did that puther above a character that is listed in the seven greater fighters in the DC universe. =] "

I know you meant BC, but I thought it was funny. Your subconscious knows the truth. =]
Canary isn't in the Top 10 of the DC universe.
It's more like :
1. Karate Kid
2. Richard Dragon
3. Deathstroke
4. Cassandra Cain
5. Connor Hawke
6. Constantine Drakon
7. White Canary
8. Shiva
9. David Cain
10. Batman
11. Bronze Tiger
12.  Wonder Woman
13. Dick Grayson
14. Judomaster
15. Black Canary

Being beaten by DD is nothing to be ashamed about since he could also beat Canary.  DD has Superhuman senses and balance that help make him extraordinarily dangerous.  Daredevil has also been trained in the ninja arts by Stick, a master and member of the secret order The Chaste. Nick Fury, former director of S.H.I.E.L.D, commented that there are only a handful of individuals that know what Matt Murdock knows, referring to the Chaste. Stick helped Daredevil control his powers and taught him valuable fighting techniques with ninja-stealth, ninja-vanishing, to even life-energy(chi/ki)control. Matt uses a variety of pressure points as in paralyzing an entire body or certain parts of the body. He's disabled eye sight, speech, induced pain, and even has knowledge of death pressure points. Daredevil's fighting style blends American-style Boxing, Ninjutsu, Judo, Aikijujutsu and various other martial arts, most notably Staff Fighting with his acrobatic ability. His skills have proven sufficient to allow him to defeat, or at least hold his own, against some of the greatest fighters on Earth. With the use of his Ninja techniques he has done things impossible for most humans and superhumans such as vanishing in thin air in front of gunman, jogging up walls, resurrecting himself from the dead and so on. His skills have taken him to facing such skilled opponents as Captain America, Black Widow, Taskmaster, Wolverine, Elektra, Bullseye, The Avengers, and Echo. What makes you think Black Canary can beat DD in h2h?

Why do I think Black Widow is a better fighter than Black Canary? Well beyond her peak human attributes and approximately 70 years of combat experience and training that should allow her to do this:  

She has also matched  Captain America I, Captain America II, Wolverine, and Elektra in h2h. All of them are better at h2h than Black Canary IMHO.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrDirector786

White Canary and Lady Shiva would also own Black Widow.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Captain13
@MrDirector786 said:
" White Canary and Lady Shiva would also own Black Widow. "
I didn't say they couldn't beat her. I'm saying that fighters with no powers can get past Black Canary's cry and beat her. White Canary> or = Black Widow > Black Canary.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spidey 15
@Captain13: Where did you find that list? 

Again stop telling me the whole story of DD, i'm aware of what he can do. And by your logic, it's ashamed of losing to DD because BW has more tech and more experience. These were the reasons on why you believe that BW wins. So yes, by your logic, is ashamed of losing to DD, especially in seconds. 
Also her great agility, didn't save her from the shield that DD threw. 
I want scans where it shows he was able to beat or keep up with the characters you named. 
Also that video that you posted, make me take you less seriously than before. 
Also, did you check the link i gave you. 
=]
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spidey 15
@Captain13 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
I didn't say they couldn't beat her. I'm saying that fighters with no powers can get past Black Canary's cry and beat her. White Canary> or = Black Widow > Black Canary. "
Seriously, where in your scans Black Canary is using her cry? 
And, you didn't even mention anything impressive for BW, i can't understand why do you believe she is above BC. 
=]
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Black Canary.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Amegashita
@spidey 15:  That video was nostalgic!!  Even though Canary completely owns The Huntress.  

