User Lists: 3

Is this pure H2H?

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

More of a straight up fight, they get to use whatever they've got.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pure h2h, Panther wins. But barely.

If everything is allowed, Dinah stomps.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Pure h2h, Panther wins. But barely.

If everything is allowed, Dinah stomps.

I wouldn't say barely....

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested to see if Panther could overcome the cry.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Well, H2H, Black Canary gets defeated for a great majority.

If it is anything goes, Canary wins.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

vague thread is vague

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RenaissanceMan

@fallschirmjager said:

vague thread is vague

They start 15 feet apart, anything goes, Panther has daggers and force fields, Canary can let loose with the cry at her earliest convenience.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if T'challa can counter the canary cry....Depends on the version I guess. Vibranium can absorb sound waves so I suppose classic could win.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolverine08: It'll be hardly an easy win for Panther. Dinah is one of the best h2h fighter of DC. Easily surpassing most of Bat family. T'challa would win, but Dinah would give him hell.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@jashro44 said:

I don't know if T'challa can counter the canary cry....Depends on the version I guess. Vibranium can absorb sound waves so I suppose classic could win.

@rbt said:

@Wolverine08: It'll be hardly an easy win for Panther. Dinah is one of the best h2h fighter of DC. Easily surpassing most of Bat family. T'challa would win, but Dinah would give him hell.

Both of these. If she can cut loose with the cry, current BP is going down hard. Without the cry BP wins a majority, but he has to work for them. Canary is a hand to hand beast, although Panther is slightly more skilled, BPs physicals give him the bigger edge though in the hand to hand department.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine008

@granitesoldier:

Ah, pardon my ignorance regarding Canary. I've heard she's one of DC's best fighters, but I haven't seen that man feats from here so I thought she was one of those top tier fighters who gets their acclaim from statements.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Tchalla still wins this..

AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anything goes:Black Canary

H2H:Black Panther

Awesome:This fight

AmazonieSPL

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Canary Cry would affect him to greatly. One of his major Villains is Klaw, the Master of Sound. He's altered his suit to help him better fight Klaw, it should also work against Canary.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't current Black Panther like superhuman? He can also cloak and teleport. I don't see why he couldn't teleport behind her and put her in a sleeper hold.

Dinah is a great fighter, but if he can close the distance before she tries to canary cry him, then I would see him winning.

He's one of the best hand to hand combatants and has superhuman stats and tech to back it up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

I doubt Canary Cry would affect him to greatly. One of his major Villains is Klaw, the Master of Sound. He's altered his suit to help him better fight Klaw, it should also work against Canary.

We have no idea if he even has the vibranium suit still though.

Isn't current Black Panther like superhuman? He can also cloak and teleport. I don't see why he couldn't teleport behind her and put her in a sleeper hold.

Dinah is a great fighter, but if he can close the distance before she tries to canary cry him, then I would see him winning.

He's one of the best hand to hand combatants and has superhuman stats and tech to back it up.

Yea he is currently super human. Thing is he isn't really going to be aware of the cry until after she uses it....He has to be able to end it quickly which is possible given his skill and hand to hand but I don't know. Depends how Canary decides to fight here.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Good point. If this is the case, I'll take T'challa. It's likely Dinah wouldn't try to use her Canary Cry right away, she usually sticks to h2h anyway.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Since there are 15 feet apart, I would say that Black Canary would just use her canary cry and it'd be all over.

However, I'm not sure about vibranium's resistance to sound waves

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@granitesoldier:

Ah, pardon my ignorance regarding Canary. I've heard she's one of DC's best fighters, but I haven't seen that man feats from here so I thought she was one of those top tier fighters who gets their acclaim from statements.

She's a great fighter, but like BP because she isn't as followed by as many people her feats aren't as well known. She's one of my favorite DC characters, but even then I know there are plenty more people on CV that know more about her than I do. Panther is still stronger H2H in my opinion, though, with or without his enhancements. They just put him over that much more.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black panther.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I'm more inclined to believe that Panther would teleport into melee range in order to end the battle quick. His hand to hand skills combined with his super stats should allow him to take her down. However, if Black Canary manages to use her cry on him, I would say he would be KO'ed.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#26  Edited By batmannflash

Canary is one of the best H2H fighters in DC and apparently her sonic scream can liquefy bones. reaches up to 300 decibels

I've never seen scans though

and I'm not sure of Panther's resistance to the scream, as I stated above

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I'm more inclined to believe that Panther would teleport into melee range in order to end the battle quick. His hand to hand skills combined with his super stats should allow him to take her down. However, if Black Canary manages to use her cry on him, I would say he would be KO'ed.

good point

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP wins handily

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP Vibranium absorbs Kinetic Energy, Canary Cry is Kinetic Energy. Or BP can just port behind her dodging the cry not to mention Black Canary does not usually open with it she goes H2H first.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Black Canary is a pretty fly H2H fighter, no lie.