Anyway, Black Canary wins this one.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By spidey 15
@Amegashita: Well, this is against Widow not huntress, but yes, she owns her. 
=]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is White Canary above Shiva on that bogus list posted? White Canary has appeared in 4 issues and LOST to Dinah. 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spidey 15
@Jake Fury: Did you see where Slade is listed? 
=]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey 15:  
 Wow. 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spidey 15
@Jake Fury: The guy barely must be equal to batman( if not below ) and here he is listed above like the 3 best fighter? WTF!
imaginaryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By imaginaryman
@Captain13:  where'd you find that list? 

some facts I think you should take in too:
1. BC is also peak human in attributes
2. She defeated white canary and shiva(without technology, and this is in H2H)
3. everyone has a point, who was she able to defeat? as in give me a big name
 because BC was able to take on Shiva, Batman, White Canary, Deathstroke, Cassandra, Merlyn, Ra's al Ghul, Cheshire, Savant
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By spidey 15
@imaginaryman said:
" @Captain13:  where'd you find that list?   some facts I think you should take in too: 1. BC is also peak human in attributes 2. She defeated white canary and shiva(without technology, and this is in H2H) 3. everyone has a point, who was she able to defeat? as in give me a big name  because BC was able to take on Shiva, Batman, White Canary, Deathstroke, Cassandra, Merlyn, Ra's al Ghul, Cheshire, Savant "
Well done. 
=D
imaginaryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By imaginaryman
@spidey 15: thank you :D
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By sexy_merc
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spidey 15
@Sexy Merc: I bumped the other one so some people will let this thread die. 
=]
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Captain13
@spidey 15 said:
" @Captain13: Where did you find that list?  Again stop telling me the whole story of DD, i'm aware of what he can do. And by your logic, it's ashamed of losing to DD because BW has more tech and more experience. These were the reasons on why you believe that BW wins. So yes, by your logic, is ashamed of losing to DD, especially in seconds. Also her great agility, didn't save her from the shield that DD threw. I want scans where it shows he was able to beat or keep up with the characters you named. Also that video that you posted, make me take you less seriously than before. Also, did you check the link i gave you. =] "
How is it a shame to lose to DD who uses magical ninja tricks? Tricks that Black Canary doesn't have. Yes, BW beats BC bc of more tech and combat experience. Unless Canary lives through 70 years of fights, or picks up some magical ninja abilities, or beats Captain America or Wolverine in a fight , I'm not going to believe she can beat BW. And I really don't know what your scan means. You say she lost in seconds, but I want to know the context. Since they were partners I want to know why they would fight in the first place. Is one of them brainwashed? Has Widow been weakened? What happened before those panels? Why the heck does DD have Cap's shield? How do I know that that scan isn't PIS or else worlds or something?

I don't have a scanner, but in Captain America: Fallen Son, BW fought Bucky to s standstill before he escaped in a flying car. And in Marvel Comics Presents, she fought Wolverine to a standstill. Give me a sec to look through my garage for the issue.

And I'm sorry if the video made you take me less seriously. I don't see why. I think it showed a good example of peak human agility. Agility BC doesn't have. But you're entitled to your opinion.
Yes, I have read BC's page as well as her comics.

@spidey 15 said:
" @Captain13 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
I didn't say they couldn't beat her. I'm saying that fighters with no powers can get past Black Canary's cry and beat her. White Canary> or = Black Widow > Black Canary. "
Seriously, where in your scans Black Canary is using her cry? And, you didn't even mention anything impressive for BW, i can't understand why do you believe she is above BC. =] "
Those scans and vids prove that Canary doesn't open fights with her cry under normal circumstances and they prove she can be beaten by people with no powers. Her morality keeps her from winning this fight. Without morals she would have won. But they're on, so she loses because she'll be hesitant to use her Canary Cry. 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spidey 15
@Captain13: Post in the other thread. 
=]
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sexy_merc
@spidey 15: Hopefully it gets locked.

LOL, off-topic but I'm not 35.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spidey 15
@Sexy Merc: LIAR! 
I knew you were lying. 
You are 85, right? 
XD
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sexy_merc
@spidey 15: Nah, way older than that.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spidey 15
@Sexy Merc: Your girlfriend's young face says otherwise...=P
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sexy_merc
@spidey 15: Aha, she isn't that young and maybe I'm a...you know.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By saiyan_earthling

I gotta give the battle to Black Canary. If she can beat or at least stalemate Shiva, the master H2H assassin she can beat Black Widow easily.