But I'm inclined to give T'Challa the majority here - assuming we're talking about Pre-upgrade Black Panther with the vibranium suit. His already impressive HTH skills, coupled by the obvious physical stats advantage thanks to the Heart-shaped herb, give him the advantage in close-combat. At range, he can shoot the energy daggers like bullets to keep her on her toes. His most useful ability, though, would be the vibranium suit, which as explicitly stated here....

No Caption Provided

...protects him from not only her blunt force, but also makes BP impervious to sonic attacks. So, I doubt the canary cry would work on him. Heck, his nemesis is made entirely of sound.

If, assuming we're talking about KoTD Black Panther, it is true that the vibranium suit is unconfirmed. But even if we ignore that, given his added experience (all the past BPs) and physicals (now superhuman) advantage - and the wide variety of toys like force-fields, cloaking, and teleportation, I'd still be inclined to give this to Panther. No reason why he can't port out of her scream's direction, plus it's not like Canary's gonna go full-on lethal at the first opportunity.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Panther

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canary cry is too much for BP.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Fair points. I guess since starting distance isn't specified we also assume they begin up close due to battle forum rules.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@jashro44:

Fair points. I guess since starting distance isn't specified we also assume they begin up close due to battle forum rules.

Her cry could be a big nono to BP's enhanced senses. But if it is current, teleportation / invisibility could play a factor, such as teleporting out of view, stealthing up to her ect... But what do I know?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@jashro44:

Her cry could be a big nono to BP's enhanced senses. But if it is current, teleportation / invisibility could play a factor, such as teleporting out of view, stealthing up to her ect... But what do I know?

Well if its classic as veashark pointed out the vibranium suit gives defense against that. All though yea Black Panther should win.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@jashro44:

Well if its classic as veashark pointed out the vibranium suit gives defense against that. All though yea Black Panther should win.

Oh, I thought this was current, if it is classic it would be like how the explosion of the vibrainium in wakanda was almost completely muffled.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RenaissanceMan

@retconcrisis said:

Canary cry is too much for BP.

doubt it. his gear helps him work around it

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39  Edited By Pokeysteve

Isn't current BP an even bigger bad ass than previous BP.

Eh. Panther should win. He is regularly =/> Batman who is generally considered better than Canary. Her cry has it's high showings and it's low showings but Panther's suit will protect him regardless.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Panther should win. He is regularly =/> Batman who is generally considered better than Canary. Her cry has it's high showings and it's low showings but Panther's suit will protect him regardless.

His upgrades are pretty vague. When he received the upgrades he was stated to have all the strength and knowledge of the previous black panthers. We know he is super human (I asked HIckman who confirmed it) but we don't really know to what degree (depending on if you take the statement of him having all the strength and knowledge of the past black panther literally or not estamates will vary). He beat black dwarf off panel (he has no feats but Breevort stated in an interview he is suppose to have the mass of a dwarf star or something like that [I think that Breevort is just talking crap though]), he one shotted black swan who is also super human to an unknown degree, and he also punched a hole though the chest of a cyborg.

In terms of tech its unclear if he still has the vibranium suit (All though his current suit is insulated to electrical attacks) but he has a teleporter, can turn invisible, and a force field. He also still has his energy daggers.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@jashro44 said:

@pokeysteve said:

His upgrades are pretty vague. When he received the upgrades he was stated to have all the strength and knowledge of the previous black panthers. We know he is super human (I asked HIckman who confirmed it) but we don't really know to what degree (depending on if you take the statement of him having all the strength and knowledge of the past black panther literally or not estamates will vary). He beat black dwarf off panel (he has no feats but Breevort stated in an interview he is suppose to have the mass of a dwarf star or something like that [I think that Breevort is just talking crap though]), he one shotted black swan who is also super human to an unknown degree, and he also punched a hole though the chest of a cyborg.

In terms of tech its unclear if he still has the vibranium suit (All though his current suit is insulated to electrical attacks) but he has a teleporter, can turn invisible, and a force field. He also still has his energy daggers.

I don't go by author statements. I want to see things on panel. Man of Steel, power of a million exploding suns and so on. It's just talk till it's on the page. I still think he beats her though.